Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wwe's done this before, with charlotte, neville, zayn, bayley, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wwe's done this before, with charlotte, neville, zayn, bayley, etc

Most of whom (with the exception of Bayley paying off a "surprise partner" angle on PPV) got ice-cold reactions and didn't draw new interest to NXT. I don't know why they keep doing this when it clearly doesn't work.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Benne posted:

Most of whom (with the exception of Bayley paying off a "surprise partner" angle on PPV) got ice-cold reactions and didn't draw new interest to NXT. I don't know why they keep doing this when it clearly doesn't work.

jobbing them out each time didnt help

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f0Fp2WphG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDNPw06YzwY

hmmm. Ice cold

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Best part of the Zayn one is that you can isolate the frame where he hosed his shoulder up mugging for the crowd.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Best part of the Zayn one is that you can isolate the frame where he hosed his shoulder up mugging for the crowd.

I don't know, I think that summed up his time on the main roster pretty accurately

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Man... NXT looks dire right now.

Lets all just assume that those four will wrap up their time in NXT with whatever the Wrestlemania Takeover is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Astro7x posted:

Man... NXT looks dire right now.

Lets all just assume that those four will wrap up their time in NXT with whatever the Wrestlemania Takeover is.

Or let's not, because that's probably not what's happening.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, dang, however will they fill one hour of TV per week with the incredibly loaded roster they have?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave was told Nia and Tamina vs. Sasha and Bayley for the Tag Titles is on for Fastlane, and also speculated that Revival/DIY for the titles would be too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So I guess the surprise turn last night was Ciampa's ankle

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

IcePhoenix posted:

So I guess the surprise turn last night was Ciampa's ankle

That hurt to watch.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The big NXT announcement is likely a singles tournament heading into Wrestlemania.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bleacher Report guy
https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status/1097991241990590464

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

KO(fi)mania 4 BAYBEE

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Give Kofi the title and have Bryan and Owens have a half hour grudge match. Then Kofi faces... Joe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Babyface KO is at least something new. And Owens didn't really debut until Bryan's first big absence (the one BEFORE the retirement) so they haven't interacted much.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

this is really awesome and yay if KO comes back and yay for this feud but god drat gently caress DAMMIT if they don't do a Kofi/Bryan high-stakes Mania match, like career v title.

will WWE ever actually strike when the iron is hot?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GrimGypsy posted:

this is really awesome and yay if KO comes back and yay for this feud but god drat gently caress DAMMIT if they don't do a Kofi/Bryan high-stakes Mania match, like career v title.

will WWE ever actually strike when the iron is hot?

BECAUSE OF THE PLAN.

The plan that... um... they apparently didn't have as of Sunday?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

This is honestly good because nobody exemplifies consumption like Kevin Owens

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

Because of his copious amounts of zoo merchandise, you mean?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Midnightghoul posted:

suddenly him eating in every return promo makes sense.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Meltzer called it earlier in the week due to their contrasting characters.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
While I want Kofimania as much as any of you guys, KO/Bryan sets up my fantasy booking of Sami betraying KO and forming the Green Day with Bryan and Rowan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eh, it's not as good storywise as Kofi, but it's easily the next best option. And probably better in-ring.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
kofimania will be in 2020 after he finally wins the royal rumble qhen someone else does the Kofi spot and he eliminates them to win

assuming Vince doesnt forget or change his mind

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Kevin Owens rules, that plan would please me

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KO is 100x a better choice than AJ for the 3rd time or god forbid, Randy Orton, though still not as good as Samoa Joe or the obvious Kofi runback they'll waste at Fastlane

I'll look forward to the new Smackdown Six of AJ/Bryan/Samoa Joe/KO/Mustafa Ali/hopefully Aleister Black, though

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I find it extremely funny that people have already declared that a loving potential Kevin Owens/Daniel Bryan wrestlemania match will be terrible due to KOFI TRAIN

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Midnightghoul posted:

I find it extremely funny that people have already declared that a loving potential Kevin Owens/Daniel Bryan wrestlemania match will be terrible due to KOFI TRAIN

I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to quote the post where anybody said anything even in that ballpark.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and ask you to quote the post where anybody said anything even in that ballpark.

Didn't say it was people here, I can 100% see that being the case on some shithole like wreddit

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
The match will be bad, but not because of Kofi

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Chris James 2 posted:

Didn't say it was people here, I can 100% see that being the case on some shithole like wreddit

It's in the comments of the tweet itself too, and all over other website tweets about it. Didn't realize people hated Kevin so much

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Midnightghoul posted:

It's in the comments of the tweet itself too, and all over other website tweets about it. Didn't realize people hated Kevin so much

Well there's your problem, never read anything except this dead gay comedy website.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

VJeff posted:

Well there's your problem, never read anything except this dead gay comedy website.

This is pretty much the only wrestlechat I bother to read. Cageside Seats occasionally, but this seems to be the most reasonable place to get information.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mrjacobcohen/status/1098369395951321088

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dusty Classic Bracket

Moustache Mountain vs Street Profits
Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch vs Forgotten Sons

DIY vs Undisputed Era
Aleister Black and Ricochet vs Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DIY Vs. UE seems crazy for a first round match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Gotta be DIY vs Moustache Mountain in the finals, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Gargano stole his title from Velveteen so expect some shenanigans