Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Groetgaffel posted:

Mustang review is up.

tl;dr: Best creator expert car so far.

Sigh....

*opens wallet*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh sick, the stripes are all printed. No big stickers. They said it's tied in price with the Aston, but for Canadian prices they're saying the Mustang will be 199$ and I paid 179$ for the Aston.

... I'll still probably try to buy this one day 1.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Sariel also did a video review + speed build.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Holy crap I thought it wasn't coming out for months. I know what I'm doing next weekend.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
March 1st at $150? Dollar bills are already flying out of my wallet.

For some reason I'm a lot more excited about the Mustang than the DB-5. It's the colorscheme, I think.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

I'm also really excited that we're finally starting to get rims with a realistic pivot point.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Groetgaffel posted:

I'm also really excited that we're finally starting to get rims with a realistic pivot point.

Yeah, the biggest bombshell of this car is working steering, which has been a common request for the Creator expert cars. It's also nice that those wheels are the same diameter so you can put some skinnier tires on it if you want or mix them around to different cars.

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 22, 2019

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
I am very ambivalent about cars and Lego cars but actually find this model remarkably appealing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Habibi posted:

I am very ambivalent about cars and Lego cars but actually find this model remarkably appealing.

its a loving old Mustang. The crossover appeal is going to be yoooooooj.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I'm not really into actual cars, but the Creator Expert ones are great and I'll definitely be picking this up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

I'm not really into actual cars, but the Creator Expert ones are great and I'll definitely be picking this up.

Same. I can't name makes and models worth a poo poo, I don't even drive, but I totally love the creator expert cars, as well as speed champions. Great to build and look pretty nice on a shelf.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm curious why they moved their expert car to spring. Does this mean we get a second one this summer, or are they just shuffling their schedule a bit. I can't wait to find out. :ohdear:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't care about their schedule, I'm just happy the mustang is out soon.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's not an issue of "caring," it's being curious why they changed. :jerkbag:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Carbohydrates posted:

beep beep

1969 AMC Hurst/SC Rambler. I love the general form factor of this adorable little muscle car, but it's the arrow graphic pointing into the scoop that made me want to actually build it. The front of this thing is a bit complex (try to figure out how that white 1x6 tile under the headlights is attached!) but it actually turned out to be one of my more stable finished models, which is nice. Comfortably seats a fig, steering wheel, gauges, etc. The wheels don't freely turn on this one, though. I could have made them do so with technic bricks and half pins, but it's more stable this way and I like the ride height and ground clearance a lot. It's so sleek!

The color blocking on this one makes me happy.

This minifig is so good.

Finally, due to many requests, I've started uploading instructions to Rebrickable. Thanks so much for the support.

The only things missing from this are:

The driver should have a big bushy mustache
The driver should be holding a can of Schlitz

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I ran to a mall a couple of miles from my office this afternoon and while there, I swung by the Lego Store just to poke around. I ended up picking up the 40305 Lego Store set.
I sent a selfie with the brick built minifig and the a shot of the box to Mrs. Doctor who noted that the Dad in the set bears a strong resemblance to me.

So I went to the Lego Store and bought a Lego Store containing me buying Lego.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Insert xibit meme.jpeg

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Hey Carbohydrates, you're e-famous.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Target has a gift card promotion on LEGO at the moment and they’ll price match Walmart in store. After the gift card got a pirate roller coaster down to $62, ~31% off. Would work on a bunch of the LEGO movie 2 sets which Walmart also has marked down.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

got the crayon person instead of the giraffe person today. thought i had it right. real bummer. gonna go back and try to find the watermelon person later

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Oh cool, good looking out!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
does anyone have any recommendations for those third party books that come full of instructions? my kid is really starting to dig building stuff from instructions and while we have a few sets we've bought new, we also have a bunch of loose lego that I bought that doesn't have instructions

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

does anyone have any recommendations for those third party books that come full of instructions? my kid is really starting to dig building stuff from instructions and while we have a few sets we've bought new, we also have a bunch of loose lego that I bought that doesn't have instructions

I just searched Amazon for "lego instructions books" and it populated "for kids 5-7" and that seems to have brought up a whole bunch of relevant results that I am also suddenly interested in, having been unaware before that such things existed!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Habibi posted:

I just searched Amazon for "lego instructions books" and it populated "for kids 5-7" and that seems to have brought up a whole bunch of relevant results that I am also suddenly interested in, having been unaware before that such things existed!

I've seen them in barnes and noble and sometimes they come with a minifig or bricks too it seems like, was just wondering if anyone had any that they'd found had cool stuff in them.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I've seen them in barnes and noble and sometimes they come with a minifig or bricks too it seems like, was just wondering if anyone had any that they'd found had cool stuff in them.

I liked the inventions book: https://www.amazon.com/Genius-LEGO-Inventions-Bricks-Already/dp/1624146783 , though I've never followed any of their instructions directly since I likely don't have all the pieces for a given build, and even if I did, our collection isn't sorted well enough. What I did get from it were the jumping-off point, like making a pullback car using a ponytail holder.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What’s the odds on being able to get the Creator Mustang when it drops on Friday? I’ve never bought anything direct from Lego before, but I want to earn the VIP points for the decent sized purchase. With the decent previews so far it looks like it might be a popular set.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

What’s the odds on being able to get the Creator Mustang when it drops on Friday? I’ve never bought anything direct from Lego before, but I want to earn the VIP points for the decent sized purchase. With the decent previews so far it looks like it might be a popular set.

Going to a store or online? online can be hit and miss as if it's popular their website will turn into slag. I don't think it'll be more popular than the Sat-v. I don't think you'll have issues getting it release day. Also I think it'll go live midnight eastern, so plan accordingly to your locality (or if you are not an american).

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Scipiotik posted:

Going to a store or online? online can be hit and miss as if it's popular their website will turn into slag. I don't think it'll be more popular than the Sat-v. I don't think you'll have issues getting it release day. Also I think it'll go live midnight eastern, so plan accordingly to your locality (or if you are not an american).

Probably buying online, eastern US. I have a Lego store reasonably close but it would be a pain to get to after work. I’ll check the website in the morning and see if I can get an order in.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm gonna see if I can find it in a store somewhere. I don't like how poorly lego packs their boxes. My F40 showed up kind of banged up. Also, I don't need it immediately because I don't know when I'll be able to build it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Don’t worry about it. The odds of the initial run selling out immediately are very low.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This one might be a little more scarce early on as it's got some elevated interest outside the lego sperg circles, but long term it will be readily available.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Sweet build/colour scheme:
https://twitter.com/messymaru/status/1100249970437808128

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Was at target today and saw they are setting up their easter display. There was a spot for a poly bag, anyone know what it’s going to be?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Not sure about Easter but I saw a pelican polybag by the register that I hadn't seen before

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Yeah, the Pelican poly bag is the one I saw in the Easter display.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I saw a party banana juice bar set at Meijer today that I hadn't seen before - 5 bucks for a banana guy with exclusive banana shirt and a radio.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I bought the pelican polybag at Walmart back in December though.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Inspired by this Reddit post, I've been trying my hand at designing microscale Star Wars locations (all 10x10) in Studio. Only rendered for now, but all of them are buildable with pieces in existing colors:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Very nice, cloud city could maybe do with some greebling on the top to be perfect. Is the last one Maz's bar on Takodana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Lord Hydronium posted:

Inspired by this Reddit post, I've been trying my hand at designing microscale Star Wars locations (all 10x10) in Studio. Only rendered for now, but all of them are buildable with pieces in existing colors:

Superb