Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Rangers didn't stop sucking until luclin proper imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
Apparently some goons got upset over my log con scam on pubbie scum. I don't see how what I did is much different from the antics you hear about going down in EVE? Yet here I am banned from the goon discord and I assume booted from Unknown Guild. I figured the traditional as long as you aren't loving over other goons go hog wild culture was still a thing but I guess this forum is getting old and full of care bears.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

shirunei posted:

Apparently some goons got upset over my log con scam on pubbie scum. I don't see how what I did is much different from the antics you hear about going down in EVE? Yet here I am banned from the goon discord and I assume booted from Unknown Guild. I figured the traditional as long as you aren't loving over other goons go hog wild culture was still a thing but I guess this forum is getting old and full of care bears.

Can you elaborate on your log con scam? Seriously have no clue what you're talking about.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

shirunei posted:

I figured the traditional as long as you aren't loving over other goons go hog wild culture was still a thing but I guess this forum is getting old and full of care bears.

I hear ya. Those days are gone unfortunately.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Can you elaborate on your log con scam? Seriously have no clue what you're talking about.

Just your run of the mill recruitment scam.

Befriend someone, work on them for months and months to get trust built up, make it seem like I got banned by GM and lost all my toons, ask the person ive been working on if I can use theirs since they dont even play anymore, they being hesitant I tell them if they become a GOON id never betray them or else risk the wrath of Senor Lowtax so they let me use their toons after becoming a J4G. I then strip their toons of all wealth and let the person know that their application to the great goon hive has been rejected and a processing fee amounting to all their pixels has been levied. That's the gist of it.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

You're a terrible person.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Which server

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

lol what a piece of poo poo

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

shirunei posted:

Befriend someone, work on them for months and months to get trust built up, make it seem like I got banned by GM and lost all my toons, ask the person ive been working on if I can use theirs since they dont even play anymore, they being hesitant I tell them if they become a GOON id never betray them or else risk the wrath of Senor Lowtax so they let me use their toons after becoming a J4G. I then strip their toons of all wealth and let the person know that their application to the great goon hive has been rejected and a processing fee amounting to all their pixels has been levied. That's the gist of it.
I mean, I have no problem with this in principle, but P99 (blue anyway) is a place that only exists because the community of normal players is by and large pretty nice and welcoming to anyone looking for classic EQ. Call it carebear if you want, that doesn't change that it's why most people, including the ones in this thread, enjoy playing on the server. I guess I don't see the fun in making GBS threads on one of the essential attractions of the server for literally no meaningful reward other than potentially eating a ban if this person gets the attention of staff.

I mean, if you're gonna troll and scam, go after some of the toxic shitlords who are busy ruining the raid scene for everyone. Or maybe go play EVE?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

shirunei posted:

This is insanely terrible and you should be like ip banned from project 1999

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I mean, if you're gonna troll and scam, go after some of the toxic shitlords who are busy ruining the raid scene for everyone. Or maybe go play EVE?

I 100% thought I was in the Eve thread and was like, "Why are you guys getting so mad about normal poo poo?"

Yeah, don't do this in p99.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
If you're scamming people in-game and tricking them in-game I think that's one thing. Convincing them to give you their account details is a pretty personal thing and escalates a "it's just a video game" to you just being a lovely person. That's like borderline fraud and theft.

It's also a very different context because Eve is a PvP game with pretty real financial ties to destruction and "real" war and conflict between players and factions. P99 is mostly a collaborative game and there's no real PvP aspects.

Alternatively maybe you're just making this poo poo up to bait us. Either way it's boring and you should stop.

hayden. fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Feb 21, 2019

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I scammed a whole poo poo ton in Eve. Like fake supers and space court and the works. It has a culture that reinforces and rewards underhanded, deceptive and predatory social behavior. EQ did not, P99 does not. I would not scam scam in EQ/P99, and I did not even when some random pub asked me to transfer and gave me 5k plat.

Go play Eve or Ark or Atlas if you wanna scam and poo poo all over pubs.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
I havent played this game in 15 years and still know that this guy is an rear end in a top hat.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
"I spend months of my valuable life to scam trusting innocents out of their sweet, sweet pixels in a private server for a game from before the turn of the millennia. Yeah, I'm kind of a hero if you think about it." - a loving idiot

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Can't this mook just be banned from SA as well? For shame, sir.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
YOUVE ALL GONE SOFT WE SHOULD BE MANIPULATING AND STEALING FROM EVERYONE NOT ON SOMETHING AWFUL

PS I AM A WORTHLESS EMOTIONALLY STUNTED PIECE OF poo poo

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i once befriended a guy for months just so i could get him on voice comms and fart into the mic and call him a "homo"

fruity no gay
May 7, 2018

by Cyrano4747
lmao eat poo poo caiu

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I don't care if you scam. Just don't involve or target Goons or Unknown Guild in your schemes at all whatsoever, please. I don't want UG/Goons to be any more of pariahs on the server than we are already.

I dunno what's going on with Discord as I've been traveling all week.

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 22, 2019

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Even globby is posting here. NO WONDER I GET THESE THREADS MIXED UP.

How does the p99 community feel about Boiled Ribs?

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Manipulating people to hand over account info over several months is really awful and you are a huge piece of poo poo. Just pretend to be a girl and catfish for those pixels you freak.

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
P99 should be a safe space, you're a jerk.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

FranktheBank posted:

Even globby is posting here. NO WONDER I GET THESE THREADS MIXED UP.

How does the p99 community feel about Boiled Ribs?

Ew, what? People still do that? Braise those shits.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Goast posted:

Just pretend to be a girl and catfish for those pixels you freak

Acedia
Sep 6, 2018

shirunei posted:

I never really cared for EQ fan-fiction.

1. I offered you my account.
3. We agreed you’re returning my stuff.
2. You bought me this SA account, is that J4G? If so, what guild?
4. I don’t really care enough to install EQ to verify if any of this is true.

Acedia fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 23, 2019

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

EVE goons are weird sociopaths tbh. Most goon guilds aren't anything like that.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

the most chill goon guild i've ever been in was gold knuckles, which is on the moon guard server in wow.

Moon guard being the server that has so many hosed up weirdos that GMs summoned a bunch of demons on the starting human town to wipe out all the cybersexers there.

"PVP" mmos like eve and archeage seem to attract the worst goons.

Acedia
Sep 6, 2018
Do people still play Archeage? That weird game was so much fun in open beta, but the pay to win policies hit the population like the Black Plague.

It reminded me a lot of Lineage II, which was my mid 20s weird sociopathic outlet.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vargs posted:

EVE goons are weird sociopaths tbh. Most goon guilds aren't anything like that.

its only possible in eve because the rules allow people to be dumb about their choices.

if you can convince someone to turn off an player alliance without you controlling anything, then that is something the victim has to live with

its so hard to get into, though, that most everyone from other mmogs will hard bounce off it.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Just imagine if you'd have spent all those months building a relationship online to grift someone out of their life savings like a real scammer. Instead you chose to invest that time and effort into virtual pixels in a free 20-year old game on a community server.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Or imagine you had spent the time making a friend. Then you'd have a friend instead of some pixels.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

shirunei posted:

Bind sight gets even more fun when you bring in those locate corpse clickies off merchants. Make a corpse somewhere useful to see and then use the click to target corpse which works across the entire zone. Target yourself and cast bind sight and then use your previous target toggle hotkey. Bind sight will land on the corpse. I use this for solo Quillmane when on some toons like ench, wiz, or shaman since no tracking.

Sorry this is old but gently caress these are the hot shits I come here to read.

Anyone still play red, or want to start a crew?

I have enough liquid to bankroll us all!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

shirunei posted:

I'm a broken person so I can laugh at this, getting upset over it seems silly.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
It's less upset and more wtf I thought just playing eq normally in 2019 was sad and then I read that

sitcom bathysphere
Jun 7, 2017
Thread, I’m interested in playing EQ, but unsure if I should go with a TLP on the “live” game or P1999. I played roughly from PoP to GoD, but am most nostalgic for the pre-PoP content

Whaddaya think? Why did you choose P1999?

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

sitcom bathysphere posted:

Thread, I’m interested in playing EQ, but unsure if I should go with a TLP on the “live” game or P1999. I played roughly from PoP to GoD, but am most nostalgic for the pre-PoP content

Whaddaya think? Why did you choose P1999?

Play on the new TLP server Mangler if you 1) value the QOL stuff and 2) have a desire to ever raid at all.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
P99 has the highest population for a private server and is fairly polished. It is however locked at Velious and has been for many years, so it is top heavy and suffers from a completely satiated economy. There's a fair amount of goons that will set you up.

P2002 has a population of a few dozen players, but it goes up to PoP, excluding LoY and LDoN. It is badly coded and the staff are shittards, but the community is nice. It allows for boxing, which makes most content doable for a solo player, but ironically also deters a lot of people to play there.

Live is owned by Daybreak who give no fucks about anything but milking easy cash. The progression servers, of which new ones are launched about once a year, leading to a bleed in population from previous iterations (and private servers), seem fairly popular.

If you started playing after PoP I too would suggest hopping on one of the progression servers that are about to launch. Of course, you can always play on any of the private servers too, to see what suits you; registration and installation are easy.

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 5, 2019

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Agree with Meatgrinder. Buy in for the first month on a progression server and play P99 or something at the same time. You can bounce back and forth LFG, solo on one server while you're between groups on another, or whatever floats your boat. EQ is a good multitasking environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Agree with Meatgrinder. Buy in for the first month on a progression server and play P99 or something at the same time. You can bounce back and forth LFG, solo on one server while you're between groups on another, or whatever floats your boat. EQ is a good multitasking environment.

Unless one of the tasks is, you know, "having a life".