Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DEA posted:

"Comparing Palestine to the American/black civil rights movement has no validity. In America, black people chose boycotting racist buses over bombing them." But what happens when Palestinians boycott racist buses or highways in the occupied territories?

There is no comparison between the Civil Rights movement and Palestine, true. But only because black people were able to boycott and call for boycotting racist establishments in America without legal repressions in the 1950s. Whereas in 2019, that is illegal in both Israel and America.

The main thing is that the people who like to reduce the Civil Rights Movement to Rosa Parks and couple of speeches by MLK are liars because obviously there was a LOT of violence in that period linked to the issue. And the people they now hold up as models for peaceful opposition were demonized and victimized even for the acts that supposedly were "legitimate", like speaking out against government policy.

Basically these are the same people who would have petitioned for a death sentence to terrorist Nelson Mandela had they been born few years earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Recently, addressing the U.N. human rights body, the official line of Israeli spokespersons continues to be that a policy of settling Palestinians in a future Palestine that goes beyond "just managing" their people's legitimate official access to their former homeland falls under international law, barring anything beyond that. Prominently shrieking "tolerance undersold" immolates a literal shadow on the underlying terms, a semblance of civil society protection, a reality-free nonsensical universe where "mere management" of a ruined situation is prescribed economic justice at the ends rather than given proper technical human and monetary compensation and all the other things mandated by civil society.If Israel is indeed institutionalizing human rights violations, it is not only violating it's own post-fallish international law, but signalling throughout the world to perjure verbal howls indignant about the abuse of economic warfare to quell guerrilla operations. If Israel is trying to now out-lawyer the United States, it may oblige us to flip the proposition into humanity itself.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

steinrokkan posted:

The main thing is that the people who like to reduce the Civil Rights Movement to Rosa Parks and couple of speeches by MLK are liars because obviously there was a LOT of violence in that period linked to the issue. And the people they now hold up as models for peaceful opposition were demonized and victimized even for the acts that supposedly were "legitimate", like speaking out against government policy.

Basically these are the same people who would have petitioned for a death sentence to terrorist Nelson Mandela had they been born few years earlier.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Death to israel

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

Schools love to teach the fable of nonviolent protest. If you want change, you launch a nice, polite protest, a wish if you will, and if the time is right, society will grant it, BUT NOT BEFORE. Therefore, society is Good because all Wrongs are corrected at the Proper Time. Violence causes delays.

Occasionally the truth comes through, in the strangest ways. As a horny dad, I've seen Princess and the Frog a few times. The epilogue shows Tiana buying her restaurant, at a table across from the two bankers. She's got the money. But they're still hesitant. The movie gives no reason why that is. It is because she's a woman? Black? Lower class? The bankers just don't want to execute on the terms previously agreed to. Then they look left, and standing there with his mouth wide open is the alligator (the one who wants to be a horn player). He roars and the scared shitless bankers hastily sign the contract.

This is a Disney movie. Somehow, the ideology got in: when dealing with the capitalist class, the threat of violence is necessary.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

did you just say you got the hots for a cartoon frog

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within
i think he means being a horny dad resulted in a kid, who then forced him to get horny for the frog

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

He's horny for the alligator, morons.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
It is perfectly fine to be horny for all manner of reptiles and amphibians.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Guys hopefully he is horny for putting alligators on bankers.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

if the idea of bankers suffering in any respect doesn’t get you horned up then why are you poasting in cspam

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
sometimes a man has to dig a little deeper

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Today in galaxy brain liberal Zionist takes https://twitter.com/anshelpfeffer/status/1098332768935833600?s=21

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

I don't remember Corbyn buying a shabby old ring from a pawnshop and claiming it's an ancient family heirloom and proof of his Divine Right to rule all of Britain. :confused:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

my brain can’t even process this. it’s too loving powerful

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wtf

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why did those pms leave labor? their anti occupation stance or legitimate lovely things

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

why did those pms leave labor? their anti occupation stance or legitimate lovely things

I haven't seen poo poo. All. cited as evidence of legit lovely things so I can only assume those Blairites are just butthurt that Labour supports Palestine.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Because they're about to be deselected, so they want to form their own political club where they can desperately cling to relevancy their careers.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hell yes lol. i understand avigdnor lieberman. i'll never understand "centrist" zionists like tzipi livni

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
One of the people who left claimed the treatment of black people and those with a funny tint/tinge was a motivation.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Real hurthling! posted:

It's the same group of neoliberals who have been trying to oust corbyn since he became labour leader

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Is Jeremy Corbyn a bad guy? I hear a lot of people saying he's antisemitic.

Here's some Tweets by the founder of Wikipedia:

https://twitter.com/jimmy_wales/status/1027606662386016258?lang=en

https://twitter.com/jimmy_wales/status/1027621225881919488?lang=en

And one by J.K. Rowling attacking Corbyn

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1076476297495359488

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sure sounds like rich people hate the devout Marxist who wants to sieze their ill-gotten wealth.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
if Jimmy Wales is rich enough to be threatened by Jeremy Corbyn, why does he keep begging for wikipedia money?

CHECKMATE!!!

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Wasn't the person called a Rothschild actually one tho? Or is that someone else?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Real hurthling! posted:

They were basically all facing deselection by their local parties and the current manufactured attack is a convenient way to cover their jumping before they are pushed. The antisemitism issue has always been a convenient smear on a wing of that supports the plight of Palestine: statistically the labour party has a lower incidence of antisemitism than both general population and the ruling conservative party in particular.

It's worth noting that incidents do occur but there are systems in place to investigate and punish them. However, of 673 complaints received over April 2018-January 2019 433 weren't even about party members.

ContinuityNewTimes has issued a correction as of 10:21 on Feb 22, 2019

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Raldikuk posted:

Wasn't the person called a Rothschild actually one tho? Or is that someone else?
I have no idea, they could be for all I know, but when people start spouting poo poo about Rothschilds and Bilderberg and Trilateral and Illuminati, I remind them that it's just money and capitalism, not a specific family or religion or secret society beyond being impossibly wealthy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/1098554058258796546

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

i've never seen a single bibi photo where he doesn't look like a massive son of a bitch

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Doesn't the State of Israel, as an explicitly Jewish state, not a pluralist democracy, need anti-semitism to justify its existence? Or at least, justify its existence in the face of the occupation?

Without anti-semitism, Jews can safely live anywhere, and they don't NEED a homeland where two million non-jews are kept in prison. The more brutal the occupation, the greater the threat of anti-semitism worldwide has to be.

It makes perfect sense for bibi to cozy up to foreign fascists.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
even Haaretz is saying "hey Bibi is a fascist" haha

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"has now"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

But in response, Likud MK Anat Berko epitomized Netanyahu’s politics in a single sentence: "They might be anti-Semites, but they’re on our side."

"They're our kind of scum"

just lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is haaretz really anti occupation or do they just run like a both sides sort of operation?
i feel like the articles i see from them are usually pretty pro human rights but i think it might just be cause i get my links from cspam

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Real hurthling! posted:

is haaretz really anti occupation or do they just run like a both sides sort of operation?
i feel like the articles i see from them are usually pretty pro human rights but i think it might just be cause i get my links from cspam

they're against it, but lovely opinion pieces do sometimes show up for "both sides" cred. when it comes to economic stuff though they get super lib.

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

Haaretz is against it. Their comments section also reflect this. As said, they do have strange opinion pieces popping up from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

i think in general they're good, but iirc their readership in Israel is really really tiny compared to their international stature. Like some people might call it the Israeli New York Times or whatever, but it's more like the Israel Nation or Mother Jones in terms of subscription numbers. As always, rip the left.