Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Teagan posted:

Ah, the famous break-up haircut.

I really like this. Combine with a romper, leather jacket, clomp-clomp leela boots, and take over the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Picnic Princess posted:

Extremely fuckin cute!

Speaking of changes...

I'm transforming! My Lyme treatment has made a significant impact after only a month. March was when my thyroid was malfunctioning, July I was just really sick, today I'm still quite sick but strongly on the mend. I like having eyelashes again. When I was a kid I was complimented on how long and dark and thick they were constantly, they were similar to Queen Combat's. When they disappeared I thought it was just due to aging. But they're coming back!

You look much healthier! Glad you're seeing some improvement

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

This thread is so unusual for SA. It's full of beautiful nice people being kind and thoughtful to each other. I think only Pet Island and the legendary YOSPOS cat thread are anything like this.

Maybe I'm just reading the wrong subforums though lol. I can't imagine this thread even existing back when I joined SA. I'm old.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D1E posted:

This thread is so unusual for SA. It's full of beautiful nice people being kind and thoughtful to each other. I think only Pet Island and the legendary YOSPOS cat thread are anything like this.

Maybe I'm just reading the wrong subforums though lol. I can't imagine this thread even existing back when I joined SA. I'm old.

Tbh, it got a lot better when Jastiger ate a permaban so he couldn't send creepy pms to anybody identifying as a woman.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Queen Combat posted:

Combine with a romper
No. No one should ever do this at any time for any reason.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

No. No one should ever do this at any time for any reason.

Call it a mechanics suit then.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That lipstick looks great with your complexion! I only recently learned about "orange-reds" vs "blue-reds" and I'm still trying to find a nice pink that works for me.

Oh man, there's warm and cool tones of EVERY color! If you've ever had trouble getting the right colors when you were mixing paints, there's a reasonable chance you were doing something like mixing a warm blue with a cool yellow and getting brownish instead of green. That's why you can't really mix every color unless you have warm and cool variations of all your primaries.

ART SCHOOOOL

Ignite Memories has a new favorite as of 23:47 on Feb 21, 2019

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

LingcodKilla posted:

A VentureCo Speed Suit.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Queen Combat posted:

A VentureCo Speed Suit.

My shame is so great for not remembering that.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ignite Memories posted:

Oh man, there's warm and cool tones of EVERY color! If you've ever had trouble getting the right colors when you were mixing paints, there's a reasonable chance you were doing something like mixing a warm blue with a cool yellow and getting brownish instead of green. That's why you can't really mix every color unless you have warm and cool variations of all your primaries.

ART SCHOOOOL

I'm a little bit fashion-dumb and figured out fairly quickly that as a ~winter~ I usually need to go for cool, dark colors in clothing rather than, like, hot pinks and pastels oranges, but never thought to apply it to lip color somehow :downs: my usual process for purchasing lipsticks was (and still basically is) heading to the Revlon section of CVS and going oh that looks pretty, do I already have something similar? No? TO THE REGISTER I GO

which is why I have several tubes of warm pale pinks that I am neither blonde nor blue-eyed enough to ever use

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

It's a SPEED SUIT

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm a little bit fashion-dumb and figured out fairly quickly that as a ~winter~ I usually need to go for cool, dark colors in clothing rather than, like, hot pinks and pastels oranges, but never thought to apply it to lip color somehow :downs: my usual process for purchasing lipsticks was (and still basically is) heading to the Revlon section of CVS and going oh that looks pretty, do I already have something similar? No? TO THE REGISTER I GO

which is why I have several tubes of warm pale pinks that I am neither blonde nor blue-eyed enough to ever use

I never knew makeup was so complex. This thread teaches me so much :allears:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

D1E posted:

QFT. Also, surprisingly, the TFR chat thread is pretty chill, and people are pretty dang supportive in there. It's called something like "don't mix up your coffee sock and falcon sex hat" at the moment, but was previously "captain log ain't dieing! choo choo motherfuckers!" (One of our posters was mis-diagnosed with ALS, and got the relatively good news that it wasn't ALS)

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
I'm just happy no one here recognizes me from AYB.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aschlafly posted:

lol

I once got a PM from Ozma(?) about using AYB in a post and how I was going to get probated for it if I didn't explain myself

(All Your Base)

And got told that I had a fat neck on AYB to boot.

I do, have a fat neck, but my gf took the picture when I was indisposed and I chose to post it

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Aschlafly posted:

I'm just happy people don't recognize me from AMW.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

nvm

Fender Anarchist has a new favorite as of 04:17 on Feb 22, 2019

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

got that "rushed my shower so i could be on the organizing call this evening" glow

(and the "ate like crap last week and this is the only angle where you can't see i've gained weight" face tilt)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
no rain

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 09:28 on Feb 22, 2019

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Aschlafly posted:

Or we just know enough not to mention it :v:

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Liked how I look so took a rare selfie :D

Edit fixed

LunarShadow has a new favorite as of 04:38 on Feb 22, 2019

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

you gotta link the actual image url (with .jpg) not the post url

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

I saw it but didnt quote in time, but girl you are looking good .

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Hey, that's OK. You're looking great, and self-love is individual. I look forward to more pics later, if/when you decide to :D

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

you looked fab, thank you for sharing with us! <3

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Happy 2 a.m. all you beautiful people!!

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Utterly glorious.

In support of your excellent filter work, here are a couple of ludicrously filtered nonsenses from back when I was all hairy:

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
Nice haircut Teagan!
This is great!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Flint_Paper posted:

Utterly glorious.

In support of your excellent filter work, here are a couple of ludicrously filtered nonsenses from back when I was all hairy:

Amazing!!!!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The Wolverine remake looking good.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Mikl posted:

The Wolverine remake looking good.

:emptyquote:

Oh no

Time to do my eyebrows. Again.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
It had to happen eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82TfSXWsBMw

Also, using one hand to flip the visor and one to hold the camera, the rare picture of me without either a cigarette or a glass of whisky. Or my hipster glasses (as mentioned before, hard to wear glasses with helmets.)

drat, I look weird without my glasses. I kinda immediately internalized the glasses as part of my self-image.

I other news, my Halloween costume for next year is done, because I already own a flight suit (also bought at a surplus store on a whim because it was cheap and happened to fit me.)

Me in 2007, when I had a job that required me to shave:

(those are random cheap reading glasses just for the photo, I now have a pair of prescription ones in that shape, but prefer the big hipster frames because the little ones don't have enough coverage of my FOV)

Flint_Paper posted:

If anyone needs me, I’ll be in my attic, making sure that no one touches my loving painting.
:golfclap:

Chillbro Baggins has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Feb 22, 2019

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

Teagan posted:

Happy 2 a.m. all you beautiful people!!

This is a good hair cut.

Happy Friday!!!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RandomZero posted:

This is a good hair cut.

Happy Friday!!!

I’m still getting a strong Jason Bateman vibe here

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I can't decide if I cut off enough hair or not

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hair look really good. Keep it

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Proteus Jones posted:

Hair look really good. Keep it

I mean, short hair is amazing for that first day. But also, hair is amazing, keep it (if you want).

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I measured the longest part and apparently I cut off 25cm of hair in one fell swoop

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I need to dye my hair soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Fart City posted:

I need to dye my hair soon.

As a fan of bangs, could I suggest the same to you? I think that with such bold glasses it would be really great, maybe a side swept bang. I love your lipstick :)