Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm surprised Ne0 lasted long enough to get a villain. It's the most boring thing I've seen in Jump in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah I really, really enjoyed this first chapter. From what I can gather, this actually started a couple of years ago and JB decided to pick it up, so I want to assume it maintains quality if it was decided to start on it at this point.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm intrigued by the painting manga, but I hope its not just a monster of the week series.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I have that set up in a browser tab to read soon. The description sounded interesting.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm surprised Ne0 lasted long enough to get a villain. It's the most boring thing I've seen in Jump in a long time.

It had a bit of a rocky start. But it certainly got better and a lot darker than I thought it would.
Kinda reminds me of Neuro: Supernatural Detective, in tone.

I mean it's going to get canned hard within about 10 chapters. Same with Chainsaw Man and Hell Warden Higuma probably.

None of those series seem to have had the impact of something like The Promised Neverland or Dr Stone.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Chainsaw Man probably isn't gonna set the world on fire, but I'm enjoying it week to week. There's a charming mundanity to its off-kilter world, and Denji's the kinda scrappy protagonist I feel like you just don't get too often in Shounen.

Higuma wasn't as bad as Ne0 but I've already forgotten to catch up on it so I'm gonna take that as a personal sign.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That being said, being able to download/read what I want off of the weekly a-la-carte is one of the best things viz has done in a long time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just wish the Shounen Jump app was better cause it's hard going from chapter to chapter.

If you have have your tablet/phone sideways while reading and reach the end of the chapter, the app goes back to vertical mode to make you choose the next chapter which, while not glaringly annoying or anything, is still jarring.

If you forget where you left off, it's a chore finding that too.

Also I dunno if it's cause I'm reading from out of the US but sometimes I'll get like, temporarily logged off or some poo poo and the vault won't be available to me, forcing me to go back to the series list before choosing the series again to make the vault chapters reappear.

Downloading is an option but I don't like downloading.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
A mangadex style bookmarking system wouldn't go amiss ether.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Since its on mangaplus I'm posting here but anyone read Nano Hazard? What did you think? i'm just on the first chapter

lol its got the first 6 chapters and then skips to chapter 15 ffs

Jose fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 12, 2019

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think manga plus gives full access to manga for free so the skip was inevitable

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That would be fine if it was available anywhere else lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't think manga plus gives full access to manga for free so the skip was inevitable

Can you get full access? I don't see anything on the site about it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The latest Eden's Zero is just the most :allears:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Shiki not staying full blown hulk is a shame.

I'm extremely wary about this arc being "sadistic" though...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
See when she said that I sort of assumed she ment this place is gonna get super Time Ate and every living NPC is gonna be SAO’d from all space and time after asserting their sapience and they’re doomed to it cause they can’t get off planet.

Though, yes, I do concede there could simply be Fairy Tale nonsense inbound.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Shiki not staying full blown hulk is a shame.

I'm extremely wary about this arc being "sadistic" though...

Yes. I'm also a little disappointed that Shiki wasn't the horse.
I expected Weiss to change genders, but I didn't expect Homura to do the same. Neat.

another Marry Grave
This getting canceled hurts so much. This is still awesome.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, after the last arc a sadism warning should be raising some enormous red flags.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If Mashima has the bigbad make a go at Weiss and makes some sort of point by accident my brain will melt.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Yes. I'm also a little disappointed that Shiki wasn't the horse.
I expected Weiss to change genders, but I didn't expect Homura to do the same. Neat.

another Marry Grave
This getting canceled hurts so much. This is still awesome.

And Another Marry Grave
I'd thought Dante was associated with the Demons, and that he was originally a plant to locate the hidden city who maybe had defected after befriending Sawyer and Rosalie. Turns out he had already defected from the side of the demons once he realized his adoptive father was the reason he became an orphan.
The pace of these chapter just reminds me that the end is nigh. But it's been a fun ride.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
And like that, Marry Grave has ended.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

:negative: Why....

For a canceled series, the ending does make me pretty happy somehow. :) Maybe because the world they lived in was such a lovely place and seeing them get back together just makes me happy.

Feels bittersweet. :unsmith:

Those spreads though. They're magnificent, it hurts seeing al those plot lines the author had planned. Also, boobeyed monster with a birdcage head. :)

I can sort of understand why it didn't take off though. It was a bit slow to start. Honestly, it's only after the flashback that you get a vague idea of where the author is going with the story.
Before that it was mostly just a guy with a headinjury randomly encountering stuff in a very messed up world.
It did immediately interest me, because I liked the art and the world seemed interesting enough, especially with sawyer there to lighten the mood.

I hope the Mangaka gets another chance for another Manga.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

when i saw the extending sword I thought it was by the Black Cat guy but i guess he'd just read that recently

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Official Jump site is updated if you want official translations for stuff that's still actively scanlated or want to check out stuff like Act Age/Jujutsu Kaisen, etc.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jujutsu kaisen is up to date on jb and I think they released it earlier today than the official stuff. at that point idk why you wouldn't just use manga plus tho

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A new chapter of Battle after 5 seconds is out and fully explains how the main characters power works

https://mangadex.org/chapter/544632/1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

A new chapter of Battle after 5 seconds is out and fully explains how the main characters power works

https://mangadex.org/chapter/544632/1

That TN at the end is pretty good.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Marry Grave deserved better

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Eden’s Zero 32

OK, yeah, that’s pretty apt for the word “sadistic”. Jesus, comic.

Edit : on a related note https://twitter.com/discoveryuk/status/1095663015674957825?s=21

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 20, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

Eden’s Zero 32

OK, yeah, that’s pretty apt for the word “sadistic”. Jesus, comic.

That wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

That wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

It certainly wasn't how Fairy Tale would use that word, that's for sure :gonk:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Majo no Kaigashuu

I have a crush on the MC so yeah going to read it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The creator of Helck has resurrected their previous series, Acaria.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

RIP Helck had a decent beginning then crashed and burned.

Also, Orient dropped the ball on the recent ch adding a female party member and I'm wondering if it's still worth reading :eyepop:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alder posted:

Also, Orient dropped the ball on the recent ch adding a female party member and I'm wondering if it's still worth reading :eyepop:

Imo the end of Helck is pretty good

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Is this where we talk about jujutsu kaisen? Cuz i'm just catching up with it and the reveal of guitar grandpa made me laugh. A lot.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Alder posted:

dropped the ball how? I'm liking it especially now we're getting musashi's backstory + how the powers work

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Jose posted:

dropped the ball how? I'm liking it especially now we're getting musashi's backstory + how the powers work

The weird moment where the manga-ka exposed the female character for no reason other than she's just a lolweirdo like what. Also, the odd set-up where it almost went into a love triangle b/c of reasons. It felt bad like what is this doing in my monster of the week manga?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Is this where we talk about jujutsu kaisen? Cuz i'm just catching up with it and the reveal of guitar grandpa made me laugh. A lot.

Guitar Grandpa is going to save everyone. Best friends are also about to wreck the tree spirit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Alder posted:

The weird moment where the manga-ka exposed the female character for no reason other than she's just a lolweirdo like what. Also, the odd set-up where it almost went into a love triangle b/c of reasons. It felt bad like what is this doing in my monster of the week manga?

oh right. all that goes away quickly at least