Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

jng2058 posted:

Yeah, but Mottom only did that because she was following Allison. If Allison had gone home to Earth, say, Mottom would have blown the doors off Earth's gate instead. Mammon's poo poo got wrecked because of decisions Allison made. Indeed, she did go in there planning to wreck as much of Mammon's peace as she needed to in order to free Zaid. That she had a change of heart when she learned that Zaid wasn't there and saw how pitiable Mammon had become didn't change her original decision to invade his home.

Mottom was less following Allison and more going to where she had sent her. It was a break first, ask questions later kind of deal. Once Allison pissed off Mottom, Mammon's poo poo would have been wrecked regardless of where Allison had gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Part if Solomon's thing is his Unchanging Form, so making him bleed is probably a bigger deal than going to the barber. He's not just tough, he's The Diamond.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Yeah, I don't recall Mottom directly following Allison, her appearance smashing her floating debauch-o-drome into the Vault of Yre was just one of those coincidences that aren't coincidences when you're dealing with that much Royalty.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, I don't recall Mottom directly following Allison, her appearance smashing her floating debauch-o-drome into the Vault of Yre was just one of those coincidences that aren't coincidences when you're dealing with that much Royalty.

She went to where she (correctly) suspected Allison would be, after all Mottom was the one who told her that Zaid would be there.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tenebrais posted:

It's also possible that every time he is incredibly disappointed that none of his sons think (or dare) to try a technically-correct solution.

When he says to spill his blood, he's really asking people to kill his useless sons for him, but no one takes the hint.

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-JQD15xtL0

Basically Solomon

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

Mottom['s] ... floating debauch-o-drome

I prefer to think of it as a Mobile Oppression Palace.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKOQWbTdxy8

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pZE-x5evKE

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
So do you think Mottom had informants tell her Allison was in the vault, or did she happens to show up at the right moment by an (un)fortunate coincidence?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

YaketySass posted:

So do you think Mottom had informants tell her Allison was in the vault, or did she happens to show up at the right moment by an (un)fortunate coincidence?

Mottom told Allison where Zaid was, so she already knew where to find her. She assumed that if she sent Allison to him that Mammon, being a hoarder, would hoard her.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

My quibble is that Allison clearly took some time to put her team together, and Mottom wouldn't have known when Al would move on Yre. If Mottom had arrived an hour earlier or later the entire situation would have been disrupted... and Mottom wasn't looking for Allison when she arrived. None of this is a coincidence, because nothing is ever a coincidence.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

habeasdorkus posted:

My quibble is that Allison clearly took some time to put her team together, and Mottom wouldn't have known when Al would move on Yre. If Mottom had arrived an hour earlier or later the entire situation would have been disrupted... and Mottom wasn't looking for Allison when she arrived. None of this is a coincidence, because nothing is ever a coincidence.

Mottom never even saw Allison and pretty much immediately got distracted by bondage nun wrasslin, that was probably like the fifth or sixth place that day she'd crashed her ride into and then started fighting whoever was inside

also it's a story made up by a guy and the laws of what makes for efficient and interesting storytelling are stronger than physics

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 21, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the laws of what makes for efficient and interesting storytelling are stronger than physics

drat right, and as it should be. I wasn't quoting Unsong to signify a complaint.

I just think Mottom was coming for the Dragon regardless of what Al did, because she's lost one of her major sources of power.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Mottom never even saw Allison and pretty much immediately got distracted by bondage nun wrasslin, that was probably like the fifth or sixth place that day she'd crashed her ride into and then started fighting whoever was inside

She didn't specifically intend to attack Yre, it's just that flying cities are surprisingly difficult to steer.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1098460342353563648

more angry demiurge meetings hell yeah

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

so what I'm taking away from this is that Solomon David took all the hair from the top of his head and put it on the bottom of his head

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

JT Jag posted:

more angry demiurge meetings hell yeah

Mottom and Mammon are going to start fighting, break some rule, and Solomon's going to go nuclear. He explodes one of them (probably Mammon), shattering the peace utterly. Jadis manages to get everyone involved to agree to a contest instead of overt hostilities. Solomon agrees because he likes contests, and Mottom agrees because she just saw Mammon get exploded.

Now Solomon's usual tournament is literally a front for the next universal war. Jadis is the game host, and 6 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe is the announcer.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
solomon looks a lot less serene this meeting than the last one

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How nice, mottom brought fruit for everyone

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Oh yeah, and Incubus is still cut. Was just seeing things wrong before, I guess.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
gog agog is STOKED to be here

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

ConfusedUs posted:

Mottom and Mammon are going to start fighting, break some rule, and Solomon's going to go nuclear. He explodes one of them (probably Mammon), shattering the peace utterly. Jadis manages to get everyone involved to agree to a contest instead of overt hostilities. Solomon agrees because he likes contests, and Mottom agrees because she just saw Mammon get exploded.

Now Solomon's usual tournament is literally a front for the next universal war. Jadis is the game host, and 6 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe is the announcer.

They already started fighting.
The table's on fire.

e: also how dare you, Gog-Agog is the announcer.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I appreciate that some of the stone furniture is just casually on fire.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's so tired of this poo poo.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mottom is so mad that she's making little fires all around her, not just in her body like Mammon.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Mammon's ready to loving atomic breath all over everyone here. It feels so long since he found him and was just a poor senile dragon filled with guilt.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
look at that good boy

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

He's so tired of this poo poo.

"There I was, just lifting tons of marble in one hand so my boys could have a day off, getting a good workout in... Then this bullshit again."

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
So we're agreed that Young Solomon is all the way hot, right?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Poltergrift posted:

So we're agreed that Young Solomon is all the way hot, right?

Not emptyquoting

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Solomon David's backstory is literally the epic and ultraviolent K6BD version of a Charles Atlas ad.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

gog agog is STOKED to be here

Gog Agog is just stoked in general all the time.

never a boring moment when youre made of worms

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Emrikol posted:

Solomon David's backstory is literally the epic and ultraviolent K6BD version of The Thirty-Six Chambers of Shaolin, it's literally the 36 Chambers, except he comes to precisely the opposite of the normal conclusion and also punches through people, it's great

I polished it up

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
now im a jerk and everybody loves me!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Joe Slowboat posted:

I polished it up

Now I want to K6BD-ify various parables and stories so that the lessons learned are... not quite the same as intended:

A farmer died and split his land and savings equally between his two sons. However the older brother was far stronger and more violent than the younger, and beat him and took all the inheritance for himself- save for a single tree seed and a young calf, which he allowed the younger brother to take with him in banishment.

The younger brother traveled in shame, and met a wandering monk. He begged the monk to train in the ways of the Art, so he could prove himself greater than his brother and avenge his honor. The monk replied that the younger brother must first condition his body, so as to be able to withstand the destructive forces of the Art. He instructed the younger brother to plant the seed on top of a mountain, and every day to climb that mountain, and leap over the sapling, all while carrying the calf. The monk would return when the younger brother was ready.

For years, and then decades, the younger brother did as instructed- even as the calf grew into a great ox the size of a house and the sapling into a mighty oak a league high. One morning, the monk returned, and gazed upon the younger brother, now broad-shouldered, with muscles hewed more finely than granite. The monk said he would train the younger brother in the Art, and his first lesson was:

"When aspiring to greatness, the least important aspect is the ascent."

This was also the younger brother's last lesson, and the monk declared his training complete, and bade him farewell. The younger brother was shocked, and confused, but nonetheless he gathered up his ox-companion upon his shoulders, and set off to return to his old home.

In the years since, the elder brother had grown complacent. His muscles turned to fat, and his mind concerned more with pleasing his wife, and providing for his children, than with violence. He considered how best to divide his land and savings among his own two sons, when he would pass in turn. He hung up his cudgel for a plow and ledger. He regretted his treatment of his younger brother, and wished his sons could have cousins to play with.

One evening, the younger brother returned. Upon seeing his younger brother, the elder ran forwards in grief and joy, but the younger thought he was once again being set upon. The younger brother did the only think he could think of, and jumped high into the sky, ox upon his shoulders. With a crash, he and the ox landed upon the family home, destroying it completely. The elder brother's wife and children, and the ox, were instantly slain. The resulting shockwave destroyed all the crops and laid the fields barren for all time. Their father's buried bones were disintegrated. A great crater was formed at the site, a league deep, within which the younger brother dwelt for the rest of his days, contemplating the monk's lesson, the tears of the elder brother falling upon him.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

wiegieman posted:

He's not just tough, he's The Diamond.
So.... hit Solomon.... with Solomon?

Mazerunner posted:

Now I want to K6BD-ify various parables and stories so that the lessons learned are... not quite the same as intended:
Yesss

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Fish Noise posted:

So.... hit Solomon.... with Solomon?

Furious Dumbass posted:

"STOP HITTING YOURSELF! STOP HITTING YOURSELF! STOP HITTING YOURSELF!"
But lo, Solomon David could not stop hitting himself, for Alison was hitting him with his own hands.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Furious Dumbass needs to be added as a style to the RPG. It should be awesome, but impractical.

Mazerunner posted:

:yeshaha:

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Mazerunner posted:

Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again". Immediately the tree withered.

I started writing K6BD-ified 'The Fox and the Grapes', then realized it was just 'Jesus Gets Mad at a Fig Tree'

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 21, 2019