Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

My cereal is only bran and it's a nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

At this point it feels like Rovert is intentionally getting sixers so that he can go take a nap because his brain is too broken to just log off.

Also are there any good English fan podcasts about NJPW or the Japanese scene in general? I've been getting into Pacific Rim but I'm curious what else is out there.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

At this point it feels like Rovert is intentionally getting sixers so that he can go take a nap because his brain is too broken to just log off.

Also are there any good English fan podcasts about NJPW or the Japanese scene in general? I've been getting into Pacific Rim but I'm curious what else is out there.

Big Audio Nightmare is infrequent but usually covers a decent range of puro stuff. Sempervive is tolerable (and even good) when he's with anyone but Bryan for whatever reason.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah Big Audio Nightmare is pretty good (if they don't go on a 25 minute derail about hockey) and the best use of Sempervive, but it also only comes out every few weeks (sometimes every few months).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

(if they don't go on a 25 minute derail about hockey)

Mods?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gumball Gumption posted:

The Super J Cast is pretty good, if a bit dry and prone to off-topic derails.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'll check the stuff out. I've been finding it tough to find things that are not just WWE focused. Thanks!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah Big Audio Nightmare is pretty good (if they don't go on a 25 minute derail about hockey) and the best use of Sempervive, but it also only comes out every few weeks (sometimes every few months).

The hockey derails are good, the NASCAR derails are bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kofi on the E&C podcast is great.

Kofi: So 12 years ago, Dr. Tom made us all do an hour broadway "just in case you get asked to do it on Raw or Smackdown one day" and we all thought,"Well, that'll never happen!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Kofi on the E&C podcast is great.

Kofi: So 12 years ago, Dr. Tom made us all do an hour broadway "just in case you get asked to do it on Raw or Smackdown one day" and we all thought,"Well, that'll never happen!"

I mean, it's Kofi, Rollins, Cena and Michaels, pretty much, right?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Brock and Kurt?

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Mods, please change my name to Dick Slinging Scoops Daddy

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hopkins FBI posted:

Mods, please change my name to Two Scoops of Rovert Bans

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Benoit and HHH too

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Brock and Kurt?

Huh, could've sworn that one was only 30.

Jerusalem posted:

Benoit and HHH too

And completely forgot this one.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Huh, could've sworn that one was only 30.

And completely forgot this one.

It may have been 30. I honestly don’t remember.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

It may have been 30. I honestly don’t remember.

I remembered it being 30 but I looked up an Iron Man list and it claims it was an hour, so I may be conflating two different matches?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Quick youtube says 60.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Thanks for posting another great podcast.

Hey I know he got probated for 3 days but this has always been the de facto observer thread as well, discussing dave and how he's fallen off or not as a scoops man has been in here for years. Sorry you don't like big Trev but it's his phrasing and attitude that gets him in trouble, not his content. Nice podcast you posted btw you little freak!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah that is accurate. This thread is the best place to discuss the Observer (as well as other news sites like The Torch) for good or for bad, even if it is predominantly a podcast/audio thread.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

Hey I know he got probated for 3 days but this has always been the de facto observer thread as well, discussing dave and how he's fallen off or not as a scoops man has been in here for years. Sorry you don't like big Trev but it's his phrasing and attitude that gets him in trouble, not his content. Nice podcast you posted btw you little freak!

You're not talking any sense, Broly isn't even black.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

To be fair I do like vague post scoops Rovert over the Rovert who wants everyone to give the nazi wrestlers a 2nd chance.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I think it's funny that Rov thinks "Scoops King" is some sort of real thing. And it's even funnier that for all the slagging he does on Dave, Rov's still the first to rush in and post any breaking news from Dave.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think its fair to talk about rovert since he's a legitimate wrestling journalist that is well respected by the community

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Drew McIntyre posted:

i think its fair to talk about rovert since he's a legitimate wrestling journalist that is well respected by the community

Most journalists verbally attack someone, and when they get blocked, start insulting them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Meanwhile Dave engages with trolls for minimum 12 hours on twitter because he thinks the debate is funny

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Well, it is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Let's move on to a different subject thanks, if you want to talk about other posters you can do it via PMs.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Let's move on to a different subject thanks, if you want to talk about other posters you can do it via PMs.

What about this poster?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That is the most important thing that has ever been posted in this subf... no, the entire forums. :stwoon:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Well, now I'm interested in the Hulk biopic. Looks like they're gonna stretch the truth even further than I thought!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Well, now I'm interested in the Hulk biopic. Looks like they're gonna stretch the truth even further than I thought!

:ssh: That's Superstar Billy Graham ...

... who Hogan ripped off.

Unless you already know that, it which case it's :thejoke: for me

Jerusalem posted:

That is the most important thing that has ever been posted in this subf... no, the entire forums. :stwoon:

Hey, there's a COMMERCIAL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXBIDcWFqAs

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 24, 2019

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I wish I had known that poster existed when I put together this bar trivia visual question earlier in the week

This would make a great wrestling stable by the way. Especially if they had a lion saber-toothed tiger mascot.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 24, 2019

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

jesus WEP posted:

Bryan also was paying literally hundreds of dollars a month for years because he set up his WOL phone lines wrong, he’s not a smart man
How do I not know this story? Details please.

I have something I can add to this, BTW: At one point, not long before WOL went to the every weekday format, I was supposed to be getting a raise for doing the F4W newsletter. (Don't remember how much or if that was discussed.) But then the opportunity to do the weekday WOL format came up, which would require Bryan getting a new Tieline codec box (Semp would get his old one) that supported at least 3 lines (Semp, Bryan, and Sports Byline). Being that it's not as if they get paid much of anything (if anything) for the show and it's not like there's actually much of an audience, I expressed concern that it was a worthwhile investment. Whoever I was talking to, I forget if it was Bryan or Tony, then explained that their timeslot was going to be 5:00 p.m. Eastern/2:00 p.m. Pacific. At that point I figured that even if I questioned the likelihood of this being worth it to them, I did agree that being in afternoon drive time on the east coast was at least an interesting opportunity since at least there are actually people listening to radio at that hour, so I figured, OK, I get why they're trying this.

Then they got a 3:00 p.m. ET time slot and nobody would explain to me what happened and why they felt it was worth investing the money in the new equipment instead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

davidbix posted:

How do I not know this story? Details please.

I'm a little fuzzy on the details but from memory, Bryan set up the phonelines with one of them on some kind of low cost plan, assumed that applied to all of them and people were just randomly calling any one of the numbers he gave out, I think it might have involved international callers on the tollfree line as well? Something like that anyway. It was basically a thing where he just assumed the large phonebills he had for years were standard and then found out he should have been paying a significantly smaller amount per month.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm a little fuzzy on the details but from memory, Bryan set up the phonelines with one of them on some kind of low cost plan, assumed that applied to all of them and people were just randomly calling any one of the numbers he gave out, I think it might have involved international callers on the tollfree line as well? Something like that anyway. It was basically a thing where he just assumed the large phonebills he had for years were standard and then found out he should have been paying a significantly smaller amount per month.
Guessing he kept and was giving out the 800 number long past the point it was needed for anyone in the U.S. and Canada?

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

It was the October 18th Bryan and Vinny if you're into listening to Bryan carry on about things.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Why would anyone admit to something like that, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=124417 Starrcast LLC filed for trademark "Dead Man Talking". Either just the title for Taker's discussion appearances that weekend or the name of a planned podcast with him and Conrad