Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Even after her announcement to the House on Thursday that she would be retiring at the May election, Morrison seemed to struggle to think of any of her accomplishments. Because he didn't name any. He did say: "We share many things in common, not just thinking that Tina Arena is the best Australian female singer! Apart from that, there is the passion that she has always brought to her role; the dignity and grace that she has always demonstrated in every single role that she has held. She is an incredibly classy individual."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

Entitled Millennials have been given an “inflated” sense of self-importance due to social media and are no longer willing to do unpaid work to advance their careers.

That’s the view of Muffin Break general manager Natalie Brennan, who says the precipitous decline in eager young university students and graduates started “about 10 years ago”....

ur a loving idiot and you sell poo poo food and worse coffee. this mindset is as ingrained at the mouse poo poo on her floors.

it's amazing what interns and grads achieve when, y'know - you don't treat them like crap.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Whole lot of goons itt who live in large metropolitan areas with strong opinions on car drivers being bad

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Gridlocked posted:

Whole lot of goons itt who live in large metropolitan areas with strong opinions on car drivers being bad

User name post combo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I walk to my job in Melbourne CBD because I'm rich bitch

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Don't worry, the revolution remembers your private school education and richness and will make sure there's space on the wall for you :jihad:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Millennials are killing the [literal slavery] industry!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/1099232761850650625

https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/1099233730118410240

:laugh:

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
sometimes i piss

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

I walk to my job in Melbourne CBD because I'm rich bitch

Oh hell son, you’ve left The West behind?

You can take the boy out of the west...

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Person on $500k+ a year complains it's harder to find people who will work for free

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dude McAwesome posted:

Oh hell son, you’ve left The West behind?

You can take the boy out of the west...

I walk from Footscray it takes an hour :madmax:

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

I walk from Footscray it takes an hour :madmax:

Get them steps up my dude, you’re gonna live forever.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Turns out this guy used to manage the membership base of the Chamber of Minerals and Energy, so another climate change denying white man :thumbsup:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1099292217846378496

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
It's totally Abetz, isn't it?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Doesn't say if it's a state or federal mp.

e:

https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1099301707387875328

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/chriskkenny/status/1099276520005066752

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:wtc:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

:vomarine:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I'm just baffled

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Idgi?

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

He needs it to shoot anyone who gets in the way of him loving a dog. Obviously.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I thought it was literally a dog whistling metaphor, where the good christian white dog is little, and the evil thug scary black dog is much bigger. So the innocent, obviously only acting in self defense white dog needs a gun.

Although to be honest that is a bit of a stretch. So maybe I don't get it either.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I do sympathise with the necessity of the paladin tender and the challenges the government had to overcome in finding people to run it successfully in such a short space of time. The only organisation with the expertise and motivation to operate a facility like manus island were mostly imprisoned after the nuremberg trials

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Tgent posted:

He needs it to shoot anyone who gets in the way of him loving a dog. Obviously.

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011

I thought he was a lover, not a fighter?

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
Obviously he's just saying he wants an extra arm on the side of his body that he can use to pat the dog.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

snoremac posted:

There's not even the pretense of rationalization with some of her complaints. "An interviewee tried to negotiate pay. I blacklisted them." Like, is a middle sentence missing?

She's a franchise licensee, I guarantee you she underpays staff with an attitude like that. Licensees are the biggest morons, they sign contracts that completely screw them and blame everyone else for it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

ewe2 posted:

She's a franchise licensee, I guarantee you she underpays staff with an attitude like that. Licensees are the biggest morons, they sign contracts that completely screw them and blame everyone else for it.

RFG lost that Michel's case recently. I wish there was a way for both sides to lose though.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Anidav posted:

Entitled Millennials have been given an “inflated” sense of self-importance due to social media and are no longer willing to do unpaid work to advance their careers.

That’s the view of Muffin Break general manager Natalie Brennan, who says the precipitous decline in eager young university students and graduates started “about 10 years ago”.

“There’s just nobody walking in my door asking for an internship, work experience or unpaid work, nobody,” Ms Brennan said.

“You don’t see it anymore. Before that people would be knocking on your door all the time, you couldn’t keep up with how many people wanted to be working. In fact I’d run programs because there were so many coming in.”

Last year she had one intern in marketing and “that was it”. “I can’t even remember the one before that, six, seven, eight years ago,” she said.

“In essence they’re working for free, but I can tell you every single person who has knocked on my door for an internship or work experience has ended up with a job. Every single person, because they back themselves.”

Ms Brennan, who has been with franchise giant Foodco for 18 years, says that kind of passion is lacking these days.

“One fellow I hired, he was underqualified, completely not the right person, but he rang me every two weeks for six months,” she said.

“He said, ‘I will do anything, I’ll start at ground level.’ After six months I hired him, because you can’t teach passion and enthusiasm. He worked for five or six years and moved on to a high role in another company.”

These days, she notices candidates often walk in to interviews “thinking they’re better than the job”, immediately asking, “How long before I get my promotion? When is the first payrise?”

In one case after she ended the interview early, the candidate “sent me an abusive email saying I was underpaying, but then said, ‘If you pay X amount more I’ll come and work for you’”.

“People are clueless,” she said.

“Not only am I not going to hire you, I will tell everybody about you as well. That’s the thing people don’t realise — whatever industry you’re in, it’s a small industry.”

Ms Brennan says there is “this unreal view that you’re going to come into a company and be the general manager or CEO in five years”.

“Nowadays I will often put the actual pay on the (job listing) and say this is not negotiable, because you have a budget for a role,” she said.

“There might be $2000, $3000, $5000 flex for the right person, but generally it doesn’t matter if an amazing person comes in if you’re hiring for a junior role, you only have a junior role pay. But there are still people out there who come in and say, ‘I’m willing to work for junior wages to show what I’m worth.’”

Ms Brennan blames social media for the entitlement mentality.

“I think everybody thinks social media is going to get them ahead somewhere,” she said. “There’s definitely that inflated view of their self-importance because they have X amount of Instagram followers or this many likes. That’s dangerous.”

And that flows through into performance management. “It’s like, I’m your manager and your mentor but not your cheerleader,” she said.

“Even giving people constructive criticism about how they can learn or improve, it’s like someone is ‘unfriending’ them. It’s like a personal attack. This ability to learn and grow through working in an environment, people don’t want to do it anymore.”

She feels like young people want to be applauded or named “staff member of the month for doing their job”. “Great, you did your job, so you get to keep your job,” she said.

“I’m generalising, but it definitely feels like this generation of 20-somethings has to be rewarded even if it’s the most mundane, boring thing, they want to be rewarded for doing their job constantly.”

Ms Brennan recalls how, after she went overseas to a conference for two weeks, one of her subordinates demanded a payrise for “looking after the department” while she was gone.

“I said, ‘Actually you didn’t, I wasn’t on leave. You had maybe an extra 10 emails to deal with for two weeks. That was part of your job. If you had solved this problem or saved us money, that’s a thing to bring to me.’”

lmao inject this poo poo into my veins

I volunteer on top underpaid teaching job, a research assistant job, and my "scholarship" for my PhD research. Prior to this, I worked 4 unpaid "volunteer" research assistant jobs to "build experience" whilst studying full time and working casually.

This is not some amazing exceptional ability on my part. This is the norm for people in my field/my age.

Just loving hell

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Recoome posted:

lmao inject this poo poo into my veins

I volunteer on top underpaid teaching job, a research assistant job, and my "scholarship" for my PhD research. Prior to this, I worked 4 unpaid "volunteer" research assistant jobs to "build experience" whilst studying full time and working casually.

This is not some amazing exceptional ability on my part. This is the norm for people in my field/my age.

Just loving hell

But you could have used that time becoming a bakery hand smh

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Without young people volunteering how can small businesses survive?

*purchases Range Rover*

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Anidav posted:

Ms Brennan recalls how, after she went overseas to a conference for two weeks, one of her subordinates demanded a payrise for “looking after the department” while she was gone.

“I said, ‘Actually you didn’t, I wasn’t on leave. You had maybe an extra 10 emails to deal with for two weeks. That was part of your job. If you had solved this problem or saved us money, that’s a thing to bring to me.’”

How much does she get paid for her job that amounts to maybe an email to deal with per day?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
To defend the 'woman' he loves.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
he just wants to murder everyone in that picture without having to reload, and who can honestly blame him?

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

thatbastardken posted:

he just wants to murder everyone in that picture without having to reload, and who can honestly blame him?

if by murder you mean gently caress
and by everyone you mean the dog
and reload meaning... ejaculating?

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Gridlocked posted:

It's not really about the drivers, it's about how a vehicle that's a half to a third the size of a bus, with a fraction of the capacity, which usually travels with fewer than 2 occupants hogs all the space on the road and has been heavily subsidised by people's health and government. Meanwhile, that same government has refused to provide adequate active and public transport options, let alone communicate or show some leadership to everyone involved that suburban sprawl costs billions more than infill, and we can increase density without everyone living in Blade Runner-esque squalor.

Here in Perth they're spending millions widening the freeway, meanwhile anything to do with cycling is 1% of the state governments entire transportation budget despite 50% of all trips made by car being within feasible cycling distance. Also there's still few public transport services that take you east-west so no wonder people spend 15 minutes driving when the alternative is spending an hour going into Perth first then heading out again or riding on busy main roads that are only busy because there's so few services connecting these areas.

I'm not saying ban cars, I'm saying very little has been done for some really low hanging fruit and maybe we should tackle those before doing gigantic road building or widening projects that just encourage driving. We wouldn't need to widen the freeway if we managed to encourage even a small fraction of drivers to jump on a bus or train or bike.

GotLag posted:

How much does she get paid for her job that amounts to maybe an email to deal with per day?

I think she was claiming she wasn't actually on leave and was taking calls and emails in the mean time.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

froglet posted:

and we can increase density without everyone living in Blade Runner-esque squalor.

but what if I want Blade Runner-esque squalor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GoldStandardConure posted:

but what if I want Blade Runner-esque squalor?

move to Brisbane