Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Bug Squash posted:

Corrosive on my Mesa Regulators, yeah? If I understand these mechanics then I'll watch anything that isn't dying instantly become an increasingly squishy lump.

The regulators have high crit, poor status chance and super high damage, so you're better off going with a crit, high damage build. You can slot corrosive, but it won't matter as much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

nerdz posted:

The regulators have high crit, poor status chance and super high damage, so you're better off going with a crit, high damage build. You can slot corrosive, but it won't matter as much

even if you slot in all the crit mods you're still going to have room for and need elementals to round out the build. I put corrosive in mine but I'm not actually sure what's "best"

in practice it doesn't matter because arcane velocity solves any problems

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

nerdz posted:

This is very wrong. Always slot an element no matter what, just don't count on a status proc.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Psion posted:

in practice it doesn't matter because arcane velocity solves any problems
Looks like I finally got to start doing tridolons, that's a juicy bonus :stare:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

That's the thing though. I think it's quite impenetrable for new players how there's a difference between damage types and status effects, but they both get called by the same element types.

The damage types are the most confusing because you have to memorise a big old table of which units use which armour/shield type, and which damage types have bonuses / handicaps when applied to that armour type, like an excessively violent game of pokemon.

For example, if you have a radiation type gun, the status effect is that it switches friendly fire on for that unit, and it does damage to its allies as well as getting shot by them.

However the damage type 'radiation' with a 0% status chance gets a +75% bonus against an eidolon's default armor type. If all 4 players have corpro, the armour is gone and suddenly the weapons damage is applied to flesh, which has a whole different set of resistances and bonuses.

Corrosive is a good all-round choice because it has few things it's weak to and a lot of common enemy types it's strong against. It also has the status effect of stripping armour, but only if the status effect procs.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Psion posted:

even if you slot in all the crit mods you're still going to have room for and need elementals to round out the build. I put corrosive in mine but I'm not actually sure what's "best"

Radiation or Gas so you can use Primed Heated Charge. :v:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Radiation or Gas so you can use Primed Heated Charge. :v:

Agreed, I use radiation with the primed mod and it slays. Radiation is a really good "all rounder" damage type, to boot, as many tougher enemies use alloy armor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And gas/tox are hero of the day during enhanced shield sorties

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I just built an ignis and with gas it just melts infested. I also slotted radiation on my Hek and even bombard go down super quick.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Here are the 3 good "all-rounder" elemental combos.

Rad/Viral
Corrosive/Cold
Gas/Electricity

If you're using a Condo-melee:

Gas/whatever
Blast/whatever

The most important thing is to never build magnetic. Magnetic is bad and sucks at everything.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i slap rad/viral on everything because im loving lazy and its effective enough for everything

clan group? viral rips them apart. pubbies? radiation hits the tough ones really hard.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

clone on the phone posted:

Over 1k hours and I thought the same!

Don’t forget the new traversal grind; hang gliders. Use updrafts to maximise airtime and exp gains!

I'm going with pirate ships.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

necrofin posted:

Here's my quick Saryn EOS guide as a 2min video that shows how you apply yourself and get thousands of kills with ease and also play EOS solo if that is your thing. I actually had an Extinguished Dragon key equipped and didn't even notice the dmg reduction. Sorry about potato quality but shadowplay capture and youtube compression don't go well hand in hand. :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhRBvQb-qYU
dat rear end doe :fap:

And the build I'm currently using (going to add more duration eventually). Keys are Regenerating Molt to regain health and Hunter Adrenaline or Rage to gain energy via taking dmg. Skill rotation is "3" Toxic Lash; always on to help spread the poison and strip armor, "1" spores; single apply on target or spam if you want, but not when with another Saryn, "2" Molt; when you need heals or distraction. "4" Miasma; you use this to wipe the map clean (just like your mama thought you in potty training), use sparingly to not kill your spore count or get it locked by Simaris (and your dmg whoring numbers :dance: ).

The video opens with you bailing my rear end out. Amazing.

(thanks for helping me level my stuff)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Corrosive is a good all-round choice because it has few things it's weak to and a lot of common enemy types it's strong against. It also has the status effect of stripping armour, but only if the status effect procs.

This is the answer. Don't have a particular reason to use a thing? Use Corrosive. Peacemaker will gib the room anyway. I don't even have alternate loadouts for it because :effort:.

necrofin
Dec 26, 2009

Sordas Volantyr posted:

The video opens with you bailing my rear end out. Amazing.

(thanks for helping me level my stuff)

Your Nidus poopoo on my Saryn was cool as hell, and you did well.. survival in EOS can be knife edge without Trin and everyone goes down occasionally it's nbd.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I also slotted radiation on my Hek and even bombard go down super quick.
Whoever forced me to buy Primed Charged Shell last time Baro had it is a genius. Crit/Radiation Vaykor Hek with primed mods is the King Hell God Emperor Shotgun of Death.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

gaj70 posted:

I'm going with pirate ships.

The new overworld map will be underwater with some islands so you can sail around in your pirate ship, manned by a cute seafaring race that you have to go around and recruit by rep grinding. Sharkwing will also be involved because it can’t all be good news.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Corrosive/cold is my go-to combo for everything up to and including Sortie3 content. It gets various bonuses against pretty much everything but infested, and they have such low HP it doesn't really matter. You can make an argument for corrosive/fire against infested if you really want, but it's a pain to switch out between missions.
Rad/Vir takes over in super high level content or premades with 4xCP, since rad does useful things like disable ancient healing/resist auras, and vir cuts massive HP pools in half.

Certain weapons can get away with just one combined element (like crit automatics using vir with hunter munitions) but for the most part you want to have a couple of types to round out your dps. Except magnetic. Magnetic is garbage.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

And Tyler Too! posted:

Gas/whatever
Blast/whatever

Are you saying use the first three for ranged weapons and these two for melee?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

mentalcontempt posted:

It's for a very specific build that uses a mod called Condition Overload. It geometrically increases damage for each active status effect on an enemy. One of the recommended statuses, blast counts as two statuses so it ramps up more damage. If you're not running condition overload the same primary/secondary suggestions apply for melee

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

mentalcontempt posted:

The first 3 are for all weapons, the bottom 2 are for condition-overload melee weapons.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

What're some zaw setups people like?

After leveling a nikana-based one (Sepfahn/Kwath/Ruhang II), gilding it, and leveling it again, I decided I dislike it, but I DO like building frankenswords, so I'm keen to hear what everyone's using.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Yeah I have no idea how to build a ‘good’ zaw.

Like there are a bunch of two handed parts that all seem pretty similar from their descriptions and I’ll be damned if I’m gonna try them all out.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 20, 2019

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

All of the grips except for Peye (1h) and Seekalla (2h) are garbage poo poo that gives you lousy swing speed. For links use anything that incorporates Jai or Jai 2 (attackspeed), balance crit/status to taste.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Generally speaking, the trick to building zaws is fastest grip (Peye/Seekalla) + Ekwana Jai II.

The resulting stat spread is viable for both Blood Rush and Condition Overload builds (or a hybrid of the two if you want to get really silly).

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

clone on the phone posted:

Yeah I have no idea how to build a ‘good’ zaw.

A big slow Maiming Strike stick and a slide macro. This may (very likely will) change soon to not be so dumb.

Edit: Do not actually do this. Wait for changes and worry about stuff then.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 20, 2019

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I'm guessing Plaguestar should be back in the near future, so grab a Plague Kripath when it does. Pop it on a seekala and be the pretty, space princess ninja lawnmower that you know want to be.

Who's the goon with one called Dad Toucher? Jealous of that name.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Elissimpark posted:

That's Factory Factory, and it's indeed a glorious Zaw.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I run Radiation on my Peacemakers, personally. Strong against most things that one would find annoying and everything else dies almost instantly anyway.

Also Arcane Velocity is cheap for a rarer Arcane, 100-120 for a set. Shame Precision doesn't work with Peacemaker. Not enough headshots and I've never noticed a damage buff when I do.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
Corpo all the way man.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Echophonic posted:

I run Radiation on my Peacemakers, personally. Strong against most things that one would find annoying and everything else dies almost instantly anyway.

Also Arcane Velocity is cheap for a rarer Arcane, 100-120 for a set. Shame Precision doesn't work with Peacemaker. Not enough headshots and I've never noticed a damage buff when I do.

Mesa always aims for center mass, she's more likely to get nutshots than headers

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I bought a booster after some relics dropped a few 50+p parts on me. :shepface:

I should be using it to get cryo, fish and gems and other stuff but really....

i know my true priorities

Biz better get some more space in his space-zoo for the next 3 days...

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 20, 2019

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

And Tyler Too! posted:

Here are the 3 good "all-rounder" elemental combos.

Rad/Viral
Corrosive/Cold
Gas/Electricity

Gas/whatever
Blast/whatever

The most important thing is to never build magnetic. Magnetic is bad and sucks at everything.

Saving this for later. I was reading somewhere magnetic was good against shields, and built some magnetic configs for use against Corpus. I have noticed it royally sucks for everything else when I forgot to switch configs. Are those all-rounders equally good against each enemy type (grineer / corpus / infested) or do some work better than others.

Also, which should I go for first, a zaw or a kitgun?

I tried a couple of hours of Anthem and holy new Bioware Batman, "unfinished" is the one word I would describe that game.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I use magnetic for Corpus because it wrecks shields. But I also take a blast or corrosive secondary along for bursas.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Mesa always aims for center mass, she's more likely to get nutshots than headers

Yep, you do occasionally get it triggered on Moas and Chargers, but that's about it. I'm honestly not sure if the buff even applies.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

I didn't know magnetic was a thing.

I always knew about heat, toxic, infection, ice, electricity etc. I'm just now hearing about this.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Elissimpark posted:

My wife wants to know what kind of Zaw gets called Dad Toucher.

I have a handheld plague sickle called Lenin, spreading glorious status based communism to the unwashed masses (grineer).

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Honestly, if Magnetic procs just disabled non-Boss enemy powers and abilities (ex. Commander Teleports, Comba fields, Infested Osprey gas clouds on charge attacks) for a few seconds or made them much less likely to be used for longer periods, it'd be an entirely reasonable element. But it doesn't. It just weakens Shields and only Shields. While utterly wrecking Tenno with HUD distortion and energy drain.

Also, my two polearm Zaws are GRATE PRIME and MOONLIGHT THRESHCONE.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fruity20 posted:

I didn't know magnetic was a thing.

I always knew about heat, toxic, infection, ice, electricity etc. I'm just now hearing about this.
I'm pretty sure every combination of two elements has an associated combo element.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Zereth posted:

I'm pretty sure every combination of two elements has an associated combo element.

is there anything in warframe i barely heard about?