Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm still so god drat upset I missed out on the Starlord one. Ugh, now it goes for triple the price and even the Chinese knock-offs are almost double.

Chris Pratt being a fuckstick cements my skipping that one as a good choice. I never even got the IM helmet but it's back in stock at like $125.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He’s deeply religious. It’s effectively brainwashing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Doesn't not make him a fuckstick.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

After divorcing Anna Farris (which is fine) but then a year later proposing to Schwarzenegger's daughter - I see him as a bit of a douchebag now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's just efficient. It's Hollywood, they're going to get divorced, might as well get on with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's a proud, card carrying member of a vocally anti LGBT church. gently caress him.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

He's a proud, card carrying member of a vocally anti LGBT church. gently caress him.

Seriously? Ugh. That's disappointing.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I've got a starlord marvel legends one I was looking to sell. What's your offer? Still in box, still in the shipping box.

I honestly don't know what would be a decent offer since I didn't want to pay much more than retail for it, what are you willing to part with it for?

Rhyno posted:

WHAT!? God drat it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I honestly don't remember what I paid for it. Where are you located? I can work up shipping and we can figure out a price from there.

On the subject of the actor, I can't say much about him. It sucks he's a member of a church that hates gays, but there's a shitton of catholic people in the world and it's not like they have the greatest history of handling things like homosexuality or child abuse. You don't have to agree 100% with the church teachings to be a member. Not making excuses for the dude, just saying there's a limit to how outraged I can be about someone when they haven't publicly acted like an asshat (that I know of). Hell, he scored some big points with me when he and Evans hit the hospitals to cheer up sick kids in costume.

If he tweets something or posts a rant about "those blacks" or whatever, then yea, dude's an asshat. Until then, if the worst they can say is "Oh, he goes to a church that doesn't like gays", that's not exactly an uncommon thing in the states, sadly.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Rhyno posted:

Ehh, sort of.

Chris Pratt goes to Zoe Church. Zoe Church is the LA branch of Hillsong an (weirdly enough) Australian Pentacostal megachurch with locations all over the world. Now Hillsong, and its founder, are anti-LGBT, but as far as I know Zoe Church isn't, or at least is smart enough to keep that poo poo deeeeeeep under wraps because it's in California and is very media-savvy. Lots of celebrities go to Zoe church, including Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber.

So Chris Pratt is probably right when he says that his church doesn't preach intolerance, but Ellen Page is right to point out that it is directly affiliated with and shares its coffers with other churches that do. But that's not meaningfully different than, say, the Catholic church, and nobody goes after catholic celebrities for their Catholicism.

In short, Star Lord is a land of contrasts.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Feb 18, 2019

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
FINALLY

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

I was browsing Ali express and found this by searching “marvel legends stand”

https://imgur.com/gallery/YP5D9xE

I’m wondering if any of you guys know where to find one of these without the branding? I love the idea of storing the extra bits and pieces in the platform but not all of my figures are marvel related

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Didn't Pratt say he asks Jesus whenever he's offered a role, and then "gets a sign" to take it or not? (That sign being a dollar sign with lots of numbers before the decimal point)

Real bummer finding out he's a religious yahoo, I've been a fan since the first season of Parks and Rec.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Pratt strikes me as a well-meaning dummy, so it wouldn’t surprise me if he was genuinely oblivious to the shittier practices of his church and only found out once Ellen Page called him on it. I have a hard time believing he himself is anti-LGBTQ just because he’s religious.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
The Toyfair news that excited me the most was these great looking Sam & Max figures. I love the Max bag puppet accessory.

https://twitter.com/bossfightstudio/status/1097113033091006465?s=21

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gann Jerrod posted:

The Toyfair news that excited me the most was these great looking Sam & Max figures. I love the Max bag puppet accessory.

https://twitter.com/bossfightstudio/status/1097113033091006465?s=21

Those look great, and together probably cost less then a digital hat of Max.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh man, those are great.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Holy poo poo, that's not something I ever would have expected to see. Sam & Max is one of my favorite comics of all time. Me and my brother chipped in together to buy a TPB collecting all the issues, sometime in the 90s, and that became the most dog-eared book in our house as we passed it back and forth, rereading it over and over for years and years. My brother met Steve Purcell at some event a couple years ago and got me a signed poster. I don't think I can pass up fancy S&M action figures.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I honestly don't remember what I paid for it. Where are you located? I can work up shipping and we can figure out a price from there.

I'm in Southern California, sounds good by the way.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Definitely getting those. I still have all the Lucasarts catalogs that came with games back then because they had Sam & Max comics in them. I also bought that Max plushie last year just to give to my kid once he's born.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

If I wanted to get a stand for the 12 inch ML Spidey, what would I wanna look for?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I honestly haven't seen any stands that can support 12" figures in anything other than standing poses (base and pillar dealies like the Hot Toys stands) that weren't some sort of crazy custom rig.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There’s flight stands for 12” figures. They usually have a big heavy base so it will support a twisty bendable stand.

Hot Toys includes them with guys who fly or are known for air poses like Spidey. You can buy them alone too but they’re like $50 or $60.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Does Target.com ship stuff out? And do they ship toys?

I think the only reasonable way for me to get those NECA 2-packs is ordering them to a pickup location just across the border. I wouldn't want to drive down and waste my time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They do both, but it depends on the item. They sometimes lost stuff as in stock but only purchasable in store or store pickup only.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just need to find a way to guarantee i'll get em. :lol:

The turtles are straight copies of the SDCC 2017 set.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This came up from nowhere, BTAS style Red Hood.

Azbats and Deathstroke are being released alongside Jason. :psyduck:

Wait, is this supposed to be Red Hood as seen through the lens of BtAS, or is it based off some Red Hood comic that Bruce Timm drew?

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Wait, is this supposed to be Red Hood as seen through the lens of BtAS, or is it based off some Red Hood comic that Bruce Timm drew?

I think it's supposed to be the former, but I'm not 100% sure. The Deathstroke in this style looks amazing.

What a great Toy Fair this year, so many great toys coming. Snake Mountain, movie He-mans, Phantom menace Obi Wan and the six inch Doctor Aphra and droids, Alex Ross Marvel Legends, Herb Trimpe Marvel Legends, Cap and Peggy 2 pack, Neca They Live aliens and Bob Ross, Mezco Moon Knight, Soul of Chogokin SPACE VOLTRON, Figuarts Vicious, all kinds of cool Transformers and I know I'm forgetting cool stuff because there was so much of it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Sooper Gila posted:

I think it's supposed to be the former, but I'm not 100% sure. The Deathstroke in this style looks amazing.

What a great Toy Fair this year, so many great toys coming. Snake Mountain, movie He-mans, Phantom menace Obi Wan and the six inch Doctor Aphra and droids, Alex Ross Marvel Legends, Herb Trimpe Marvel Legends, Cap and Peggy 2 pack, Neca They Live aliens and Bob Ross, Mezco Moon Knight, Soul of Chogokin SPACE VOLTRON, Figuarts Vicious, all kinds of cool Transformers and I know I'm forgetting cool stuff because there was so much of it.

You forgot the most important figures:

Sam and Max by Bossfight.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

The former. There's also an Armored Batman in the same style.

Fuzz posted:

You forgot the most important figures:

Sam and Max by Bossfight.

When they release and how much?
:shepspends:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My body is ready. :stwoon:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Mezco Moon Knight you say?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Where’s more invader Zim toys.

I just traded in a rare old Bond model kit to take off 75 bucks for a Dib figure that sat around and collected dust for a loving year at this comic store. Make more fuckers.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
With all the Netflix cancellations is the SDCC Iron Fist likely the only way to get the Netflix version? I wasn’t a big fan of the show but I like that look for Iron Fist.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Pretty much.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I'm bummed that the Battle Angel movie is not looking like a big hit, cause I was kinda hoping it would justify some sweet action figures. It looks like a $250 hot toy might be my only option in the end.

Also, you know, I'm a fan of the comics, and it's a passion project decades in the making, and it's a pretty dope movie, and it deserves a sequel... these are all reasons I'd like the movie to do well, but primarily I wanted more toys.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

McFarlane was lined up to do an action figure but got cold feet.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Do what I do and constantly think about buying the Gally action figure that noted figure designer Apsy Masaki did. Only goes for like double it’s msrp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I would buy a NECA figure of this without hesitation.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/the-further/3547820/kfc-enlisted-robocop-new-colonel-not-joke/