Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Got the bad ending. Watched the good one on Youtube. Prefer the bad ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
They're all good endings Bront.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kibayasu posted:

So at the end of the Volga there’s a locked door just before you end the area by going into the preacher’s room. Did anybody find a key for that? I’m already past it so kind of pointless but google doesn’t seem to know yet and putting something right at the end is way too curious to ignore.

Guards pop out of those rooms if you trigger an alert I believe.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

Guards pop out of those rooms if you trigger an alert I believe.

They shouldn’t have used the same door as the one in the terminal then :argh:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Disposable Scud posted:

Got the bad ending. Watched the good one on Youtube. Prefer the bad ending.

There is a bad ending? In spoilers, mind telling us how you got it?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Not only is the input lag on the Xbonx horrendous, it's also crashing all the time. A huge disappointment after 2033 and Last Light, so far.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Back Hack posted:

There is a bad ending? In spoilers, mind telling us how you got it?

I killed the guy begging to be shot in the fish base, ended up getting Duke killed, killed every bandit that surrendered

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

So during or after Taiga is it possible to get your night vision goggles back after losing them?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

So during or after Taiga is it possible to get your night vision goggles back after losing them?

during taiga you can find another pair in a basement of one of the early houses. i think its the ones before you run into the pirates?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is it just me or are the NVG kind of useless? I have effectively used them once or twice but it feels like they get blown out if you see the light of a torch reflecting off some broken glass down a long hallways

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is it just me or are the NVG kind of useless? I have effectively used them once or twice but it feels like they get blown out if you see the light of a torch reflecting off some broken glass down a long hallways

You can turn them on or off by hitting the flashlight button, when I figured that out, I went from never using them to never taking them off.

E: I found a thermal upgrade for them, but I'm not sure how to turn that on.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

CuddleCryptid posted:

The ideal brightness settings are so dark during the night you need your flashlight on or it is just like you turned your monitor off. The NVG are for that gamma setting as well. So yes they are worthless if you like seeing at night.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

They can be pretty useful for stealthing some bandits but in general they are worse than useless because you can't even look at your map with them on. A problem I had stealthing with them is that it can be really hard to judge the ambient light though so that is kind of a bad too.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 19, 2019

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Back Hack posted:

Yeah I tried figuring out the difference but there appears to be none or it's super secret how it works. I haven't tried it with the IR laser though.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Back Hack posted:

You can turn them on or off by hitting the flashlight button, when I figured that out, I went from never using them to never taking them off.

i have a feeling the thermal upgrade doesn't actually work.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Those blind gorilla things are really creepy at the end. Are they meant to by psychic? You can hear their thoughts when they smell you. “Tasty smell” etc. Creepy fuckers.

Gunder fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 20, 2019

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Put that in spoiler, dude!

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Gunder posted:

Those blind gorilla things are really creepy at the end. Are they meant to by psychic? You can hear their thoughts when they smell you. “Tasty smell” etc. Creepy fuckers.

Yes they are. They're like a cross between the Dark Ones and Librarians from the earlier games.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Klisejo posted:

Yes they are. They're like a cross between the Dark Ones and Librarians from the earlier games.

Another interesting thing about that, there are Dark Ones are following Artyom on his journey. Several times I saw something humanoid throughout the game sitting on roofs and other places watching me, but whenever I'd look at them directly they'd disappear. Thought they were graphics glitches at first, because let's be honest here the game has plenty of those at the moment, but I soon realized what they were on my third time seeing them.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 20, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Back Hack posted:

Another interesting thing about that, there are Dark Ones are following Artyom on his journey. Several times I saw something humanoid throughout the game sitting on roofs and other places watching me, but whenever I'd look at them directly they'd disappear. Thought they were graphics glitches at first, because let's be honest here the game has plenty of those at the moment, but I soon realized what they were on my third time seeing them.

I probably shouldn't have read this spoiler but this is really loving cool.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why the hell does the game lock up the passenger car after you set off In Caspian? Been here an hour and still haven't found a safe house, and my prime workbench is right there but I can't use it because of reasons unknown. meanwhile I'm out of ammo and my guns are filthy cause theres a manimal every 3 feet.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

veni veni veni posted:

Why the hell does the game lock up the passenger car after you set off In Caspian? Been here an hour and still haven't found a safe house, and my prime workbench is right there but I can't use it because of reasons unknown. meanwhile I'm out of ammo and my guns are filthy cause theres a manimal every 3 feet.

Try poking around in the building next to your train.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:doh: I looked in there before it was converted into a living space and never checked back.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I need to upgrade my graphics card - well, not NEED, but WANT. I'm currently running a GeForce GTX 970 and I've been thinking of getting an RTX card.

I was gonna wait for a while, but then I saw that Exodus looks seriously good with an RTX card. Now I'm overly tempted again.

I know eVGA has cards bundled with BF5 and Anthem, but does anyone know if there's any cards that are bundled with Exodus? Or any plans to? I assume eventually it'll happen, just wondering if there's any bundles I haven't seen yet.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sometimes a bunch of flipcards pop up at the bottom right and say "000000000". What does that mean?

How does the health system work? It's hard to tell with no display. Do I slowly regenerate over time, or only recover if I use a medkit?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

The Lone Badger posted:

Sometimes a bunch of flipcards pop up at the bottom right and say "000000000". What does that mean?

How does the health system work? It's hard to tell with no display. Do I slowly regenerate over time, or only recover if I use a medkit?

The numbers in the flipcard represent the ingame distance traveled (story only, not actual walked), the thing itself is a save indicator. So when you see it, game has been saved.

Health recovers a slight amount, but not completely. And you can still die from single hits depending on your armor and the enemies weapon. The corners of your screen get a constant blood effect if you're not at 100%. There are I think 2 different visuals for the amount of damage. If your screen corners are fine, then you don't need to heal.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

But if they're red and and I'm in no danger, will I heal if I wait long enough or should I just go ahead and use medicine?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

The Lone Badger posted:

But if they're red and and I'm in no danger, will I heal if I wait long enough or should I just go ahead and use medicine?

No you won't recover from that and would need to heal. Although except you might die faster, there is no real negative effect from being wounded. You can also sleep instead.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

All through my playthrough, I was swapping filters as soon as the one-minute warning beeped on my watch. Should I have waited for the timer to decrease to zero instead? Was I waisting filters? I was playing on normal, and following that rule, I never felt short of filters, but I couldn't help but wonder if I was making a mistake.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Only the original Metro was more punishing if you wasted that last minute. Last Light and Exodus give enough room when using the filters too early.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

The game trains you to swap filters at the minute mark each time by showing the tooltip to swap filters when the warning sounds. I suppose it would be weird if following this instruction hosed you over in the long run. I think the confusion for me was wondering exactly how the game measures filter lifespan, as in your backpack screen it lists total filter lifespan, instead of the number of individual filters remaining. I guess I was wondering if swapping early really did make you lose a full minute of duration, or if it simply adds that remaining duration onto the lifespan of your next "individual" filter. I never got low enough on filters to really test this.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Good question. I did run out of filters once, but also ever only looked at the overall time at the crafting bench.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

haldolium posted:

No you won't recover from that and would need to heal. Although except you might die faster, there is no real negative effect from being wounded. You can also sleep instead.

Sleeping causes an unskippable fast forward, which can last quite a while if you do it at say, night and want to stay in night. If you drink from the canteen it heals you, but not until the animation is over. Takes a bit for.the red to fade away.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

haldolium posted:

If you are a scrub playing on easy, you seem to heal rapidly out of combat.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Got a weird glitch. I fed some corpses to the Tsar Fish and didn't kill any of His followers, but He will still eat me when i'm on my boat or in the water.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think the fish just acts strange sometimes.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
what a strange trick

Noirex
May 30, 2006

That last map is such a master craft of atmosphere, sound and tension. Wasn't really a fan of the desert map since it didn't feel very 'Metro' like, but what a way to end the game. Well worth the full price imo.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
The way that the Giantbomb crew spoke about Red Dead 2 is the way I feel about this game. I was fully involved in the world in this game, it was so well done.

In fact, I just bought an rtx 2080ti to play through again on hardcore with ray tracing on ultra at 1440p. I can't wait. This was seriously an amazing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Noirex posted:

That last map is such a master craft of atmosphere, sound and tension. Wasn't really a fan of the desert map since it didn't feel very 'Metro' like, but what a way to end the game. Well worth the full price imo.

The spoiled map is where I am right now and eugh.

Tyrant with a focus on cars and gasoline in the middle of the desert? Sounds slightly familiar.