Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Did they though?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Really though?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

me, the seasoned trainer: fighting is strong against normal. the rock is strong against ice. poison doesn't affect steel. these are immutable truths

the virgin mobile gamer: poison should do more damage to water

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's kind of boring. It's cute ofc but not worth 80 dollars, not entirely sure why the thread recommended it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Trials on the Switch is ambrosia

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

always drove child me nuts that there were "ground" pokemon and "rock" pokemon with entirely different resistances

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The cleverest pokemon type weakness is Fairy being weak to Steel imo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

always drove child me nuts that there were "ground" pokemon and "rock" pokemon with entirely different resistances

Yet water and ice didnt bother you?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Barudak posted:

Yet water and ice didnt bother you?

i mean that was final fantasy logic it made sense to me

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Video game weaknesses always have that point where you could tell they just had no strong opinion and they just choose and arbitrary weakness. The series of course that shows this most clearly is Mega Man, where in every game at least a few of the boss weaknesses will make sense but then there's ones that there no connection no matter how hard you try to stretch it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything being weak to metal blade makes perfect sense. So strong even its owner is destroyed by it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ground is just dirt or soil type. Its just another phase of matter, like pyschich and ghost or normal and literally all the other pokemon

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Everything is weak to hanzo steel

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Everything is weak to hanzo steel

Nah, Boat Oars are super effective

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh sasaki kojiro you should not have run your mouth

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s Go Eevee seems stupidly easy, I don’t remember a bad Bellsprout being able to one-shot Brock’s Onix but that is what happened just now. I was wondering how they were going to handle Eevee since they’re usually pretty useless until they evolve, but it looks like they compensated by making them hideously overpowered. So this is a game for little children, not experienced gamers like me

It'll ramp up by the 4th or 5th gym depending on your team, and unlike OG Pokemon Yellow there is actually an end game after you beat the elite four.

edit: Or you could nuzlocke it which is what I've done for every pokemon game since X/Y. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if you're an adult playing a pokemon game just go ahead and switch it to 'set' mode imo

I don't know if let's go has that option though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

It'll ramp up by the 4th or 5th gym depending on your team, and unlike OG Pokemon Yellow there is actually an end game after you beat the elite four.

edit: Or you could nuzlocke it which is what I've done for every pokemon game since X/Y. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

I considered Nuzlocke but you have to catch pokemon to get xp out of trainer battles, did you change the rules for Let's Go or did you actually just catch one pokemon per route?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jay Rust posted:

I considered Nuzlocke but you have to catch pokemon to get xp out of trainer battles, did you change the rules for Let's Go or did you actually just catch one pokemon per route?

There are a couple different Let's Go Nuzlocke revisions out there for Let's Go, so I guess pick your poison on that. There is also a nuzlocke discord. You have to catch a certain # of pokemon to actually get into gyms, but you just box them.

Relax Or DIE posted:

if you're an adult playing a pokemon game just go ahead and switch it to 'set' mode imo

I don't know if let's go has that option though

It does.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THE CENTURY OF WARIO IS UPON US

OUR PROMISED LAND AWAITS

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
All future games will star Bowser and his evil doppelganger, Wowser

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Realtalk the Pokemon Let's Go fights on this Giant Bomb series really go places, it basically turns into

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buE_jLEZrf4&t=35s

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

THE CENTURY OF WARIO IS UPON US

OUR PROMISED LAND AWAITS

baffling how we haven't gotten a Super Wario Bros game where the object is to make a mess of every level

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Samuringa posted:

You would rip your hair out at Ch.4, I think, they go hard into how much that part of the world is screwed. All the land has decayed so you can't harvest anything except dead twigs until you learn how to make Holy Water, at which point you use one flask and it blesses the area around you, turning it back into what it was. That includes minerals, which are helpfully cluttered together in floating islands but unhelpfully undistinguishable from each other, so you climb there hoping it'll be the one you need to make the equipment you need right now. Strong enemies appear much sooner and it takes a long while before you even manage to plant the flag on your home base, scraping together the little you can find to try to survive.

I enjoyed it, because I'm a fan of crafting and survival games, but I'd also say it's a good time for you to quit, based on the previous reactions.

yeah, thanks for the wave-off, giving the rest of that a haaaard pass

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

reggie famously fought for the inclusion of mario in what was then just called Tennis

Takes a pizza guy to work on the red saucy virtualboy

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I got a lot of feels from the last chapter of DQ Builders but if you aren't invested in that you might not get it but also you're a monster

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Breh, I'm in tears. Look at what the new fbi fitness app needs permissions for

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 22, 2019

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

The cleverest pokemon type weakness is Fairy being weak to Steel imo

Why's that

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Fairies are weak to cold iron.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

an actual dog posted:

I got a lot of feels from the last chapter of DQ Builders but if you aren't invested in that you might not get it but also you're a monster

i usually like game stories but tbh that one had me quite bored. I imagine ch4 at least tries to tie it all together but shrug I already kinda don't care

DQ11 is next on my list though!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Fairies are weak to cold iron.

But steel is a carbon alloy and by definition cold iron is low carbon

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

an actual dog posted:

When you get to the full map and even though it is all in ruins the classic overworld soundtrack still plays, that was really nice.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Doug Bowser looks like the evil Sony guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0i_SI63I70&t=281s

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But steel is a carbon alloy and by definition cold iron is low carbon

Yes wise guy, but there is no cold iron Pokemon type, and using the Steel type to represent the weakness of mythological fairies to metal was very clever.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
fairies are also weak to being crushed under steel girders

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

jet fuel cant melt steel pokemon

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's hosed up that there is a "Normal" Pokemon type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Andrast posted:

Deepnest is one of my favorite areas in any game.

It's just so deeply hostile. You really get the feeling that you are not loving welcome there.

Yeah Deepnest loving rules, just the spider section got me real tense in a good way. But I figured to someone bothered by spiders...