Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Medullah posted:

Same, I feel like it'll be the final victory that makes all the frustration I've had throughout the years worth it.

Sero has saved me AT LEAST $25 a month if not more for the last 12 years or so. Any frustration I personally have had has been worth it many times over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

LorneReams posted:

Sero has saved me AT LEAST $25 a month if not more for the last 12 years or so. Any frustration I personally have had has been worth it many times over.

It did for me, for the most part. I saw a number of plans over the last few years that were similar in price but the peace of mind of not having to worry about data when streaming music at work or Netflix so the gym made it a no brainer to stick with it

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Same here. Since 2006 I have enjoyed Sero, Muscled through the old 3G and early 4G days, but overall can't complain about the Price vs Value. Hell I keep telling my family to get off their stupid Verizon plan from the stone ages that still has like a 6G limit between all of them that they regularly are blowing over now.

Going to be really interesting come T-Sprint days, but it has been pretty good so far and if they are going through the trouble to convert all SERO to SWAC, the I assume things may stay like that for a while at least (3 years at least it looks lol).

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I can't wait to see what they decide for data caps on 5G plans. My hunch is we'll hardly see a budge (from all the big telecoms). You'll cap out in 1 hour.

I've been on a stream watching kick and I'm pulling over 200GB per month on my sero.

I get 55-80 mb/s down and 3-6 mb/s up at my location.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
That Sprint rewards app currently has a $5 Starbucks coupon.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yep. Grab it while you can. They ran out of pizza on me last month.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I looked after it was posted by Harminoff and didn't see it, and still don't see it.

svenkatesh
Sep 5, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Cage posted:

I looked after it was posted by Harminoff and didn't see it, and still don't see it.

:same:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

SERO -> SWAC update!

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Employee-Programs-Knowledgebase/SOLUTION-I-m-on-SERO-can-I-be-converted-to-SWAC/ta-p/1033393

quote:

Question

I'm on an old SERO plan. I know that plan is expired but you now have the SWAC plan and I have heard that some SERO customers are getting converted to SWAC. Can I do that too?

Answer

If you are an existing customer on a SERO plan and interested in switching to a new plan, please dial *2 from your Sprint phone. An Employee Accounts team member will review options for the best fit plan, including our new Advantage plans for friends and family members. SMARTeam members who respond to customers on these forums don't have access to SERO accounts, but the Employee Accounts Group (*2 on your Sprint phone) will be happy to assist you.

edit: This PDF has the most correct details about the SWAC plans:
https://sprint.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2689

This PDF has details about other benefits of SWAC (waived upgrade/activation fee, 25% accessory discount, etc), but has some errors in the plan details table (the MHS/P2P/VPN limits in the fine print should be the same as the hotspot data):
https://www.sprint.com/content/dam/sprint/north-america/usa/en/advantage-club/swac-overview-guide-11-1-18%20mgh.pdf

astral fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 18, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm tempted to make the call but with my Sprint luck lately I'm just going to see how it shakes out for some other people.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So what's the drawback on switching? Is it truly unlimited data?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Harminoff posted:

So what's the drawback on switching? Is it truly unlimited data?

1080p video content might get throttled under the $30/mo plan; music throttled to 1.5 Mbps, 'gaming streams'(whatever that means) throttled to 8mbps. Hotspot/VPN/P2P reduced to 3G speeds after 50GB/mo.

After 50GB of any data you get deprioritized, which should be the same under SERO.

Unlike SERO (or at least unlike how SERO used to be; not sure if it's been reduced), it looks like you don't get unlimited data roaming with SWAC, only 100MB. However, with the recent T-Mobile roaming agreement it should be less of an issue. Depends on area, of course.

But you do get free Tidal and a significantly cheaper price than SERO-P 500. If you bump up to the $50/mo SWAC plan, you get higher allowances and it sounds like no stream throttling, Amazon Prime is included, and you also get 2 $10 Uber discount codes (can't be used for UberEATS) each month for a year.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

You get Hulu with the premium plan too, don't you?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Medullah posted:

You get Hulu with the premium plan too, don't you?

You get Hulu with SERO, the $30 SWAC, and the $50 SWAC.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Starbucks offer finally showed up in my app!

rhombus
Apr 20, 2002

astral posted:

SERO -> SWAC update!

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Employee-Programs-Knowledgebase/SOLUTION-I-m-on-SERO-can-I-be-converted-to-SWAC/ta-p/1033393

edit: This PDF has the most correct details about the SWAC plans:
https://sprint.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2689

This PDF has details about other benefits of SWAC (waived upgrade/activation fee, 25% accessory discount, etc), but has some errors in the plan details table (the MHS/P2P/VPN limits in the fine print should be the same as the hotspot data):
https://www.sprint.com/content/dam/sprint/north-america/usa/en/advantage-club/swac-overview-guide-11-1-18%20mgh.pdf

This sounds so great, but I'm scared...

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

rhombus posted:

This sounds so great, but I'm scared...

Yeah. I haven't seen any deprioritization with my $50 Sero plan at my location, and I'm averaging well over a hundred gigabytes per month. I know I won't be able to keep this plan most probably, but I want to ride the gravy train all the way up until the last day.

The swac $50 plan with free Amazon Prime would be insane, but I highly doubt they're going to give that to Sero users. They're going to offer swac $30 plan at best.

Do I have to get on Reddit to read about this? Dang it.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

moolchaba posted:

Yeah. I haven't seen any deprioritization with my $50 Sero plan at my location, and I'm averaging well over a hundred gigabytes per month. I know I won't be able to keep this plan most probably, but I want to ride the gravy train all the way up until the last day.

You'll only see the effects of deprioritization if your tower is congested.

quote:

The swac $50 plan with free Amazon Prime would be insane, but I highly doubt they're going to give that to Sero users. They're going to offer swac $30 plan at best.

You get migrated to the $30 one but you can swap from $30 swac to $50 swac whenever.

edit:

Cage posted:

Starbucks offer finally showed up in my app!

In case anyone else was wondering, you don't get an extra if you already redeemed this last week. ;)

astral fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 19, 2019

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I elect someone else other than myself with a SERO premium plan to find out about the swac switch firsthand and reporting back to this thread.

If your plan gets borked over in the process, I'll give you my $5 Starbucks code to make up for it.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Suck. I switched from sero last year for hotspot. I should have just toughed it out.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Now I feel super guilty for getting my dad off SERO for Google Fi...

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I really want this, but I'm 100% afraid of losing SERO by accident. Is there a fool-proof way of getting this. Too many stories of people getting "accidentally" taken off of SERO and told it's absolutely impossible to get back on.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
I called yesterday, and while it took annoying long for the rep to triple-check my info over a bad audio connection, she knew exactly what I was talking about when I requested converting my SERO to a Wireless Advantage Club premium acct. She filled out/submitted a form for me (which I received afterward via email; all looks in order), and it will supposedly convert in 3-5 business days...

astral
Apr 26, 2004

LorneReams posted:

I really want this, but I'm 100% afraid of losing SERO by accident. Is there a fool-proof way of getting this. Too many stories of people getting "accidentally" taken off of SERO and told it's absolutely impossible to get back on.

It's not impossible, especially if you contact Employee Care quickly if/when it happens. They will take care of you. If not, my experience with the executive office the other month (for a different issue; I'd actually contacted them asking what was going on with the SERO->SWAC migrations since I was getting conflicting answers from chat/phone/email support) was startlingly pleasant.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

ryanbruce posted:

Now I feel super guilty for getting my dad off SERO for Google Fi...

I did literally the same thing :(

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Can or has anyone that has talked to Sprint recently about SWAC, possibly question to see if there is any way to get more Domestic Roaming in the event you go over that 100MB limit?

Out of all things since you can roam out of the country at High Speed and then just be throttled, but when you are within the US, and yet in a place where you have to use Verizon Towers, you are at the mercy of SERO's 300MB cap now, or SWAC's 100MB one with just a hard cutoff after that? That just seems pretty bad.

I called when I went to Alaska to see if I could get it increased for my time there, but nobody I talked to seemed to be able to do anything. Trying to fit my entire time there on 300MB and what little WiFi I could find was a challenge. 100MB is going to be downright pointless.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away

WoG posted:

I called yesterday, and while it took annoying long for the rep to triple-check my info over a bad audio connection, she knew exactly what I was talking about when I requested converting my SERO to a Wireless Advantage Club premium acct. She filled out/submitted a form for me (which I received afterward via email; all looks in order), and it will supposedly convert in 3-5 business days...

Same. It was actually painless. I was told I could add another line at same cost too (up to 6). So my question now is can I port a Sprint number into my account? If so, that would be great.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

thisdude23 posted:

Same. It was actually painless. I was told I could add another line at same cost too (up to 6). So my question now is can I port a Sprint number into my account? If so, that would be great.

Someone else's Sprint number? You could do a transfer of liability.

e:
https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/account-and-billing/customer-instructions-for-change-of-ownership.html

astral fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 22, 2019

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

WoG posted:

Update: happened today, 3 days later. My phone's profile updated, followed by some texts and an email about the change. The website reflects the correct plan, hotspot works already, yada yada. Entirely easier than expected.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

So how solid is that more than one line thing? I could possibly bring my whole family out their stupid expensive Verizon plan.

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Tried the SERO conversion thing. Sat on hold for half hour while he “worked silently” on my migration. He came back. Gave me a website to fill out a conversion form. Address was wrong. Phone call got disconnected. Call back. Next guy says it’s better to do it in store. GUESS IM STAYING ON SERO AWHILE LONGER.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

flickmaker posted:

Tried the SERO conversion thing. Sat on hold for half hour while he “worked silently” on my migration. He came back. Gave me a website to fill out a conversion form. Address was wrong. Phone call got disconnected. Call back. Next guy says it’s better to do it in store. GUESS IM STAYING ON SERO AWHILE LONGER.

Sounds like you won the 'misinformed rep' lottery twice. It might help to ask them to check for newer information if they don't seem familiar with it since it's more of a recent thing.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

astral posted:

Sounds like you won the 'misinformed rep' lottery twice. It might help to ask them to check for newer information if they don't seem familiar with it since it's more of a recent thing.

For the record EPRP plans are apparently not eligible, but I did get a 50 dollar bill credit thanks to the amount of time it took them to find an answer for me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Welp, I emailed SEROEscalations@sprint.com to see if they had any details on what it takes to swap from SERO to SWAC (because I hate calling) and within a day got a response that they migrated me over. I'm sure something terrible is coming for me because my luck with Sprint is normally never this good.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Anyone who's swapped over have anything to say about it? Good? Bad? Meh?

Also are you upgrading to the $50 premium one or just staying on the $30 plan?

Also, I know we can't add lines to a SERO plan, but is there any way to invite others to SWAC once we are on it?

EdEddnEddy fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 8, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

EdEddnEddy posted:

Also, I know we can't add lines to a SERO plan, but is there any way to invite others to SWAC once we are on it?

They swapped me to the $30 but gave me the option to go to $50 so I asked, hasn't been applied yet. Worth it to me for the free Prime and supposedly a $20 Uber credit per month for a year.

It looks like you can add a line to your account with SWAC, but it's not really "inviting" people

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

EdEddnEddy posted:

I've been on the $50 SERO plan forever, so no change.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I’m on the $30 SWAC plan since I have no use for Uber codes. If I wanted prime, I could pay for it separately and still come out ahead. Premium is a great deal if you would make use of both though.

That said, I would 100% switch to premium next time I visit Canada; unlimited LTE would be excellent.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Spotted a $2 Amazon GC in the Sprint Rewards app. Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

astral posted:

Spotted a $2 Amazon GC in the Sprint Rewards app. Nice!

Nice! I had it too.