Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Sir Scarlet

Viceroy Vermillion

Faceface McFistfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Dragonwagon posted:

Calling it now: the OP is going to skip ahead whenever Diavolo would appear in it until he is fully revealed in the story.

My theory is next week will start with Fighting Gold, but then King Crimson will skip ahead to the next OP.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I don't think we're getting King Crimson loving with the OP until the Colosseum.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gonna need KC to skip to next week or Epitaph to forecast me the episode.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Also does Diavolo have his done up like Doppio's right now?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1099005253930942464

Funky Valentine posted:

I think this is still "The Boss" and not officially "Diavolo" yet, so his silhouette is nondescript.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Funky Valentine posted:

Halfway there, his body type is different but you can faintly see that he has his hair tied back.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Expect My Mom posted:

king crimson

:hai:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did they skip the part where KC is just lounging on the stairs or is that coming next week?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Someone gif the part where Bruno slides down the wall next to the cabinet, TIA

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

Electric Phantasm posted:

Did they skip the part where KC is just lounging on the stairs or is that coming next week?

next week, I'd presume. It's after he gets turtled.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

Next week.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Did they not bother looking at the manga for reference? His chin is completely wrong. Also not a fan of him talking. The creepy expression as he just stares at you is iconic.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

overmind2000 posted:

Halfway there, his body type is different but you can faintly see that he has his hair tied back.

Plus he has the broken irises, so he's definitely in Diavolo mode right now.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm fine with Diavolo talking through King Crimson so we're not just not looking at still images, I just wish King Crimson wouldn't move his head as much, makes him a look a bit too expressive

we better get used to it tho, Pucci talks through (and I think even to?) Whitesnake like a lot

e: white snake, white album what's the difference

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 22, 2019

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

White Snake bitches about Pucci like twice.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like how White Snake just shows up right at the beginning of part 6 pretty much so you already have a feel for who the villain stand is gonna be (even though White Snake ends up not being the final stand because of evolution poo poo)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, White Snake is one of those weird stands that's totally sentient, like Anubis and Cheap Trick and Yo Yo Ma.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sometimes it's not so bad though. I'd sure like a Hey Ya to give me encouragement.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Funky Valentine posted:

Reminds me of Buff Semi-Transformed Doppio when he whacks the fortuneteller

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like how Whitesnake just shoots a guy, with a gun

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I hope everyone did their homework and watched the Futurama episode Time Keeps on Slipping

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It bothers me more than it should that the anime thread is talking about the time skipping power when I don't think it has been made clear yet that that is what King Crimson does

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He says he erased time and leapt past it at the end. It may just be clear to me because I read the manga though.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah it's pretty clear he's doing fuckery with time and outright says he showed Bucci his future.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

FirstAidKite posted:

It bothers me more than it should that the anime thread is talking about the time skipping power when I don't think it has been made clear yet that that is what King Crimson does

He's so jazzed!

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 22, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Expect My Mom posted:

I think I actually understood the Bruno Seeing Himself poo poo by finally seeing it animated

crossposting it over here, but yeah, he can sort of let people use epitaph and since bruno had no idea what the gently caress was going on he ended up punching himself/whatever while diavolo utilizes the other part of his ability, which leads to bruno getting 5-finger death punched

kinda like how he was granting it to doppio. even if they are technically the same person he's still able to 'separate' the two aspects.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

El Burbo posted:

God, Stone Ocean is so good.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I'm okay with people sort of talking openly in the anime thread about King Crimson because he literally says "erases time" but just be chill folks

(none of you have ever proven to be chill but fool me twice)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Johnny Joestar posted:

crossposting it over here, but yeah, he can sort of let people use epitaph and since bruno had no idea what the gently caress was going on he ended up punching himself/whatever while diavolo utilizes the other part of his ability, which leads to bruno getting 5-finger death punched

kinda like how he was granting it to doppio. even if they are technically the same person he's still able to 'separate' the two aspects.
this is not at all how i choose to interpret it but i can accept this too

my headcanon for that bit that is probably full of holes is that Bruno is seeing the two ends of the moment of Diavolo is erasing together in this weird split second. Like for a moment as the time is erased, Bruno's brain sees the instant that he's right in front him and then instantly becomes that person he's seeing.

which i like even if it's wrong

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Gruckles posted:

God, Stone Ocean is so good.

I'm dying to see Stone Ocean be animated.

Especially given literally episode 1 will open with a discussion about masturbating because a prison guard looked like Tom Cruise.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Expect My Mom posted:

I think I actually understood the Bruno Seeing Himself poo poo by finally seeing it animated

Same but with the elevator
Diavolo jumped into the elevator during a time-skip, grabbed Trish while Bruno wasn’t looking, then skipped time again to climb out of the elevator

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Fat and Useless posted:

He's so jazzed!

Eh

My bad, I didn't realize he mentioned skipping, I thought he'd just mentioned the epitaph stuff with how Bruno was able to reach out and hit "himself" in the future. Sorry. Only explanation is that I'm dumb and completely missed when he said that line.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fat and Useless posted:

He's so jazzed!

I like the theory that Epitaph represents Doppio/is Doppio's Stand. He's so happy to be doing crime :3:

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

El Burbo posted:

Wasn't there a Stand in Jorge Joestar that's just a guy with a gun? Like the Stand itself comes with just a normal gun to shoot people with.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think that would be NYPD Blue

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Y'all missed Kaiser Crimson

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

I think that would be NYPD Blue

Yep, there he is. Just a guy with Stand eyes with a gun. Totally forgot the User's hair is just The King of All Cosmos' weird head thing to boot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

AU Bruno's Stand is named Stepmom but also named Goodnight Moon and it's basically girl Sticky Fingers but with thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

*Watching anime-only watchers go "RIP Bruno" knowing they are both incorrect and correct* Lol