Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mkay0 posted:

Why would anyone admit to something like that, lol
Bryan is a gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I can’t imagine anything Undertaker could do to harm his legacy more than starting a podcast. Everything I’ve read suggests he’s a tedious macho bully IRL and a podcast would just air that out for all to see.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you really wanna rest in peace, have I got a deal for you from Casper Mattress

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Having problems with "sitting up"? Try Blue Chew!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
conrad has such an awful voice for radio

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Why does Meltzer want to die on the hill of “I am entitled to know what is wrong with Roman Reigns” as though it’s a real sport or any of his business.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Technically it his business.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Angry Grimace posted:

Why does Meltzer want to die on the hill of “I am entitled to know what is wrong with Roman Reigns” as though it’s a real sport or any of his business.

I think you're projecting entitlement into what was really just a criticism of using a health update for a ratings boost.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I just.. I cant imagine what Undertaker podcast would even be like. He has two interesting stories he can hype, (hiac with Mick and losing to Lesnar) after that its just.. boring stuff.

Plus with Conrad there, i imagine that they will be reading old observers and poo poo on Meltz.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On the other hand, Taker doing a podcast with Conrad launching at the con around Double Or Nothing will likely cause Vince to melt down even more.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

TheCool69 posted:

I just.. I cant imagine what Undertaker podcast would even be like. He has two interesting stories he can hype, (hiac with Mick and losing to Lesnar) after that its just.. boring stuff.

Plus with Conrad there, i imagine that they will be reading old observers and poo poo on Meltz.

20 Minute rants on Football players kneeling

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheCool69 posted:

Untrue, he can explain his bizarre phobia of cucumbers (yes really)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Untrue, he can explain his bizarre phobia of cucumbers (yes really)

He's part cat and thus will be wrestling Hiromu Takahashi at the G1 opening show in Texas.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Heard from a very reliable source that Taker's podcast will be very 'Adventure Zone'-esque with both Conrad and Bischoff with Russo DM-ing

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i heard it's going to be a podcast that talks about the latest episode of Talking Dead, the aftershow of the television show Walking Dead where Chris Hardwick discusses the latest episode with Walking Dead fans

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

using a health update for a ratings boost.

Attendance boost too
https://twitter.com/PWStream/status/1099712043056279552

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Considering that Conrad just lost his biggest gravy train, I can absolutely see him glomming on to Taker for the latest round of "rehash 20-year-old stories and complain about Meltzer" that he's somehow turned into an honest-to-God media empire.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

TheCool69 posted:

he can talk about threatening to kill shawn michaels

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah, I imagine there are a lot of very interesting stories Taker could tell, if he's open, candid, and truthful about everything. I just don't imagine he will be.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I mean you wouldn’t have convinced me Stone Cold doing a podcast and reading those ad lines was a thing either if I hadn’t already heard it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

With Stone Cold at least he had a history of being incredibly entertaining on the mic, which translated well to the podcast (Jericho too) - a lot of Taker's appeal was his physical presence which is basically going to be invisible on a podcast.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

With Stone Cold at least he had a history of being incredibly entertaining on the mic, which translated well to the podcast (Jericho too) - a lot of Taker's appeal was his physical presence which is basically going to be invisible on a podcast.

He can charge more for video!

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

That's why Conrad is there, to help set up talking points and move the narrative along. It wouldn't be about him being a big ol' spook either. Any interest I'd have in listening would be Mark Calloway recounting his pretty unique career in the business.

Again, I'd bet against it being anything great, but it easily could be.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

For example:

There have been lots of internal changes in the company Creatively the last 2 months that hasn't be reported.

One of the many changes he alluded to that has since come to light

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/dave_schilling/status/1099812221104705536

As always mileage may vary with writers especially in this, a place where writers won't last long at all. But I always thought Schilling did good work with Grantland, Vice, and even Bleacher Report. Podcast listeners may recall he used to cohost The Masked Man Show. And the place I best remember him from isn't wrestling or even sports-related (BirthMoviesDeath). He loved Get Out and liked Game Night, so he's fine in my book :thumbsup:

come back soon my friend <3

ed:

Jerusalem posted:

There's been the ongoing joke in the thread for a while that everyone in wrestling is getting in on the wrestling podcast boom. A Taker one really would feel like the moment that's obvious, like he's definitely one of the last people you'd expect to have one of these

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

There's been the ongoing joke in the thread for a while that everyone in wrestling is getting in on the wrestling podcast boom. A Taker one really would feel like the moment that's obvious, like he's definitely one of the last people you'd expect to have one of these

I would agree with that if it was five years ago, but he's been more and more blatant about not giving a poo poo about his mystique for a few years now. Too many candids of him and Michelle in scuba gear and what not.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 25, 2019

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Flair getting one, short-lived as it was, was that moment for me. Taker is almost overkill at this point.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Flair getting one, short-lived as it was, was that moment for me. Taker is almost overkill at this point.

Flair at least has proven with his book/s that he has entertaining stories (or at least that he can be entertaining telling them). I hesitate to say it made sense, but to me it made more sense than this

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Ric Flair’s podcast was worth it for the episode where he watched the ‘92 Rumble and told drinking stories about all the guys as they came out.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

He also doesn’t talk like the Undertaker in real life

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

DangerDummy! posted:

I would agree with that if it was five years ago, but he's been more and more blatant about not giving a poo poo about his mystique for a few years now. Too many candids of him and Michelle in scuba gear and what not.

It’s almost like following Vince’s orders to keep kayfabe for 30 years in a row is dumb or something.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

It has to be exhausting.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

taker can tell new stories about shawn michaels being a dick. he'd have a new perspective as a guy who was on top and isn't named bret hart

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TL posted:

Ric Flair’s podcast was worth it for the episode where he watched the ‘92 Rumble and told drinking stories about all the guys as they came out.

Also the time he had Mongo on.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TL posted:

This sounds incredible

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

algebra testes posted:

This sounds incredible

https://youtu.be/EfON61QGPzM

Enjoy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Ryan (from Cumberland, Marland) call about New Japan and weight divisions on WOL today was a wild ride.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The Jarret interview on WOR is really good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Taker podcast will be on Ryback levels of podcast. The 9th circle of hell that is also a toilet.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Angry Grimace posted:

He never said that. He’s annoyed that an update on a legitimate cancer issue is used as a ratings ploy.

Imagine if a football team had its QB get cancer during the off-season and they advertised ‘get an update on qb’s diagnosis at the game on Sunday’ as a ploy for tv ratings or ticket sales. The sports media would loving destroy that team for such a carny move and, I think, rightfully so. Dave thinks the same standard should apply to wwe.

Predictably, Dave has worded his criticism in a way that confused people and/or made it extremely easy for people to misinterpret his message. He puts a poorly worded comment on Twitter, then clarified it on his podcast. That’s were a lot of this drama comes from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mkay0 posted:

He never said that. He’s annoyed that an update on a legitimate cancer issue is used as a ratings ploy.

Imagine if a football team had its QB get cancer during the off-season and they advertised ‘get an update on qb’s diagnosis at the game on Sunday’ as a ploy for tv ratings or ticket sales. The sports media would loving destroy that team for such a carny move and, I think, rightfully so. Dave thinks the same standard should apply to wwe.

Predictably, Dave has worded his criticism in a way that confused people and/or made it extremely easy for people to misinterpret his message. He puts a poorly worded comment on Twitter, then clarified it on his podcast. That’s were a lot of this drama comes from.

imagine if a baseball player stopped playing suddenly and the team dedicated an entire day to him so he could discuss his illness in front of his fans