Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:stare:

This is going to be a shitshow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

Long overdue.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Well that's going to be something. Good. Cus seriously gently caress Epstein, dude should be doing a lifer.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

The Glumslinger posted:

This is one of Alan Dershowitz and Bill Clinton's buddies right?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Xarthor posted:

Weak. Low energy.

We knew that was going to be the case when didn't show up to the court house in a military frock coat and tricorn hat.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

kidkissinger posted:

Based on what I heard he’s a lot of rich people’s buddy

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

kidkissinger posted:

And Trump's.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

kidkissinger posted:

Very much yes. This is the 'lolita island' plane ...

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

kidkissinger posted:

And Trump, and most rich white guys as they are all sex criminals.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

twice burned ice posted:

Ah geez, I hope you're not serious.

If you are, I hope you're doing better.

I am doing better. Embracing the absurdity of life helps. Also been talking to a few different goons about being depressed on and off has helped me a lot recently. poo poo just sucks and gets overwhelming real fast.

Honestly that's why I was making jokes about people replacing me as a mod

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Junior G-man posted:

'lolita island'

I wish you were joking but God I know you aren't

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

I say this periodically, but everyone who has the mental energy to spare should read the Herald piece on Epstein, it's one of the most exhaustive pieces of journalism of the last decade and it makes it abundantly clear that some serious behind the scenes shady poo poo happened for his case to resolve the way it did. Epstein is clearly an extremely prolific predator and his continued freedom is a loving blight on all of us

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Koalas March posted:

I am doing better. Embracing the absurdity of life helps. Also been talking to a few different goons about being depressed on and off has helped me a lot recently. poo poo just sucks and gets overwhelming real fast.

I hope your situation continues to improve, you deserve better.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Don't lie to the judge, dumbass

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1098670520772497408?s=20

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1098674502274347009?s=20

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dsamuelsohn/status/1098674528929095682
https://twitter.com/kathrynw5/status/1098674545211424770
https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1098675056119447552

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

That seems . . . good? Is that .. . . justice. . . I smell on the wind? I'd forgotten . . .

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Jussie Smollett's bail set at 100k and he has to surrender his passport.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

There are probably other victims to get Epstein with, and for sure Epstein isn't the only predator. From this case I want the prosecutors, especially Acosta, in jail, so that the next batch of US attorneys isn't as likely to cut similar deals.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Meatball posted:

I'm on mobile and cant link it but theres a video of him grabbing onto a girls arm, whispering something into her ear (which you can tell by her face is probably not something awesome) then tries to kiss her cheek, that she recoils from. Shes about 16 and the daughter of another senator. I think it's up on youtube.

I have seen that sort of stuff, I just don't know if anything is turning it into actual accusations, or if it's purely dumb internet people going "he fucks kids! I saw a video where he was awkward! he ate a cheese pizza! gottem!" q-anon type stuff. Like is there anything out there that is actual accusations or anything?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Roger Stone is not a very clever man.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

I wish you were joking but God I know you aren't

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220097825.html

Worth a read

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I have seen that sort of stuff, I just don't know if anything is turning it into actual accusations, or if it's purely dumb internet people going "he fucks kids! I saw a video where he was awkward! he ate a cheese pizza! gottem!" q-anon type stuff. Like is there anything out there that is actual accusations or anything?

No one has ever accused him of anything improper. He has some creepy huggy grandpa poo poo going on

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Stick around, the world needs you in it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
man this Roger Stone hearing sure does sound like things federal judges enjoy hearing and dealing with

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

That seems . . . good? Is that .. . . justice. . . I smell on the wind? I'd forgotten . . .

specifically in regards to this you're unlikely to get anything of note on acosta, he's probably bulletproof. the victims and the feds have ~15 days to hash out some sort of agreement to both parties according to the judge

epstein may face more jail time because guess what! sex trafficking has no expiration date for criminal prosecution and just going by the plea arguments there's probably a case there.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

PT6A posted:

https://twitter.com/CharlieGileNBC/status/1098675682522091520

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Rodger Stone, 30 seconds from now, will try to get the judge to find him criminally insane.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm pretty worried about Epstein getting killed before he can narc on all his rich and powerful friends tbh. If the justice department ends up pushing this it's going to end up being "too big to fail" territory only instead of banks it'll be rich powerful men. I would like to see justice prevail here but I won't be holding my breath.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1098676259146604544?s=19

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

So stone is straight lying out of his rear end directly to the judge in federal court? Lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

saintonan posted:

There are probably other victims to get Epstein with, and for sure Epstein isn't the only predator. From this case I want the prosecutors, especially Acosta, in jail, so that the next batch of US attorneys isn't as likely to cut similar deals.

Read the article I linked, it's basically all laid out and ready to go as soon as an interested prosecutor decides to take it on. Epstein has hundreds of victims who all tell the same story and they're pretty much trivial to track down.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Roger Stone is stuffing his whole foot in his mouth while he tries to call himself an idiot and he is going to get in trouble for it lmao

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Crabtree posted:

Rodger Stone, 30 seconds from now, will try to get the judge to find him criminally insane.

Exhibit A: A Nixon tattoo on his back

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The balls on this loving guy..

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1098676026178224130

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Seriouspost, I'm virtually certain that will be Trump's defense if he ever does actually see the inside of a courtroom.

it's unironically and explicitly one of Team Trump's main defenses regarding the treason meeting

"we tried to collude with Russia, but we were too dumb to understand the emissary's hints about a quid pro quo and stormed out of the meeting in anger and confusion, whereupon the plan fell through"

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

“If I ask for a do-over, can we just forget this whole “stealing an election” nonsense?”

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
How is he so bad at this?

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1098676843685777408

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Koalas March posted:

I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for you and TB I'd still be suffering from a really bad case of White Fragility and I just want you to know you've made a big difference to me and a lot of other posters. So thank you, and don't go anywhere. :ohdear:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

PT6A posted:

Back when we were trying to figure out the Corsi/Stone feud, I summed it up as "Stone is smart but also stupid, and Corsi is stupid but also stupid".

Roger Stone is a very clever man, which is why he is trying to explain to a federal judge why he didn't maybe probably kind of post a picture threatening to assassinate her. That is a situation that stupid people don't find themselves in.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

Koalas March posted:

It does, yeah. I'm glad, personally, that you exist. And that it didn't take. You're good people KM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Really not being mentioned there is a kindness, not an insult.