Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

General Dog posted:

Is anyone on earth wishing there was a host? Things seem to be moving along a lot faster without one. I don't really even see what the added value is.

We don't have a lovely monologue.

No host from now on, it's loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Jose Andres is dope as hell

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Roma is so goddamn incredible

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wtf I don’t remember a Spanish version of House of the Rising Sun in Roma

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Was that a house of the rising sun cover in spanish or was I tripping for a second there?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

I thought the Lion King remake was silly but loving bell if that ad doesn’t have me hyped

Just watch the original? Like I can't think of how anything about the remake will improve on the original. I guess if you've always wanted to hear Puumba laugh like a dying donkey

Oh and I suppose that Bey and Donald dueting on Can You Feel The Love Tonight is gonna be pretty good but you'll be able to hear that on Spotify

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Paul Rudd is listed at 5’10 and Sarah Paulson at 5’6. She at most is wearing 4” heels but looked 1” taller than Rudd even though Rudd’s shoes probably have 1” heels.

Ergo, Paul Rudd is actually 5’8

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MorgaineDax posted:

We don't have a lovely monologue.

No host from now on, it's loving great.

I'd accept Hugh Jackman doing it again, otherwise I'm good with no host.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I'm pleased that First Man won something, at least, and this was a good one for it to win

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Paul Rudd could have made a joke about special effects making him look like he doesnt age. Or would that undo his curse?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

man First Man came out to a reaction of a big wet fart but I think it kinda got hosed overall

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

Paul Rudd is listed at 5’10 and Sarah Paulson at 5’6. She at most is wearing 4” heels but looked 1” taller than Rudd even though Rudd’s shoes probably have 1” heels.

Ergo, Paul Rudd is actually 5’8

A film star lying about his height, well I never

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ready Player One robbed 😢

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Mukaikubo posted:

I'm pleased that First Man won something, at least, and this was a good one for it to win

Yeah, I was hoping for it to win one of the sound ones but this is well deserved too.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/Integrity_Guy/status/1099864115575697408

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Mukaikubo posted:

Same here, but getting snubbed on original score is an all-timer

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It's a shame that the effects guys behind the original landing were never recognized

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I'd accept Hugh Jackman doing it again, otherwise I'm good with no host.

♪ The Reader. I haven't seen The Reader. I was going to see it later but I fell behind. My Batmobile took longer than I thought to design. ♪

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
First Man is either special effects or Claire Foy leaning and looking anguished, no inbetween

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

no intro for shallow, almost like everyone already knows it's gonna win

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

aw yeah lady gaga

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i imagine Bradley is terrified right now

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

General Dog posted:

It's a shame that the effects guys behind the original landing were never recognized

:shuckyes:

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
This owns when you consider all the rags say these two are bangin’ and Cooper’s wife is FURIOUS

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Bradley Cooper is good and Gaga is awesome.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

trash person posted:

I am hyped for The Lion King.

One of those things where having watched the cartoon as a kid and now getting to watch this one with my son, even the trailer makes me tear up.

They're omitting Be Prepared, so like, gently caress the whole project on principal.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

trash person posted:

This owns when you consider all the rags say these two are bangin’ and Cooper’s wife is FURIOUS

hosed up if false

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

trash person posted:

man i feel like a few months ago i read stories about how much the two didn't like each other

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I was unimpressed with Cooper's singing in that movie

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

trash person posted:

Pretty sure Bradley Cooper is gay tho

Go watch RHAS and tell me I'm wrong

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

That was the last chance for First Man to win. I can now say I appear in an Oscar-sinning film. :shobon:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
...This song is a real nothing, huh.

I like both of them but this sounds like a Top 40s hit from 1994.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This is kind of cool and I like this shot, seems genuine. Good acting.

lol...that look looked real.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i really hope Bradley's wife isn't watching right here

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh they're totally loving.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Holy gently caress

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Dammit, I had Avengers for Visual Effects even though superhero movies never win that. I figured the snub First Man was getting everywhere else would outweigh the bias, but... drat.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I was unimpressed with Cooper's singing in that movie

I thought he was plausible enough as a semi-washed, drunk rockabilly

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

Oh they're totally loving.

I'm...ah...getting that vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

trash person posted:

Haven't seen the movie, but the way they jsut looked at eatch other? Definitely loving