Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Rov mentioned something big that he can't talk about that he hopes breaks soon (shocking, I know) in the WWE thread

Like the Watcher, he knows but is sworn not to interfere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

For example:

There have been lots of internal changes in the company Creatively the last 2 months that hasn't be reported.

Meltzer has reported why WWE has taken on so many producers and what WWE's succession plan is.

What has been the reaction from talent about the new producers.

Read an old Observer from 10 and 15 years ago

Angry Grimace posted:

So nothing then.

Please don't do this. I am not a liar.

HidaO-Win posted:

Like the Watcher, he knows but is sworn not to interfere.

Nah it isn't my business to say.

Nine of you can reply to me all at once but Meltzer promised more news than ever but we haven't got it. And there is news to report. One person's opinion and it isn't all that serious.

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 21, 2019

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Angry Grimace posted:

So nothing then.

Out on the town reporting all the scoops. They're all just out of frame.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

"there's news!!!!"

*doesn't report the news*

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Stop bitching. rovert knows who gets eliminated from Top Chef tonight and doesn't want to spoil the surprise. We should be thanking him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

"there's news!!!!"

*doesn't report the news*

Can you just drop this one? There's a decent reason why. Standard news I post here daily.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Anyway, haven't gotten round to these but they have gotten rave reviews the last two weeks

https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/1098596720571760642

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

rovert posted:

Can you just drop this one? There's a decent reason why. Standard news I post here daily.

"Meltzer is bad because he's not reporting the true scoops!"

"What scoops? I can't report on this!"

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
It's legit to say that if there is news to report. However how do we know there is news to report if nobody is reporting it? I'm not doubting you, I'm just saying in the absence of reporting, vague allusions to stuff going on bounce off us if we don't know what you are referring to in code.
Are we meant to infer from your "Becky has a hard nut" crack from earlier, that she has a head injury keeping her from wrestling? Is this becoming a David Lynch piece?

More seriously, do you think Dave has less info to distribute because WWE is considering him a hostile journalist on foot of AEWs emergence and he has seriously constrained access to previous sources. Concordently with AEW settling into a war footing, are they going to ask Dave not to spread different stories that might forewarn WWE of their moves.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's about time to admit that people on here can't handle Being tipped off on the idea that something is happening but can't be entirely shared for either personal moral or professional reasons. some of us appreciate it, but it Doesn't seem worthwhile

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

rovert posted:

Anyway, haven't gotten round to these but they have gotten rave reviews the last two weeks

I really enjoyed last weeks one, it had some very clear headed critique of WWEs TV product and why it sucks, but it wasn't just the standard complaints. He was pointing out how bad it was for a new viewer, how you had no idea who anyone was and how the commentary was too busy shilling to introduce people.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HidaO-Win posted:

More seriously, do you think Dave has less info to distribute because WWE is considering him a hostile journalist on foot of AEWs emergence and he has seriously constrained access to previous sources. Concordently with AEW settling into a war footing, are they going to ask Dave not to spread different stories that might forewarn WWE of their moves.

Nah he has just lost a lot of sources over the last 5-20 years and never cultivated more. Read old newsletters or listen to his Eyada shows. Whether it be JR, Cornette or the litany of WWE Creative team members in 2000s that used give him info. I thought not writing the Observer would, in fact, free him up to do more reporting. But listen to the Raw and Smackdown reviews this week just lots of speculation and few concrete facts or insights like he used to have. Also, the DIY are the new Basham Brothers is completely maddening without getting into future NXT spoilers. It is clear his NXT sources ain't the best either.

I like Dave and the audio. I am not planning to unsubscribe. Please don't get pissy at me for just giving my opinion as a long time subscriber.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave also has info that he doesn't report on. On the lastest WOR, he touches on knowing more about the potential AEW TV deals than what's been said publicly so far.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Incessant Excess posted:

Dave also has info that he doesn't report on. On the lastest WOR, he touches on knowing more about the potential AEW TV deals than what's been said publicly so far.

I wish he had the level of WWE sources he has with AEW.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Nah he has just lost a lot of sources over the last 5-20 years and never cultivated more. Read old newsletters or listen to his Eyada shows. Whether it be JR, Cornette or the litany of WWE Creative team members in 2000s that used give him info. I thought not writing the Observer would, in fact, free him up to do more reporting. But listen to the Raw and Smackdown reviews this week just lots of speculation and few concrete facts or insights like he used to have. Also, the DIY are the new Basham Brothers is completely maddening without getting into future NXT spoilers. It is clear his NXT sources ain't the best either.

I like Dave and the audio. I am not planning to unsubscribe. Please don't get pissy at me for just giving my opinion as a long time subscriber.

The Bashams comparison was obviously a very loose one. That seems like a stupid nit to pick here.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Bashams comparison was obviously a very loose one. That seems like a stupid nit to pick here.

It should not have even been comparable. NXT is executing the same storyline with no change to the original plan. Neither Bryan and Dave seem to actually watch and follow NXT TV. They've tagged this year before they did on Raw.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the wwe isnt newsworthy because no pro wrestling news ever happens there

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
They barely watch Smackdown, let alone NXT.

No idea why they spend upwards of an hour on the Tuesday show covering the absolute worst show WWE produces in minute detail, then just ramble through SD and NXT results on the Thursday show and get half of them wrong or mixed up. I've stopped listening to the Tuesday WOR show at this point, I have no interest in hearing Bryan whine and squeal about stuff on RAW and then not even mention all the good stuff on SD/NXT because neither even watched it. I feel like I've listened to eps where they spend more time recapping Being the Elite than an entire SD episode.

At least Dave watches 205 Live, god bless him, and calls out whenever it has a good match.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Hopefully when he can type again and can put it in the newsletter 20 minutes of each show won't be news about WWE TV ratings. I can find that on my own, I can't find news about Seth Rollins' spine (which has been shattered into a dozen pieces taking a shoot F5).

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

rovert posted:

it was a good show, and i recommend it. i'm glad he brings up the insane amount of commercials and product placement, that's usually the first criticism i hear when people i know who don't watch wrestling try to watch wwe

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Rovert, a buffoon: Dave isn't doing enough reporting on WWE.
Me, an intellectual: Dave should be doing even less reporting on WWE, because WWE sucks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I haven't been able to listen to every show but it seems like Dave is out in front of some of the bigger stories like Undertaker, Mania changes and such a bit more than he would be normally.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Who cares about the Undertaker when there was a new production hire and an unknown wrestler has unknown feelings about it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Getting you the scoops that Shave Seltzer won't.

https://twitter.com/ScrapDaddyAP/status/1098291864707522561

Adam Pierce tweeted this.

Maybe it means something.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE agent tweeting about someone being easily replaced soon after Tye says he wants his release

The Dillinger Escape Plan

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE agent tweeting about someone being easily replaced soon after Tye says he wants his release

It isn't about Tye at all.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Chris James 2 posted:

:perfect:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol is Becky out of the mania match?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It's about Lio Rush.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol is Becky out of the mania match?

Do you really think that would be a secret scoop nobody would know about? That would be literally the biggest wrestling story since Roman having cancer.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tato posted:

No idea why they spend upwards of an hour on the Tuesday show covering the absolute worst show WWE produces in minute detail, then just ramble through SD and NXT results on the Thursday show and get half of them wrong or mixed up. I've stopped listening to the Tuesday WOR show at this point, I have no interest in hearing Bryan whine and squeal about stuff on RAW and then not even mention all the good stuff on SD/NXT because neither even watched it. I feel like I've listened to eps where they spend more time recapping Being the Elite than an entire SD episode.

At least Dave watches 205 Live, god bless him, and calls out whenever it has a good match.

why would they spent more time on the WWE's B and C-tier shows when their A show is such a miserable awful experience

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

why would they spent more time on the WWE's B and C-tier shows when their A show is such a miserable awful experience

It's their job

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Alvarez definitely watches Smackdown because he complains about it from when he watches it all the way through the end of whatever the last F4D he puts out that week is.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

Some weeks we are getting two days of Smackdown recaps on WOR and doesn't Filthy Tom still recap it? How much B show content do you need. I can also guarantee you Dave watches Smackdown.

NXT is covered on the B&V show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Why does that apply to you and not Dave, then?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Why does that apply to you and not Dave, then?

Who said I did? I certainly didn't. I can respect Meltzer for holding off on this particular story. Wait a few days. In the interim let's talk about podcasts and stuff.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the "i'm gonna getcha this time rovert" crowd needs to cool it. poo poo's tired.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

coconono posted:

the "i'm gonna getcha this time rovert" crowd needs to cool it. poo poo's tired.

rovert is tired

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

idgaf who the first person to post scoops are, either drop news or everyone shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

coconono posted:

it's so pathetic lol