Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Holy crap, Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #2 really put me through the ringer - not to mention the characters involved! Emma Frost was amazing in it, I'm pleased to report. KT wrote her so well and she's in about a third of it so she gets a chance to be a key factor in a story that's a legit threat to her too, beyond the usual "crap, gotta stop the telepath from instantly solving this". Her and Jessica are so much fun together as well.

De Iulis is a monster on art duties too, dude's gonna be huge hopefully. Perfect fit for JJ in the meantime however!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Well I'm not gonna pretend I was a fan of wca but this effectively puts the KO on Kelly's Hawkeye run which is a bummer

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Metalshark posted:

Holy crap, Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #2 really put me through the ringer - not to mention the characters involved! Emma Frost was amazing in it, I'm pleased to report. KT wrote her so well and she's in about a third of it so she gets a chance to be a key factor in a story that's a legit threat to her too, beyond the usual "crap, gotta stop the telepath from instantly solving this". Her and Jessica are so much fun together as well.

De Iulis is a monster on art duties too, dude's gonna be huge hopefully. Perfect fit for JJ in the meantime however!

There was a lot about that issue I really liked -- Emma Frost, Luke's "Dani is my daughter" bit -- but man let Jessica move on from Kilgrave already, Bendis has Carol throw him into the sun and his body's back already? Also, while I do like De Lulis's art, but the coloring makes everyone look plastic that it bugs me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I enjoyed the first issue of No Road Home, but then I enjoyed No Surrender.

WCA ending means Gwenpool is in the wind again too. Maybe Thompson can do a new run of Young Avengers?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
nothing about WCA made me think "I want to see Kelly Thompson continue writing these characters" other than the Hawkeyes so I can't say I'm hoping for another Thompson Avengers book

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So is Under York something that already existed and I had no awareness of or is it something Tom Taylor has created for this run on Spider-Man? Either way I'm digging it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

So is Under York something that already existed and I had no awareness of or is it something Tom Taylor has created for this run on Spider-Man? Either way I'm digging it.

This arc is starting to remind me of Planetary, and you can't go wrong there.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

X-O posted:

:rimshot:

But I think it's something new? The whole point of it is that they've been cut off from New York since the 30s.

Although how Mole Man or whoever never found it is a mystery. Mind you, I'm not sure it's under New York in the literal sense.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/seananmcguire/status/1100448609290485762

mods plz rename the thread to Marvel, *blasting the MEAN GIRLS soundtrack while throwing glitter and dildos*

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

site posted:

mods plz rename the thread to Marvel, *blasting the MEAN GIRLS soundtrack while throwing glitter and dildos*

Don't miss the follow-up

https://twitter.com/seananmcguire/status/1100507941709393921

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So it seems like Spencer's been given carte blanche to just overwrite everything done with Kraven since Grim Hunt. Now granted, Kraven's a Spidey villain and the stuff in Unbeatable Squirrel Girl was already contradictory with his appearances in Scarlet Spider, but that's a hell of a power move. I'm actually quite interested to see where Hunted is going, mind you, but I'm really gonna miss Kraven, the surprisingly chill Hunter and his Kra-Van. :smith:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
What if you just have Kraven get hit by that splitting beam Spencer invented, splitting him into a Grim Hunt version and a Squirrel Girl version

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Argue posted:

What if you just have Kraven get hit by that splitting beam Spencer invented, splitting him into a Grim Hunt version and a Squirrel Girl version

I would accept this.

That does raise the question of where the Ana that appeared in Scarlet Spider came from, though. Unless they went back to the Savage Land after the events of Scarlet Spider.

You could say that the USG Kraven's just one of his clone sons, maybe?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the SQ stuff was never going to stick outside SQ. Though if he goes back there there is no reason he can’t still do that. I doubt SQ cares about other continuity

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean the SQ stuff was never going to stick outside SQ. Though if he goes back there there is no reason he can’t still do that. I doubt SQ cares about other continuity

Yeah if there's one book you don't really have to sweat continuity with that much, it's Squirrel Girl

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

CharlestheHammer posted:

Funny Spencer had Kraven show up in his Siege on Pleasant Hill story. He was enlisted by Baron Zemo to hunt down Kobick (a cosmic cube in the form of a six year old girl.)

This being Kraven he knew how to hunt for a six year old girl. By putting on party hats and agreeing to have a tea party.

That was pretty SG like Kraven.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/alexdecampi/status/1101158256766935041?s=19

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Wow, Jay Edidin's involved. I'm surprised that took so long.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/audkoch/status/1100960046349873153?s=19

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Virginia Vision is my eye doctor :tinfoil:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sorry, you're now an ultron unit waiting to be activated

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/audkoch/status/1100960899471302656

She should go on a world tour and charge tickets for people to see the comic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Sorry, you're now an ultron unit waiting to be activated

Well, I *did* get laser eye surgery...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Issues 4-50 are reserved for the Summers family.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

site posted:

Xo i had requested a thread name change tia

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think that's more appropriate for the X-Thread, really.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Mean girls, glitter, and dildos are not X-Men specific :colbert:

besides, I don't read the X-Men thread

site fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 28, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I agree it belongs on the X-Thread.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I forgot Wiccan is sorta Viv's half brother.

Nadia is wrong though, she's Maria Pym's daughter, and she took Janet's last name when she became an American citizen, but I don't know if that last part would have happened yet when the artist was making this.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 1, 2019

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skwirl posted:

I forgot Wiccan is sorta Viv's half brother.

Nadia is wrong though, she's Maria Pym's daughter, and she took Janet's last name when she became an American citizen, but I don't know if that last part would have happened yet when the artist was making this.

I thought Janet actually legally adopted her.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I thought Janet actually legally adopted her.

I don’t think it’s come up. I was under the impression Jarvis might be her legal guardian.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

I agree it belongs on the X-Thread.

hosed up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Has anyone even tried to make a Summers family tree? Are there enough dimensions in reality for it?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Has anyone even tried to make a Summers family tree? Are there enough dimensions in reality for it?

Nobody likes to be reminded of Vulcan.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is probably incomplete and also inaccurate as ADAM-X THE X-TREME is included.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Endless Mike posted:

This is probably incomplete and also inaccurate as ADAM-X THE X-TREME is included.

When did Jean and Emma date?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Edmund Lava posted:

When did Jean and Emma date?

that line is supposed to indicate that Scott dated Emma since it breaks on either side of Jean's picture instead of touching it but it's a kind of oddly laid out chart regardless

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Endless Mike posted:

This is wild.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's not very good, in that there are just characters like Gateway and Dani Moonstar hanging out on there with yellow lines to other random people. Unless I guess it's meant to be a general X-Men relationship chart? But even then, it's pretty crazily laid out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

That Hepzibah looked odd to me but it's based on the original design, as opposed to the full 90's Farrah Fawcett hair or ponytail Hepzibah.

Whenever I talk about how X-Men continuity is dense as Hell and people question that, I should just show them that chart.