Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Atilla CE is useful if you expect evasion happy enemies like a Cu, since it's the only pierce invurln CE with 50% starting NP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
According to FGO's main site, Shinjuku releases on the 24th, 9pm PST.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Cleaned up all the valentines I had available and jeez counting back that was almost one hundred CEs, I had to expand the second archive a bit. Gotta wait for the next success rate up event before bingeing on all that chocolate.

By the way, Asterios' CE referenced Etrian Odyssey, right? Only thing I can think of with a labyrinth, deers and praying mantises, and the map itself is blatantly Etrian. And the Cretan Labyrinth as one of the Etrian dungeons makes perfect sense.

(I understand that "Is Grand Order referencing something" is always answered in the affirmative, I was just wondering about the specific reference)

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Omobono posted:

By the way, Asterios' CE referenced Etrian Odyssey, right? Only thing I can think of with a labyrinth, deers and praying mantises, and the map itself is blatantly Etrian. And the Cretan Labyrinth as one of the Etrian dungeons makes perfect sense.

Oh, yeah, it definitely is. An Etrian Discord server I'm in had a kick outta that one, haha. For the record, though, the map doesn't quite resemble any Etrian Labyrinths AFAIK.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That would make him the first F.O.E. in recorded history (or rather mythology).

Now I want an Etrian/Grand Order collaboration event where some iconic F.O.E.s call Asterios senpai.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Etrian Odyssey 2 already has an enemy FOE called Asterios that shows up in the bonus stratum. :eng101:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ended up being lazy and getting distracted on other stuff today instead of just grinding out the nodes, but in terms of gift CEs the only ones I'm going to miss are a few Rider (2, I think?) ones that I already had recorded from last year. Also not certain if I'll grab the full Altera CE, or just a single copy for record purposes - need to review what it does again.

Still, just over 100 gift CEs picked up.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I did pretty well for Valentines Day, in the game at least. Pulled an MHXA, cleared out the event shop of everything but the awakening statues (didn't need them)
Now I can safely hoard quartz and tickets until summer when I try to bring Summer Salter and Nero home.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Omobono posted:

Cleaned up all the valentines I had available and jeez counting back that was almost one hundred CEs, I had to expand the second archive a bit. Gotta wait for the next success rate up event before bingeing on all that chocolate.

(I understand that "Is Grand Order referencing something" is always answered in the affirmative, I was just wondering about the specific reference)

Even in your gacha, F O E!

Abby's chocolate is a Call of Cthulu spoof, too.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Challenge quests trip report:
Jalter, Altera and Arturia Lancer Alter: :dunkedon:
Jalter's wyverns were a worse threat. It does help she's in her Ruler incarnation instead of avenger, it means I could bring my own avengers and laugh.

Gawain: that was painful. Euryale, Chloe and Arturia Archer got through. At the last possible turn with a bloody Q card finisher for the last 3k HP. Bow to the beach king, knave.

Cu Alter: "gently caress it I'm bringing the big guns for this". Jalter, 2030 Waver, suport MLB 2030 Merlin frontline. Turn 1 I get zero Jalter cards. There was no turn 3.

This leaves Tiamat, whomever is in the third singularity (who's the ? guy here? Fionn? Herakles with all 11 guts?) and then Seiba Alter on Shirou's cooking.
Any "gently caress you" on that last one beyond half a mil and upwards for her break bars?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Kingprotea detour challenge quest for the CCC eventis kind of neat. You have to stall for 20 turns since her max HP increases by 500k every turn, then she gets reduced back to her starting HP with a big defense debuff, and you have to do 2 million damage in one turn or she pops back up to 10 million HP again.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Omobono posted:

Challenge quests trip report:
Jalter, Altera and Arturia Lancer Alter: :dunkedon:
Jalter's wyverns were a worse threat. It does help she's in her Ruler incarnation instead of avenger, it means I could bring my own avengers and laugh.

Gawain: that was painful. Euryale, Chloe and Arturia Archer got through. At the last possible turn with a bloody Q card finisher for the last 3k HP. Bow to the beach king, knave.

Cu Alter: "gently caress it I'm bringing the big guns for this". Jalter, 2030 Waver, suport MLB 2030 Merlin frontline. Turn 1 I get zero Jalter cards. There was no turn 3.

This leaves Tiamat, whomever is in the third singularity (who's the ? guy here? Fionn? Herakles with all 11 guts?) and then Seiba Alter on Shirou's cooking.
Any "gently caress you" on that last one beyond half a mil and upwards for her break bars?

Okeanos memorial is just Medea Lily and a demon pillar. Santa Alter just shreds them.

The turn after you break one of Saber Alter's HP bars she'll pop a buff that gives her full NP, an attack buff, and a chance to inflict def down on hit for several turns. From what I've heard you can skip the buff by stunning her on that turn. In general her AI is rigged to focus on any Casters you bring, so trying double Merlin shenanigans needs someone with taunt to give them time to set up.

On a different note, I like how the AI actually knows to buff before using NP now. I saw Lancer Alter pop Mana Burst before hers, and Medea Lily even threw her heal boost on the demon pillar before using Pain Breaker.

e:

Alright Alter's buff is unavoidable, she'll use it the very next turn she has. The def down on hit is also permanent and unremovable, and on her final bar has a 100% proc rate; the buff itself does give her a 5 turn def debuff, however. Her hatred of Casters is very real, Double Merlin/Chloe was the backbone of my team and the only attacks to go Chloe's way were from Alter's NP until they both Merlins died.

BisbyWorl fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Feb 21, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Got melt, now I'm literally just missing sitonai and I dunno if I want to commit to the collection meme.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

the_steve posted:

I did pretty well for Valentines Day, in the game at least. Pulled an MHXA, cleared out the event shop of everything but the awakening statues (didn't need them)
Now I can safely hoard quartz and tickets until summer when I try to bring Summer Salter and Nero home.

Same but I went ham farming pages to get enough CE drops for a second MLB Arjuna. At least Tamamo is finally 10/10/10. But I'll never escape page hell (Et tu Ozy? :arghfist:)

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Shiny777 posted:

Managed Salter in one try with no command seals, with double Merlin, Tamamo, Hans and Mash backing Chloe up, but it was a hell of a fight. I'm glad the memorial battles are repeatable, I definitely want to try out a few other comps on this one before it goes away.

37 turns with Tamamo + Nero Bride + Archuria + Jeanne + Mash. Note: never use Jeanne's NP on the same turn as Excalibur Vivian. That NP drain hosed me over quite a bit.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

45 turns, somewhat inelegantly. Squirtoria/lvl 80 trailed David/friend Tamamo frontline, with Jeanne/Mash/bond CE Herc backline. Most CEs focused on NP gain. Saber alter definitely focus-fires casters, Tamamo didn't last more than 3-4 turns and was probably a waste to bring along. Ah well.

I worried a bit about grailing David instead of Euryale last year, but he definitely proved his worth here in providing a safety net for when I couldn't get Jeanne's NP up in time for Salter's. Finally ran out of luck with ~1.1M left on the third bar and the surviving front line ate it, with Mash soon following. But Herc managed to evade and guts his way through six more turns and chipped off like 450+k HP by himself before finally croaking. :eyepop: I always hate to use command seal revives, but even 600k HP on Salter was an easy cleanup job afterwards.

Overall Squirtoria was the damage queen, but Jeanne and David actually made it doable. Just wish I had Tristan leveled up too...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bakanogami posted:

The Kingprotea detour challenge quest for the CCC eventis kind of neat. You have to stall for 20 turns since her max HP increases by 500k every turn, then she gets reduced back to her starting HP with a big defense debuff, and you have to do 2 million damage in one turn or she pops back up to 10 million HP again.

How do you pull that off!?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You stall with like Jeanne, Tamamo, and Mash/Merlin or something like that for about 20 turns then she starts having defense debuffs applied to herself every turn until you eventually are able to kill her.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
tamamo buff where her NP goes faster please

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

You stall with like Jeanne, Tamamo, and Mash/Merlin or something like that for about 20 turns then she starts having defense debuffs applied to herself every turn until you eventually are able to kill her.

I'm a lucky bastard who has all three (in JP), so I guess that's how I'll do it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

what, you said you wanted more effects on it? gocha buddy

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MonsieurChoc posted:

How do you pull that off!?

There’s a powerful debuff on her so it’s not as impressive as you might think.

The basic easy strategy is to bring Merlin and a strong ST berserker (Swimsuit Jeanne Alter is popular), stack buffs on the attacker’s turn one, then use the plug suit to switch them to the back row. Stall for 20 turns using normal stall team stuff, trying to keep Merlin alive in particular, then bring your attacker back in and give her another set of Merlin buffs, and that should do it.

That being said, I’ve totally seen people put out similar ridiculous numbers without any debuffs by doing similar stuff. The most powerful setup is usually double Merlin and ruler Martha, using order change to give Martha 4x Merlin buffs.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
This year's summer is when I can use Shiro!Avenger, right?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

not sure what that means but shinjuku avenger should be available within the week. the SR ticket this year will probably come after summer though

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
they mean angra mainyu, and yes, the summer 1 rerun has a challenge quest that he's useful for

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
"Huh, my servants keep dying before they hit the halfway point of this challenge quest. I wonder how I can make a team more survivable."
>Merlin, Tamamo, Waver
"Ah, this is good. I have an answer for her attacks chipping health away and I can block her NP with Memelin.
>20 turns later
"Oh no why did I do this to myself."

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Chloe and double merlin should be able to do it within 30 turns. Just remember she'll NP you as soon as you break her bars.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.
Some crazy person on Youtube did the challenge quest with only double Merlin and Tamamo and managed all right, even with Salter's focus on Casters.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a tedious quest and i look forward to trivializing it sometime in the future when i don't have to worry about picking between support merlin and jeanne, or jeanne's stun

took 3 cs and 69 turns to kill with Merlin/Chloe/Jeanne/Mash/Tristan/David

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I got fairly lucky with NP drains and cards and finished in 13 turns with Squirtoria Np2 + Black Grail, Tamamo, Waver, Mash, David, and Billy

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just used my Archer party (Tristan, Arjuna, Robin, Chloe and Dave), a support Gil and my three command seals.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It took me some command seals and....two Robin NPs since Salter resisted his last poison attempt, but hey I did it. Had everything going well til that 3rd bar. Just got reeeeeeally dicey near the end.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Can anyone give me some advice on how to beat Mordred in Camelot?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Nodosaur posted:

David’s teamwide evade to survive the first turn, mordreds attacks will cause lots of NP gain so you can fight back and kill her in one or two turns.

Or I guess double Merlin, now that he’s been released.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nodosaur posted:

Who have you got to work with?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the_steve posted:

Who have you got to work with?

My highest level servants are a level 60 Ozymandias and Emiya. I have a David I haven't raised and a level 40 Euryale I can't upgrade cuz I don't have the mats. I also have a David I haven't done much with.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

It may be time to bust out Your Friend's Cuzilla in that case.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

My highest level servants are a level 60 Ozymandias and Emiya. I have a David I haven't raised and a level 40 Euryale I can't upgrade cuz I don't have the mats. I also have a David I haven't done much with.

It might be wiser to just grind for exp or mats instead of pushing through the story if the highest level you have is 60.

You're hitting the part where you actually need a team (or at least a setup to enable a friendly Cuzilla)

Kild fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Feb 22, 2019

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

How’s your Robin Hood? And do you have Chloe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not sure where to get a bunch of the mats I need. Ozymandias's upgrade material has just started dropping.

Billzasilver posted:

How’s your Robin Hood? And do you have Chloe?

dont have either one