Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

That's not even bad, look at this poo poo:

Why is even a skeleton so buff? My body image is destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Lol I missed this, this is so disingenuous

From a quick look at Sub Zero and Scorps character models their physiques don't look all that exaggerated and could probably be attained by the average dude with some dedication. It might be the least reasonable fighting game to levy that bad faith argument against

Eating right and exercising isn't really in the realm of Twitter dorks who live off of hot takes and hot pockets though

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
You gotta respect how they balanced out the amazing Revenant Jade with the bland-as-gently caress regular Jade. Like, goddamn that is a zero-effort design.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Human Jade looks good.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

RanKizama posted:

You gotta respect how they balanced out the amazing Revenant Jade with the bland-as-gently caress regular Jade. Like, goddamn that is a zero-effort design.

Mask-less hood-less Jade in the reveal stream looked a lot like Kassandra, which is no bad thing.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
If anything, it calls to attention that this post-return Baraka seriously hit the gym. It's a more fun niche for him than jobber or Mileena's boy toy, that's for sure.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 20, 2019

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Cythereal posted:

Mask-less hood-less Jade in the reveal stream looked a lot like Kassandra, which is no bad thing.
Haven't seen her face, but that sounds okay. Her non-revenant costume is super loving boring though. It's like they put all their effort into her revenant form then just gave up.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Baraka always looked like a dude with a hosed up halloween mask on his head with a mouth that couldn't even close, even in MK9. this is the first game where he actually looks like a hulking monster.

The funny thing about Baraka to me is that he's only really differentiated from the hundreds of other Tarkatan by his white cloth vest and the simple classification of having a name, unless there's something else. In a species of warmongers, this one guy somehow stuck out. He's like Lizardman from Soul Calibur.

The Bee posted:

If anything, it calls to attention that this post-return Baraka seriously hit the gym. It's a more fun niche for him than jobber or Mileena's boy toy, that's for sure.

it's likely Baraka in his prime a la MK2, so Baraka before he got lazy and started eating too many Steak-Ums and thus got easily slaughtered by fellow returning freak, D'Vorah (who I'm sure was brought back just for this fated interaction)

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
The outfit they stuck on human Jade in her bouts with Sonya on the stream does look like what Jade wears when she plans to order take-out and watch TV all weekend. It's Edenian yoga pants.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Bee posted:

After getting cut from MKX, Baraka took some time off to do some soul searching and find himself. He eventually turned his life around and got back into shape, and now he's ready to prove that he still has it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Must be very deflating to put all that hard work into getting a revenge bod only to find out your ex had her face melted by a mutant bee. Outworld problems.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Double Bill posted:

Why is even a skeleton so buff? My body image is destroyed

Wait until you see what they're doing to Mileena in MK11:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Getting angry about jade,pathetic,where's my skimpy sheeva beava/old man shang tsung well hung/ costume fanservice?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AndyElusive posted:

Wait until you see what they're doing to Mileena in MK11:

Miluffin Top

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhonne posted:

After getting cut from MKX, Baraka took some time off to do some soul searching and find himself. He eventually turned his life around and got back into shape, and now he's ready to prove that he still has it.

Baraky Balboa.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Maybe it's nothing but in this intro dialogue vid at around 6:50 Raiden mentions "a dire threat from Chaos Realm" which makes me think Havik is coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqW3rvPL_8A

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Makes me think of one Raiden vs. Raiden dialogue in MKX where one announces himself as the protector of Chaosrealm and the other's like, "Wow, I REALLY hosed up the timestream."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Here's Johnny

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1098753631686402053

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

gently caress yeah. Johnny always deserves a spot. Can't wait to see his pre fight banter.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Movie Shazam has been announced for the mobile game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Gavok posted:

wait what

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

wait what

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Link? Google returns nothing besides MK vs DC. Does that imply he's in the console version too? Makes sense to borrow DC characters, even if it's a weird cross promotion thing. Zach Zevi was in New Vegas so he might do the lines.

Edit: but letting him get maimed would be weird branding.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I saw it on Boon's Twitter with footage of his pre-fight intro.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
OH! Oh it's for ij2 mobile. I was like, drat I know DC wants to advertise the movie but letting the hero that's a literal child get brutalized in MK is kinda hosed up.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Marin Karin posted:

OH! Oh it's for ij2 mobile.

Oh, whoops. My bad.

quote:

I was like, drat I know DC wants to advertise the movie but letting the hero that's a literal child get brutalized in MK is kinda hosed up.

...You haven't seen Injustice's story mode, have you?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Nah, I skipped both Injustice games. RIP Billy I guess.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Marin Karin posted:

Nah, I skipped both Injustice games. RIP Billy I guess.

Superman forced him into a staring contest and Billy lost.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
It's probably better than his fate in Alan Moore's Twilight of Superheroes.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Gavok posted:

Superman forced him into a staring contest and Billy lost.

:eyepop: Maybe I'll check out ij3 in 2 years.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Marin Karin posted:

:eyepop: Maybe I'll check out MKvDC2 in 2 years.

FTFY

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Currently shipping Dr. Manhattan and Kronika.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
dc needs to allow fatalities on batman and co, come on

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If the next NRS game after MK11 is not Shaolin Monks 2 then they are dead to me as a studio.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
do people really want a second shaolin monks, was the first one good

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Kurtofan posted:

It wasn't trash like the other non-fighting Mortal Kombat games.

It's time for MK Mythologies: Scorpion.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 23, 2019

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Yes, yes

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
the Shaolin Monks fatality system was a bit annoying, except for when Johnny Cage steals it from you

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Kurtofan posted:

I replayed it with my brother a couple years ago and was reminded how awkward it was moving the story forward. It's supposed to be linear but there's a lot of backtracking. We got stuck a couple times because of how not obvious it was a new path opened up in a previous zone.

Otherwise a pretty solid beat-em-up. Finishers were neat but took up a lot of time when you waste them on trash mobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Ketchup and mustard posted a speed run of it and they spend most of the time being extremely frustrated