Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

kimbo305 posted:

Strikes me as strange that a 9yo (and the younger kid) has a phone, but that certainly happened.

She may be insufferable but that is fully plausible from a precocious 9yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ZDar Fan posted:

Over on Twitter, user Respectable Lawyer has been criticizing Quillette editor Claire Lehmann, and it turns out she has some odd defenders

Jesus loving christ

Though as a former vegan, can confirm that all sex partners are vetted via hours of slaughterhouse footage

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Jesus loving christ

Though as a former vegan, can confirm that all sex partners are vetted via hours of slaughterhouse footage

is your dick11xender12x longer than his?

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Jesus loving christ

Do you make them wear the weird eye things from Clockwork Orange, too?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The_White_Crane posted:

D- do you not?

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Sir Lemming posted:

That is one pro meltdown right there

Yeah I have some questions about her anti-capitalist credentials

Smashing the Patriarchy while encouraging my 9 year old son into an exclusive heterosexual relationship.

Though tbf he might have only been texting one of the other 9 year olds in his polycule.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

hockey jockey posted:

Smashing the Patriarchy while encouraging my 9 year old son into an exclusive heterosexual relationship.

Though tbf he might have only been texting one of the other 9 year olds in his polycule.

Is the polycule also Satanic? Minus points if not

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

The_White_Crane posted:

They have to wear it for the sex anyway.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Slippery posted:

Is the polycule also Satanic? Minus points if not

Proselytising Atheists.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

gently caress, this seems to happen a curiously high amount.

People should really be more kind when they're headed to job interviews, because clearly every person you run into is your future boss.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

People should really be more kind when they're headed to job interviews, because clearly every person you run into is your future boss.

He really wanted that job at the Special Air Service's agronomy department, too :(

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Zipperelli. posted:

Well this guy definitely isn't his future boss.

People should be more kind in general.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I kinda hate anyone who thinks they’ve “claimed” a parking spot

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

tbf it is super frustrating when you're waiting patiently, blinker on, in a packed parking lot for someone loading up their car with kids/purchases/etc to pull out and leave, and as they finally do so some jackass zips in from the opposite side and snipes it.

But sometimes the person leaving pulls out in the direction that deliberately blocks anyone from sniping the spot, so that you can take it before they go. Real bro move there.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

tbf it is super frustrating when you're waiting patiently, blinker on, in a packed parking lot for someone loading up their car with kids/purchases/etc to pull out and leave, and as they finally do so some jackass zips in from the opposite side and snipes it.

But sometimes the person leaving pulls out in the direction that deliberately blocks anyone from sniping the spot, so that you can take it before they go. Real bro move there.

life is full of petty tyrants.

What about the ones who make a big deal out of it like it is literally the highlight of their day to get a parking spot that you were waiting on before you got it. Laughing, flipping you off, that sort of thing. I don't see too many of those, but it has happened.
Like, dude, how bad is your life that this is what you live for? A loving 20 foot shorter walk at the Target.

What is irritating is someone with a good spot who loads their car, puts up their carts, gets in, starts up, and just sits there. Maybe even puts it in Reverse, but just doesn't leave. So you are waiting for their spot, holding up traffic while they adjust the radio or whatever or two or three minutes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All parking lots should be one-way only.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Jerry Cotton posted:

All parking lots should be one-way only.

Existing one way parking lots have never stopped people from going the wrong way.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

TheMostFrench posted:

Existing one way parking lots have never stopped people from going the wrong way.

Yah I work at a place with a one way parking lot that loops around and have literally seen pick up trucks turn in, ignore the "ONE WAY" sign and huge obvious yellow arrows indicating the directions then position themselves in front of a line of vehicles after screeching to a halt, and blare its horn at the procession which then proceeds to blare in return until the guy's embarrassment at clearly being a huge dick finally outlasts his impotent rage fit of being made to look like a fool and they reverse or ride over the curb.

Happened to me once and I just looked up from the window of my tiny MINI Cooper at the man in his large truck and said "You're going the wrong way" to which he replied "Alright buddy" like he was trying to get under my skin by infantilizing me but I sat there for like a minute staring at him with a blank expression until he got impatient and ran over the curb to get around me.

It's always pick ups btw, there's the rare old person in an ancient vehicle meandering in occasionally. I wonder if sitting in the big rear end truck just makes it hard for them to see that arrows on the road or something but that seems unlikely. Prob just mad.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Aleph Null posted:

What is irritating is someone with a good spot who loads their car, puts up their carts, gets in, starts up, and just sits there. Maybe even puts it in Reverse, but just doesn't leave. So you are waiting for their spot, holding up traffic while they adjust the radio or whatever or two or three minutes.

You could always just, y'know, go find another spot instead of holding up traffic.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Not sure there's that much circulating traffic in parking lots, and if there is it's likely because the lot is so full people are circulating hunting for spots.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Came across some IRL STDH today on a training course. A trainee midwife played the La-A card. I was expecting somebody else to play the Chlamydia card but alas no.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ilmucche posted:

Not sure there's that much circulating traffic in parking lots, and if there is it's likely because the lot is so full people are circulating hunting for spots.

Yeah, hunting for “A GOOD SPOT” when there’s fifty empty spots that are “too far away”
If you’ve never been stuck behind one or more idiots in a parking lot then all I can say is congrats

Also, I’m pretty sure studies show that pick up drivers are more aggressive and stupid. Not making that up, I swear.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 14:03 on Feb 22, 2019

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah, hunting for “A GOOD SPOT” when there’s fifty empty spots that are “too far away”
If you’ve never been stuck behind one or more idiots in a parking lot then all I can say is congrats

Also, I’m pretty sure studies show that pick up drivers are more aggressive and stupid. Not making that up, I swear.

I think you missed the part where I said the lot is full.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I almost got hit by one the other day. Dude didn't like I was only doing ten over the speed limit so he rode my rear end and flashed his brights at me. I brake checked him and slowed down to the speed limit because gently caress you.

So he whipped around me and cut me off because getting into a collision would get him where he needed to be faster.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ilmucche posted:

I think you missed the part where I said the lot is full.

I saw it, so I guess, congrats on never being stuck behind idiots in a parking lot?

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Came across some IRL STDH today on a training course. A trainee midwife played the La-A card. I was expecting somebody else to play the Chlamydia card but alas no.

I'm in a couple of awful name facebook groups and one of the questions you need to answer to get in is about the worst name you've ever heard, but it specifically mentions that racist urban legends like La-a or Lemonjello/Oranjello need to have verifiable proof, otherwise don't post them. Every couple of weeks there's someone who insists that their aunt's dog walker met someone named La-a or they went to school with La-a and the group's favorite sport is roasting them until they flounce or get banned (because they can never back up their dog whistle poo poo with a yearbook photo or facebook profile or newspaper article).

Though I thought Abcde was one of those urban legend names, but nope, turns out there are 100 or so Abcde's floating around, including the one who got made fun of by an airline worker online.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

wasn't Lemongello a major league pitcher?

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Don't most places have special areas for management to park? Like, my work has all the choice spots reserved for top management, and then the second-tier parking is for supervisors, a very small number of spots near the public entrance for visitors, and then it's the thunderdome for everyone else.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Could be a shared office building's parking garage. Or despite his suit, OP might be very middle management. Not an implausibility for me.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lol that hunting poo poo. Spend ten minutes looking for a spot instead of one minute parking and a two minute walk, if even that.

But you'd be stunned by how lazy people are with using their bodies. I've seen trash strewn around on the floor ten feet away from a garbage can, people rotating wine bottles to look at the description on the back then just leaving them facing that way instead of turning their wrist slightly, or people who have obese animals because a ten minute walk at least three times daily is a gargantuan undertaking.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I kinda hate anyone who thinks they’ve “claimed” a parking spot

Success doesn’t come for free. You have to do whatever it takes to seize your moment.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

rotating wine bottles to look at the description on the back then just leaving them facing that way instead of turning their wrist slightly

I agree with your post but this sentence confuses the gently caress out of me

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Furia posted:

I agree with your post but this sentence confuses the gently caress out of me

They're leaving wine bottles turned around on the shelf at the store, so others can't see the label

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Winter Stormer posted:

They're leaving wine bottles turned around on the shelf at the store, so others can't see the label

Siri, show me the most middle class gripe on Earth.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I got the La-a and Lemanjello story in real life too. It was during Thanksgiving 2016, so I was a coward and let it slide.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Not turning wine bottles back doesn't inconvenience middle class customers. It inconveniences the store staff making minimum wage who have to go look for and then turn them back around, because management is on their case about the "mess."

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I hate being in healthcare and hearing nurses swear up and down that they were on a unit where a patient was named La-A or some lady named her kids Orangello or Lemongello or Fe-male or other racist, dumb poo poo.

You would think that with everyone knowing someone who knows someone who knows La-A or whatever, that meeting someone with these names would be a bit more common, but alas...

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

wtf is La-A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

bike tory posted:

wtf is La-A

pronounce it literally, saying "la dash uh" and it's a v.racist "joke" about minorities and unique names