Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

That sounds too complicated for Nintendo-havers

Also most routers have a repeater option in their default firmware for a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Trailer for To All Mankind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6leUjbxjjqg

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also most routers have a repeater option in their default firmware for a start.

A very good point, though a bunch of them need the original router to be the same brand, if not the same model--so if your router is, like, the one Comcast gave you it won't work (and you should probably replace that poo poo immediately anyway).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
and some more gameplay info

Survival Life

Field work in the middle of a city!?

While they are only five girls, in a town where the greenery has overgrown and buildings are covered in vines, physical labor is necessary. The meal after a day of building up sweat is sure to be twice as good as normal!

Field

It seems that seeds will become vegetables if properly grown. But how will you plow the field in a ruined town…?

River

While the theme of “nature” is not strong in Akihabara, you can go fishing in Kanda River

Hints in Your Surroundings?

By exploring the city and obtaining useful tools from the mountain of rubble, you will be able to do more and more. That includes starting fires, going fishing, catching wild animals, and more. While tools can be used standalone, they can also sometimes be combined. There may be hints closer than you think in your surroundings, and you may be able to do things you would not normally have imagined.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I am very excited for To All Mankind

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Untitled Goose Game has been delayed until late 2019 and now my life is ruined.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Untitled Goose Game has been delayed until late 2019 and now my life is ruined.

They delayed it because they need that much time to think of a title.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Mega64 posted:

They delayed it because they need that much time to think of a title.

I thought of a good title last year......

Gander Commander

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Elman posted:

Man you're gonna feel embarrased when Space Station Silicon Valley 2 comes out.

It already did; it’s called Mario Odyssey though.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mahoning posted:

Gander Commander

Pretty good but what do you think about "Untitled Goose Game"?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I don’t think I’ll never not call it Metal Goose Solid

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

asecondduck posted:

Pretty good but what do you think about "Untitled Goose Game"?

:hmmyes:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i choose to believe they are spending the time doing field research in the park with real rear end in a top hat geese

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They should call it Titled Goose Game

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Improper Gander

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Mad Wack posted:

field research in the park with real rear end in a top hat geese

I'd be okay with this as the title

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
I was a huge fan of The Witness last year, but it doesn’t look like it’s coming to the switch. Could anyone recommend something similar to scratch the puzzle game itch? I liked the puzzles, exploring the island, and the overall atmosphere.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mahoning posted:

Gander Commander

I personally think it should be called Good for the Gander (Bad for everyone else)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
And now you see why they delayed it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

ohhyeah posted:

I was a huge fan of The Witness last year, but it doesn’t look like it’s coming to the switch. Could anyone recommend something similar to scratch the puzzle game itch? I liked the puzzles, exploring the island, and the overall atmosphere.

Is talos principle on switch?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MMF Freeway posted:

Is talos principle on switch?

No, which is surprising--Devolver has a bunch of their stuff on the Switch, and Talos scales really well. They could probably get it on the Switch without sacrificing much.

There was rumors of a Talos Principle 2, they might be holding off on a Switch port until then.

[Edit: According to a Croteam dev on Reddit they're busy with SS4 and a VR game right now so I wouldn't expect TLP 1 or 2 on the Switch anytime soon. Oh well]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 21, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
NIS has released a clip from The Caligula Effect Overdose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-M7sb_F69E

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ohhyeah posted:

There's a port of Gone Home for the Switch, but the only real puzzle is in piecing together the narrative.

I think there's a port of The Room, too. The Siberia games are closer to traditional adventures but they might scratch that itch.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

ohhyeah posted:

I never played the witness but for a puzzle game I recommend into the breach. It's a tactics game but plays more like a puzzler. I'm pretty sure it's not at all similar to the witness, you don't wander around and explore, etc. But I wanted to take this opportunity to recommend it anyway because it's a fantastic game

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Undertale a puzzle game? I think Undertale counts as a puzzle game.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Alan_Shore posted:

Play Asia says there's 2 versions of DOA3 Scarlet, the Japanese one and the Asia one with English. That's weird, right? Phoenix Wright only has the Japanese version that happens to include English. Just a bit bizarre
The whole Southeast Asia region releases is bizarre and inconsistent. Sometimes it's a genuinely-exclusive release to that region. Other times it's a different region cart (usually Japan) with English box art. Other times it's a different (English) region box and cart with a different ratings sticker slapped on the shrink wrap.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

asecondduck posted:

Is Undertale a puzzle game? I think Undertale counts as a puzzle game.

It's a puzzle how people think it's good!!!

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Just realized Olli Olli got a switch port. It includes both 1 & 2 in the same game.

It is a 2-d skateboarding game that can get pretty frustrating but it is a lot of fun.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Are you a talent performer?

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's a puzzle how people think it's good!!!

I'm a couple hours into it and I'm thoroughly confused as to what all the Undertale hype was about. Are there multiple games called "Undertale" and I accidentally bought the direct-to-VHS knockoff version instead of the good version that everybody talks about?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blotto_Otter posted:

I'm a couple hours into it and I'm thoroughly confused as to what all the Undertale hype was about. Are there multiple games called "Undertale" and I accidentally bought the direct-to-VHS knockoff version instead of the good version that everybody talks about?

It's almost like humor is subjective

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Blotto_Otter posted:

🙄

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
you won't believe my hot takes on undertale in this, the year of our lord 2019

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Undertale is good because it's funny and is a rare example of an indie message game where the message is actually reflected in the gameplay. It also hits nostalgia buttons in all the right ways.

And it's got good music.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm stuck in Undertale because I stink at bullet-hell games! I will go back to it eventually though because I thought the humor was good and it has some clever bits poking fun at video game tropes that I liked.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I like that it is sweet and nice.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you buy and keep a spider cookie that will get you through the hardest boss imo

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Blotto_Otter posted:

The first dungeon is worse than the rest of the game. It was the original demo for its kickstarter, and you can tell it doesn't have as much polish as the rest of it.

(or maybe it's just not your kind of game, that's fine)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Undertale is also full of dumb goofy poo poo that I know I shouldn't laugh at but do anyway. TEMMIE, :dogcited:, Anime is real, etc

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'm stuck in Undertale because I stink at bullet-hell games! I will go back to it eventually though because I thought the humor was good and it has some clever bits poking fun at video game tropes that I liked.

Whatever you do, don't try playing it through a Steam link. I actually gave up towards the end because I couldn't compensate for the input lag manually anymore.

But what I played up to that point was amazing. I really need to buy and play it on the Switch.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

If you buy and keep a spider cookie that will get you through the hardest boss imo

I bought the spider cookie because I had a feeling it would be important and triumphantly went to pull it out against the spider boss when I remembered I had eaten it in a fit of button mashing a couple of hours ago :facepalm:

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

asecondduck posted:

Undertale is good because it's funny and is a rare example of an indie message game where the message is actually reflected in the gameplay.

Does that gameplay ever get fun? Does that "bullet hell in a tiny window" mechanic ever change, because I think I hate that.

asecondduck posted:

And it's got good music.

That's definitely true. And I liked Toriel but that's the only character I've liked so far, so I'm confused why the game gets rid of her almost immediately.