Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

antidote posted:

Anyone read that there's some new Fallout pre-order listed in Amazon? Apparently it has a countdown video with a green tint or something. Maybe it's a F3 remaster.

Introducing Fallout 3: Definitive* Edition!

*looks like a game from 6 years ago instead of 11. Absolutely no bugfixes. Possibly microtransactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

antidote posted:

Anyone read that there's some new Fallout pre-order listed in Amazon? Apparently it has a countdown video with a green tint or something. Maybe it's a F3 remaster.

Whatever it is they made the mistake of allowing people to pre-order the collector's edition for the same price as the standard. They've since made it unavailable but not before it became the #1 seller.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
actually

Agoat fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 23, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

J-Spot posted:

Whatever it is they made the mistake of allowing people to pre-order the collector's edition for the same price as the standard. They've since made it unavailable but not before it became the #1 seller.

There's a thing with a word i like in the title, better pre-order the collector's edition!

And only $60, i totally got one over on them :smug:

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Fallout 76 GOTY Edition

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

sharknado slashfic posted:

*Makes game in which the only point is to collect plastic spoons and broken clocks*

*Bans players for having too many plastic spoons and broken clocks*
Todd considers that a great success

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Reminder that somewhere, somehow, a bunch of people are still toiling away on this clunky shitass engine making Starfield. Literally the same engine, probably with some brand new badly-implemented 'features' that they've clumsily bolted on. Lol. Maybe the graphics will be a bit shinier, but as soon as we see it in motion we'll instantly know that it's Gamebryo/Creation.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

antidote posted:

aint no help without a link

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ariong posted:

Introducing Fallout 3: Definitive* Edition!

*looks like a game from 6 years ago instead of 11. Absolutely no bugfixes. Possibly microtransactions.

Fallout 3 Remaster: You will loving install Games for Windows Live again, crash your computer and loving like it.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

aint no help without a link

https://www.amazon.com/Placeholder-...e60984245248841

It actually says nothing about Fallout but there's a "trailer" that is nothing but an old filmstrip countdown so people are assuming.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Even nonexistent imaginary pip boys must be preordered

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
They ain't charging $60 for a rerelease of 3 I don't think. Bundled with NV, maybe.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

J-Spot posted:

Always a good sign when something called 'Placeholder SO2' and we know nothing about it becomes a best seller. No wonder AAA studios nickle and dime us to death.

Unless they think Bethesda is going to ship them pure SO2; which in all honesty is probably going to be more fun to play with than whatever game they have cooking behind the scenes.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 23, 2019

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Yes Todd yes beat me with your super Sledge

Which you totally invented, you're not desperately hanging on to a few creative, twenty year old Tim Cain ideas at all

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The ships in Starfield are infinitely tall people wearing spaceship hats

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Always a good sign when something called 'Placeholder SO2' and we know nothing about it becomes a best seller. No wonder AAA studios nickle and dime us to death.

Unless they think Bethesda is going to ship them pure SO2; which in all honesty is probably going to be more fun to play with than whatever game they have cooking behind the scenes.

Yeah, pretty sure Bethesda saw that and threw out any thoughts of changing how they operate.

WarIdiots never change.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

J-Spot posted:

The collector's edition includes:
a majestic backpack
a not so majestic backpack
a dogshit bag with pip boy on it
literally nothing

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Rinkles posted:

They ain't charging $60 for a rerelease of 3 I don't think. Bundled with NV, maybe.

They've ripped off every other mod out there, time for them to rip off TTW?

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Fallout 3: Special Edition with Creation Club paid mod microtransactions.

I mean, I'd likely eventually buy it. New Vegas would be nice but wouldn't that require Obsidian to do the work?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I would play Fallout 3 Remastered probably

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

owls or something posted:

Fallout 3: Special Edition with Creation Club paid mod microtransactions.

I mean, I'd likely eventually buy it. New Vegas would be nice but wouldn't that require Obsidian to do the work?

I don't see why, Bethesda owns the game

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I don’t think Bethesda is going to stop trying to find a way to make people pay for mods until they do it successfully or go out of business.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

J-Spot posted:

that is nothing but an old filmstrip countdown so people are assuming.

also the count down isn't even anything they made, it's just a stockfootage count down from youtube.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Crabtree posted:

Fallout 3 Remaster: You will loving install Games for Windows Live again, crash your computer and loving like it.

gently caress you, I had purged this from my memory before you reminded me

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

2house2fly posted:

I don't see why, Bethesda owns the game

They certainly could. It's their IP and engine. Obsidian got paid under whatever contract they had.

Just seems sketchy to take a game made by another studio, throw a fresh coat of paint on and resell it as their own. But... Bethesda will Bethesda.

I'd still buy it.

Or maybe none of this matters and it's something dumb like a Fallout Shelter 2.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I enjoyed Fallout 3 for what it was at the time but don't think I could go back to it without a major overhaul in both graphics and gameplay mechanics. Something tells me Bethesda would only "remaster" it in the same way the Bioshock games were remastered. They get some intern to make the textures 4x sharper and call it a day.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Why would you buy it

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I enjoyed Fallout 3 for what it was at the time but don't think I could go back to it without a major overhaul in both graphics and gameplay mechanics. Something tells me Bethesda would only "remaster" it in the same way the Bioshock games were remastered. They get some intern to make the textures 4x sharper and call it a day.

Yeah, Fallout 4 has way better shooting mechanics, honestly, and goddamn if I ever want to play a game where I have to keep repairing all my equipment again

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

Why would you buy it

because its a bethesda game and I have to

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

No Mods No Masters posted:

Why would you buy it

Consumerism gets me hard.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

owls or something posted:

Consumerism gets me hard.

Can't nut til the pipboy says it's ok

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Clark Nova posted:

Yeah, Fallout 4 has way better shooting mechanics, honestly, and goddamn if I ever want to play a game where I have to keep repairing all my equipment again

And pay for fast travel. Like all you’re doing is loving over the low levels from just sand boxing the game, because at the end game caps are worthless.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Psychotic Weasel posted:

The GECK terms and conditions probably stipulates that anything made with their software belongs to Bethesda for all time and can be used in anyway they see fit, including repackaging it and selling it. Upscaling textures might be a bit trickier legally speaking but I wouldn't be surprised if they used whatever mod pack had the biggest file size download and gave the creator a shoutout with a named NPC in-game. Bethesda strikes me as the kind of company that would try to pay with exposure rather than real money and think they're actually being sensible.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Crabtree posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/gfwlcancer

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Psychotic Weasel posted:

If they were to completely remap 3 with better textures to the current Creation engine with all of the improvements such as ADS, I'd consider it for about a half second. For $10 I'd probably buy it, however if anything they're just going to remove the GFWL and fix maybe the most egregious bugs, introduce a few new ones, and then sell it for $40 if they do anything.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

fix maybe the most egregious bugs

Haha

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
They could sell low res fallout 3 screenshots printed out on toilet paper and put it in a box and gamer rubes would still preorder and defend their purchase because they're just that big suckers for brands.

Granted after fo76 that'd probably be a more comforting and enjoyable product, and bethesda will inevitebly completely switch fallout to skyrim's "just release the same decade old game 16 times on every system" model anyway.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’d buy a remastered Fallout 3. It’s got a poo poo story compare to New Vegas and poo poo gameplay compared to Fallout 4, but I still enjoyed it overall and would take a spin through it again if it was dolled up.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Psychotic Weasel posted:

They get some intern to make the textures 4x sharper and call it a day.
Friendly reminder that this is exactly what Bethesda did for Skyrim's Special Edition: They took the original textures and just upscaled them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol I just ruined a survival run I’ve been working on for 10 days in FO4 by running into a save bug in Nuka cola world.

It over wrote all three of my back ups and now it’s flushed.

Wow.