Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lambert posted:

How about you react to the actual meat of the posting instead of taking the coward's way out.

what meat? you told me about a missed sales goal and drew no conclusions from it. do you think having a hardware bump in the initial release in 2017 would have made a difference in its momentum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Last Chance posted:

what meat? you told me about a missed sales goal and drew no conclusions from it. do you think having a hardware bump in the initial release in 2017 would have made a difference in its momentum?

What does that have to do with anything?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lambert posted:

What does that have to do with anything?

i'm just trying to guess wtf you're talking about based on our ongoing "discussion" here. i'm not going to hold you r hand and read our previous posts back to you now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
console warriors are a relic of a bygone era

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SRQ posted:

The Gamecube was absolute cutting edge at release though, I think Nintendo only started that after it failed.

it did? i loved mine and got plenty of use out of it

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I'm dyin

Mods rewrite every post in this thread with this please

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

SRQ posted:

The Gamecube was absolute cutting edge at release though, I think Nintendo only started that after it failed.

lol no

the gamecube (and wii) had a late-90s fixed-function gpu when it launched in 2001, months after nvidia had been shipping the geforce 3 with programmable shaders. it launched in the us around the same time as the original xbox

orange sky
May 7, 2007

lmao Microsoft upgraded to teams without checking compatibility for a ton of their devices

This is all so Microsoft, including teams fighting with each other :D

https://twitter.com/adhall_msft/status/1095064716815196161?s=19

https://twitter.com/NerdPyle/status/1097966325375193088?s=19

https://twitter.com/NerdPyle/status/1098039431519322114?s=19

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
minor annoyance compared with msit loving your device up with a beta update.

eggs get broken. omelettes get made. idiots who talk poo poo about their employer non-anonymously on social media get managed out.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The_Franz posted:

lol no

the gamecube (and wii) had a late-90s fixed-function gpu when it launched in 2001, months after nvidia had been shipping the geforce 3 with programmable shaders. it launched in the us around the same time as the original xbox

right but unlike the xbox it had good games

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

orange sky posted:

lmao Microsoft upgraded to teams without checking compatibility for a ton of their devices

This is all so Microsoft, including teams fighting with each other :D

https://twitter.com/adhall_msft/status/1095064716815196161?s=19

https://twitter.com/NerdPyle/status/1097966325375193088?s=19

https://twitter.com/NerdPyle/status/1098039431519322114?s=19

Microsoft didn't turn off skype, that dudes company did. also Microsoft doesn't make polycom phones so idk what ur on about

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Both Ned Pyle and Adam Hall work for Microsoft

orange sky
May 7, 2007

There's so much gold in that thread
https://twitter.com/SteveSyfuhs/status/1098040120400175104
https://twitter.com/CarmenCrincoli/status/1098040923450003457

By the way, it's ALL msft employees

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

Shaggar posted:

Microsoft didn't turn off skype, that dudes company did. also Microsoft doesn't make polycom phones so idk what ur on about

orgs in microsoft are being migrated to teams. years ago, some employees were given polycom phones for use with skype for business. those phones now no longer work, and the employees will have to do what they should have done long ago and ask their admin for a headset.

orange sky posted:

By the way, it's ALL msft employees

orgs have been migrating to it for months.

Fiedler fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 20, 2019

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Yeah, and honestly I'd rather have these guys that talk it out on Twitter and joke with each other than the probable alternative, passive aggressive e-mails with 40 cc's for 5 months that go nowhere.

Ned is a pretty good follow on Twitter, and I've actually met Adam Hall personally, and they're a much more open bunch than what I was used to at Microsoft

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines posted:

console warriors are a relic of a bygone era

quick reminder: do not slander nintendo gaming products with the slur "console"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
free stymie

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost
Wait so is the switch not incredibly successful? I thought it was going to bomb as the pointless island between a Gameboy and a console, but it seems like everyone is getting one, albeit for like one game out of three

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Nanpa posted:

Wait so is the switch not incredibly successful? I thought it was going to bomb as the pointless island between a Gameboy and a console, but it seems like everyone is getting one, albeit for like one game out of three

It's pretty successful, but it remains to be seen whether it can keep up the pace. So far, it looks like demand is slowing down significantly. There's also a new model/revision rumored later this year

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ars summarized the sales pretty well: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/01/putting-switchs-32-million-shipments-in-context/

seems to be doing good, and i certainly enjoy mine

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
remember when the ipad was going to bomb as the pointless island between an iphone and a laptop

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I long for the good old days, when Louisgod was probating people for saying the Wii U was gonna flop hard.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sham bam bamina! posted:

remember when the ipad was going to bomb as the pointless island between an iphone and a laptop

not only do i remember that, i in fact currently inhabit the reality where that happened

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

:lol:

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Lysidas posted:

i had been meaning to get a switch to play breath of the wild, guess i should do that soon to help Friend Corporation Nintendo

emulate it in 4K instead

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

also did msft suddenly stop supporting SIP and RTSP? if not then what's the porblem?

edit: or did they drop TLS-DSK and if so who implemented that other than them lol maniacs!

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 20, 2019

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Perplx posted:

emulate it in 4K instead

was considering this, especially to use some mods, but how does the controls cheme work? would i want to connect a gamepad/etc. to play? i played a bit of breath of the wild and playing on a keyboard/mouse does not seem pleasant

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

the switch is really great, and i love smash. the only problem is nintendo still uses loving friend codes. it's impossible to actually meet new players in-game, you gotta use discord or something external.

also still no netflix

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Lysidas posted:

was considering this, especially to use some mods, but how does the controls cheme work? would i want to connect a gamepad/etc. to play? i played a bit of breath of the wild and playing on a keyboard/mouse does not seem pleasant

lmao. yes, yes you would need to connect a gamepad to play. also you'll probably want something with a gyro in it or some things just won't work.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

show us on the doll where nintendo touched you

he works for microsoft

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

still too expensive

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

carry on then posted:

he works for microsoft

in hindsight it was obvious.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

the switch is really great, and i love smash. the only problem is nintendo still uses loving friend codes. it's impossible to actually meet new players in-game, you gotta use discord or something external.

also still no netflix

nintendo's online strategy is perfect because of this, and should be emulated by console makers

also nintendo makes gaming products, not consoles so adding non-gaming features are secondary at most

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
sharepoint: you can move reusable content from the root of a library into a sub folder in the same library, but you can't move it out again, because reasons

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i think i've identified the problem

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Chris Knight posted:

sharepoint: you can move reusable content from the root of a library into a sub folder in the same library, but you can't move it out again, because reasons

tracking down the code for stuff like that is probably like viewing the ark of the covenant

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

if I had to guess, that’s probably by design: they don’t want to have to deal with the kind of player that would use that to shout racial slurs at people

I did happen to see someone on Mario kart with a slur nickname and an avatar that looked like it was out of the black panther movie so I guess life finds a way

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i think i've identified the problem

i think the worst thing about my current job is that it introduced me to the wailing horrors of sharepoint

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i think the worst thing about my current job is that it introduced me to the wailing horrors of sharepoint
its p bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I think Sharepoint is like mumps: the later in life you catch it the worse it goes for you?

:shrug: