Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

vanisher posted:

Wait condiments expire

literally the first bottle i grabbed out of the fridge

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Manifisto posted:

best of luck, I'm glad you have mustard the courage to tackle this important problem

Yeah, there is a lot of cleaning to catch up on in the kitchen!

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

blaise rascal posted:

I don’t understand. why would you wash out a condiment bottle

Because I will be recycling them, and thus I need to remove food residue.

vanisher

'Best when used' just means its only gonna be "good" after that date not "best"

FluffieDuckie

vanisher posted:

'Best when used' just means its only gonna be "good" after that date not "best"

you might be my husband

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

MockingQuantum

vanisher posted:

Wait condiments expire

tbh so many condiments have enough salt or vinegar or another acid in them that their expiration date should really just be a half-hearted shrug emoji

thank you luvcow for the sig

Manifisto

MockingQuantum posted:

tbh so many condiments have enough salt or vinegar or another acid in them that their expiration date should really just be a half-hearted shrug emoji

the person in charge of determining condiment expiration dates at the company keeps putting "never" in his reports and a harried associate in the legal department keeps whiting it out and putting in a year or two

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

if there's currently no superhero who got their powers from eating expired condiments I have a multibillion dollar franchise to pitch to marvel

MockingQuantum

Manifisto posted:

the person in charge of determining condiment expiration dates at the company keeps putting "never" in his reports and a harried associate in the legal department keeps whiting it out and putting in a year or two

seen on a jar of honey:

"BEST BY: FOREVER. I CAN'T SAY FOREVER? OKAY, WHEN IS YOUR 75TH BIRTHDAY? THAT'LL WORK"

vanisher

condoman is either a depressed single dad living in a condo or a guy who always wears protection

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

Manifisto posted:

if there's currently no superhero who got their powers from eating expired condiments I have a multibillion dollar franchise to pitch to marvel

Wasn't that kind of a Boy and his Blob?

Why hasn't anyone remade that game yet?

vanisher

glowing-fish posted:

I have memories of throwing a bean and missing the blob then getting upset

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

vanisher posted:

I have memories of throwing a bean and missing the blob then getting upset

Goon project: Remake Boy and His Blob.

Or Demake it. Boy and his Blob text adventure game.

vanisher

glowing-fish posted:

Goon project: Remake Boy and His Blob.

Or Demake it. Boy and his Blob text adventure game.

Boy and his blob CYOA

MockingQuantum

glowing-fish posted:

There was a remake that came out for the Wii but it didn't capture the absolutely bizarre feeling of the original

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

best of luck, I'm glad you have mustard the courage to tackle this important problem

at the rate they're buying condiments it will be hard for her to ketchup

ty manifisto

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I wouldn't relish taking on such a task.

vanisher

Boy and his BYOB

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

at the rate they're buying condiments it will be hard for her to ketchup

we all worcestershire force of will could be enough to prevail

ty nesamdoom!

Jaded Burnout

If my marmite can go off then your suspiciously brown burger sauce certainly can

Jaded Burnout

Manifisto posted:

we all worcestershire force of will could be enough to prevail

I cannot cosign this, it makes no sense when pronounced correctly

Manifisto

Jaded Burnout posted:

limey trap: sprung

Jaded Burnout

this is like how they figured out the pronunciation of Early Modern English words from puns in Shakespeare plays

Manifisto

hey yobbers, I don't know if anyone here is familiar with austin tx . . . my brother and I will be there for a few days at the end of march (well after sxsw). any suggestions or recommendations? could be food, music, culture, oddities, whatever. we would like to do a bit of walking/hiking, not necessarily extended treks but if there's stuff worth seeing that's a reasonable drive from the city we'd consider it!

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

hey yobbers, I don't know if anyone here is familiar with austin tx . . . my brother and I will be there for a few days at the end of march (well after sxsw). any suggestions or recommendations? could be food, music, culture, oddities, whatever. we would like to do a bit of walking/hiking, not necessarily extended treks but if there's stuff worth seeing that's a reasonable drive from the city we'd consider it!

Austin you say... yu should try smashing beer cans on your foreheads, and that's the bottom line

ty manifisto

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

alnilam posted:

try smashing beer cans on your foreheads

Do or do not, there is no try.

Ooooh, looks like Star Trek thread is leaking.

sb hermit

Manifisto posted:

get in-n-out and report back

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Manifisto posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sb hermit

FluffieDuckie posted:

you might be my husband

I had a roommate whose policy on expired condiments and dry ingredients is “just sniff it”

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Jaded Burnout posted:

"wooster"?

sb hermit

none of the spices in my spice shelf are marked with any dates or whatever

how old is this cumin anyway and what did I use it for besides chili that one time?

Jaded Burnout

Hogge Wild posted:

"wooster"?

woostersher, or maybe werstersher depending on where you're from

BoldFrankensteinMir

I like saurkraut and kimchi and wheat beers because they all come with a "best after" date.

Oh dear, I just doxed my entire fridge...

Bluedeanie

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

waluigi sauce

Goons Are Gifts

How do fridges work?

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

How do fridges work?

after the singularity, voluntarily if at all

quote:

Chill is a Choice

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Clearly what we need is the panoptifridge. Never miss an expiring Heinz 57 bottle (or an incriminating eye twitch) again!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Goons Are Great posted:

How do fridges work?

i had been meaning to ask where your av was from, but then i happened to watch the rick and morty episode today

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Manifisto posted:

Literary rarities: The Harry Ransom Center at UT Austin. https://www.hrc.utexas.edu/
Parks: Mayfield Park is an interesting place with unusual flora and fauna.
Miscellaneous strange stuff for sale: https://www.uncommonobjects.com/
Bats: The Congress Ave. bridge bat colony, assuming they are awake and active by late March.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Hogge Wild posted:

i had been meaning to ask where your av was from, but then i happened to watch the rick and morty episode today

Yeah it's good old Bebo. In my mind he's a fine and good.