Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm living in the 21st century
Doing something mean to it
Do it better than anybody you ever seen do it
Screams from the haters
Got a nice ring to it
I guess every superhero needs his theme music

No one man should have all that power
The clock's ticking
I just count the hours
Stop tripping, I'm tripping off my power
21st CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo. :stare:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Some of the KC shots brought to mind the horror of the original Killer Queen reveal in their QUALITY, but thank god for the most part he looked exactly as loving angry as he should have.

Special shoutouts to the soundtrack and Bucciarati's feelings, which you will never understand.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I can't believe you said that

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

bruno's funeral suit just being inverted colors but same pattern is so funny

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

King Crimson is so cool.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love Bruno's monologue after his backstory.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 5 continues the parallels to part 3 in that sticky fingers and king crimson are the 'same type' of stand because, as you can see, king crimson was able to unzip bruno's midsection

it's an interesting reversal where we got to see a protagonist's take on the power before the villain's

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Boss talking through King Crimson isn't something I think I'm ever going to be comfortable seeing, it just looks wrong

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bruno got Kakyoin'd

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

part 5 continues the parallels to part 3 in that sticky fingers and king crimson are the 'same type' of stand because, as you can see, king crimson was able to unzip bruno's midsection

it's an interesting reversal where we got to see a protagonist's take on the power before the villain's

in an actual same type of stand parallel bruno's first encounter with giorno has him looking at his past self while his encounter with the boss has him looking at his future self

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I had totally forgotten that this altercation happened this early. I was getting confused when I saw the hall and architecture, since I remembered that part of this fight being memorable from when I read the comic years ago.

Bruno is the best.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The most irredeemable villain in all of jojo - someone who skips parts

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Being penetrated from behind like that's gotta be uncomfortable.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I can't believe we are just past the halfway point for this Jo-Jo part.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I think I actually understood the Bruno Seeing Himself poo poo by finally seeing it animated

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It helps to have a more clear translation and explanation.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
They shuffled around the pacing at the end there and I'm not sure if I like it. In the manga there's a chapter break right after Bruno punches the pillar but before you see the outcome, and the chapter after is the rest of the crew outside doing things. Giving away whats happening before you see how it effects the rest of the crew kinda ruins the fun of the next chapter.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When I suggested earlier that Bruno just zip Abbaccio's severed hand back on, I didn't think it was thing he could actually do. Also, like, rip Bruno. You were cool and so was Sticky Fingers. Probably my favorite of the Part 5 Stands.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

YggiDee posted:

When I suggested earlier that Bruno just zip Abbaccio's severed hand back on, I didn't think it was thing he could actually do. Also, like, rip Bruno. You were cool and so was Sticky Fingers. Probably my favorite of the Part 5 Stands.

That's what he did to Abbacchio.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
See, I missed that the first time around and thought they went to a hospital or something.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think we're maybe getting a bit ahead of ourselves regarding The Boss' Stand.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I think we're maybe getting a bit ahead of ourselves regarding The Boss' Stand.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

YggiDee posted:

See, I missed that the first time around and thought they went to a hospital or something.

They were in a car? in the next episode and Abachio was complaining about how his hand still hurt from Bruno zipping it back on

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Yes, upon re-watching there is very clearly a zipper. That's what I get for trying to watch episodes on my lunch break.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

zipping the body parts on pretty much just functions the same way as reattaching a lost finger/whatever within a certain amount of time, more or less. it just takes the place of copious stitches and the like.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hopefully everyone compares Hit from Dragon Ball Super to the appropriate time manipulating villain now.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The zipper transition from the past to the present was rad as gently caress

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLCIfDqgDIk

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Did everyone else notice there were significantly more chains in this op this week? Makes me think next week is sound effect time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Vahtooch posted:

Did everyone else notice there were significantly more chains in this op this week? Makes me think next week is sound effect time.

Uh no there wasn't?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

smol angry boy is finally here

so, why isn't the gore in this part censored at all anyway? is it on in a different time slot in Japan now or what?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wrong thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
They tried to censor all of the gore in Part 5, but then realized they shouldn't bother doing useless things. Muda muda.

Seriously, though, I have no clue. If this was any other part, it feels like almost half of this episode's action would have been a black screen.

On that note, Bruno stabbing a man in the eye and killing him when he was 12 was a thing. :stare:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Guys this is the anime thread...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They've censored the gore by splashing blood over the gaping wounds! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i was curious about something and this works way too well not to share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e8EE-Vu2DQ