Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Srice posted:

This is 100% false.

alright then

sharkbomb posted:

I have no idea how podcast business works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Srice posted:

This is 100% false.

Do any maxfun shows have a patreon

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I would imagine they enjoy not having to deal with the organisational/financial aspects of everything as well. Like clearly they make enough to leave polygon and be pretty happy so from their point of view it's probably best not to rock the boat too much?

Serf
May 5, 2011

if the mcelroys started a patreon i'm pretty sure it would blow everyone else out of the water

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

MaxFun is already basically a Patreon but Jesse takes a bigger cut

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'd 100% donate to a McElroy patreon and then wouldn't have to give money to Jesse thorn.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Serf posted:

if the mcelroys started a patreon i'm pretty sure it would blow everyone else out of the water

i dont think it would do chapo money but it would be close for sure

Serf
May 5, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

i dont think it would do chapo money but it would be close for sure

nah, didn't they say somewhere that taz was pulling down 3 million downloads or something? chapo has said their listener reach is like 700k. the mcelroys would smoke them and everyone else pretty quick

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The McElroys could easily pull in enough to make a Patreon worthwhile. But could they pull in more than they already make now from the combo of advertisers and MaxFun donors? That's the bigger question.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

does maxfun take investment from venture capital? because if not, they'll probably be around longer then patreon

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Considering Patreon's CEO is trying to torpedo their company, it's probably not a good time to tie your main source of income to them.

Patreon's business model is to take a 5% cut of aggregating credit card payments to people/organizations that don't do enough transactions to afford processing credit card payments. It's a perfect business model for steady income and growth, but not ~*exponential growth*~ enough for silicon valley and venture capitalists, so they're looking for ways to kill the goose to get all the golden eggs.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Robert Frostee is incredibly good and noone reacted to it. gently caress

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The 7th Guest posted:

Robert Frostee is incredibly good and noone reacted to it. gently caress

Frosty is Wendy's, so was rightly ignored in a segment on McDonald's.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SpacePig posted:

Frosty is Wendy's, so was rightly ignored in a segment on McDonald's.
idgaf about whatever mcdonalds frostee is called

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

The 7th Guest posted:

idgaf about whatever mcdonalds frostee is called

You mean they have partially gelatinated non-dairy gum-based beverages at McDonalds?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Discussion topic: Is a Wendy’s frostee a beverage? I always ate them with a spoon. It’s like a weird soft serve-milkshake hybrid that I always thought was too thick to drink. Discuss

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
It's a beverage if you let it sit too long in the car on the way home, certainly.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's a french fry condiment :colbert:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DoombatINC posted:

EMPTYQUOTE

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/1098846673764110337

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Louie is so drat good at animating those bits. That little dance Travis does on the donuts really takes it up a notch

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

This week’s TAZ was so good, oh man (and I don’t think Clint will remember that he has a magical gun)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Replace the OP with this.

E: or just 0:22

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 22, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

brothers.wmv

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

change my name posted:

This week’s TAZ was so good, oh man (and I don’t think Clint will remember that he has a magical gun)

Or Luck

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus christ Travis's gamble in this episode. From 0 to buckwild

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Now that we know Ducks fashion choices I feel this is more apt than ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VuWzeoIr7J4

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
"I don't care if I have to wait two more years, I WILL pull one of these assholes through a portal" - Griffin McElroy

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Pleads posted:

Audio files? On MY youtube?

Most of those types of sites also list their recipes on the website so you can peruse for ideas without shelling out for the food. Because I can cook but I'm awful at coming up with new combinations of food.

Blue Apron figured this out a while ago and so puts all their spices and seasonings into a single premixed "spice packet" that you dump in all at once as well as other tricks to try to obfuscate ingredients and quantities as much as possible. Probably easy enough for an experienced cook to figure out what they need, but it stops their target demographic from easily pirating it through their local grocery.

Blue Aprons real grift is selling specialized kitchenwares for their boxes. You too can own the set of tiny mostly useless prep bowls from our example photos!

Acute Grill fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 24, 2019

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

They mark exactly what spices and in what quantities go into the spice blend. It’s actually incredibly convenient.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Am I the only one who gets McElroy podcasts from their Libsyn pages? I just find it less cluttered and easier to find older episodes by date.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Acute Grill posted:

Blue Apron figured this out a while ago and so puts all their spices and seasonings into a single premixed "spice packet" that you dump in all at once as well as other tricks to try to obfuscate ingredients and quantities as much as possible.
Yeah, I don't think this is obfuscation, this is just to save you time.

Imagine if they instead had multiple, even-tinier individual ingredient plastic bags and one of the instructions was "add 1tsp of paprika to 1tsp of onion powder"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Sivart13 posted:

Imagine if they instead had multiple, even-tinier individual ingredient plastic bags and one of the instructions was "add 1tsp of paprika to 1tsp of onion powder"

It was like this at one point but instead of 1 tsp of whatever, it just said "add the bag of paprika and the bag of onion powder"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Did the boys take up most of this week's TAZ in a fight? I ran into the end of the episode thinking they were going into the mid roll ad read and I'm honestly confused how they spent the entire hour.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Finally caught back up on TAZ. I feel like we're rapidly closing in on a talk down the mob from charging Sylvane ending to the arc, especially with this monster whose whole motivation seems to be shattering the masquerade.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Just heard the press release also throw me in a volcano

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Bird words was a nice palate cleanser after the not-munch squad but I really wish they would stop front-loading the show.

Save a real question or two for after the money zone!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Patriotic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Christ meghan what the gently caress