Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Alder posted:

I figured it would be a better hobby than collecting 1,000 widgets in ffxiv. Mostly sad how so few otome games are localized and that vita has died how there's fewer games for everyone. Eventually, I want to read JPN novels so less interested in writing/speaking parts. Also, I'm at the age where it's like time to think of productive hobbies beyond school and working.

Writing as in handwriting isn't the most useful skill anymore, but writing as in composition and being able to speak fluently make a huge difference in comprehension so do keep that in mind, because a lot of people think they can just memorize kanji and vocab and that's all there is to a language and they are sorely mistaken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All the games that would have been on Vita have just moved to the Switch

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Writing as in handwriting isn't the most useful skill anymore, but writing as in composition and being able to speak fluently make a huge difference in comprehension so do keep that in mind, because a lot of people think they can just memorize kanji and vocab and that's all there is to a language and they are sorely mistaken

Alright, I admit it's partially since I'm super introverted so I find convos already awk. I'll keep it in mind as I make some more flashcards and read my textbooks.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Alder posted:

Alright, I admit it's partially since I'm super introverted so I find convos already awk. I'll keep it in mind as I make some more flashcards and read my textbooks.

:yeah:

Written language is ultimately a tool to record and represent spoken language, and even if you don't use speaking much outside of practice, it'll help your brain connect things, understand why people choose the words they do, pick up on subtleties and analyze things better. You can get a long way with just listening but yeah it helps you think different. Good luck studying!

v There definitely doesn't seem to be any sort of formal consensus about a "best" way to learn a language... exposure to lots and lots of native material is important, but feedback is also important for mastery. A combination of everything with greater focus on the areas you want to use most is probably the best return on time though.

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 10, 2019

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
A big help for learning a language is also TV. I got told by my german teacher in school that watching shows and films on german tv was one of the best ways to pick up the language, because they're all dubbed over into german, and the voices are all nicely pronounced since it's a dubover rather than straight acting.

It worked great for me. For japanese though, not german. :v:

Any way you go about it though, maximizing input is the best way to acquire a language:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_EQDtpYSNM

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Once upon a time maybe, but now I feel that 99% of the VNs that I would actually be interested in are already translated. Mahoutsukai no Yoru is the only one that immediately comes to mind as being a big glaring hole, and even that it's hard to feel upset over given that it's supposedly an incomplete story that T-M is in no rush to finish.

I don't personally even care if Mahoutsukai's story is poo poo (I'm not implying you're implying so). It just does things audiovisually I never thought I'd see VNs do and creates some incredible atmosphere. I mean it's technically feasible to take things further without being straight out animation or CGI/3d animation but it's pretty darn impressive.

I never imagined I'd be hyped about longwindedly charging a magical bullet.

Dessel fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 11, 2019

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Finished Episode 7 of Umineko That was it? What the hell WAS that? What a strange episode. I had long since given up getting any real answers. I get it, this game doesn't care about the mystery it's about "more" than that. Still, for a while this episode gave me some hope for answers. Alas, it was not to be. There was that final battle, between a man I barely know and a woman that I'm not sure even exists, where answers ALMOST happened but "thankfully" we got out of there without anything definitive. I can't believe that in 7 episodes, like 150 hours and 6 billion words not a single person can just stand there and plainly say what happened. I liked the end everyone was like "well we all know what happened no need to show or say it". They even did this whole flashback of the events, with these chapters slowly building towards a reveal and didn't even show the good stuff! Ah well. Will was pretty cool at least.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That's basically all the information the original VN gives you regarding the solution of the mystery. I'd suggest discussing your interpretation before proceeding, arriving at the correct answer and realizing you can now solve all the mysteries easily is a truly rewarding experience IMO.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

There are some literal interpretations about about Will's, uh, mythbusting you might want to check after you've finished the game.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Finished Episode 7 of Umineko That was it? What the hell WAS that? What a strange episode. I had long since given up getting any real answers. I get it, this game doesn't care about the mystery it's about "more" than that. Still, for a while this episode gave me some hope for answers. Alas, it was not to be. There was that final battle, between a man I barely know and a woman that I'm not sure even exists, where answers ALMOST happened but "thankfully" we got out of there without anything definitive. I can't believe that in 7 episodes, like 150 hours and 6 billion words not a single person can just stand there and plainly say what happened. I liked the end everyone was like "well we all know what happened no need to show or say it". They even did this whole flashback of the events, with these chapters slowly building towards a reveal and didn't even show the good stuff! Ah well. Will was pretty cool at least.

The game really wants you to find the answers yourself, to the point where it openly mocks readers who want to have the answers plainly stated to them. The answers are there; you just have to find them.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Eh, maybe that's what the story is going for, but I don't know. It feels less like "solve the mystery yourself" and more "the mystery doesn't matter".

(Umineko Epiosde 7 spoilers)

Everything seems pretty meaningless now. There’s no end goal, there’s no objectives or any stakes. I’m not even sure who is still around or not. Characters or different versions of characters pop in or out with no real reason.

I think right now my feelings are.... this game wants to look beyond the mystery, beyond answers for something "more", but what more it has isn't all that interesting? Like by in large the characters.... just aren't THAT good? I mean, there are standouts but like a large part of the cast not only never develop, but CAN'T develop. It's weird. The deconstructing of the mystery genre is interesting on a theoretical level, but it's not really something I can get invested in. And it's not like just getting the answers would make everything better. I'm not sure what I would want, honestly.

I get the feeling that Umineko would turn its nose to something like Danganronpa, and yet for as silly and juvenile as that series can be there's a lot it does better.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The game isn't saying the mystery doesn't matter, the game is saying mystery at the expense of character is kinda wrong. I never get how people arrive at the former take, the story is clearly invested in its own mystery deeply.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Identifying who the central character truly is and what their motivations are is the mystery.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
"Without heart, it cannot be seen" is Umineko's central theme and I would say that Danganronpa makes very little effort to do something similar nature with its story/mystery, so that sense at least I do agree with you.

Would you say that you at least are reasonably clear as to the relationship between Yasu/Shannon/Kanon/Lion by the end of EP7?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Identifying who the central character truly is and what their motivations are is the mystery.

Yeah.
Like the whole thing basically comes down to like, traditional mystery narrative vs character in a way but like, even then like the game is still interested in the former and you can still engage with the game on that level, its just saying "yo this is what the game is actually about with the later"

I worded that poorly.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Seems to be that (Umineko Ep. 7 spoilers) Shannon is probably the killer, her motive somewhat revolving around the fact that Battler didn't remember the promise he made (or rather, that there was actually no real promise to begin with). She has multiple personalities, which is where Yasu and Clair and Beatrice come from. It's pretty laid out who Lion is, nothing crazy. I DO like the little anti-twist around Battler. There was something brought up in Episode 4 about the Battler we've been following being a fake. The evidence being 1. He didn't remember whatever it was that he did to Beatrice and 2. His mother isn't Asumu (Amusu?). It turns out there was no real or fake Battler, Battler didn't remember what Beatrice was talking about because it was a throwaway conversation from years ago that Shannon put too much stock in. The mystery over his mother was coincidental. The idea of Beatrice/Shannon reconciling Battler not knowing the promise by deluding themselves into thinking he's fake is very interesting.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I think you're maybe still missing another layer of motive

As for any sort of "why does it even all matter" or what are the stakes at hand I think ep 8 makes that slightly more clear

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 13, 2019

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

to lay things out more explicitly (spoilers for all of Umineko) Yasu is the mastermind. They don't really have multiple personalities - they have multiple personas. Shannon, for instance, is basically their "service industry voice" but made an entire person. Their "furniture" complex stems from the injuries they got when Natsuhi tried to murder them - specifically, some very unethical surgeries Nanjo did that resulted in them being raised as female. Because of this, they don't think they have any chance of a happy life with George; even discounting all the ways George is a lovely human being. They're also heavily traumatized by being forced to "forgive" Kinzo; along with the knowledge that they are Battler/George's cousin-aunt.

Basically it boils down to - gently caress the entire Ushiromiya family, gently caress the servants who played along with Kinzo, they're going to bring everyone down in a murder-suicide that will also lock away the truth; so no one ever knows that Shannon was anything other than George's loving fiancee. Battler complicates things but it's made pretty clear that an incident would have happened with or without his involvement.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Seems to be that (Umineko Ep. 7 spoilers) Shannon is probably the killer, her motive somewhat revolving around the fact that Battler didn't remember the promise he made (or rather, that there was actually no real promise to begin with). She has multiple personalities, which is where Yasu and Clair and Beatrice come from. It's pretty laid out who Lion is, nothing crazy. I DO like the little anti-twist around Battler. There was something brought up in Episode 4 about the Battler we've been following being a fake. The evidence being 1. He didn't remember whatever it was that he did to Beatrice and 2. His mother isn't Asumu (Amusu?). It turns out there was no real or fake Battler, Battler didn't remember what Beatrice was talking about because it was a throwaway conversation from years ago that Shannon put too much stock in. The mystery over his mother was coincidental. The idea of Beatrice/Shannon reconciling Battler not knowing the promise by deluding themselves into thinking he's fake is very interesting.
You're not wrong about any of this, but there's a lot more to it. (Umineko 7 spoiler) To start with: remember that "Shannon" was not the first, and that the name is a fake one used only for work. Before "Shannon" existed there was someone else - a character who is the very heart of the series, but who we never directly see.

There's also a very important Kanon related question to get to the bottom of.

e: if you want to go back and solve the earlier mysteries I think it's also very important to remember that this person already solved the epitaph and is thus the true head of the family with access to 10 tonnes of gold and the clock before the gameboard even begins. This is what grants them the power to carry out their plans.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 13, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-nvm

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Interesting. I should just get to Episode 8 soon. Hell I'm only halfway through the Episode 7 tea party (if that), maybe it's too early to be writing things off right now.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There is also a section of the manga that explains everything in explicit detail if you want to read that after you've finished the VN.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"
If you have not played it, I would really recommend Banshee’s Last Cry. I think it was one of the first big console VNs and in my opinion aesthetically very cool. The story is a bit of a simple mystery but once you solve the mystery different paths are unlocked, taking the story into really bizarre places.

There used to be a very good iOS version but they haven’t updated it.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I finished Chaos;Child. I thought it was good and certainly scratched my pseudo-science/SF VN itch, but not really close to the level of Steins;Gate good.

klapman posted:

Still confused as to why they didn't have the alternative routes take place during the sensory deprivation sequence. It seemed like such an obvious place for it to me! As is they just feel bizarre and nonsensical. Arimura's in particular is bad because everything that happens in it is sparked by Hana's delusion, and I went for Arimura's first so I was completely lost.

With how the story is structured, I don't understand why the other endings need to be seen before the True Ending unlocks. Usually there's a justification behind it, but honestly from what I recall everything past the common route ending is just ??? tier. Even the common route ending doesn't make sense, given that the true route is in complete contradiction to it.

The route structuring just seems like they were trying to follow the standard "complete everything else before you can access the final ending" VN formula. At the very least, I guess it makes sense for Nono's to be mandatory since you get the Nono = Senri reveal, and she shows up as Senri in the true end. I did like the True Ending, but yeah, it was disappointing that nothing from the alternate routes tied into it at all, and there wasn't any need to make them required.

I also read Arimura's route before Hana's, but that order worked fine to me as a teaser for Hana actually being a psychic. And in hindsight, I still think whether or not Arimura seeing her brother is really due to Hana's power or just from Arimura going crazy, is left open to interpretation? I was under the impression that for it to actually be due to Hana's power, two people would have to "see" Arimura's brother for the delusion to stick. But even after Arimura tells Takuru about seeing her brother (which I think would meet the "echo" condition of Hana's power), Takuru still doesn't see the brother when Arimura does. This might just be me reaching though.

I do agree that they could have just left out the entire post-credits hospital breakout scene from the common ending, but I didn't really see it as a big deal that it contradicts the true ending. Since all of the science adventure VN's are supposed to be in the same universe, you could easily just hand wave it by saying it's an alternate world line possibility where Takuru doesn't successfully wipe her memories.

edit: also, for anyone that hasn't read Steins;Gate yet, or is like me and re-buy's poo poo too often, S;G Elite (the remaster w/integrated scenes from the anime or something like that) releases this week on PS4/Steam/Switch. The Switch version includes the 8-bit ADV minigame, and PS4/Steam come with Linear Bounded Phenogram. Which is real unfortunate because I'd prefer to read a VN on Switch, but I actually want the Linear Bounded Phenogram stories...

astr0man fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 17, 2019

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Uhh, so I thought the latest chapter of Higurashi I played was the one that began with up to CH5 spoilers Shion's POV but I have *zero* recollection of the the detective arc and I swear I have a weird recollection of reading VN from Satoshi's POV or meeting him. What's up? Guess I'll play Chapter 4 next...

I also took some notes of my reactions throughout revisiting the game with the anime that I may post later. I know it's bad but I'm not going to replay 3+ chapters of the game to refresh my memory when I originally played the old version of the game that can't be fan patched 5 years ago, so using anime for that purpose is fine in my book.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Playing the fan patched version of Higurashi chapter 4 was worth it. I appreciate the pov being an adult and that the chapter was fairly brief, so the creepy moments were fairly freaquent Sadly I've been spoiled that there is some sort of (complete Higurashi spoilers?) time fuckery involved in the story so figuring out that Rika either is occasionally her "future" self or can see into the future is trivial.

continuing chapter 4 spoilers: I'm wondering if Rika saying the citizens of Hinamizawa can't live anywhere else is actually literal somehow.

Overall thoughts about revisiting the series via the anime up to chapter 4:

- What was Rena actually doing in the garbage dump in the beginning? Seems weird
- There's a line about seeing Keeichi for the first time in a long while which makes no sense. Is something up with that?
- I think Mion said "it's nice to be young".... But isn't she herself young?
- How does Takano know Keeichi's name when they first meet?
- Why the hell does Ooishi go into such detail about Tomitake's death to a literal child?
- Why is there a need of a person who doesn't believe in curses (according to Ooishi)
- What's up with Keeichi's "flu shot"?
- There's an overriding theme of Keeichi's actions feeling possessed even though they supposedly make sense.
- While the girls seem to have two whatever personalities, the "possessed"/evil version doesn't seem 100% consistently malicious to the pov character so far, which is intriguing in its own right.
- Mion's/Reina's reactions and about Keeichi seeming to know more than he should are priceless.
- Which leads to me to wonder why the girls are so "focused" on having "a normal friendship" with Keeichi or something.
- Why the gently caress is Mion carrying something that looks like a pistol in a holster?
- ....There's a Beatrice doll? (I guess this is a more like a reference in Umineko.... And that reminds me to not look at stuff from the lens of how the story was in Umineko, since this is s different piece of work.
- Seeing Shion knows how Mion addressed Keeichi must mean they interact with each other.
- Takano seems weirdly mischievous/evil on starting the series of event leading them to the forbidden storage room
- Did Takano really die? Just a mention of a burned up body. (Umineko approach showing up here)
- Similarly to reactions about Keeichi supposedly knowing too much Reina's anger about Ooishi endangering Keeichi are delicious
- Did Takano break the fourth wall between routes or something by asking "You still can't remember me?" on first meeting.
- Maybe it's the anime's pacing but Keeichi seems to know stuff he shouldn't within a particular route.
- Rika using terms like "protective custody" seems weirdly eloquent to me and it seems to be happening outside "creepy possession moments"
- Keeichi's mum deconstructing the mystery genre is hilarious coming from Umineko
- On that note the anime never showing Keeichi's mum's face and never his dad at all (and the VN never showing sprites I guess?) is disturbing. Wonder if there's any significance to this?
- Keeichi seems to be some sort of genius? Does this have larger signifigance?
- Maybe the others DID meet up with Keeichi while Keeichi was doing murdering
- Some sort of parallel world theory with this and the footsteps?

Overall I really like (overall spoilers so far) the weird vibe the VN is going for with the sense that the pov characters are "outsiders" but somehow involved, as if suffering from amnesia. And the fact the evil within the story is not 100% malicious and has some sort of vested interest towards the pov characters. You also get a weird vibe of feeling guilty over something you haven't actually done.

Chapter 5 is rather unappealing to me since I can't get into Shion as a POV character. I do notice that the production quality with regards to music has clearly increased. I do hope things pick up from here on.

Are the console specific bonus routes worth playing after chapter 5? There seem to be a few that make sense playing after chapter 4. Not going to lie, one of the premises being trying to avoid weird/supernatural shenanigans as Keeichi leading to bad poo poo sounds super appealing.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dessel posted:

- I think Mion said "it's nice to be young".... But isn't she herself young?
-Why the gently caress is Mion carrying something that looks like a pistol in a holster?

I don't want to comment on most of your post because they will almost all be addressed in time, but this at least is just a character quirk of her's and/or something she does to try to break the ice with the clubmembers. I think it's brought up very early on in the VN. And the gun is just a weird character design choice that is never commented upon.

As for the console-exclusive routes I can't really comment too much as I don't have much experience with them (most never got translated). However the various anime routes that came out after the fact were garbage and to be honest the story wraps up in such a way that extra stories feel really extraneous to me from the outside looking in. That said Saikoroshi-hen, which is an arc that came out with the first official fandisc, has some interesting meta tidbits that would later factor into Umineko in a way (and do have some further character depth exploration for a few of the characters).

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Saikoroshi is def worth checking out as like, an epilogue. It has a fan translation

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Just finished the 3rd question arc for Umineko: Beatrice's redemption arc being a long con on Battler was amazing and made me laugh a lot. This drat story is so good and so fun. That elaborate series of red statements EVA Beatrice threw out at the end was really interesting and had me coming up with some half-baked ideas like "Battler exists and is present, but the character we think is Battler isn't really Battler" or "Battler isn't actually human." and then finally "the very premise of red statements being true is a lie." I still don't really know what to make of the whole situation, but there's clearly plenty of story to go and I'm looking forward to starting arc 4 after some rest.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Umineko is one wild ride and I guarantee the story will stay with you forever after you've finished.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

Umineko is one wild ride and I guarantee the story will stay with you forever after you've finished.

Me, going through the comic in bed to experience the story again before sleep, going "Wait how does this make sense in the first episode" :siren:full Umineko spoilers in every spoiler tag from here on :siren:

Having the scene with both Kanon and Shannon present after the first set of murders, Shannon dead on the ground and Kanon just casually there but with no real interactions besides supposedly showing a finger towards Shannon's corpse for Hideyoshi while Battler is seemingly witnessing it and ending up having to google for Will's "answers"

I guess the argument is Shannon isn't confirmed dead there.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

I don't want to comment on most of your post because they will almost all be addressed in time, but this at least is just a character quirk of her's and/or something she does to try to break the ice with the clubmembers. I think it's brought up very early on in the VN. And the gun is just a weird character design choice that is never commented upon.

Yeah, Mion's gun is just an airsoft gun. R07 thought it'd make her look cool or whatever, but it's kinda misleading so it was taken out in all the other versions of the game.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Dessel posted:

:siren:full Umineko spoilers in every spoiler tag from here on :siren:
Having the scene with both Kanon and Shannon present after the first set of murders, Shannon dead on the ground and Kanon just casually there but with no real interactions besides supposedly showing a finger towards Shannon's corpse for Hideyoshi while Battler is seemingly witnessing it and ending up having to google for Will's "answers"

I guess the argument is Shannon isn't confirmed dead there.
:siren:full Umineko spoilers here, too:siren:
There were only 5 corpses in the shed. Kanon "points to" an entirely fictional 6th corpse (this is the body that must "return to illusions") and Hideyoshi backs him up because he's being paid. Note that he specifically discourages George from taking a look for himself - this is why the other bodies had their faces destroyed. Battler definitely doesn't see the "corpse" either.

Another fun clue to note - when George asks if Shannon is wearing a ring, Hideyoshi gets stuck and obviously cannot answer. Kanon then signals that a ring is present, and again Hideyoshi backs him up. There are quite a few scenes like this where in retrospect the coaching is really obvious.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Steins;Gate Elite is weird (I've only read through the prologue). It's very cool how well the animation is integrated into a VN, and it is certainly a unique experience, but reading it mostly just makes me miss the original VN art.

For newcomers I'd still say just read the original if you have the time to read a long VN, and just watch the anime if you don't. Personally, I'm ok with the cost of rebuying it on Steam since I get Linear Bounded Phenogram with it, but in general you'd probably still be better off just waiting for the next steam sale.

I still plan on re-reading all of Elite because it's been a while since I read S;G, and because I want to see the animated versions of the alternate endings, so I'll probably make more of an effort post about it eventually.

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

That makes me mostly feel better about buying the original, and them announcing Elite around that time. Having seen the Steins;Gate anime already, I figure I'd want a different experience rather than an expanded interactive version of the anime. :shepface:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Yeah, if you’ve only seen the anime I think you’re definitely better off going with the original VN, since elite is missing some (relatively minor) content compared to the original VN, due to the alternate endings not being animated at all until now.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

So, Uchikoshi's new game has an ongoing viral marketing campaign, and uhhh, it's definitely a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMj_GtoRPoE

Watch the other videos on the channel too, it goes places.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 22, 2019

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

i reviewed C:R WM: https://knightime.net/2019/02/21/code-realize-wintertide-miracles-review/

The final conclusion to C:R series and they lived happily ever after.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

God damnit Higurashi, EP6 starting with girls in fetishistic gym outfits (I....guess they were still accurate for 80's?...) and another boring club game is the prime example why I hate this medium, includes both fetishization of young girls and lovely pacing. I'm sure the episode gets better but daamn what a bad way to start.

EP5 spoilers: I still have a little difficulty coming in terms with Shion's....Mion's?... insanity? I feel like things could've gone fine even with her sister catching her in the hallway. But when she decided to attack her sister and grandma it was over with regards to any sensible resolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Umineko Ep 4 (and by extension 3): Not remotely done yet but 1. I just want to reiterate that the ep3 redemption arc scam is quite possibly one of the greatest rug pulls I have ever experienced and 2. I now envision that at work Rosa drinks coffee out of a mug that reads "world's #1,758,230,092 mom."

edit for more episode 4 stuff: I am assuming that the bing bong counter during this scene with Krauss and Virgilia is counting the number of loser flags she's triggering. I hope so, that's too funny.

edit 2: oh my god she finally realized it hahahaha.

edit 3: Just got to the reveal as to the meaning of Maria's u-us. My heart has been ripped out and I have 4 arcs left to go, goodness gracious.

Nep-Nep fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 24, 2019