Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

augias posted:

Tjis is truw i waited months and months anout a pain in my chest but then a family member died and i went but the doctor said i just need physical therapy for bad desknposture, on account of never having worled a desk job before. Not cancer. :unsmith:

Looks like your fingers need therapy too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Yeah yeah bumpy bus ride.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

thinking about those nut juices

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Shame Boy posted:

Or all women - doctors think when women complain of pain they're just being hysterical or emotional and take them much less seriously than a man making the exact same complaint.

Also that just reminded me of this amazing thing:

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41692593

"Jews believe pain must be shared and validated by others" :allears:

Written by Eric T. Cartman, MD.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

nut juice is stored in the bladder

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

KiteAuraan posted:

Written by Eric T. Cartman, MD.

I laughed harder at this than I think was warranted 5/5

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Len posted:

My dad hosed up his spine when I was in middle school by exploding a vertebrae. He didn't realize that's what it was just that he was in pain and his hands were numb a lot. He wouldn't take the day off work to go to a doctor and kept rescheduling for something like a year? By the time he made it in there was permanent nerve damage and his doctor sister got all lawsuit happy. The doctors should have caught it, malpractice, $$$ and then found out this was his own drat fault for putting it off so long.

The reason he wouldn't take the day off? Good ol American fear that you won't have a job when you come back.

We also spent Christmas at the Sears walk in dentist when he needed an emergency tooth extraction.

funny, I also spent my last Christmas getting three emergency tooth extractions. worst loving two days of pain ever

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I think one of the Samsung social media people is feeling a bit sick of people's poo poo today.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheMostFrench posted:

I think one of the Samsung social media people is feeling a bit sick of people's poo poo today.

hahaha

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TheMostFrench posted:

Look, brands are just like people! Don't be friends with people! Just be friends with brands!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I think one of the reasons people, and guys especially, don't want to go to the doctor is fear. Sure my head hurts or tooth aches or there's a grapefruit sized lump hanging off my ballsack but right now it might be nothing. The second I go to the doctor it could turn into cancer or whatever. So by not going to the doctor I don't have cancer. It's dumb but people are pretty dumb.

Schrodingers cancerous nutsack.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I grew up poor but not quite desitute enough for Arizona Medicaid so I mentally internalized going to the doctor = poo poo ton of money "we can't afford right now" so I'm always terrified something will screw me over even with (much better than AZ) state paid care.

Don't forget to add class into a discussion of MANS.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Outrail posted:

I think one of the reasons people, and guys especially, don't want to go to the doctor is fear. Sure my head hurts or tooth aches or there's a grapefruit sized lump hanging off my ballsack but right now it might be nothing. The second I go to the doctor it could turn into cancer or whatever. So by not going to the doctor I don't have cancer. It's dumb but people are pretty dumb.

:hai:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Outrail posted:

It's a lot of things.

The fear of something being wrong.
The fear of the bankrupcy.
The toxic masculinity of "Tough it out".

It isn't a single thing.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

at target there was a "simple human" trash can for $150 wtf

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

150 is the going price for simple humans nowdays it seems

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

actionjackson posted:

at target there was a "simple human" trash can for $150 wtf

they also use "special" bags

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

spacetoaster posted:

WTF that's just dust.

Are we really worried about terrorist gas attacks when they could just blow up a bag of this poo poo in a mall?

quote:

After arresting the two men, East Liverpool Police Officer Chris Green was winding down his shift in the police station's break room when one of his colleagues pointed out he had something on his uniform. Green wiped the white powder off with his bare hands.
Within minutes, he wasn't feeling well.
"I started talking weird. I slowly felt my body shutting down. I could hear them talking, but I couldn't respond. I was in total shock," Green told the Morning Journal of Lisbon, Ohio.
Green, who had worn gloves while searching the suspects' car, collapsed on the floor. Police believe he was experiencing an overdose.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Outrail posted:

last tne I went to the dentist I was screwed to the tune of $2000 for two root canals that insurance flat out refused to cover, and I was making $10 an hour at the time paying $600 a month in rent

that was 12 years ago and I still don’t trust dentists. by now I probably need like $10k+ of work done and frankly there’s no way in hell im going to be able to come up with that on demand, since dentists are dicks who demand payments up front for stuff like that

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Shipon posted:

last tne I went to the dentist I was screwed to the tune of $2000 for two root canals that insurance flat out refused to cover, and I was making $10 an hour at the time paying $600 a month in rent

that was 12 years ago and I still don’t trust dentists. by now I probably need like $10k+ of work done and frankly there’s no way in hell im going to be able to come up with that on demand, since dentists are dicks who demand payments up front for stuff like that

Find a conservative dentist with lovely opinions on minorities and write him/her a bouncing check.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

that’s the wildest panic attack story yet

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The company where I've worked the past few years - Windstream Communications - did an REIT spinoff a few years ago and was subsequently sued by a major bondholder, the hedge fund Aurelius, who claimed the REIT violated the bond agreement. Aurelius won the suit so Windstream owes them $310 million. The CEO has been absurdly overpaid for the last few years - his salary is more than double that of similar companies with a similar market cap of Windstream's. The company has been in a death spiral since it eliminated the dividend a couple years ago, but this is the killing blow.

To give you an idea of what the corporate culture is like, our CEO made a blog post a couple years ago right after hundreds of layoffs in which he muses about his annual family vacation to the French Alps. He also compared his failsons complaining about a hike to a war crime.

Lmao I'm gonna be laid off within a month

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The company where I've worked the past few years - Windstream Communications - did an REIT spinoff a few years ago and was subsequently sued by a major bondholder, the hedge fund Aurelius, who claimed the REIT violated the bond agreement. Aurelius won the suit so Windstream owes them $310 million. The CEO has been absurdly overpaid for the last few years - his salary is more than double that of similar companies with a similar market cap of Windstream's. The company has been in a death spiral since it eliminated the dividend a couple years ago, but this is the killing blow.

To give you an idea of what the corporate culture is like, our CEO made a blog post a couple years ago right after hundreds of layoffs in which he muses about his annual family vacation to the French Alps. He also compared his failsons complaining about a hike to a war crime.

Lmao I'm gonna be laid off within a month

well poo poo I was about to renew our contract with windstream, perhaps I should shop around

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

no see he has a book and everyone should listen to him because he came up with the novel idea of um

systemic issues exist

How the hell did you link to a big yud book that's not Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shipon posted:

At least at my dentist they give you an estimation up front and check if insurance covers it ahead of time... You might want to go in and see if they can do anything reasonably cheap to stabilize (or even remove) the worst teeth because a friend of mine basically did the same thing as you until one of them got so bad that it hurt enough that he'd pay any amount of money to get it to stop :ohdear:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh also in a lot of places there's dentist charities that do free public exams and basic treatment for people who can't afford it, usually on a set day every few months, might wanna see if you've got one of those near you :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Outrail posted:

The only benefit of my current situation that I've bitched about in this thread before, where I have to go to the doctor and get a physical prescription for my medication every month (now every two months because he just writes two of them and post-dates one at least) is that he does an actual basic checkup each time i'm there, records my weight and blood pressure and stuff, and I'm prompted to bring up any piddly little medical thing that might be bothering me so I've gotten treatment for stuff that in the past I would have just dealt with, like skin conditions and stuff.

Also he's very aggressive about flu shots, like the second they're available I get asked if I've had one yet, if I haven't he doesn't even ask if I want one, he just calls in the nurse and goes "ok prep one flu shot please"

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

augias posted:

Tjis is truw i waited months and months anout a pain in my chest but then a family member died and i went but the doctor said i just need physical therapy for bad desknposture, on account of never having worled a desk job before. Not cancer. :unsmith:

Can you get some physical therapy for your hands too?

E:F;B

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

this is every cop who thinks fentanyl in the air is gonna get 'em

necroid
May 14, 2009

JHomer722 posted:

this is every cop who thinks fentanyl in the air is gonna get 'em

lol I remember that dweeb

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Check to see if there are any dental schopld in your area, they will often do free or low cost basic checkups.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

"They"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Are they referring to moltov cocktails?

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

cops are dumb as hell and shouldn't be allowed to enforce drug laws without trying them first

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trabandiumium posted:

cops are dumb as hell and shouldn't be allowed to enforce drug laws without trying them first

preferably the kind that makes them unable to do their job ever again due to a case of loving off to hell.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

On the radio earlier they had an interview with a guy who wrote a book predicting that instead of earth's population increasing to 10 billion by 2050 the population is actually more likely to shrink heavily, and a bunch of the people who called in to the show while I was listening basically just went "lol good we deserve it"

I'm glad that seems to be a widespread opinion :unsmith:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Voluntary human extinction is the only way we can redeem ourselves, possibly.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Saw this at work today. It's standard corporate propaganda but I thought putting "I make it all about the guest" next to "I am 100% authentic and honest" was particularly rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I do have to wonder how often people actually buy into corporate propaganda