Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
I thought this wasn't supposed to be aired. Good on the Academy for not being 100% poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Black Panther has won more Oscars than Suicide Squad. So that's one positive on the night so far.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm for Black Panther winning those last two cause it's an aesthetic we never get to see at the Oscars.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Tough competition this year, but the correct choice.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Netflix: We have Oscars now (tm)

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Mr. Nemo posted:

I thought this wasn't supposed to be aired. Good on the Academy for not being 100% poo poo

They backed down on that after literally everyone yelled at them.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

CapnAndy posted:

Netflix: We have Oscars now (tm)

They already had one for Icarus last year, if I remember right.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The no host format is working out well. This show is flying along, and no “Jimmy Kimmel visits a screening of a Wrinkle in Time” nonsense

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Felicity Jones should’ve introduced this (she plays RBG in On the Basis of Sex)

I do not like Jennifer Hudson

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Please Khaleesi, tell me the spoilers.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I think this no host thing is great. They’re just giving funny award presenters more screen time. It works well.

I slightly preferred Cold War’s cinematography but it and Roma are both on some A++++ poo poo so can’t complain here. It was sweet when he thanked Chivo.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Is Hudson wearing a judge robe theme dress?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Jennifer Hudson owns

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I'm so hype for the live performance of When a Cowboy Trades His Spurs for Wings

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This song however does not own

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

The no host format is working out well. This show is flying along, and no “Jimmy Kimmel visits a screening of a Wrinkle in Time” nonsense
Yeah the audience participation bits and what not were the worst. What is the point of wasting our time watching pizzas being handed out? Or even worse when Chris Rock’s daughter sold Girl Scout cookies

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I'm so hype for the live performance of When a Cowboy Trades His Spurs for Wings

YES it’s gonna be so good

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Was this song nominated for that one note, because it sucks.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

As Randy Jackson would say, Jennifer Hudson was a little pitchy there dawg

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I'm 6 for 6 so far in my Oscar pool. Almost certain I'll screw up because I thought A Star Is Born was going to win stuff.

They should never use a host ever again.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
The personality cult around Ginsburg is weird and kind of sad. People pinning a whole fuckton of hopes on someone who can't really do anything because she's in the minority. I guess it's probably cool for her, at least.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeah the audience participation bits and what not were the worst. What is the point of wasting our time watching pizzas being handed out? Or even worse when Chris Rock’s daughter sold Girl Scout cookies

"We're just like normal people! Look at us! LOVE US!"

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Being a 31 year old dad allows me to be unironically amped for a Bette Midler performance.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

trash person posted:

Being a 31 year old dad allows me to be unironically amped for a Bette Midler performance.

wait

my queen is performing tonight?????

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I’d be ok with Key and Peele hosting the Oscars but if and only if they remain in character as the valets for all three hours.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CapnAndy posted:

I’d be ok with Key and Peele hosting the Oscars but if and only if they remain in character as the valets for all three hours.

This, but the guys on the plane watching out for terries.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Really digging the no-host thing, have to say. Feels like things are moving along at a reasonable clip, for once!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I unironically like these Whiskey Cavalier ads

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

surf rock posted:

The personality cult around Ginsburg is weird and kind of sad. People pinning a whole fuckton of hopes on someone who can't really do anything because she's in the minority. I guess it's probably cool for her, at least.

It bums me out because the RBG stuff is like the biggest example of the commercialization of ‘feminist culture’.

It grosses me out when corporations/business try to cash in on social progress

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

I unironically like these Whiskey Cavalier ads

Apparently the show is great!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

CapnAndy posted:

Me too because it's one step closer to Chelsea Peretti hosting

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Should I actually watch A Star Is Born? I feel like I already know everything that happens.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Should I actually watch A Star is Born? I feel like I already know everything that happens.

It's fine, but not as good as the 1954 version.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Roma gonna win sound mixing

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

surf rock posted:

it's literally because people don't want her to die, which is only a problem because she chose not to retire ten years ago

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Should I actually watch A Star is Born? I feel like I already know everything that happens.

I thought it was great but I don’t know how much of that was how unremarkable I’ve found Bradley Cooper in everything other than Wedding Crashers and Wet Hot American Summer.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Things been remade four times, you probably do.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

Should I actually watch A Star Is Born? I feel like I already know everything that happens.

Lady Gaga makes it watchable, but it's pretty unremarkable

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

every bohemian rhapsody win makes me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Quiet Place for editing Roma for mixing plz

oh eww BR