Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Doctor Minerva:
https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1095880308614811650

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I figured I had enough resources to start pushing towards t3 deadpool, and yea, didn't even drop below 40 million gold getting him to 68. Though it did cost me my 1k magneto bios.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Luna and Crescent are going to be in a comic! Too bad about the art though

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I'm hoping that they sneak in a Sharon Rogers cameo in the book too.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

I'm hoping that they sneak in a Sharon Rogers cameo in the book too.

ShaRog is explicitly not 616, though, I think? Also, that looks like Asian Heroes of the World Unite? Is Wiccan Asian? I forget. If it IS Asian heroes and Niko gets snubbed, imma be real mad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That appears to be a new character names Sword Master, not Wiccan. It does appear to be an all asian team. Amadeus Cho, Silk, Shang Chi, and Jimmy Woo plus Luna Snow, Crescent, and Io from the game, and then 3 new characters Sword Master, Aero, and Wave. Maybe we'll get a good Cho or Shang Chi costume out of it in time.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

STAC Goat posted:

That appears to be a new character names Sword Master, not Wiccan. It does appear to be an all asian team. Amadeus Cho, Silk, Shang Chi, and Jimmy Woo plus Luna Snow, Crescent, and Io from the game, and then 3 new characters Sword Master, Aero, and Wave. Maybe we'll get a good Cho or Shang Chi costume out of it in time.

Shang Chi has a fun moveset and deserves some love.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Update Details are out. No major surprises.

T3 Captain Marvel and costume.
Nick Fury pay and costume.
Ronan costume. Minnerva and that other guy from the first Guardians move as selecter characters. Everyone's Level 70.
No Coulson. No Mar-Vel. No Skrulls. No surprises.

Legendary Battle, new CTPs. New Special Missions quest. Looks like T2ing all the Special characters is the main thing in them.

Some more quality of life updates. Urus can be enhanced in bigger batches like gear and stones. Autorun can stop when you're out of boost pts. Some other stuff.

They tweaked that Epic Quest collection thing in a way I didn't quite understand, but I'm glad about. It seems broken as I've been stuck on some of them forever and can't find others. So hopefully this makes it less of a mystery.

And maintenance is tomorrow afternoon instead of evening. So adjust your gameplay schedules.

You guys probably will read all that on your own but I can't sleep and now I feel mildly more useful at 3:30 am.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I don't know why I thought the patch was coming next week. I just burned my shadowlands bios on getting Amadeus Cho to 6* last night. Also Ronan is my only universal char still at T1. I got all the others to T2 to help with UWB but left off getting him to 4x20 so I could work on the FF and Doom. Whoops.

I do have a handful of 3* and 4* tickets, plus a lone 6* regular ticket, so those should help a bit with fury and the new gang. I've been sitting on individual costume tickets from SL first clears for maybe a year now as well, may throw them at Cap Marvel's new one if she's good between it and T3. If not I'm assuming she'll get an Endgame uniform or someone will get a good one.

No Jude Law character is interesting, I wonder if the cinematic battles will spoil anything as to him.

Saving all my tasks to do tonight so I don't miss anything else just in case, hopefully the maintenance doesn't run long.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've nearly got Doom finished - he's at 56, 6* mastery.

I like that his powers occasionally cut to close-ups of him activating him. Not entirely sure why he has a handgun in one of them, because that doesn't feel very Doomy, but he's still pretty cool.

Going to completely avoid Legendary Battle for a few weeks. I don't want no spoilers.

I do want a playable M'Baku.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't find the Cinematic Battles terribly spoilery. Like they basically tell you X is gonna fight Y in some setting you might be able to make out. If you really want to be careful you skip the intros but they're usually pretty contextless I think. The Infinity War ones aren't even especially accurate.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Steve Vader posted:

I've nearly got Doom finished - he's at 56, 6* mastery.

I like that his powers occasionally cut to close-ups of him activating him. Not entirely sure why he has a handgun in one of them, because that doesn't feel very Doomy, but he's still pretty cool.

Going to completely avoid Legendary Battle for a few weeks. I don't want no spoilers.

I do want a playable M'Baku.

Its canon that he uses his hand gun on people he considers so worthless, that they're not worth killing with his powers

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I always interpreted Doom's gun as a very classic historical nod to tyrannical despots and summary executions.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

STAC Goat posted:

I don't find the Cinematic Battles terribly spoilery. Like they basically tell you X is gonna fight Y in some setting you might be able to make out. If you really want to be careful you skip the intros but they're usually pretty contextless I think. The Infinity War ones aren't even especially accurate.

I'm pretty sure the cinematic battles are just based on scenes from the movie trailers and don't give much more of the plot away

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Not sure the new Carol uni boosts a lot. It's cooler and has more close up animations, and every time you hit her 5, she switches between mohawk mode and back, but I still had some trouble clearing a basic Normal Arena level.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It simplifies her rotation if nothing else. Like you can just bounce between the 5-4-3 in whatever order you like without any real danger of dying. That's just my first impression. I haven't even looked at the skills to see if buffs are provided, I was just playing off my old rotation where I kind of had to perfectly time 5-3-4-2-1 to stay shielded. Now she's one of those "eh, just hit whichever one of the big moves is recharged because they're all shielded" characters.

I only took her vs the Cinematic Battle so I have no real frame of reference for her. I'll run her against WBU tomorrow and maybe Alliance Battle. Shadowland after thursday. That's usually how I test. And somewhere in there I'll read her skills.

Incidentally despite my earlier comments the Cinematic Battle was probably a little spoilery. I mean, nothing super shocking or anything but it did kind of give away probably a second act twist or something I didn't notice from the trailers.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

That stuff might not be in the movie though, like how Shuri doesn't actually fight M'Baku. I didn't feel like watching the movie is going to be a lesser experience somehow from playing through those battles, but that might just be me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, true. I've done all the Cinematic Battles before seeing the movies and none of them have changed my enjoyment. And yeah, the Infinity War and Black Panther ones weren't actually accurate so these might not be either.

I just felt obliged to say it since I was all "they're really not spoilery" and then they did kind of feel slightly spoilery. But like, any knowledge of the comics (and i have very little of Cap Marvel) or just the MCU probably would have told you what the Cinematic Battles do.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the legendary battles are all based on the trailers and any promo photos that get released, netmarble hasnt seen the movie or read the script

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wouldn't even assume it was exactly "trailer based." I assume there's just some promotional package that Marvel Studios probably passes around to any marketing partners. Like I assume netmarble is working off the exact same information that like 7-Eleven has when they design their promotional cups.

Which like might include like a vague outline of the film or stuff to highlight or something. But certainly doesn't have the third act conclusions written in or anything.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I still have the instant 6* from that deal a while ago, I hope a new character is worth it

Extremely sad that they didn't bother to rework Carol, given how loving garbage she is

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She's definitely been reworked somewhat. There's new moves and shields/iframes. I just have no idea if they make a huge difference because I don't have any real stage I can test her on until teh daily reset.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

she does way more damage but she lost her invulnerability on whichever skill had it i think

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In the old rotation I think it was a long shield on 4 and an iframe on 1. You basically had to speed 4-3-2-1 and time it right to stay invulnerable. And sneak a 5 in when it recharged.

Now I think she's got long shields on 5 and 3 and iframes on 4. So the iframes on 1 are gone but when I was playing with her in Cinematic Battle I didn't need them anymore because I could just bounce between 5, 4, and 3 and they'd overlap protection. And 5 is offensive now while I think it was mainly just a buff before.

I don't know how that will hold up in tougher fights or anything, though. And I was basically just button mashing.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The most disappointing part of new Carol imo is that there's like, 3 seconds of downtime on her buff.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Oh goodie, the new cinematic battle is out. And it awards a new CTP. I might buy the Legendary pack.

(Sees you have to get Carol to rank 6 using that World Boss Raid material.)

Never mind, if I want a CTP I'll buy the Antman and Wasp one.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Any word on whether or not the Ronan costume is worth getting?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Is there a trick to getting some of these lab materials to drop? Or are they just super rare? I'm getting drops from Hothead, Mean & Green, and Shadow of Doom *very* rarely, like less I only have 1 Doombot. I've had everything else done for a couple of weeks and I can't figure it out.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah some of them are much rarer. i think theyre supposed to be a long term thing to give you a reason to interact with the epic quests after you finish em

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I've needed 1 more Hothead for like 2 weeks and nothing despite doing 10 a day. Just seems like it takes forever.

I was just frustrated about the ones I hadn't discovered yet because I didn't know what to actually do. That's especially frustrating on the Strange quest where you're limited. But I finally looked that stuff up on Reddit.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Apparently if you slow down the animation for when Carol's 5 skill expires, this is what you get:

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Any word on whether or not the Ronan costume is worth getting?

It definitely makes him decent, or at least usable. I used him at T1 to solo a teen level Shadowlands floor very quickly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Marvel is my new most fun to play with character. The 4 skill is a lot of fun and everything is smooth and fluid and you can mix and match a bit. I haven't had a chance to really test her yet in ABX and today's WBR was Proxima so she didn't do great with energy damage, but did ok. And I still haven't realized her potential so she should be more fun towards 70 and T3. I'm still debating T3ing Reed or Luna first but she's in the running.

I don't think we talked about them much but all the FF are pretty good too. I've only really used them in Shadowland so far so I should mess around in WBR or ABX Challenge. But they all cruise through 20s Shadowland that I've tried.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, I pulled the trigger on T3 Mr. Fantastic and have no regrets. He immediately took down Proxima 29 in about 75 seconds to finally unlock the 100 second and 150 second challenges for 30. I hadn't been able to do that with T3 Deadpool or T3 Cap. Reed cleared through it easily and his T3 might actually be the most powerful of all the ones I have (Cap, Deadpool, Sharon, Spidey, Thor). Highly recommended if you want a big physical/combat tank.

I took the new T2 Level 60 Captain Marvel on ABX and she fell just short of 300K. Not bad. Once I can get her up to 70 I imagine she'll be a bit of a beast and she might have inched past Luna as my next T3 target. I did try her against Corvus 20 and had no luck, but I'm not reading too much into that. Her biggest problem I can see is she gets stunned a lot, so I'm trying to roll an Immunity to GB, Immunity to Stun, Damage Proc obelisk. Or at least 2 of 3. We'll see.

And query. Has anyone's games been really crashy since this last update? I thought it was my phone as its always on the brink of being full, but I managed to open up 2+ gigs of space which is like twice as much as its had in forever and its still crashing a LOT.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I haven't been crashy.

So I've finally got 1000 norns again, and I've got a waiting list for T2.

Kate Bishop
Medusa
Black Bolt
Luke Cage
Wiccan
Mockingbird

I just need 31 more bios for Mantis to be on that list, and 137 more for Hela to be on it.

Wondering if I should save them for Hela, or guess I'll be back up to 1000 by the time I get those 137 bios and pull the trigger on one of the other ones.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

None of those are "great" but I personally would say BB, he does alright in high teen rumbles

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Hela is probably the best, then Mantis, and Black Bolt, especially if you have his tuxedo uniform. Mantis is good enough at T1 though so no rush on her. Kate Bishop is also solid, mainly for speed rumbles. I haven't tried Medusa with her costume. Mockingbird and Wiccan are kind of bad. Wiccan does count towards the newest special missions quest though. I haven't really used Luke Cage and only have him at T1. I think he's usable in SL against easier physical enemies?

Hela might also get you rewards from the Ragnarok cinematic battle but the good one may be for getting her uniform to mythic, it's been a while since I looked at that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Medusa with her costume at Level 70 is a genuine low key beast. Better than Hela maxed with her costume. She was good at regular maxed so I'd recommend her. Hela might be more valuable as a villain but you need the costume. And you can grab a Cinematic Battle prize with Hela.

I'd put Cage, Black Bolt, and Kate Bishop all pretty comparable. Can work teen Shadowlands they're well suited for but not much beyond that. Mantis is probably a bit better but she's is at T1.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Medusa with costume is great. Blackbolt is underwhelming to me even if he's so dapper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

My ABX goal every day is just to painlessly hit 100k. I don't push high scores or do crazy things like actually putting urus on characters or rerolling cards. That said, T2 60 Minn-erva with costume was one of my most painless ABX clears ever. I just alternated 5 and 4 and she strafed bad guys with her space ship until I hit my goal with 1:30 left for today's female supervillain entry.