Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Edge & Christian posted:

It really isn't, it's a series of gag strips that I am pretty sure he did to try to get money for medical care?

Corny-rear end dad joke gag strips

So it's Wondermark. No "but not funny" or anything, pretty sure those are literally (figuratively) Wondermark strips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
They're really mad about a movie starring a woman is going to make money.

https://twitter.com/SirDarthUno/status/1099080486167539712?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
On the one hand the fact that Nazis are review bombing capt marvel already is sad, if expected. On the other, those complaints are so ludicrous I feel like if you read and believe them you might be brain damaged beyond repair anyways

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
That's the silver lining of everything these assholes do, if they'd stuck with one apocryphal story that could be plausible under the grounds of "like the little old lady Skrull reveal in the trailer, but more tonedeaf" their bullshit might have actually gained some level of traction. That would require thought and discipline, so

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like that they genuinely and unironically think that anyone is going to believe that Captain Marvel features the protagonist committing blatant hate crimes for no reason.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ImpAtom posted:

I like that they genuinely and unironically think that anyone is going to believe that Captain Marvel features the protagonist committing blatant hate crimes for no reason.

The one about the billboard can't be serious, right? They're mocking the other posters?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Davros1 posted:

The one about the billboard can't be serious, right? They're mocking the other posters?

I have to assume so but I don't know anymore.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
It has to be a joke, right? Because, uh... we can see it's rated PG-13 and why it's rated that way.

Edit: I want to adamantly come down on the side of it's people taking the piss out of them, but they're just so dumb I cannot.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

wonderscroft protected their account but here's a screencap from a couple of days ago

https://twitter.com/comicvix/status/1099485467530145792

This appears to be a secondary account, the first one is more benign but no less rabid "Marvel movies are trash DC forever"

https://twitter.com/brucesdianas/status/1010007889493229568

There's also a lot of Michael Jackson apologia on there too so

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hadn't even considered that stupid DC fans would get in on this vilifying of the Captain Marvel movie just because it threatens Wonder Woman's status as Only Successful Female Superhero Film. That is really pathetic.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

What on earth is happening in Venom.

https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1099463321844178944

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Eddie has a son, and it turns out his goop boyfriend is super manipulative and abusive

It's really good

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So people are threatening his life over some retcons that clean up Eddie's history?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

So people are threatening his life over some retcons that clean up Eddie's history?

They're threatening his life because they ship Eddie and the Symbiote (they call it SymBrock instead of, well you know Venom, because they're crazy) and the Symbiote was just revealed to be manipulating Eddie into staying with him by doing some really terrible stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

They're threatening his life because they ship Eddie and the Symbiote (they call it SymBrock instead of, well you know Venom, because they're crazy) and the Symbiote was just revealed to be manipulating Eddie into staying with him by doing some really terrible stuff.

Did they lose their poo poo when Flash was Venom?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't even know if they existed then. I don't follow crazy shippers of any kind. For all I know they could be byproducts of the movie. All I know is that the Donny Cates Venom book is real good and is the first time I've ever really liked Venom outside of Flash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just can't take the idea seriously considering how often the symbiote has left Eddie. The shipping that is. I have no problem imagining that there are people stupid enough to make death threats over a comic book.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-O posted:

I don't even know if they existed then. I don't follow crazy shippers of any kind. For all I know they could be byproducts of the movie. All I know is that the Donny Cates Venom book is real good and is the first time I've ever really liked Venom outside of Flash.

The rise of jumping straight to 'I HOPE YOU DIE' when two people don't smooch because fans have elaborately constructed reasons that exist only in their head that they should will never stop being weird. And, yeah, I know it happens in all media everywhere. A friend has stories about soap opera forums that would curl one's hair. Although the record lately was for Netflix's Voltron, where people insisted there was essentially a Snyder Cut where their ship DID happen.

Rhyno posted:

I just can't take the idea seriously considering how often the symbiote has left Eddie. The shipping that is. I have no problem imagining that there are people stupid enough to make death threats over a comic book.

Remember when Eddie himself gave it away because he saw The Passion and Mac Gargan was Scorpavenom for a while?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shippers are fuckin nuts. Jesus.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is absolutely the stupidest thing ever. Eddie and the symbiote's relationship has always been hosed up and abusive because both of them are bad people. That's why combining turns them into an even worse person.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Is this happening because Eddie and the symbiote shared that passionate kiss in the movie? Or have these people been around before that? It's terrible either way, but I'm curious as to what the timeline is here.

Also that space demon vampire arc was a lot worse than what's going on in Venom right now. These people need to learn to pick their battles. <:mad:>

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Edge & Christian posted:

This appears to be a secondary account, the first one is more benign but no less rabid "Marvel movies are trash DC forever"

https://twitter.com/brucesdianas/status/1010007889493229568

Gal Gadot served in the IDF, I wonder why this person has a problem with Marvel actors holding "Zionist views"?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Jedit posted:

Gal Gadot served in the IDF, I wonder why this person has a problem with Marvel actors holding "Zionist views"?
From what I can glean, the person running the account claims to have just turned 19.

The thought process really seems to go:
1) I like the current DC movies!
2) People who like the Marvel movies are mean to the DC movies, and I have seen some "Marvel stans" claim that Gal Gadot is a zionist, whatever that is.
3) Well... MAYBE THE MARVEL PEOPLE ARE THE ZIONISTS
4) Okay that isn't getting anyone mad enough, what if.... THE MARVEL PEOPLE ARE RACISTS
5) Having a hard time finding anything to use in that argument, welp might as well make up a bunch of stories about Brie Larson?

Like a lot of trolls on Twitter, I think they'd be hard pressed to describe zionism, much less give a slanted definition of it.

(should go without saying that this does not describe all fans of the DC movies but specifically the ones making up poo poo about the Captain Marvel movie being hatespeech to try to help Wonder Woman maintain supremacy)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

Like a lot of trolls on Twitter, I think they'd be hard pressed to describe zionism, much less give a slanted definition of it.

"Is Jewish with more money than me."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

To expand on what's been said, it's been revealed that the symbiote has been loving with Eddie's memories and physiology for years. For one, it made Eddie believe he had a sister who died of cancer (she was mentioned in an old 90's Nova story and showed up in that lovely Venom origin miniseries). Second, it turns out Eddie never actually had cancer to begin with and it was just the symbiote screwing with his mind and medical readings. And then, to really make sure Eddie would never want to leave the symbiote, it made him completely forget that he had a son.

This turns out to be especially hosed up when paired with Mike Costa's recent Venom run, where the main plotline was that the symbiote was with child and was trying to hide the truth from Eddie. Then it was all, "Help me raise my child so it doesn't end up all evil like my other kids."

Donny Cates added a few other interesting retcons to Venom's backstory, including how Eddie accidentally killed a kid in a car accident when underage drunk driving.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Edge & Christian posted:

(should go without saying that this does not describe all fans of the DC movies but specifically the ones making up poo poo about the Captain Marvel movie being hatespeech to try to help Wonder Woman maintain supremacy)

Is that even DC fans? I assumed it was the standard alt-right morons who don't like movies involving non-white men to exist. They tend to appropriate terms for liberals or the left for messaging because it goes over better than 1488 stuff to people outside the white supremacist sphere.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

rkajdi posted:

Is that even DC fans? I assumed it was the standard alt-right morons who don't like movies involving non-white men to exist. They tend to appropriate terms for liberals or the left for messaging because it goes over better than 1488 stuff to people outside the white supremacist sphere.
The particular poster in question is a teenager who seems pretty apolitical (outside of like, thinking Trump is gross) who for lack of a better term has been radicalized by her genuine enjoyment of the DC films and her shipping of Batman and Wonder Woman and anger at anyone who would besmirch her two beloveds. The thought process genuinely appears to be "people are calling my Wonder Woman a zionist, so I'll call their hero a racist! Take that!"

The broader Comicsgate/alt-right crew is just looking for an excuse to hurt women, yeah.

Update: the original is unlocked and is now insisting that not only is the poster a young woman but a young black woman and no white person can police their use of racial slurs in fake memes and everyone should realize it was just a troll to trigger the Marvel Stans so I'm back to thinking maybe this whole thing is a long con middle aged CG rear end in a top hat.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 24, 2019

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Well, she is a Troop.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lurdiak posted:

I hadn't even considered that stupid DC fans would get in on this vilifying of the Captain Marvel movie just because it threatens Wonder Woman's status as Only Successful Female Superhero Film. That is really pathetic.

poo poo, I remember when Wonder Woman came out DC fans were threatened because it was proving more popular than BvS. It got to the point where I was seeing things like:

1) It's only popular because Zack Snyder was the one to cast Gadot.
2) It's only popular because Zack Snyder actually wrote the script (which he didn't, he only had a "story by" credit)
3) It's only popular because Zack Snyder secretly directed all the action sequences (because Jenkins, as a woman, couldn't possibly be able to direct action)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also the ever popular 'JLA would have been bigger than anything in the MCU if only we got the Synder Cut™.'

Related:

https://twitter.com/kiImonger/status/1099685884558041089

Captain Marvel says to lay off Captain Marvel.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Any accusations of racism against Brie Larson are almost certainly because she pointed out almost everyone she's interviewed by on her press tour is a white man, and that it should be more inclusive.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Evidently evs is now reporting renfamous to the FBI and talking about Tim Doyle being a stalker or something

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1099723272776765441?s=19

https://twitter.com/NakatomiTim/status/1099757573245489152?s=19

site fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 24, 2019

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Ethan's always been bad but lately it seems like he's finally going off the deep end.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

By 'reporting it to the FBI' they seem to mean @-ing the FBI and the FBI's Twitter bio says they don't accept tips through Twitter. So. Since SJW Spider-Man is (apparently?) Canadian they're also trying to get the RCMP in on it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jesus loving Christ

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/1099781968399462401?s=19

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Wait wait wait

Dude in the image is claiming a woman was harassed "for several years" because her husband voted Trump.

I know it FEELS like it's been forever, but I don't think two counts as several.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
What does Staning mean? How can someone Stan for Marvel or DC?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

By definition, more than two, less than “many.”

E: I meant several not stanning

To be a Stan is a ridiculous fan, basically

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nystral posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5jXCTn_BS8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Nystral posted:

Started out meaning "The kind of obsessed fan that you're afraid will murder someone," shifted to "A fan who will hear nothing bad about their fave, including actual proven crimes," and then shifted to "A fan, but like, more than other fans."

Much like "hipster" and "SJW" it mostly just means "someone I don't like" now.