Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

xtal posted:

All taxes disproportionately affect poor people because taxes are why poor people exist, hth

There's probably a modifier on this that makes it make a bit more sense like "vice" or maybe the idea that corporations will pass taxes onto the customers, but if we're talking income tax, we have tax brackets for a reason.

If taxes disproportionally hurt the poor, its because the rich aren't paying their share. Don't blame the taxes, blame the rich & the loopholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Oxyclean posted:

There's probably a modifier on this that makes it make a bit more sense like "vice" or maybe the idea that corporations will pass taxes onto the customers, but if we're talking income tax, we have tax brackets for a reason.

If taxes disproportionally hurt the poor, its because the rich aren't paying their share. Don't blame the taxes, blame the rich & the loopholes.

Or maybe, just throwing this out there, xtal is a crazy person.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
So basically the right's version of occupy wallstreet got grifted 10 times worse than occupy wallstreet.

The right, failing hard and failing fast.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

BGrifter posted:

If Trudeau was actually what Albertans fantasize, I might consider voting Liberal. I like the sound of this gun grabbing, tax raising, anti-pipeline, anti-oil and gas, Alberta hating fictional Trudeau.

Here in BC we have a slightly different perspective on Trudeau and pipelines.

Yeah it's frustrating when the strawmen created by the right are way cooler than the politicians we actually have.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Manitoba PCs gave a contract to run the provinces air ambulances to a company headed by former Manitoba Premier Gary Filmon lol

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

BGrifter posted:

If Trudeau was actually what Albertans fantasize, I might consider voting Liberal. I like the sound of this gun grabbing, tax raising, anti-pipeline, anti-oil and gas, Alberta hating fictional Trudeau.

Here in BC we have a slightly different perspective on Trudeau and pipelines.

This isn't an exaggeration. The Liberals spent $4.5 billion on an Albertan pipeline to keep the possibility of the Trans mountain expansion alive. Doing so was a betrayal of their environment based campaign. And yet, according to most Albertans, Trudeau is the most anti-pipeline Prime Minister in history. It does not matter what he does, he's wrong.

Trudeau's best move is probably to give up on Alberta and those three Liberal seats in favour of becoming the heretofore imaginary villain (which is, not coincidentally, to be his father).

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Maneck posted:

This isn't an exaggeration. The Liberals spent $4.5 billion on an Albertan pipeline to keep the possibility of the Trans mountain expansion alive. Doing so was a betrayal of their environment based campaign. And yet, according to most Albertans, Trudeau is the most anti-pipeline Prime Minister in history. It does not matter what he does, he's wrong.

Trudeau's best move is probably to give up on Alberta and those three Liberal seats in favour of becoming the heretofore imaginary villain (which is, not coincidentally, to be his father).

Yeah the hilarious part is how much would Alberta and Canada be off as a whole if the whole NEP went through.

Can't A/B test history but god drat.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
But you see if Conservatives were in power there would be pipelines everywhere. We'd replace all of our roads with pipelines and ride to work in gushers of oil like waterslides. Every man, woman, and child in Canada would be a millionaire.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Maneck posted:

But instead that dumbass has lost both Alberta and BC, great job.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
As soon as Trudeau stepped into the PMs Office, the Cons were screaming to impeach him even though it isn't a thing.

On Xtal, he is an anarchist and hates any group of people that has any semblance of authority. In practice this means picking on organizations that have astoundingly little authority i.e. defacing TTC vehicles.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

apatheticman posted:

Yeah the hilarious part is how much would Alberta and Canada be off as a whole if the whole NEP went through.

Can't A/B test history but god drat.

There was a popular boomerpost on LinkedIn in the oil industry the other day who was screaming about how he wanted a federal program to guarantee an oil price so we could sell Ethical Alberta Oil™ to Ontario instead of Saudizuelan murder grease.

Almost like some kind of national energy program. Sounds good to me.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

There was a popular boomerpost on LinkedIn in the oil industry the other day who was screaming about how he wanted a federal program to guarantee an oil price so we could sell Ethical Alberta Oil™ to Ontario instead of Saudizuelan murder grease.

Almost like some kind of national energy program. Sounds good to me.

Pipelines through bc is fastest way to Ontario in bizzaro world

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Scorchy posted:

But instead that dumbass has lost both Alberta and BC, great job.

he only needs Ontario and Quebec... and between Jagmeet flopping and Doug Ford being a total heel, it's probably going to happen

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the Natural Governing Party is back, and it's even more corrupt than ever before! Arrogant too!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
This is why we need to end fptp

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Or just balkanize that's fine too.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Leofish posted:

Pro-lifers are super into dying from climate change because it means they get into heaven faster.
Protestants, sure, but Catholics? I dunno...

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Reality Winter posted:

Or just balkanize that's fine too.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
Any Quebec posters know how le bloc quebecois is doing these days? I wonder how the political landscape might look if the party is able to pick up support currently held by the ndp, making for some ridings a 5 way race between the libs, the cons, the ndp, the bloc and Maxime's new party....

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

THC posted:

pictured: a "successful" "siege" of parliament

Huge missed opportunity to stomp some giant dongs out into the untouched snow here.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

And in the further future...

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
In seriousness though, it's nice to see how small and pathetic our MAGA equivalent idiot people are.

In the states they can pack stadiums for this poo poo.

Also lol that this may have just been at least partially a grift operation.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Guigui posted:

Any Quebec posters know how le bloc quebecois is doing these days? I wonder how the political landscape might look if the party is able to pick up support currently held by the ndp, making for some ridings a 5 way race between the libs, the cons, the ndp, the bloc and Maxime's new party....

It was dead and then martine ouellette tried to revive it but she was sabotaged by the old crypto-federalist branch of the party and now its even more dead

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

It was dead and then martine ouellette tried to revive it but she was sabotaged by the old crypto-federalist branch of the party and now its even more dead

In a world where no stone has been unturned, no new lands left to discover, I award you props for nearly making up a new term, dumb as it is.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

The Butcher posted:

In a world where no stone has been unturned, no new lands left to discover, I award you props for nearly making up a new term, dumb as it is.

I hearby proclaim myself as originator of the term "crypto-anglo-federalist", which prior to this post, has no Google hits.

I didn't actually mean for those to be multiple posts so please forgive my bad forums etiquette.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjU7dZ1ahn4

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Their new leader is pretty appealing, they're pivoting back to a centre-left/green position instead of the ultra-sovereigntist positioning they had under Ouellette, and they're polling a whole lot better than the NDP. They've got potential to be a real force again if the collapse of the NDP in Québec continues.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Hello my friends my name is Dave Tkachuk
Just run the liberals over with your truck

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2019/02/20/david-tkachuk-united-we-roll-ottawa-convoy_a_23674517/?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Dave Tkachuk: You know, that kid in Toronto had the right idea

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Dave Ahenakew: That's why they ran over all those guys

It's only now just occurred to me that Doug Ford deregulating the profession of "naturopathic doctor" and confining the practise of medicine to people who've actually studied it would be both in-line with his persona and remarkably helpful. So naturally he'll never do it

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 21, 2019

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I read that headline and saw Tkachuk and Senator and my first thought was "oh no, Brady's not a chud is he?"

Then I read the rest and yeah this dude is an rear end in a top hat. Sorry Brady.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Let's be honest, the Ottawa Senators are worse than anyone imagined.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Better than last season at least. Not saying much, I know.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Better than last season at least. Not saying much, I know.

Sadly, no, no they are not.

RIP Karlsson, and any hope of the cup

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

It's great because it works on two levels.

They are both absolutely awful.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/EricGrenierCBC/status/1098614298115420160

😬

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sadly, no, no they are not.

RIP Karlsson, and any hope of the cup

Their win rate has been abysmal this season but their actual play hasn't been THAT bad. It sucks to lose Karlsson. It also sucked to lose Methot who was the only defenceman who could cover Karlsson. We bleed good players and do nothing to protect lynchpins in the team because management is in shambles and the owner should be shot into the sun for being a loving idiot.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

CanPol Megathread: Their win rate has been abysmal this season but their actual play hasn't been THAT bad.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

CanPol Megathread: Their win rate has been abysmal this season but their actual play hasn't been THAT bad.

punchline: this is talking about the federal Liberals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

How likely is it that Trudeau broke the law with regards to this whole scandal? When will we actually find out what happened?