Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The cat of Tindalos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I made a thread for these in BYOB so the GBS thread wouldn't get too full of cats: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882633

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

All these GAN-based shenanigans have been a joy; I guess it's kind of ironic that for the purposes of amusement the most sinister-looking otherworldly cats/objects are the best.

I once again felt like making new motivational posters! This time I even coded a template tool for making them, although the text doesn't look nearly as smooth this way. Oh well!!

Gee, thanks for the advice Hankling Jr :rolleyes:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh god there's a terrible waifu version and it makes monstrosities
http://www.thiswaifudoesnotexist.net/

:chloe:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
how do i feed a bot ten thousand hours of early 90s/late 80s J-pop in order to train the robot to make new anime music for these wretched mutant waifus

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm going to shrink this and start using it as a punishment avatar

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

I used to write D&D mad-libsy apps to help in the creation of my sandbox game. It began when I described a defeated wizard's stash including a dozen small tomes.

"What are their titles?"
Here's an example of what my Book Generator spits out, ten at a time:
code:
'Essay of the Naked Memory', written by The Destroyer of Brides Dasty Hoc
'Something's Pirate', written by Traveler Acad Grimavu
'Yellow Ships of Sanctums', written by Stost Arilu, the Druid of Deaths
'Missing Mage of Courage', written by Scegi Evel the Last
'Portfolio of the Mystic Searches', written by The Last Monk Abushayeli Piath
'Keep's Teachers', written by Nog Chug of the Unknown Shadows
'Encyclopedia of the Ragged Clouds', written by The Bard of Destinies Ogank Pliashash
'Thefts of Person', written by The Evoker Rashe Zondor
'Tome of Flights', written by Ranger Othrashanop Mafelc
'Hot Illusion', written by Dery Usnerat the Enlightened
It's basically a bunch of grammars I wrote up, plugged into a bunch of mad libs word noun/verb/adj lists I copied and pasted and edited from somewhere, combined with my own name generator that is very good at making pronounceable, but generally awful names.

It also has a Noble House Generator, which basically starts at year 0 for someone with standard D&D stats, and every year rolls for various life events (death, marriage, children, gaining a class, leveling up, acquiring items based on stats/class/level). Spouses are randomly generated, and their children have semi-mendelian genetics. Both parents have high strength? Their kids strength scores skew high.

code:
The Unwilling Healing
-Male; Ebresuso, born in:0, captured by a tribe in: 23 [12,12,14,16,13,13]
- Married to Shardedayi in 20.
- 3 Priest
-Female; Shardedayi, born in:4, let too much blood in: 28 [6,11,16,12,10,11]
- Married to Ebresuso in 20.
- 2 Thief
--Female; Omanentab, born in:20, age: 31 Proud and Gloomy [8,10,11,15,15,8]
-- Mother is Shardedayi, father is Ebresuso. Married to Nempa in 38.
-- 5 Priest
---Male; Noraln, born in:40, poisoned by a bad batch of alcohol in: 46 [6,12,8,13,16,7]
--- Mother is Omanentab, father is Nempa.
---Male; Unendolke, born in:41, age: 9 Elitist and Honest [12,10,11,14,11,14]
---Male; Dush, born in:43, struck by lightning in: 44 [11,14,12,14,15,8]
---Male; Totha, born in:43, age: 7 Stern and Extravagant [11,8,5,12,8,10]
--Male; Nempa, born in:14, age: 37 Mousy and Articulate [14,14,12,16,13,11]
-- Married to Omanentab in 38.
-- 6 Fighter, Long Sword +2, 
Also a Weather Generator, where you set up your world's calendar for it, and set average low/high temps for each month, and levels of precipitation and wind. Defaults to Earth's calendar. Here's a few days of weather for a Detroit-like locale.
code:
April 17
  -Morning: 55'F, Wind: 2 MPH, clear skies 
  -Daytime: 63'F, Wind: 0 MPH, clear skies 
  -Night: 43'F, Wind: 0 MPH, clear skies 
April 18
  -Morning: 49'F, Wind: 2 MPH, scattered clouds drizzle, light fog; visibility reduced to 3000'
  -Daytime: 55'F, Wind: 12 MPH, broken clouds gentle rain
  -Night: 40'F, Wind: 16 MPH, clear skies 
April 19
  -Morning: 47'F, Wind: 19 MPH, scattered clouds 
  -Daytime: 50'F, Wind: 20 MPH, cloudy rain
  -Night: 36'F, Wind: 7 MPH, overcast pouring rain
Probably my most complicated one is the Mundane Treasure Generator, which has a basic set of items split into various tables, with a ton of different types of modifications that can happen (engraved, carved, gilded, gemmed, fur-lined, etc) that plugs into the grammar and word tables used elsewhere. Even has a system of plugging in cities within your world, and what they're known for, and the rarity of their items in the area to modify the items price. Roll up a set number of items, a single item of a given value, or a group of items that add up to a given value. Inspired by Dwarf Fortress.
code:
A fine small 2'x2' tapestry of a wraith. The wraith is battling. On it is the maker's mark of Prakel of Medallglass. 15gp, 5sp, 9cp
A fine large 8'x12' carpet, dyed blue. It is embroidered with a fire pattern. 346gp, 5sp, 6cp
A small 18"x24" painting of a goat. The goat is smiling. In an exceptional bird's eye maple frame. On it is the maker's mark of Coad of Nearstone. 79gp, 2sp
A colorless glass small fist-sized skull. It is engraved with an image of a lady and a dark naga. The lady is shivering, and the dark naga is talking. Has an inset coral: pink to crimson, worth 100gp. 104gp, 8sp
An exceptional large 8'x12' carpet, dyed ocher. It is embroidered with a harlequin pattern. 508gp, 4sp, 6cp
3 fine cotton handkerchiefs, dyed green. 5gp, 8sp, 5cp
2 fine silver bracelets. Has a pair of inset smoky quartzs: light gray, yellow brown or blue, worth 50gp each. 202gp, 7sp
2 goat leather bracelets. They are engraved with an image of a cleric and an abjurer. The cleric is hopping, and the abjurer is battling. 15gp, 6sp

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ekuNNN posted:

Oh god there's a terrible waifu version and it makes monstrosities
http://www.thiswaifudoesnotexist.net/

:chloe:

Jesus, you weren't kidding. Some are kinda pretty:

Some just look....moist. Moist and uncomfortable. (Should I NSW this?) Edit: the answer is YES
https://i.imgur.com/xzli4V2m.png

This one seems to be just a butthole.

Dienes has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Feb 21, 2019

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Could we please not have pseudo-NWS generated anime pics in the thread?

EDIT: (Also [timg]ing or linking some of the larger images would be preferable imo)

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Feb 21, 2019

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Eventually there will be a GAN for all possible fetish content, and human extinction will begin.

I, for one, dread the loss of Quentin Tarantino after thisfootdoesnotexist is created.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Some procedural jokes/riddles:

quote:

I like my relationships like I like my source, open
I like my coffee like I like my war, cold
I like my boys like I like my sectors, bad

http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/P13-2041

quote:

What do you get when you cross bedroom furniture with an error?
A Bed Bug

What do you get when you cross a season with a cruciferous vegetable?
A Spring Cabbage

What do you get when you get when you cross a strong wind and an appliance?
A blow dryer

What do you get when you are restricted for appearing for some event and visual communication?
A bar graph

What do you get when you cross alloy and an act of throwing a ball?
A steel bowl

What is reservation in advance with protective covering called?
Book cover

What do you get when you cross a person with lighter complexion and commerce trade?
Fair trade

https://www.ijcaonline.org/research/volume140/number10/shah-2016-ijca-909467.pdf

quote:

(1) How is a nice girl like a sugary bird? Each is a sweet chick.
(2) What is the difference between leaves and a car? One you brush and rake, the other you rush and brake.
(3) What is the difference between a pretty glove and a silent cat? One is a cute mitten, the other is a mute kitten.
(4) What do you call a naked bruin? A grizzly bare.
(5) What do you call a strange market? A bizarre bazaar.

https://www.inf.ed.ac.uk/publications/online/0158.pdf

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Those in the last quote aren't bad.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

frankenfreak posted:

Those in the last quote aren't bad.

Yeah the're surprisingly coherent and actually pretty "clever".

I think most of them could probably be workshopped and make some good or at least better jokes. Clearly a computer still doesn't understand delivery and such, so it just puts the ingredients into a formula, without any thought to timing or wording.

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Feb 22, 2019

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Krankenstyle posted:

Yeah the're surprisingly coherent and actually pretty "clever".

I think most of them could probably be workshopped and make some good or at least better jokes. Clearly a computer still doesn't understand delivery and such, so it just puts the ingredients into a formula, without any thought to timing or wording.
We've automated dad jokes. It's not like we even had a shortage.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

zedprime posted:

We've automated dad jokes. It's not like we even had a shortage.

flocks of jobless dads, listless and idle, gathering in parking garages and hardware stores, mustaches twitching, mouths half-crusted with foam and puns

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

flocks of jobless dads, listless and idle, gathering in parking garages and hardware stores, mustaches twitching, mouths half-crusted with foam and puns

*staggers, coughs* h-hi.. ffffff-flockless *coughs* im.. im dad *collapses*

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Ravendas posted:

I used to write D&D mad-libsy apps to help in the creation of my sandbox game.

Just want to say these are cool and that the book titles made me think of Dwarf Fortress

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The stuff in the openAI dump is great and also very bad.

Some sort of SCP poo poo I dunno posted:

One night, I was at a local bar when a large truck stopped on the road which lead to the Ocean Club. I was at the bar when the police arrived on the scene. They were a group of officers from the Port Police Department who were there to assist with the search of the car. I had to be with them for a few minutes on the scene to help them locate the car.

They asked me where the car was parked. I told them that it was parked in a lot next to the Ocean Club. They asked where the car was located. I told them that the car was found in the parking lot next to Ocean Club. They asked me what the car was doing there. I told them that it was parked in the lot next to the Ocean Club. They asked me what was in the car. I told them that there was a shopping bag in the boot of the car. They told me to look inside the boot. When I opened the boot, I was shocked to see human blood. I was very shocked and I did not ask them any further questions.

I was given a copy of the police report in which the police stated that the blood was human blood. The report also stated that the blood was found in the boot of the car. I was extremely shocked by this report. I was able to confirm that the blood was human blood. I believe this blood was from my son.

I have no doubt that the blood was from my son. I believe that there is a very good chance that it was from my son. I have no doubt that the blood was from my son. I have no doubt that the blood was from my son.

I interviewed my son, who told me the following:

"On the night of the murders, I was driving home from work. I was asleep in the back seat of the car. I was driving north to the Ocean Club when I saw blood on the road. I slowed down and stopped the car. I walked to the side of the road, switched on the emergency lights and called 911. I was on the phone with 911 for about 45 minutes until the police arrived on the scene. I was able to identify the blood which was my son's blood.

I am positive that my son was murdered. I am positive that he was murdered. I am positive that he was murdered."

I asked my son about the blood on the road. He told me that it was blood. This was his version of events. It is my belief that he was trying to account for the blood on the road. This is why he was calling 911. At the time of the phone call, he was not aware that there was a police investigation.

In February of 2008, my son responded to a request for an interview. My son was a qualified fireman and he had been trained on how to handle a fire. He had been trained on how to resuscitate someone who had died in a fire. He had been trained on how to extract the victim's organs. He had been trained on how to extract the victim's organs. He had been trained on how to extract the victim's organs.

He had been trained on how to extract the victim's organs. He had been trained on how to extract the victim's organs. He had been trained on how to extract the victim's organs. He had been trained on how to extract the victim's organs.

He had been trained on how to extract the victim's organs. He had been trained on how to extract the victim's organs

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The repetition is actually kind of unnerving there.

9/10 move over Stephen King

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Two weeks. Two weeks. TwWO WEeeKs. *throws exploding head*

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Another one with creepy repetition:
https://twitter.com/kikko_fr/status/1098151058885562369

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A friend of mine linked me this, also from openai

quote:

Kroot: a species of reptilian alien soldiers, with a penchant for eating a particular type of cheese!

The Kroot are a faction of aliens from Warhammer 40k that were introduced in the latest codex, White Dwarf #15. They've come from the distant star-plexes of Kroot, which are a major source of the Imperium's food. They are particularly adept at cheese-eating.

History [ edit ]

White Dwarf article: Kroot [1]

The Imperial Guard are already in love with Kroot cheese. We all want to taste the delicious, sweet, and savoury tang of Kroot cheese! This may seem like nothing more than a passing fancy, but the Kroot have a more nefarious plan in mind! The Kroot are in the grip of a conspiracy to enslave humanity, and they'll use their cheese-eating skills in order to corrupt them, turning them into mindless Kroot slaves. This plan is, of course, all part of their plan!

Kroot and the Emperor [ edit ]

The Kroot were originally from Kroot, a star system located in the Eye of Terror as well as the largest one of its kind. The Imperium originally feared Kroot were a threat, as they are well known for eating flesh and have a predilection for cheese-eating. But this had been taken to an insane level after the Kroot discovered cheese-eating was a potent mind-control tactic. The Kroot quickly took advantage of this, and as the Imperium could no longer be sure of the food supplies of humans, they adopted the Kroot as an alien species. The Imperium hoped that if the Kroot adopted humans like a new form of domesticated pigs, they would adopt a similar mindset, and become loyal servants of the Imperium. The Kroot were granted to the Imperium as war beasts, and given new lives that were better than life as common Kroot.

This plan failed. With a single act of arrogance, the Kroot killed off the Emperor of Mankind and began using their skills as mind controlled slaves to enslave the rest of the galaxy. A new species of Kroot was born. This time, they ate cheese. These Kroot came to be feared throughout the galaxy as the "Witchhunters" or simply "Kroot" for short.

The Kroot Wars, the Imperium's first foray into fighting off a non-human race, has been raging in the Eye for a decade. The Imperium has sent out vast fleets of ships, some containing the Imperial Guard, against the Kroot in attempts to conquer the Kroot homeworlds of Kroot, Kroot, Kroot. But the Kroot have proven more than a match for the Imperial Navy and their superior technology.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
*around a mouthful of Stilton* I am Kroot

Am I making GBS threads up this thread? :ohdear: I love this poo poo and want to make my enjoyment known, but I feel like my posts have been exceedingly low-content memery.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Dareon posted:

Am I making GBS threads up this thread? :ohdear: I love this poo poo and want to make my enjoyment known, but I feel like my posts have been exceedingly low-content memery.

:jpmf:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Tunicate posted:

The stuff in the openAI dump is great and also very bad.

I remember the first time I saw a firefighter extract a dead guy's organs right then and there. kind of disturbing but it's for a good cause

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Where the hell is this OpenAI stuff from? I wanna read more bonkers AI gibberish.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Where the hell is this OpenAI stuff from? I wanna read more bonkers AI gibberish.
Here's their website with some hand curated samples
https://blog.openai.com/better-language-models/

Here's the big pile of a couple thousand random samples they put on github
https://github.com/openai/gpt-2/tree/master/gpt-2-samples

<|endoftext|> denotes that it's done on the previous topic, and will now start babbling on a new random topic.

BlockChainNetflix
Sep 2, 2011
should i bother if i don't have an nvidia gpu?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Dareon posted:

Imo it adds a lot to the thread when the various procedural shenanigans also get comments from other people, even if they are mainly quick jokes, so yeah, :justpost:

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

quote:

This plan failed. With a single act of arrogance, the Kroot killed off the Emperor of Mankind and began using their skills as mind controlled slaves to enslave the rest of the galaxy. A new species of Kroot was born. This time, they ate cheese.

I'm more deeply invested in this procedurally generated story of the cheese-eating Kroot from planet Kroot who usurped the golden throne than I have been in any piece of 40k lore, ever.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:ohdear:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Push the fat man.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hope I'm not spamming the thread too much with this GPT-2 stuff

Here's a little vignette about the Tramp, a folkloric hero

quote:

As a kid I never knew of the "T" in the word Tramp, but as someone who came of age in the '50s, I'm glad I did. It's a word that tells us that, at the very least, the Tramp was a man who didn't shy away from hard work and risk.

The word can come from two different sources. First, in the words of Merriam-Webster, the name is derived from "Transylvania," a region in southern Romania. The town is named after the nobleman who settled there, so perhaps the Tramp was a man who came from Transylvania, or who had spent time there (or was related to those who had).

More likely the origin is the word Trombe, meaning "a man or boy who has worked, traveled through or lived in some frontier district" or a boy who was a "tramp or runaway."

There is, then, a strong connection to Transylvania. A common theme in T-roll story are the poor, wandering T-rolls who traveled to and lived in the wilds of Transylvania. The Tramp fits well with these motifs, and as the stories developed he came to be known as a hero that crossed borders both on foot and by horse.

What makes the Tramp so iconic, though, is also what makes him so misunderstood. In the first place, there is no connection between the Tramp and "Trombe." Trombe was a man who "trafficked" for money, not for anything else, not even for pleasure. He was more like a traveling salesman. He went from village to village. You could call him a trader who traveled for gold. In fact, one of his most famous poems is about buying and selling gold. Here's a little excerpt, though, from one of his poems called "The Golden Goose":

I had just come back from Transylvania,

Where I'd bought gold for twenty pieces,

Two pieces from each peasant I sold

But now for gold I come to find

Four pieces to me.

Tobacco pipes and bags of grain

And gold in the pockets are not the Tramp's

Reason for being.

The Tramp may be a traveler, and his journey is in part a quest for his own personal gain, but he still has a heart of gold and a sense of honor, despite the dangers he faces. In his stories, he travels throughout Europe and even the Middle East, and he doesn't care what his destination is -- he just wants to get back on his feet. He's a man who doesn't try to live a luxurious life, and who isn't ashamed to be poor (though it's not clear as to what his income was as a kid).

In fact, the Tramp may be a bit less wealthy than he appears, and he may not have had the greatest means of transportation in his youth. The author of "The Golden Goose" tells us that he got the idea for the poem from a story told by a traveling salesman. The salesman had gotten lost in a forest, and was afraid, when he realized he couldn't find his way back into town, that he would never be seen again. He would be a lost man, and he would die a lonely death. When asked where he would die, the salesman replied that he wouldn't die; he would just give up. (His words, not mine.)

There's more to the story, of course. What the salesman didn't tell the traveler was that he had made it to the small town of Bracken, near Bristol, during the last days of the Roman Empire, where he lived and worked in a tavern, and later, lived in a manor there. And, while the shopkeeping skills he learned in his travels are evident in his work, he couldn't have been poor for long; he had a wife and a farm and a stable. The Tramp may not have had the money, but he's not a "tramp" as such. He doesn't try to live a luxurious life: he just doesn't live so lavishly that he can't keep up with the cost of buying all the food he eats and all the money he travels with—and with his daughter and son.

By most accounts, he was about twenty-four when he left home and went off on his travels—though we all know that was before the invention of cars and the telegraph and the telephone with which to relay messages across the world. He might have even died during his travels. His daughter eventually remarried, and it is rumored that her new husband, who lived in the area as a soldier during the war, might be the one to discover and bury his father in Transylvania.

And a review of a critically acclaimed movie, The Wisdom of The Ancients

quote:

I have heard there are a few people who have heard stories about the "Wisdom of the Ancients" or "The Wisdom of The Ancients" for short. People know of the ancient wisdom and their connection to the gods, but no one really knows what they are. Some are saying this is a story told by God, and others have said it is a way of life for humans. You've got to see this movie and find out what your fellow world citizens believe about the ancient masters.

WARNING TO SPOILERS - This movie is full of deep, dark and powerful messages. Please do not watch this movie if you are not mentally ready for these subjects. If you are willing to take the time to see this movie with eyes open, then this experience is very worthwhile.

The film presents an ancient Greek myth told through the eyes of a 12-year-old boy. He is placed into the world of a normal kid, as a result of the "Wisdom of the Ancients," a secret society and philosophy created in the ancient Greece by the legendary philosopher Plato. Plato's message to the citizens of the world is that there is a way to get out of reality and live a life beyond mortal life.

In one instance, the boy's mother is visited by an old, elderly man, and tells him he must learn about Plato's philosophy. Her grandson then sees a statue depicting Plato. In that vision, the boy's mother says the figure is Plato, and the man tells him if he lives a life of philosophy that he will live a very long life.

On a quest for wisdom, the boy meets Socrates, who is a representative of this ancient school. Socrates guides him to some of the philosophies of the time and teaches the boy the meaning of life. The boy is taken aback by the philosophy, and he begins to change.

He begins to think about the world around him, and why he is in it. Plato sees in him the potential for enlightenment, and asks him to read his book. As the boy reads, he begins to develop a love for truth which would become a key theme throughout the film.

The movie ends with a final scene of the boy reading his book and looking out to see a beautiful day. He then looks up and we see him in a cloud of dust. It's then that we realize the story is not over. This film is full of messages to live in truth and honor each other. This is the most important life lesson the film presents. It has also received the most critical acclaim from film critics.

So if anything the movie does it teaches you to always check your intentions at the door. No one is safe from what is in the shadows. Do the right things and you will always be rewarded.

The Wisdom of the Ancients is a unique movie. It is a movie you cannot forget. It is a movie you must view with fresh eyes. There are too many points of view and ways of thinking and experiencing this story to describe.

The film is beautifully directed and it shows the truth that we have lost since WWII to those who seek it. Even though we have had 50 years to educate ourselves on what the world has gone to, we have lost the ability to know the truth.

It teaches you to live a life of truth and honor that leads to your own ultimate bliss. There is no such thing as a free lunch as you will not be able to have it forever. The movie does not take credit for its ideas or its themes, which I consider it to be one of the best things ever made. It merely offers a powerful message and a story to live by.

The movie is one of the most beautiful pieces I have watched and to be quite honest it is one of the most powerful movies of all time. It is a movie that will change your life, but not for the better.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 07:44 on Feb 28, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Tunicate posted:

Hope I'm not spamming the thread too much with this GPT-2 stuff

No that was perfect for copying to the TRUMP thread thank you

quote:

In fact, the Tramp may be a bit less wealthy than he appears

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

“Wisdom of the Ancients” or “The Wisdom of The Ancients” for short.
:hmmyes:

Also these are great, keep posting them as far as I'm concerned.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I've always known that I will be killed, but now I know the most common way to kill a runaway trolley, and I'm going to take as many of them with me as I can.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
Here's a quick toy I recently did in Houdini, a 3d modeling/animation/vfx package that's very suitable for creating procedural graphics and tools:
https://twitter.com/antti_tiihonen/status/1099691309147787264

What's going on over there is that I first randomly generate "veins" on the surface of the input mesh (which could pretty much be any mesh but a humanoid works best for the body horror) by finding shortest paths between randomly picked points and one or more ending points. Then I run it through a softbody simulation where the mesh behaves somewhat similar to a stretchy, rubbery cloth that is being rapidly inflated with air. In order to avoid it inflating it like a balloon the cloth is more rigid towards the veins which results in those folds when the simulation is being run.

Here's how it looks in Houdini and the tool's parameter interface that can be used to modify how it behaves:

The fun thing with Houdini is that I could now with very little effort bring that same tool, complete with those sliders and other parameters, over to Unity or Unreal Engine where I could generate these from whatever game objects I have in the game. One major limitation there is that this works only in the editor and not in the game runtime so they can't be dynamically generated while the game runs so they need to be baked into normal mesh objects.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

drat that's a cool effect!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Grimrock 3 looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Tunicate posted:

Here's a little vignette about the Tramp, a folkloric hero

i feel edged, he barely talked about the Tramp at all!