Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

I'm not sure where to get a bunch of the mats I need. Ozymandias's upgrade material has just started dropping.

Join the discord there's a bot that'll tell you exactly where the best place to farm is. If you dont wanna do that you can check the mat out on the wiki.

https://discord.gg/n59pWYs

https://grandorder.wiki/Fool%27s_Chain

Kild fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Feb 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nodosaur posted:

I'm not sure where to get a bunch of the mats I need. Ozymandias's upgrade material has just started dropping.

dont have either one
Yeah you in general just might be in a situation where you will have to focus on bulking folks up. Grinding mats from Free Quests is a possibility (as pointed out above) but that will only get you so far as now you will have to start being a bit more selective of your crew in order to cater it to specific strategies.

Mordred in Camelot is one I beat with Robin, primarily. And you will have him eventually. You also can stall as much as possible with folks who can stun or NP drain. Since Mordred's NP is AOE, even a friend's Cuzilla will only get you so far, but you might be able to deal enough damage quickly if they get lucky with how they fare after their guts procs.

Alternatively Mordred might have low enough HP that a friend's Herc with the Bond CE can just outlast her when he's the last one standing.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Fwiw you can clear pretty much all of part 1 with mash, George and Leonidas backing up a friendly cuzilla so that might be something you want to try. That said the story fights stop loving around around Camelot so spending some time leveling a core team might be helpful.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
While Cuzerker is better at clearing the story as fast as possible, I would say that specifically for boss battles, Heracles with Bond CE is better. Put the friend slot on the last place, fill all other slots with your Servants and try to do as much damage as possible and when all your Servants die, finish it with friend Heracles. I would say that outside of Babylon's final battle(s), every other boss or difficult fight in part 1 can be pretty much soloed with Bond CE Heracles.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Robin and David are my reliable Archer duo, even though I've got a bunch of great 5-star Archers.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Robin is available in the friend point gacha, so try pulling that until you get him.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I used Robin Hood for almost everything when I was in Camelot. NP 5 Yew Bow :black101:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yew Bow was probably the first time I got such a huge damage number that I went :stare:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Robin Hood and Euryale are low-key rockstars in a class chock-full of good units. Level them!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/SkadiSays/status/1099150503903182848

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

8 tickets and a multi on the Babylonia banner, got exactly what I wanted :toot:

oh god im drowning in CEs

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Dropped 30 SQ on the Babylon banner, got smol snek and a third copy of Berserker Vlad. :toot:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Got Ozzy from the Camelot banner. :toot:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Sirens, the lot of you

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I rolled 1 10 roll on the Babylonia banner, hoping to get at least an NP2 Taiga, and instead got one of the worst rolls of my entire FGO career. I fell for the bait and paid the price, don't be like me kids.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Used the 8 tickets on camelot aiming for Ozzy. Walked away with NP2 Drake :shrug:

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Threw my hat in the single 10 pull GUARANTEED SUCCESS train on the Babylonia banner, and... got NP2 Enkidu and a spiffy new theoppositeofsmol-snek. Truth in advertising.

Pureauthor posted:

Sirens, the lot of you

Azur Lane servants confirmed?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well, I'm excited.

e:
finally... the cocks shall grow like flowers

Terper fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 23, 2019

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm having an embarrassingly large amount of problems with the challenge quests. Gawain... he bullies too much.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Salter down (with command seals, hats off to anyone that goes without seals).
Man, the Merlin hate is real.

E: oh, hello there Gawain. I'll be brutally honest, I don't like you and I'd rather have Saber Lancelot.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 23, 2019

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

How does Suzuka compare to Saberlot? Getting Casgil and Gorgon took off two of my potential picks for the 4* ticket we'll get later this year, which pretty much just left Saberlot until I noticed Suzuka should be available on it as well.

e: actually nevermind, for some reason I thought Suzuka was ST. Probably gonna be Saberlot then.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 23, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Oh Snapple! posted:

How does Suzuka compare to Saberlot? Getting Casgil and Gorgon took off two of my potential picks for the 4* ticket we'll get later this year, which pretty much just left Saberlot until I noticed Suzuka should be available on it as well.

One's AoE, one's ST. Not comparable.

Suzaku is burst AoE saber with some status effects and a delayed NP charge.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Finally got around to clearing Salter. Took it slow and ultimately took 38 turns total, but finished without any command seals. Aside from an early loss of Mash - and that was deliberate (subbed in to save both Merlins - one with the switch, one with the Invuln.) - cleared it mostly cleanly until near the end of the last phase. Salter resisting a Command Code stun meant I had to eat an Excalibur I wasn't anticipating and having my own Waver and Merlin (whose Invuln. was up the next turn) go down. The support Merlin went down shortly thereafter due to now being the sole focus, but cleared with other two still at nearly full health (Chloe, who'd been my main attacker, and Jeanne).

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

Speaking of AOE vs ST, who is better between Lobo and Gorgon? I'm having a hard time deciding who to pick for the 4* ticket. On one hand, Gorgon is story-locked, so she's a lot harder to get normally. On the other hand, Lobo is a big fluffy puppy.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

are we getting a pick ticket soon

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

Aurora posted:

are we getting a pick ticket soon

Nah. It'll probably be September. I just like planning ahead.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Magical Bee posted:

Speaking of AOE vs ST, who is better between Lobo and Gorgon? I'm having a hard time deciding who to pick for the 4* ticket. On one hand, Gorgon is story-locked, so she's a lot harder to get normally. On the other hand, Lobo is a big fluffy puppy.

In terms of abilities they’re both kind of mediocre so honestly I’d go with whoever you like more.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm probably gonna pick nero. sorry lancer artoria alter

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh no I just realized my choice is actually between Pent and Saberlot.

Fuuuuuuuck.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I feel the good boy is slightly better due to having a crit absorb skill

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

Fuuuuuuuck.

That makes it a lot easier. How could you resist this face?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Magical Bee posted:

This is one of the few instances I'd say having an AOE NP hurts your servant more than not. I'd say Lobo is straight up better than Gorgon, because while he isn't amazing he's got a very solid toolkit for dealing with his target class, Rulers. He can cleanse buffs off of a target, apply's sure hit to himself for the turn before he applies damage when his NP is used, and he can up his star absorption for burst damage. He's gonna be only strong for one-turn, but if you need him to kill the hell out of a ruler he does it pretty well especially since his NP is quick multiplier. Gorgon by comparison doesn't have as much going on, unfortunately. She's got a strong crit damage buff with a guts attached to it but no star absorb skill so you gotta brute force stars with her, a single-turn attack buff, and her NP does refund NP charge to the whole team it's still not an amazing one. Lobo is definitely the better one here imo and I've gotten a lot of mileage out of just using him sometimes to annihilate a ruler and then either swapping him or keeping him out until he dies. Avenger class as a whole is kinda a mess though, Edmond being the only who is out and out amazing and the rest have either fallen off from being amazing, always been subpar, or are Salieri who is good and the only 3* avenger in the game.

I'm not biased in any way though, no sir don't look at my av, I am not biased towards any avenger in particular.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Fuuuuuuuck.

The obvious choice here is Penthesilea, this should be easy

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh Snapple! posted:

Fuuuuuuuck.

I'll go to bat for Saberlot. He's a true knight, kind and gentle. And if you don't have Assassin Kiritsugu, I'm sure your Iri is very lonely.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Magical Bee posted:

waves of ruler enemies basically don't exist, so Lobo will get more use in his effective niche. he's also got better utility with buff stripping and can handle his own star issues, whereas Gorgon needs to run Hot Sands, SDE etc. i've heard Lobo doesn't really have Skadi synergy so maybe Gorgon comes out ahead as a neutral waveclearer with Merlin, but you could do better. her party NP charge is nice, i guess.

efb

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wish i hadn't gotten saberlot spooks because now it means swapping to yagyu as my main arts saber is more of an investment :sigh:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lobo doesn't have Skadi synergy the way Ed does, but you can use her buffs on him and if you end up with a quick chain and crits on all of them he will tear through pretty much anything's health and refund a lot of NP if it's on overcharge or overkill. Not the most powerful use of Skadi, but he does benefit from her a decent bit.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

Fuuuuuuuck.

Both are good, I'd say it depends on your playstyle and preferences. Pent is great as an extra source of buster party buffs, but Saberlot is one of the best arts attackers.

I'd probably go for Saberlot myself, but I like arts teams.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bakanogami posted:

Both are good, I'd say it depends on your playstyle and preferences. Pent is great as an extra source of buster party buffs, but Saberlot is one of the best arts attackers.

I'd probably go for Saberlot myself, but I like arts teams.

Yeah having a ST arts saber is super, super tempting and dead honest the only reason I'm considering him. That said, like a month after we get this ticket Yagyu comes out.

God trying to get Musashi, Tomoe, and Yagyu during those campaigns is gonna hurt.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 23, 2019

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
I hate the fact summer servants are not an option, I so badly want Archer Anne & Mary so I can have a decent buster ST archer :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

get owned kid