Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Soothing Vapors posted:

the trick is to wait until deathplague quits for the league then make him give you all his stuff

Genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I'm just waiting for torchlight frontiers to come out and then maybe we can mod naked silver dudes into it

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Wait, I can't believe I forgot the other essential part of torchlight frontiers:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1091348746535948289

Estel
May 4, 2010

Erdricks posted:

No, the end of Marvel Heroes was a totally inept management team. I don't remember if they just forgot to renew their license or wound up breaking it somehow in connection with the sex scandal involving the CEO, but its rare for a game it shut down entirely rather then just stopping development and letting it live on to soak what you can from cash shop.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Wasn't there that issue where Marvel/Disney was being really strict with licenses again? Maybe they asked too much money to renew it or something so what was left of Gaz just decided gently caress it.

Gazillion lost the license because they didn't have a big enough player base or enough whales to keep a steady income. When things started to go south because pc playerbase was leaving instead of trying to fix the game they tried to attract the console players with the Xbox and PS ports. They got a new playerbase on console but lots of pc players left the game because they didn't update or fixed the game on PC while working on the console ports.

Like i said i have a lot of hours played on Marvel Heroes, not in the thousands like some of the posters here just in the hundreds, and the game maybe wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. It was fun and that was it's only saving grace, once the game became less fun, like with the movement updates or the "Biggest Update Ever" ( that was just half an update because they left to focus on the console version first before finishing it), people just left the game.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The thousands? What kind of loser would have put that much time into this poo poo game. Oh...

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

RosaParksOfDip posted:

The thousands? What kind of loser would have put that much time into this poo poo game. Oh...

Shame that number is. One number past perfect.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

If you don't have at least 2k hours logged on MH, I don't think you truly understand this thread.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Erdricks posted:

If you don't have at least 2k hours logged on MH, I don't think you truly understand this thread.

if u were a shameful person who leaves their pc on all the time you probably do bc it had a bug where it ran forever for like, years lmao

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Wasn't there that issue where Marvel/Disney was being really strict with licenses again? Maybe they asked too much money to renew it or something so what was left of Gaz just decided gently caress it.
Old Brev said part of it was the initial license was negotiated with Marvel's old license team who were replaced as part of the Disney/MCU shuffle and the new guys hated the game.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
To be fair, i think he said they basically hated everything their predecessors did.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Shame that number is. One number past perfect.

I somehow managed to 100% New Vegas at 420 hours.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Lol if you don't have $2 per hour spent in this dead game

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
Our new game is shown!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k0rZguK7EU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i clicked the link but it was just an exceptionally boring talk about the history of a fictional anime that i could not care less about, so thread delivers.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ghostlight posted:

i clicked the link but it was just an exceptionally boring talk about the history of a fictional anime that i could not care less about, so thread delivers.

It was Dead by Daylight for the switch for me, so I'm not sure I fared any better. :saddowns:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

It's not anything for me.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Unavailable for me.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Much like Marlboro Herons Omaga 2912

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
It was probably a MUA3 clip from today's Nintendo Direct.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A41xrnrppKc
That's what it was if you missed it live.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Looks like there are a bunch of crashdown strikes so I'm sold.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
I thought the stream would just be archived at that link.. Guess not

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Oh look ICR made the anthem thread, his impeccable taste in dead games continues.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I don’t like playing games. I like typing and pushing keys.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Giedroyc posted:

Oh look ICR made the anthem thread, his impeccable taste in dead games continues.

he does this out of compassion

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm interested to hear about typing that somehow does not involve pushing keys.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

I'm interested to hear about typing that somehow does not involve pushing keys.

ok google speech to text alexa play marvel heroes send post

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

video games are sometimes fun to play by pushing buttons

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I do enjoy pushing things. But Bioware and Anthem do not entice me to push buttons.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

I AM THE MOON posted:

ok google speech to text alexa play marvel heroes send post

huh

ICR playing video games using alexa as his only controller would explain a lot about his performance

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Okay Google, cosmic today.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Cortana, swap costume. Cortana, swap costume. Cortana, /pose. Cortana, swap costume.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Cortana, say "ICR, you complete me".

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Google, wake me up inside. Wake me up inside. Call my name and save me from the dark.

Sunshine always wins. Always and forever much love all yay!!!!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i can still smell the sweet pee

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I figured this would be the best place to get in touch with my homies besides discord, but how have none of you made an Umbrella Academy thread here? Show was great!

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I've tried 3 times to watch the first episode and just could not get into it. It was super slow and none of the characters seemed interesting. It might have been bearable if anything at all of note happened in that episode but it moved at a snail's pace.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I miss this game far more than it really deserved.

Sometimes I just feel like punching some ex-Google employees and their robo-dinosaurs, you know?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Umbrella Academy wasn't great to me but I already posted about it in the Netflix/Hulu/Streaming PYF thread. As I see it the ham-fisted writing keeps the characters from acting like a person actually would so they're just mechanisms for advancing the thin plot or for generating extremely artificial/overwrought drama. It's like the majority of really bad X-men comics, especially from the 80's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Lozareth posted:

Umbrella Academy wasn't great to me but I already posted about it in the Netflix/Hulu/Streaming PYF thread. As I see it the ham-fisted writing keeps the characters from acting like a person actually would so they're just mechanisms for advancing the thin plot or for generating extremely artificial/overwrought drama. It's like the majority of really bad X-men comics, especially from the 80's.

It's why I love it. It's like the X-Men but then it's like "but really, if the X-Men were a thing, they'd be hosed up like this."