Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kurtofan posted:

https://twitter.com/F_BACHELIER/status/1094244999439544320

cool macron MP talking about how the guy who lost his hand actually deserved it

"he was black block (antifa) not a peaceful protester, he only lost two fingers not the whole hand, he was attacking the national assembly"

Black bloc are cool as hell and I hope the guy still has his thumb so he can operate the guillotine on that reprehensible little liberal shithead MP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Flowers For Algeria posted:

So another fellow got his hand blown off today in front of the Assemblée Nationale

I feel like poo poo that I'm not marching today. My companion is really scared (she went to the demonstration on tuesday and got frightened by a crs charge) and she really really doesn't want me to go, but I feel like poo poo.

Someone please insult a cop for me today. Please.

I wasn’t far from that poor chap when it happened and I can tell you: don’t worry, we gave them hell. I’d have been scared for my life if I’d been wearing a uniform at that moment. They were like 10 stormtroopers vs an angry mob throwing bottles and wooden planks.

It was a really awesome day, the cops had no idea how to contain such a large crowd once we decided to go off the official path and do some « off-roading ». Not a single ATM or bank office was left intact in our wake. :ninja: That’s not an exaggeration, people were really freaking mad and cheering at the black blocs breaking poo poo down, singing anti capitalist slogans every time a bank office was vandalized.

We managed to steer the crowd toward Champs de Mars and Trocadéro with a couple of friends which completely hosed any chance the cops might have had to contain us. I had to leave there but it felt really good being a part of this. Lol at the media for selling their usual narrative of “this thing is losing steam, please look at these beautiful campaign meetings Macron is doing”.

Mood:

https://twitter.com/tiger_sushi/status/1094398338819129346?s=21

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

thanks for being there!

say, fellow french activists, if you’re interested in non-violent direct action and getting involved in environmental activism, a french offshoot of british group "extinction rebellion" has sprung up some months ago and seems to be gaining some momentum. check it out if you want! local chapters are starting to get organized, with local actions starting on march 26th.

there’s a website with a pretty solid forum. the next meeting of the ile de france local group is on monday 18th, pm me for more info if you’re curious (don’t bother if you’re a cop)

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Once again the French shows Europe the way :france:

By the way, what is going on with the police raid on Mediapart? How has the other papers reacted? How is l'affaire Benalla going?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
funny you should ask
https://twitter.com/marineturchi/status/1094981849137532930

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. Just got out of the hospital, a friend of mine got his shoulder blade busted by an LBD this afternoon. Mother Fuckers how is any of this legal?!

Next time we face cops it won’t be freaking yellow paint dripping from their helmets.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Tell him the C-SPAM is rooting for him!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. Just got out of the hospital, a friend of mine got his shoulder blade busted by an LBD this afternoon. Mother Fuckers how is any of this legal?!

Next time we face cops it won’t be freaking yellow paint dripping from their helmets.

Sorry to hear that and hope your friend recovers. As to why it's legal "something something monopoly on violence".

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

gently caress, how bad is it?

at this point their violence clearly feels like they just want to intimidate us (and it’s working, my companion doesn’t want me to go anymore) so i’m thankful y’all aren’t backing down

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Sassy Sasquatch, who the hell is Christophe Chalençon, exactly? Also:

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Any way we can support you guys, financially or otherwise?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Not like Referendum's have historically blown up in peoples faces. Especially recently or anything....

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Crowsbeak posted:

Not like Referendum's have historically blown up in peoples faces. Especially recently or anything....

Jupiterian brain genius Maxron will craft the best referendum

He knows all the correct words

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I mean, judging by the polls and stuff they've written thus far it's going to be a referendum on whether you need to give the rich ALL the money, or just 99.9% of the money.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do frexit you cowards!!!!

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Boatswain posted:

Tell him the C-SPAM is rooting for him!

"What's CSPAM ?"

Flowers For Algeria posted:

gently caress, how bad is it?

at this point their violence clearly feels like they just want to intimidate us (and it’s working, my companion doesn’t want me to go anymore) so i’m thankful y’all aren’t backing down

Minor fracture, but he's going to be unable to move his arm too much while it heals. (and he's going to sleep really well I assume!) And you're completely right about the intimidation tactics. For some dumb reason (my feet really hurt from walking and running all Saturday) I decided to pass a police checkpoint this Sunday rather than take a detour. They noticed my reinforced cap and started giving me poo poo about being some sort of criminal. I know I shouldn't have made that joke about cops playing whack-a-mole with us but my patience with them is running thin. That's when they threatened to take me to the station (meh) and escalated that to swatting me at 6 in the morning if I kept the attitude. (like, what :stare:) Guess I'll walk more next time.

hackbunny posted:

Sassy Sasquatch, who the hell is Christophe Chalençon, exactly? Also:
Any way we can support you guys, financially or otherwise?

I have no idea who he is but he's got some interesting ideas. (he's going to end up in prison in less than a month is my guess)
Personally I don't have any financial issues but if anyone here wants to support the people who fell victim to police brutality Eric Drouet set up a Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8bbQIfZxKg?fbclid=IwAR3EukCKoRZXnz8s8rirjF9ZXEbDJL5T0QHyVT51gzMtTepvkK9rZxLQ3fo

Please note that although the guy seems honest I have no guarantee whatsoever on how this money will be used.

Taintrunner posted:

do frexit you cowards!!!!

We probably would but Macron is never putting that in his referendum because he knows he would lose. He even said so on television.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

« Tant que vous me confisquez pas ma weed » is my go-to joke when they start rummaging in my bag

but yeah they’re assholes

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
Other than here on C-SPAM, where is a good place to follow the protests in the news (in English)?

The articles I'm finding, even on leftist news aggregators like PopularResistance.org, are often still corporate and say "the French people are tired of these upstart protesters and just want to get back to lives of neoliberal debt servitude," etc, which from what I read here obviously isn't true.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

"What's CSPAM ?"

Extremely online Maoist radicalisation chamber.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Minor fracture, but he's going to be unable to move his arm too much while it heals.

gently caress the cops!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Christoph posted:

Other than here on C-SPAM, where is a good place to follow the protests in the news (in English)?

Twitter is 100% the best place for an english speaking layman to follow along, after that it's the imageboards simply because they aggregate the evidence of the police brutality.

Don't look for any articles expecting The Real Scoop!, just get as much direct information you can.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I'm sorry to hear

gently caress those bastards

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Any news from the protests?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I have no idea who he is but he's got some interesting ideas. (he's going to end up in prison in less than a month is my guess)

I was asking because he met with one of our :italy: vice-PMs (causing a diplomatic incident lol), but outside of that, I can hardly find mention of him anywhere. He said that he has paramilitaries ready to overthrow the French government which I'm not sure if it sounds more like:
  • complete bullshit, or
  • a way to discredit the movement as crazy, or
  • a way to discredit the movement as dangerous
Either way, the press hasn't picked it up - the standard line, if you can believe it, is still that you guys are "protesting fuel taxes"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
great, macron just said anti-zionism is to be considered antisemitism.

https://twitter.com/franceinfo/status/1098321678969520130

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurtofan posted:

leader of the free world (except palestinians, who are dirty and must be kept in a cage)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Kurtofan posted:

Ffs

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/s_assbague/status/1098324335104790528

same speech, says he's going after BDS and anti-Israel boycotts

talks about the threat of islamism in the hood, and the need for a republican conquest there

gave that speech to the CRIF, kinda the equivalent to AIPAC

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
thank god we didnt vote for the fascist

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
it sucks that now we live in a world where the last protection these neoliberal vampires have is that they are not antisemitic

you basically do nazi poo poo all day but now you just want to slowly genocide africans like Bill Gates with his obsession with African population control or everyone in europe with muslims

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
When he says republican he means the republic of France, not american republicans, i hope

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the very concerned about antisemitism president also gave hommage to Pétain

https://twitter.com/Alouicerlia/status/1098332898485243916

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

My French is a little rusty but why is a submarine delivering anti semitism

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Reality Winter posted:

whered you get the submarine part

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Sous-marin

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
oh right i see, that's a figure of speech, it means "surreptitiously", as in "they pretend to care about human rights but really it's a just a way to hate on Jews"

i didnt listen to the full speech , my blood pressure you see

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
those crafty antisemites, denouncing human rights abuses

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Guessing "sous-marin", with the idiomatic meaning Kurtofan gave above, should be read as "low-key"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SKULL.GIF posted:

Guessing "sous-marin", with the idiomatic meaning Kurtofan gave above, should be read as "low-key"

Exactly.

Jeopardizer
Nov 10, 2016

Reality Winter posted:

Read it as low-key/on the down-low :

"he is low-key making some forms of anti-semitism more acceptable than others"

i.e. : glorifying the leader of a Regime that went above and beyond Nazi Germany expectations in killing jews = it's ok because it's nationalistic and fascist, not just anti-semitism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jeopardizer posted:

Read it as low-key/on the down-low :

"he is low-key making some forms of anti-semitism more acceptable than others"

i.e. : glorifying the leader of a Regime that went above and beyond Nazi Germany expectations in killing jews = it's ok because it's nationalistic and fascist, not just anti-semitism.

yeah, sorry I forgot what the tweet above said