Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

Well it can lead to women being oppressed and raped like in this case.

this isn't why it's illegal, the US justice system pretty ok with oppression and rape of women in most other cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
wanna see this post in the parallel universe where he was shooting people

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Part of the reason sex workers can be exploited is that they have to admit a crime they committed to report a crime done to them in the course of their work.

If it's legal that doesn't make everything 100% good for them obviously, but it makes it way easier to limit exploitation.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I don't think there's a hooker alive that doesn't have a "cop that likes freebies" story.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GD_American posted:

I don't think there's a hooker alive that doesn't have a "cop that likes freebies" story.

I definitely won't argue against this.

By the way, how's your mother doing?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

:lmao: if you're gonna crime, don't do it in your divisional rival's territory.

There are infinitely more patriots players here than dolphins. I’m about 1 hour north of Miami

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

GD_American posted:

if you do any reading on the Heidi Fleiss bust, pigs were renting Lambos and paying for three and foursomes from the PD budget to pass as high rollers in order to "gather evidence." it's hilarious and depressing and further cements Chris Dorner's hero status

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

GD_American posted:

I've got a buddy whose a cop in the Boston area and has confirmed that a lot of guys use the badge as an excuse to get their dicks wet. I have no idea how he's still working in law enforcement, dude is the nicest human being I've ever met.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man this thread hasn't had any Mahomes vids in a while.

https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/status/1099057286948012033

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

There are infinitely more patriots players here than dolphins. I’m about 1 hour north of Miami

Which team do the locals cheer for?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Chichevache posted:

Which team do the locals cheer for?

Its Florida, so new England or the giants.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

iwentdoodie posted:

Its Florida, so new England or the giants.

Florida is the worst.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

kiimo posted:

Man this thread hasn't had any Mahomes vids in a while.

https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/status/1099057286948012033

https://twitter.com/drewdavison/status/1099039547130867712

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

I've got a buddy whose a cop in the Boston area and has confirmed that a lot of guys use the badge as an excuse to get their dicks wet. I have no idea how he's still working in law enforcement, dude is the nicest human being I've ever met.

I mean, the fact that he can watch that stuff happen and do nothing about it says he isn’t very nice at all

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:nws: that poo poo

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Unionize sex workers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

A big flaming stink posted:

Unionize sex workers

the IWW organizes for/with sex workers in some cities but it's not something they can be too open about, especially lately with FOSTA/SESTA

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Demon Of The Fall posted:

https://twitter.com/AndyHallESPN/status/1098941610270830597?s=20

I thought this story was pretty fun. Former players Marc Bulger, Keith Bullock, Michael Roos and Jared Allen started a curling team and are trying to make the 2022 Winter Olympics.

gonna be hard considering we just won the gold

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Did anyone say Ejaculategate yet?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

indigi posted:

I mean, the fact that he can watch that stuff happen and do nothing about it says he isn’t very nice at all

Or trying to change a culture that promotes or at least is indifferent to that poo poo would be really hard by oneself but idk. :shrug:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Trying to do the right thing in a work environment is incompatible with capitalism. The only reward for whistleblowing is retaliation against you because it makes the petite bourgeois managers look bad. Had this poo poo happen to me when I tried to report a serious patient safety risk caused by a coworker. Incident was swept under the rug and I was put into a career purgatory for 2 years.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Or trying to change a culture that promotes or at least is indifferent to that poo poo would be really hard by oneself but idk. :shrug:

oh so he's just Carmella Soprano

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

indigi posted:

oh so he's just Carmella Soprano

That's a pretty apt comparison for cops who think they're the good ones, honestly

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1099078342974885888

Bless up.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't wait for parkey to knock the bears out of the playoffs with his new team somehow

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

why is gould not here right now

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Chichevache posted:

By the way, how's your mother doing?

My mother-in-law? Settled in the nursing home, doing good but you can definitely see the decline

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Parkey is a great dude, he’ll get picked up ASAP. He had to get out of Chicago.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't wait for parkey to knock the bears out of the playoffs with his new team somehow

a kick off the upright and good is the only acceptable way for this to happen

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

solarjetman posted:

a kick off the upright and good is the only acceptable way for this to happen

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE4aMlvxBZM

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

There's a version of this that is great for the reactions but I can't find it right now. Half the Broncos are celebrating, a few realize what happened. Colquitt (the holder) is sure it was bad and is just despondently hanging his head until he notices everyone celebrating.

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
If Bell doesn’t show up like a whale but plays great and Brown Keeps going then :lol: Steelers

If not... Welp.

We shall see.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Did anyone say Ejaculategate yet?

Just call it Ejacugate.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I kinda hope he just Lendale White's it. Show up fat as gently caress and plow over people anyway.*

*Offer only valid in semi-pro football

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Sometimes you gotta eat...

Ok but not so much. Like a nice kale salad later

Bro they have buy one get one right now!

That’s a deal man.

Bro....

I’m doing it!!!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

There's a version of this that is great for the reactions but I can't find it right now. Half the Broncos are celebrating, a few realize what happened. Colquitt (the holder) is sure it was bad and is just despondently hanging his head until he notices everyone celebrating.

This was my favorite moment of that entire season and is still in the top 5 Chiefs moments I can remember.

EDIT: lol I forgot how loud that was. It's not a :doink: it's a fuckin' dong.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

A dog and his man posted:

Sometimes you gotta eat...

Ok but not so much. Like a nice kale salad later

Bro they have buy one get one right now!

That’s a deal man.

Bro....

I’m doing it!!!

Lol you really never learn

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

Brady said Bündchen “always makes a little altar for me at the game because she just wills it so much,” complete with pictures of his children.

“And I have these little special stones and healing stones and protection stones and she has me wear a necklace and take these drops she makes, I say all these mantras,” Brady said. “And I stopped questioning her a long time ago. I just shut up and listen.”

Brady said at first he thought “this is kind of crazy,” but it worked.

“About four years ago we were playing the Seahawks and she said, ‘You better listen to me, this is your year, but these are all the things you’re going to have to do to win.'” And I did all those things and, by God, you know, it worked.”

Jesus Christ.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tom Brady is a loving moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Tom Brady agrees with whatever the last person told him.

“Yeah, my friend Deathslayer told me to harvest the souls of orphans and sacrifice them to Satan, and I was skeptical at first but then we beat the Rams so I guess there’s something to it!”