Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The original Switch hacks were unlocked when they found out you could jam a paperclip into some part or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What are we guessing for those Resi ports...$40 each? 🤔

Christ, I hope not. I mean, I want to be super hopeful (and naive) and say that Re4 would be something like... $20 ($25 :canada: :argh:), but.... dammit, you're probably closer :negative:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Christ, I hope not. I mean, I want to be super hopeful (and naive) and say that Re4 would be something like... $20 ($25 :canada: :argh:), but.... dammit, you're probably closer :negative:

Re4 is one of my favorite games of all time and I cannot wait to get it for switch regardless of cost.

I guess you could say "I'll pay even inflated amounts for it."

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Capcom's been pretty good about their Switch pricing for the most part. Okami is $20, the same as PS4. Dragon's Dogma is gonna be $30. The Mega Man collections are the same price as they are on PS4 too. I can't really see them charging more than $20 per game.

Ultra Street Fighter 2 was an "original" game for the Switch so I think it's hefty price is more of an outlier.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

bushisms.txt posted:

The moment we got a modern computer and internet, everyone had 56k and C&C right, the first thing I did was try the online in MoHAA. That would be the beginning of the end for me.

Oh drat. I played the hell out of MoHAA and I think I peaked with that game. Every other FPS after, I've been terrible at, but I was the poo poo at Allied Assault deathmatch.

Just got Celeste and while fun as hell, I need a controller with a better d-pad. The pro controller is terrible at diagonals.

I'm looking at the 8bitdo SN30 pro and the PowerA wireless gamecube controller. Are the shoulder triggers weird on the gamecube controller or do you not have to press all the way to the bottom on them?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Judge Tesla posted:

If Microsoft are going to release all their first party games on every system baring the PS4/5 then what the hell is the point of the Xbox One Two going to be, if I can play the next Halo on my Switch or whatever else then why would I even buy one.

Microsoft's goal is to be "the Netflix of gaming". The real money is on software and third party royalties. At best hardware just gets in the way of that.

The purpose of the Xbox TWO (or is it FOUR?) will likely be for diehard fans who want the flagship console for the digital platform for the "true experience" and more casual gamers who want just a streaming box.

There will likely be two different models. One which will be a cheap subsidized gaming box primarily for streaming and low end versions of games (the Roku of game consoles) and a high end version that is essentially the Xbox One X 2 and hold the title of the most powerful gaming platform to play the definitive versions of games, because LMFAO if console gamers are going to switch to PC.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
They better port RE5 drat it, some of my best gaming memories consist of playing that online with a friend. Capcom, I can personally guarantee 2 sales if you port it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

People don't believe me, but Celeste really is better played with the analogue stick. There's a reason every tutorial and on screen icon shows the stick instead of a d-pad

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't believe you and I never will

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

People don't believe me, but Celeste really is better played with the analogue stick. There's a reason every tutorial and on screen icon shows the stick instead of a d-pad

Maybe I just suck at this game :v: I was having issues with the analog stick so ppl were suggesting I try the d-pad, which seemed a bit better.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WHY BONER NOW posted:

They better port RE5 drat it, some of my best gaming memories consist of playing that online with a friend. Capcom, I can personally guarantee 2 sales if you port it

They should port RE6 instead because it’s a better game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I think the Switch port of RE4 will be the first time that I'll 100% the game. I've beaten it, beaten it on Pro, beaten both Assaignment Ada and Separate Ways, and gotten at LEAST 3-4 stars in every level of Mercenaries, though maybe not with every character. I think I've collected all the bottle caps, too. I've never used the hand cannon, though, as well as other stuff like the mine thrower (:rolleyes:), but with it on Switch? gently caress yes, I'm doing everything this time.

WAIT!

Follow me.

EDIT: how the gently caress do you even get ammo for the mine thrower? Why is it even in the game? I kind of like the decision to add it in, to be honest, because it confuses me so much.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Got my Satisfye grip this week, and had a chance to try it out on sunday while the wife watched the Oscars. What a great product (the Satisfye grip, not the Oscars). I'm a big guy at 6'5" so long term gaming in portable mode was an exercise in hand pain, but with the grip I was fine playing Dead Cells for a couple hours with no issues.

10/10 money well spent, highly recommended.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

You're insane. The analogue stick is better than the D-Pad in only one specific instance: the feather mechanic in chapter 6. Otherwise the d-pad is just so much better at not rocketing you off in a direction you didn't mean to go

edit: Unless we're talking about the joy cons specifically and not the pro controller. The dpad on the joy cons is indeed trash and the analogue stick is better in that case

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 25, 2019

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is building enough or do you have to upgrade them too?

I'm not quite sure because I always upgraded them when I made them. I would assume so.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They should port RE6 instead because it’s a better game.

No one listen to this man. RE6 isn't just a bad RE game, it's a terrible game in general that no one should play. Not even co-op saves it from being misery.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Your character only moves in 8 directions, you never require analog movement and it requires a lot of precision. It's a dpad game.

Except for the feathers, that is. You definitely want an analog stick for those.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Saints Row 3 comes out the in May right before RE4. I'm stoked the Switch is going to have a decent dildo physics simulator GTA clone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RE1-4: Genre defining GOATs
RE5,6: Trash
RE7 and 2 remake: GOATs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What are we guessing for those Resi ports...$40 each? 🤔

Prices / pre-order go olive on Feb 28. Release May 21

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

How is re7 in any goat conversations? The first half is a linear haunted house with terrible boss fights that resembles re1 way too much without being fresh. The second half is just a AAA outlast.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

s.i.r.e. posted:

No one listen to this man. RE6 isn't just a bad RE game, it's a terrible game in general that no one should play. Not even co-op saves it from being misery.

Wrong

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

RE 7 rules, bitch. It was a return to form. Felt like playing one of the older games but in first person.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

How is re7 in any goat conversations? The first half is a linear haunted house with terrible boss fights that resembles re1 way too much without being fresh. The second half is just a AAA outlast.

Haunted houses are resident evil as hell

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Resident Evil 6 was best horrible game I ever played. It was so hosed up and dumb. Also it was like 500 hours long

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

whaley posted:

Resident Evil 6 was best horrible game I ever played. It was so hosed up and dumb. Also it was like 500 hours long

RE6 is my favorite awful game of all time

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Resi 6 is better than 5 in just about every conceivable way.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Waffle! posted:

Saints Row 3 comes out the in May right before RE4. I'm stoked the Switch is going to have a decent dildo physics simulator GTA clone.

Is this really coming to the switch? But there's no CD Drive, how am I supposed to scratch my disk with a fork?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGyKFJFk1ow

I guess I can taste it at least, kind of bitter.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Pretty much

man nurse posted:

Also true

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I still don't like any Resident Evil that isn't 4

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

EDIT: ^^^^^ That's totally fine.

"...re-releasing 3 classics." Yeah, gonna stop you right there, Chet. There are two classics there, and then some game on a train that has leeches.

They need to let 0 die.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I enjoyed 6 but I can see why people dislike it.

I found it to be even more insane and over the top than 5. I just immersed myself in the cheese and I loved it.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I was curious about re7 when it came out, but then it seems like one week later everyone completely forgot about it because I never heard a peep about it again!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
My right joy-con seems to have a much shorter range than the left one. It disconnects on a regular basis when I'm playing docked from my couch. Is that something Nintendo will fix under warranty?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

man nurse posted:

This

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I consider every re-release of RE4 as a new Resident Evil so as a series Resident Evil is mostly great!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine if there were someone who never played a RE game

If they were to play only one RE game, would it make sense to start with the latest and greatest or are they very reliant on their predecessors?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

:hmmyes:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Macaluso posted:

edit: Unless we're talking about the joy cons specifically and not the pro controller. The dpad on the joy cons is indeed trash and the analogue stick is better in that case

a lot of people say this and they're all wrong. it takes a little adjustment but the joycon dpad is great for celeste

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Albert Wesker isn't in Resident Evil 6, how could it be better than 5

loving checkmate

The Bloop posted:

Imagine if there were someone who never played a RE game

If they were to play only one RE game, would it make sense to start with the latest and greatest or are they very reliant on their predecessors?

Both REmakes are absolutely the pinnacles of the series, or at the very least embody the spirit of survival horror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Its because you are wrong... I mean, in my opinion at least. I played it with a Xbox360 controller on PC for a while before switching to the Dpad on an ibuffalo SNES controller and the dpad was WAY better.

Edit: Forgot about the feathers... I think for those I switched back to my Xbox controller and would switch to the stick whenever I got one as those things were impossible to do with a dpad...

Pash fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 25, 2019