Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

from the 80 draw:
vanille usb2 (dupe)
maria usb
kuja osb
paplymo osb
rikku legend materia
relm legend materia
sazh legend materia
porom ultra (dupe)
noctis osb (dupe)
cloud legend materia
hope legend materia
raines legend materia
iris legend matera

it could've gone a lot worse i guess but i'm pretty chagrinned that of the 6 six stars i got there was a single one that wasn't an osb or a duplicate. thanks game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Alright, can someone judge my haul?

40-pull #1
Ignis' USB
Agrias' USB2
Rikku's USB2
Naabat's USB1 (dupe)
Gladio's BSB
Arc's BSB2
Irvine's BSB
Vincent's BSB

40-pull #2
Terra's USB1
Raijin's OSB (dupe)
Papalymo's OSB (dupe)
Noel's BSB1
Beatrix's BSB2

Cowcaster posted:

it could've gone a lot worse i guess but i'm pretty chagrinned that of the 6 six stars i got there was a single one that wasn't an osb or a duplicate. thanks game

Thankfully, that single non-dupe is the humongous Earth Magic Tool known as Maria's Ultra.

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 22, 2019

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

10/40
Garland CSB - dupe
Terra USB - dupe
refia USB
Basch LMR - dupe
Seifer BSB2 - dupe
gilgamesh BSB
Fang BSB - dupe
Aerith BSB
Irvine BSB - dupe I think
Strago BSB

5/40
Gogo VI BSB
Cloud LMR
Ayame OSB - dupe
Sephiroth OSB
Montblanc USB

Wonderous 1/10
Gladious OSB

that wonderous gently caress, some decent stuff otherwise I guess....

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m a bit low on good healing SBs so I went with Selphie’s Slots Full Cure as my USB choice.
I did one KH pull so far (waiting for the Roxas banner to pull again) and got Riku’s Awakening so that’s pretty sweet!
Also got Arcanes for Rinoa and Kain from my 80-pull, as well as Burst for Auron, fire Infusion Material for Jecht, Ultras for Meliadoul, Vincent, and Galuf, and a couple of dupes and some materia for characters I don’t have SBs for. Not a bad haul!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

AstraSage posted:

Thankfully, that single non-dupe is the humongous Earth Magic Tool known as Maria's Ultra.

yeah it looks like orlandeau's usb but for earth magic so that's pretty swank. i don't know how much use it'll get considering my skeleton key team is a physical one and all the other earth stuff i have is physical too (bartz, yuffie)

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
welp, let’s see what 80 pulls and 500 gems gets me:

40x #1

Vincent’s CSB is a dupe but I finally get an Earth chain!

40x #2

Finally I think I have a complete OK!

500 gem pull

dupe, womp. Quistis’ USB was not available for some reason!

For $4.97 it was worth it.

Because Elarra’s USB was in the selectable pool, I didn’t need the core banner that badly anymore so against my better judgement i did two additional KH pulls, which got me:

Sora LMR
Riku LMR
Sora BSB

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Salty pulls. I got:
Strago OSB
Minwu USB2 (dupe)
Fang BSB (dupe)
Estinen LMR (who the gently caress is he?)

Prompt CSB (new but the least useful chain I could pull. I'm at 3/8 elements and somehow already had Kain and Totto chains. drat RNG
Delita USB (dupe)
Yuna LMR (only useful thing)

Whelp, 1/7 genuinely useful relics and it's an lmr.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I would take a csb upgrade for 0 mythril

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
12/80 on my freebies.

Notable non-dupes-
Rikku CSB: Not as valuable as it seems because I have Tidus's chain and it's pretty hard to imagine not wanting to bring Tidus to a water fight, but it's versatility.
Thancred USB: Strange one, but I'll take a +earth katana and a 6* weapon for XIV. Maybe deceptively good for earth fights bc the DPS isn't bad for a debuff.
Krile USB2: Cool. Between her, Vivi, and Terra my fire magic team is stacked to the rafters. FFV is also probably my most complete realm, but I like the game so I'm cool with that.
Kain OSB, TGC OSB, Tidus Glint: Not really useful, but +10 atk for characters I already use.

Everything else is either dupes or weird junk; I pulled Scott's LMR with no other Scott relics ffs. It is a +atk shield with fire resist though,

Haven't done the 500-gem pull yet and I'm suffering from option paralysis. I don't have Godwall so that's a given, but there's also Shadow/Edge (both of whom I've had fully dove and have the BSB and good SSB for, respectively), and Balthier or Lightning, my husband and wife whose USBs have eluded me to this point. That's at least five things I really want, and I'll probably come up with a couple more if I look at the lists closely.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

rikku's csb is better than tidus' because it's the new style as opposed to the old one. you should endeavor to bring them both along to any water encounter you can.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Pull 1: Fujin ASB, dupe Cloud OSB, Aerith LMR, Rude BSB, Bartz BSB(water)
Pull 2: Beatrix USB, Gladio OSB, Rinoa LMR (enice), dupe Rinoa LMR (enearth), Vivi BSB, dupe Palom BSB

Fujin, Aerith, and Beatrix are great, and Rude BSB is nice, especially the +earth for my ninjas and Red XIII. +10 attack for Bartz and enice for Rinoa chain are also ok

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The primary benefit to Rikku CSB is being able to use any of Tidus' other broken water poo poo

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

13/92 for $5 dollary-doos:

Zidane USB2 (select choice)
Reks USB
Rem USB
Strago OSB
Vayne OSB
Basch OSB
Tellah LMR
Bartz LMR (dupe)
Galuf LMR
Auron LMR
Ashe LMR
Ayame BSB (dupe)
Vanille BSB2

That does a lot to shore up my lovely XII torment team since I never pull on that realm. I keep getting random Ashe things, so I now have everything but her USB despite never targeting her for pulls at all. Galuf LMR is his doublecast monk one; it's been on my want list for a while so that was an awesome surprise. Auron LMR is his enfire one; he's on my physical fire team already so that was a nice bonus too. Selected Zidane USB2 since I have almost everything else for him sans an old SSB and BSB, and I'm going for his ASB on the anniversary.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

12/80 with 1 Dupe. I'll take it!
Beatrix BSB2
Sazh LMR
Agrias USB2
Cloud USB1 (Dupe)
Kefka BSB1
Yda LMR
Cloud LMR
Hope OSB1
Celes OSB1
Selphie USB2
Hilda USB1
Vivi USB1

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Jester Mcgee posted:

I just started playing on Wednesday, and so far I've done a pull on the Kingdom Hearts banner and the 2 free 40 pulls.

I ended up with:

Rem Overstrike SB
Terra Arcane SB
Aria Ultra SB
Riku Arcane SB
Riku Ultra SB

and then a few 5 star relics that don't seem that amazing to me.

I've still got 50 mythril banked up, should I pull on something, or just chill out and wait for something else to come along?

Also, if anyone has any tips as to what the hell I'm supposed to do with all of these that would be great. I am extremely confused about how all this works!

-edit-

I forgot to click on armor. I also have:

Serah Chain SB
Meliadoul Ultra SB
Dark Knight Cecil Glint SB
Ricard Legend Materia

With those 2 Riku relics he'll be a VERY good physical darkness user for you and probably your top dps person for a while. Most of the time you'll want to just use Ultra + appropriate 5* skills (Dread Weapon and Sanguine Cross are good choices, just dread weapon if you have to choose 1 to craft)

Serah Chain is a VERY good thing to pickup, chains are very powerful but to make the most use of it you'll want other ice magic users to team up with. Physical ice people can work too though, though you'll want to bring some sort of ATK buff for them.

Meliadoul Ultra will lower enemies resistance to earth, which can make neutral enemies become vulnerable which is good if you want to use an earth team on a boss that isn't weak to start. It's not a damage powerhouse on it's own, but useful.

Aria USB is your only healer medica (party heal) for the moment so you'll probably want to use her for now until you get a better one, she's AMAZING vs bosses that use fire but it's underwhelming compared to other healer USB's vs non-fire enemies.

Terra Arcane and Rem Overstrike are just big damage (terra potentially much more since its 3 hits), overstrikes aren't the most useful since they only do damage and don't buff your normal attacks in any way, but they can do a lot of damage to kill a boss fast if that's what you need. As a new player you'll mostly be fighting lower hp bosses anyway so these can end the fight fast, but they won't get you too far in harder fights without help.

Glints and Legend Materia are useful tools to have but don't make a character great on their own generally, DK Cecil's glint is extremely good if you pick up his USB in the future (though if you end up choosing to do a USB select I wouldn't necessarily recommend picking it - there's so many other useful things to choose that would help you more)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

7/80

Decil LMR, Sephiroth BSB1, dupe Edward LMR, dupe Queen USB, WoL AOSB, dupe Greg OSB, Ace USB :geno:

(All of the non-dupes are actually fairly useful for me. Well, maybe not Seph's burst.)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Papalymo gets MIGHTY (got almost all his relics already so yeeeeeaaaaa), Prompto is nearly complete (missing bsb2 and lmr), Kain wont see use cuz prompto, Eiko fuckyes healer options, dorgann/terra lmr's are dupes, d.cecil bsb is whatever, and some healer bsb options. Very nice first pull!

Much less hype, but Ysayle USB is great and +ice! Also squall glint +ice! rest is meh / dupes but still a good pull for free.

USB select, iris USB is a dupe sadly, I have nothing for Jack but Celes BSB is an atk/mag buff so that's nice. Not gonna choose the USB yet, I need dark/water the most so considering Sephiroth USB2, Yuffie USB2, Bartz USB2 mainly.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I got a good haul, bunch of solid USBs, but nothing outstanding. I'm trying to decide what I want for my selection. I've got most of the most have USBs. I would really like a magic water weapon, but I guess there's no option. Another good ice weapon would be nice, so Squall and Ysale are options. I've had my eye on Aerith's USB for a while, and Ignis's is supposed to be pretty great, right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If you already have godwall what’s the next best thing on that USB select list?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

MarcusSA posted:

If you already have godwall what’s the next best thing on that USB select list?

Ellara's USB is pretty much the top tier healing relic out there. If you dont have it I'd prioritize it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

Ellara's USB is pretty much the top tier healing relic out there. If you dont have it I'd prioritize it.

Ok cool I picked that. Should I fully record dive her then? I assume she’s worth it.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Well my salty pulls pushed me to try Syldra finally. And holy poo poo she's tough. This was my first successful run and also my first non-mastery Sub-30. It came down to Squall hitting a last second SSS for like 8k total damage to barely finish her. Now to do it 11 more times!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Freebie 13/80:
Agrias OSB, Emperor BSB2, Reno USB, Squall USB2, Decil LMR1, Exdeath LMR (all dupes)
Ingus USB, Papalymo BSB, Yuffie ASB, Ayame LMR1, Larsa BSB, Rubicante BSB, Haurchefant LMR

It could certainly be better with 6/13 being dupes. But between this and the first KH banner Yuffie is getting really stacked.

Wondrous 3/11:
Pecil GSB, Alma USB2, Rosa USB

Oh hey, it's healing that doesn't suck for FFT. And Rosa USB. And finally I can grab Elarra USB with some funny money from Google Rewards surveys.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is Divine Veil the godwall that people have been mentioning?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Hades is still beating my arse raw - I'm sure that I am using Unicorn incorrectly as the status blink is gone by the time he pops Dispel > interrupt slaps > black cauldron. Status effects hit and it's all over. Here's my team:

TGCid full dive, USB, 2x rear end Sabre, LM1+LM2, ace striker.
Marche full dive, USB, rear end Sabre + Protectga, LM1+2, battleforged.
Ramza full dive, CSB, rear end Sabre, LMR 1 + 2, DMT.
OK full dive, pUSB, Ultra Cure + Shellga, LMR1, Mako Might
Elarra full dive, USB1, Curada + Hastega, LM1 + 2, TGMode RM.
Magicite: Unicorn main, Shadow Dragon/Siren/Evrae/Seraph for sub.

With regards to status blink I have access to Iris BSB and today I got Tyro USB4,or USB1 for a quick rebuff after dispel. What's giving me the most trouble is trying to recognise what I need to be looking out for and when to time the blink. It was much easier against Ixion to time Penelo's USB, but for Hades I don't know what I'm looking for and it kinda sucks.

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 22, 2019

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Onion pUSB, Marche USB or Orlandu USB? I'm thinking Orlandu but onion pUSB would be pretty swell for a lot of stuff

I see the pick can be made anytime before 3/14, is the 4A realms on parade or whatever happening before that?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

^^^ Onion is great, esp if you have his LMR already. If your phys holy needs help badly I'd pick Orlando first over Marche personally, Ive had both for a long time and Orlando has seen a lot more use.

DeadButDelicious posted:

Hades is still beating my arse raw - I'm sure that I am using Unicorn incorrectly as the status blink is gone by the time he pops Dispel > interrupt slaps > black cauldron. Status effects hit and it's all over. Here's my team:

With regards to status blink I have access to Iris BSB and today I got Tyro USB4,or USB1 for a quick rebuff after dispel. What's giving me the most trouble is trying to recognise what I need to be looking out for and when to time the blink. It was much easier against Ixion to time Penelo's USB, but for Hades I don't know what I'm looking for and it kinda sucks.

It depends on how good your dps is - phase 1 he doesnt cauldron until turn 6 so if you dps fast enough you'll push him to phase 2 and miss it. If you don't push fast enough it doesn't matter, just pop it whenever, theres no other status phase 1.

Phase 2 and 3, he does his interrupt on his first turn, then no other statuses until turn 4 cauldron. Just use your astra after the savage strike. It's not as complicated as it seems once you know what to look for. And hey, if you dps SUPER fast, you can skip all the cauldrons! Harder than it sounds, but great if you can do it.

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 22, 2019

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

my 40 draws were pretty good!

For the first one I got Gabranth's OSB, which is a 6* pure dark+ sword, which I appreciate, and I also got Red's Earth Chain 2.0, which is huge. I only have Rinoa's brave for another consistent source of Earth magic, but it's a start for sure. Nothing really of note in the 5* department for what I got there.

Second pull was Paladin Cecil's Arcane, which I think I might have already had? But I also hilariously got Ingus's Earth Chain 1.0, which I don't need since I managed to get Galuf's some time ago. The 5*s on this one were good though. LMRs for Meliadoul and Rikku - the former is a +earth sword, something I lack a bit of, and the latter is a useful turn quickening tool for someone I use in a lot of parties. All in all pretty solid.

Now, there's no question that I will try to pay for the Wonderous Relic Draw, but I'm unsure of what I will pick. I wanted Onion Knight's Bartz-like USB, but that's not an option. I don't have Godwall, but I don't really NEED it either because of Rikku's USB in most content, or I can squeeze in the tools without much issue. I already have Elarra's USB as well. I was thinking of shoring up some of my weaker teams.

What I'm leaning towards is the Tidus USB that's on the selection. I already have a lot of tools for Tidus - his instant-cast BSB, his enwater LMR, his Arcane... but I've never had a tool to tie it all together. Anyone think that's a solid idea? All I have for water besides that is Yuffie's USB, and I'd still need a chain, but it would be better than nothing I think.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DeadButDelicious posted:

Just use Tyro with USB1 instead of OK. It gives hastega and astra, so you pop it when he dispels and you're right back on track. Give him powerchain and wrath so he can pop it instantly. With your setup, OK is only bringing +crit chance which is useless for your main damage dealer anyway. This will also let you replace Unicorn with a better main holy magicite like Siren.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yes. Not only does his USB3 apply regular Wall (ie, +200% DEF/RES) but also other useful defenses, ergo "Godwall". It was one of the most anticipated relics when it was released, in fact.

DeadButDelicious posted:

Dovetailing into this, you're talking about Tyro's USB1. It was part of the early experimental phase but holds up enough these days. His USB2 was Hastega + ATK/DEF/MAG/RES/MND +30% + some weak attacks, but that was only available as a promotional item during a previous fest so I doubt you can even get it on the Free Relic Draw.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Here's my haul:

Nine USB - Dupe
Rydia USB - Dupe
Balthier USB - I'm already swamped with physical fire USBs, but this will be good for Zodiark.
Fran BSB - Pretty good debuff package, although no unique debuffs.
Refia BSB - See above about physical fire. +fire bracer

Firion USB - Functionally useless since I already have his BUSB. What were they even thinking with this? +holy sword
Snow USB - Good for reflect shenanigans but that's not really my style.
Mustadio USB - Dupe, +fire gun
Vaan BSB - This thing used to be amazing back when debuffs were worth a drat. Being non-elemental really holds it back though.
Paine BSB - Honestly this is the one I'm most excited about because it's a +water sword.
Rinoa BSB - An extremely old BSB that only does damage on entry.

Nothing great, but I can't really complain if it's free.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

I got like 10 things off the 80-pull and I already don't remember what any of it was. Oh wait, I did get Celes USB which was exciting since I've had her fully dived since forever and now I have something borderline-relevant for her again.

Got Riku's Awakening, along with a ton of dupes for KH. I have his Awakening, Arcane, and Glint which is kind of an awkward combo, but at least the Arcane means he can do something other than the Awakening since you can only use each one once.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yes, speaking of which, anyone else get this and set it as their RW? I know friend codes aren't what they used to be, but I still use 'em for the event 220/260 and I'm not going to bring Tyro for those. Post 'em if you got 'em. (Or post if you have something else as your RW too, I'll probably follow anyway as long as it's not something completely useless.)

Mine for anyone who needs it: DM6Y

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Shoot, I am sorry helpful goons, for some reason my brain misfired and said Tyro USB1. what I meant was, godwall, and his USB4, warders apocrypha. I have no idea why I didn't just say godwall and warders to begin with.

If the numbers are confusing it's because I was going off of his listed SBs on the FFRK site. Once again apologies for confusion.

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 22, 2019

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

First 40 pull:

Lightning USB (dupe)
Rem USB (dupe, third copy lol)
Bartz BSB3 (dupe)
Shelke BSB

Second 40 pull:

Rikku Chain
Garnet Chain
Relm USB
Relm LMR
Ignis LMR
Lightning BSB1 (dupe)
Edgar BSB (dupe)

Was pretty disappointed after that first pull, but the second definitely makes up for it. I've already got Tidus' chain and a bunch of other poo poo for him so I don't think Rikku is gonna make the cut unfortunately, but getting a Lightning chain is definitely nice. Relm's USB + LMR seems like a nice package, too. Don't have anything else for Ignis, but another +fire armor is always fine with me.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

^^^ Rikku chain is better since it lets you skip bringing Ramza/OK to buff atk, and she can also use water skills tho it means making another sapphire bullet just for her, and tidus can use his meter for one of his other amazing SB's

Fister Roboto posted:

Firion USB - Functionally useless since I already have his BUSB. What were they even thinking with this? +holy sword

They were thinking to pair it with his BSB which is pretty awkward. They finally caved and gave him Knight access in JP though, he should be getting it in Global in a month or so I think so you can use it for holy then

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 22, 2019

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is anyone else getting a strange feeling of deja vu

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I don’t play much anymore but I saw the free draws notification and figured I’d log in for that.

Ummmm holy poo poo. :stare: All new.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DeadButDelicious posted:

Shoot, I am sorry helpful goons, for some reason my brain misfired and said Tyro USB1. what I meant was, godwall, and his USB4, warders apocrypha. I have no idea why I didn't just say godwall and warders to begin with.

If the numbers are confusing it's because I was going off of his listed SBs on the FFRK site. Once again apologies for confusion.

Definitely use Godwall instead of OK then. It will save you three ability slots, and you'll be able to rebuff instantly after the dispel with powerchain. You'll also be able to use Fabula Raider for a little more damage, assuming you aren't already damage capped.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

11/92

Noel USB2
Squall USB1
Minwu BSB2
Ace OSB
Ace LMR 1
Yuffie BSB1
Tifa LMR 1
Leon USB
Beatrix OSB
Elarra LMR (dupe)
Freya LMR

Not great, but maybe someone can tell me other wise. Having USB1 for Squall is nice to go with BSB2 and OSB. Now to choose between godwall and Elarra USB. I have gotten this far without using Tyro whatsoever but sounds like I may need godwall more going forward. I have healer USB's galore, Relm, Ovelia, Aria, Rosa, Lenna, Aerith (USB1) and Aphmau. But I know how clutch the regen on Elarra's USB is it is tough to justify with all my wonderful USB's laying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

BGrifter posted:

I don’t play much anymore but I saw the free draws notification and figured I’d log in for that.

Ummmm holy poo poo. :stare: All new.
you get 2 pulls, fyi