Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dana Carvey looks old as fuuuuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'd watch a Waynes World 3 with them all doing exactly the same poo poo nearly 30 years on. The SNL reunion sketch was pretty fun.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

party time excellent

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watching them do those characters out of costume and looking old as gently caress made me so sad

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i still can't believe that a movie that has a sad guy waiting outside a doctor's office because he has AIDS doing the saddest Hey-Oh to Freddie Mercury who just learned he has AIDS is winning Oscars

like that's straight out of Walk Hard

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
How many times are they going to remind us they have the rights to Queen's music

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'd watch a Waynes World 3 with them all doing exactly the same poo poo nearly 30 years on. The SNL reunion sketch was pretty fun.

The best way to do a Wayne's World 3 would be to set it exactly one year after the second film and make no mention of the aging.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
oh god, Spike Lee

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I want these two hosting every year

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love Awkwafina and Mulaney but they were sorta floundering there

Bao deserving winner

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

trash person posted:

I want these two hosting every year

I don't know who they are but they're terrific.

Did the dude voice the pig in Spiderman?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fart City posted:

The best way to do a Wayne's World 3 would be to set it exactly one year after the second film and make no mention of the aging.

Have Keith Richards show up and Wayne and Garth won't shut up about how horribly he has aged.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

surf rock posted:

Yeah, he was Spider-Ham.

But seriously, that cut to Spike Lee was hilarious.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

surf rock posted:

Yeah. if you've never heard of John Mulaney, seek out his comedy, he's hilarious

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

EL BROMANCE posted:

I have an undying love for Wayne's World and would watch WWIII even if it was just them repeating all of the worst jokes from The Love Guru and Master of Disguise

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Another really strong category.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

surf rock posted:

Check out Mulaney’s special “Kid Gorgeous at Radio City” on Netflix.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerusalem posted:

Have Keith Richards show up and Wayne and Garth won't shut up about how horribly he has aged.

Someone get this guy Mike Meyers' phone number so he can write the script

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Wait... did Bohemian Rhapsody actually win best editing? :stare:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

surf rock posted:

You probably want to listen to this, then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnkrL42R7gk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Check out Mulaney’s special “Kid Gorgeous at Radio City” on Netflix.

Also New in Town. They're both great.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

surf rock posted:

Awkwafina is a rapper and actress, she was in Ocean's 8 and was pretty good.

John Mulaney is an excellent stand-up (check his stuff on Netflix), wrote one of the funniest SNL sketches in years (Diner Lobster), and also voiced the pig in Spiderman, yes.

Like, I'm jealous that you get to experience John Mulaney for the first time. The only bad thing he did was the sitcom Mulaney, and that wasn't his fault.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Good speech, but again, very white.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Don't forgot he's one of the main voices in Big Mouth - one of the best animated series out there.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Paul Rudd truly does not age.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The speeches for the Period movie were very good

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
This is all well and good, but when do Rob Lowe and Snow White have a live sex celebration on-stage?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
John Mulaney would actually be a great Oscars host

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Aladdin really made everyone forget that Lion King looks bad too.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

that cub is pretty cute

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is anyone on earth wishing there was a host? Things seem to be moving along a lot faster without one. I don't really even see what the added value is.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

I am hyped for The Lion King.

One of those things where having watched the cartoon as a kid and now getting to watch this one with my son, even the trailer makes me tear up.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/CIA/status/1099851754731122688

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I thought the Lion King remake was silly but loving bell if that ad doesn’t have me hyped

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

i get annoyed every time somebody calls the lion king remake "live action" like at least the jungle book had a human on screen

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm not watching the ceremony. did awkwafina do her dumb "asian speaking in AAVE" thing again or did she figure it probably wouldn't be a good look at the oscars where there are actual black people

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

General Dog posted:

Is anyone on earth wishing there was a host?
I can't imagine there is, no.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

trash person posted:

I am hyped for The Lion King.

One of those things where having watched the cartoon as a kid and now getting to watch this one with my son, even the trailer makes me tear up.

Can you not watch the old one with your son

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That cowboy song performance earlier felt like something from a Christopher Guest movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Diego Luna out here pretending he's a movie star.