Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
My company keeps encouraging underage drinking but we’re not even getting kickbacks from beer companies for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Lol oh my god I found the rest of my notes I’m only mostly hosed now.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Furnaceface posted:

It is literally pouring freezing rain outside. There are going to be so many accidents because capitalism demands you drive your rear end to work in the most dangerous conditions or else.

I saw two overturned cars and a house on fire yesterday. Southerners CANNOT drive in snow, sleet, rain, fog, or wind.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

ack

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

unless what you do is something that can gently caress up and hurt people, it will never ever matter because nobody is going to complain about the night shift people for fear of being reassigned to night shift to fix it

yeah no people love blaming night shift because the supervisor isn't hanging around for their explanation

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Clearly we need to stop the BAD billionaires, by giving more money and power to the GOOD billionaires.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I saw two overturned cars and a house on fire yesterday. Southerners CANNOT drive in snow, sleet, rain, fog, or wind.
we had literally five minutes of rain yesterday morning and on my way to town i saw no less than four freshly crumpled cars on the side of the highway

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
although like all deserts, after a ridiculous prolonged period of zero rainfall all the grease and petrol from the traffic (and we have a lot of trucks) congeals into a thick coating on the road and when it rains that turns back into oil and causes no end of problems

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
you could never convince me to live in the desert

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Pirate Radar posted:

My company keeps encouraging underage drinking but we’re not even getting kickbacks from beer companies for it

Please give Chantilly his password back, nutranurse. :colbert:

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Cease to Hope posted:

you could never convince me to live in the desert
well this isn't meant to be desert, we have more or less the exact same climate as the gorgeous napa valley and you've seen how that's turning out

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Randler posted:

lol

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

like not even close and nn hasn't changed his av or name in years

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

I came to work and found out that I’m not training anymore and am alone. I don’t think I’m 100% ready to do night shift correctly lol send help.

Do what my old class-mate did and have all your calls transferred to someone else for the first ½ year.

If your job doesn't involve taking calls then I got nothing sorry :shrug:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Do what my old class-mate did and have all your calls transferred to someone else for the first ½ year.

If your job doesn't involve taking calls then I got nothing sorry :shrug:

It does but I’m the only one there to take them unless it’s for valet.

I work in a hotel.

Honestly I didn’t do horribly, but I’m sure they’re gonna let me know what I need to do better tonight.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

It does but I’m the only one there to take them unless it’s for valet.

I work in a hotel.

Honestly I didn’t do horribly, but I’m sure they’re gonna let me know what I need to do better tonight.

If you're the only one there, no-one will know how you do :mmmhmm:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jerry Cotton posted:

If you're the only one there, no-one will know how you do :mmmhmm:

They’ll know because I have to produce reams of paperwork that goes directly to management. :(

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

pikachode posted:

although like all deserts, after a ridiculous prolonged period of zero rainfall all the grease and petrol from the traffic (and we have a lot of trucks) congeals into a thick coating on the road and when it rains that turns back into oil and causes no end of problems

The same thing happens in Southern California, as if the first rain of the year wasn’t a big enough deal.

Randler posted:

I wonder if I could use this experience to apply for marketing jobs

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

This just reminded me of my favourite picture of snow hitting a southern state

Also it actually warmed up over night so it was just regular rain and the roads were clear so I didnt even get a snow/ice day which sucks.

pikachode posted:

You need to move to a country that isnt trying to kill you 24/7. Think of the keets.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
just found out i'm part finnish on the swedish side oh nooooo

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Furnaceface posted:

You need to move to a country that isnt trying to kill you 24/7. Think of the keets.
the keets came from heaven to nourish the african savannah, they love to die

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

i have a 3 day weekend because its snowing in arizona tomorrow

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

I wonder if I could use this experience to apply for marketing jobs

Honestly it mostly comes down to knowing people. Advertising for the most part is for rich white kids who can't do anything else.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Honestly it mostly comes down to knowing people. Advertising for the most part is for rich white kids who can't do anything else.
yeah i found out the hard way that advertising in australia is a wasp nest, after i spent years on a degree

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I found the most bloombergy article on bloomberg and now I'm sharing it with you, the people who post in this thread. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-21/big-brother-billionaires-get-rich-as-china-watches-everyone?srnd=technology-vp

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Yeah, the state has won the struggle and watches everyone's every move but you know, four of them are now really rich.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

pikachode posted:

Rekkkkkt

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pikachode posted:

It's me pikachode, your cousin Jeromy! Let's never talk like proper relatives!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Advertising for the most part is for rich white kids who can't do anything else.

I’ve already been an English teacher in Asia so this could be a natural evolution

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's me pikachode, your cousin Jeromy! Let's never talk like proper relatives!
this is genuinely what's happening to me right now thanks to that loving dna test

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Also if working in marketing means I get to make things like this then I’m all for it

https://twitter.com/naamanzhou/status/1098700975420964865?s=21

For the five minutes before I get murdered by McDonald’s employees who have now become unwilling egg exhibitors

Eggshibitors

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Show me the egg

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

mandatory lesbian posted:

Show me the egg

https://twitter.com/katrus/status/1098808240165531650?s=21

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

I’ve already been an English teacher in Asia so this could be a natural evolution

honest to god if you're interesting in pursing advertising in a creative or strategic capacity PM me.

e: im not in a hiring or firing position (yet, gimme 3 years)--but I do know the ways to make breaking into the business easier (it costs money or time or both tho, they're big on pricegating this industry to keep certain types out--advertising is a liberal industry, not a progressive one)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

honest to god if you're interesting in pursing advertising in a creative or strategic capacity PM me.

e: im not in a hiring or firing position (yet, gimme 3 years)--but I do know the ways to make breaking into the business easier (it costs money or time or both tho, they're big on pricegating this industry to keep certain types out--advertising is a liberal industry, not a progressive one)

That’s a hell of a nice offer. :) I’m not looking that way right now, but I’ll keep it in mind.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

hire me

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
https://twitter.com/healthuntodeath/status/1098876137512595457

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dadchat’s rich lawyer cabal strikes again

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i mean goons did at least raise like 10s or 100s of thousands of dollars for bernie really early in the campaign because there isnt a shouty old man goons wont latch onto but thats definitely way too much credit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/MatthewBevan/status/1099086291214381056

lol incredible