Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Slim Pickens posted:

You're driving through some nasty poo poo if you can rust a rotor to the point of compromising structural integrity before hitting the wear limit.

Welcome to the midwest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Powershift posted:

"B is for build" snuck back into my youtube recommended. he's rebuilding a totaled GTR

He's replacing all the stamped bits with flat chunks of sheet metal.

So I saw one of his videos pop up under my lists on Youtube and ended up giving this series a watch, and oh boy is it bad.
Like the metalwork he does for the wheel arches is terrible. I thought at first maybe this was a rough outline, and he would clean it up later, but nope. This is the finished product.

He also fucks up an entire carbon fiber quarter panel by trying to paint it with rattlecan paint. His whole "build" is something else.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ExplodingSims posted:

So I saw one of his videos pop up under my lists on Youtube and ended up giving this series a watch, and oh boy is it bad.
Like the metalwork he does for the wheel arches is terrible. I thought at first maybe this was a rough outline, and he would clean it up later, but nope. This is the finished product.

He also fucks up an entire carbon fiber quarter panel by trying to paint it with rattlecan paint. His whole "build" is something else.

The "widebody" RX-7 he sold to another YouTuber is a complete mess. B for Build seems to have a hard on for doing lovely wide body kits.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

B for Build into the compactor.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lol cummins prices on craigslist

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If it didn't have all that rusty dodge poo poo around it it would be worth $9k

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I just spent a few minutes looking for any Cummins for less and they all had over 200k, or salvage titles or a serious problem. One was more expensive and at 300k miles!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

StormDrain posted:

I just spent a few minutes looking for any Cummins for less and they all had over 200k, or salvage titles or a serious problem. One was more expensive and at 300k miles!

i know what I have

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.redd.it/wlzjbt8xgki21.jpg

:nws: for anime bondage on the side of a car.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MrYenko posted:

B for Build into the compactor.

B is for BAD

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Memento posted:

I am the deformed feet.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Are the DSA ok with anime bondage?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Memento posted:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Poor marks for not using the Honda H.

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.
So first, sorry for the terrible picture.
This is a new, Terrible Truck stuff that I've never seen before. A wide LED lightbar, mounted flush into the tailgate, on a lifted truck. The light bar was turned on and totally blinding. He had lower lights too, I imagine for reversing. Antisocial is one thing, being actively dangerous for other drivers is a new low.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

netwerk23 posted:

This is a new, Terrible Truck stuff that I've never seen before. A wide LED lightbar, mounted flush into the tailgate, on a lifted truck. The light bar was turned on and totally blinding. He had lower lights too, I imagine for reversing. Antisocial is one thing, being actively dangerous for other drivers is a new low.

We drove behind a car with a white led license plate frame that was blinding and made it impossible to read the license plate. I imagine that was the intention. I turned on my high beams in retaliation.

I also finally was blinded by a Jeep with a roof mounted light bar, turned on around noon. I see plenty of them mounted but I've never seen one in operation.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MetaJew posted:

I see plenty of them mounted but I've never seen one in operation.

To be fair neither do most of the people that own them.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Not cool to gently caress with someone's property, but the truck deserves a good steady stripe of rustoleum over that LED housing.

The license plate LEDs sound like the unit I got when re-locating a rear plate from the stock location - it's pretty bright and can definitely bug people behind you. My solution was a strip of electrical tape over the top of the housing so the only light output went straight down.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

netwerk23 posted:

Like, just flat-out a rear facing white led light bar? These guys aren't even pretending not to be colossal dicks these days are they?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I saw someone with something similar to that, but on the front of their car. It was similar in size to a license plate and was smack in the middle of their bumper. It looked stupid but I couldn't really get mad because it wasn't any brighter than a normal headlight, it just looked idiotic.

By far the stupidest part is they had disabled/smoked the stock headlights. I guess they figured a single headlight in the middle was good enough? :iiam:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Saturday I helped a friend borrow his father's truck by driving his car back home after he got the truck.

2015 Kia soul with the bigger engine (2.2?) and the six speed auto. This is after the fuel economy rebounded by 0.7 MPG after driving it at a normal speed in a normal fashion for maybe 1.5 miles:

You really have to try to get that poor of economy out of a FWD commuter. I think he rarely does anything besides WOT or foot off the gas.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 26, 2019

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Jesus. I got a tank of gas for like $1.85 a gallon last month and I decided I'd push it hard and see how low I could get the MPGs, I got tired of it almost immediately and gave up. I can't imagine living my whole life that way.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
That's loving terrible. My fiesta st gets nearly double that, and I drive like I've got an ek civic hatch and just watched fast and the furious for the first time.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Geoj posted:

Saturday I helped a friend borrow his father's truck by driving his car back home after he got the truck.

2015 Kia soul with the bigger engine (2.2?) and the six speed auto. This is after the fuel economy rebounded by 0.7 MPG after driving it at a normal speed in a normal fashion for maybe 1.5 miles:

You really have to try to get that poor of economy out of a FWD commuter. I think he rarely does anything besides WOT or foot off the gas.

Lot of time spent idling, probably. We had a pickup with a scissor lift in the back that had an average of under 2 mpg lifetime and maybe low 4 digits on the odometer. It spent its life driving to airplanes and then idling next to them.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I pushed a newer chrysler 200 to around half its rated mpg by doing nothing but my daily routine. Horray for 2 mile round trip commutes to work. Every week or so I take my mazda and just drive it to get the fluids hot. This accounts for around 75%+ of my yearly mileage.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Giving a poo poo about gas mileage is the least AI thing of all time.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Finger Prince posted:

Lot of time spent idling, probably. We had a pickup with a scissor lift in the back that had an average of under 2 mpg lifetime and maybe low 4 digits on the odometer. It spent its life driving to airplanes and then idling next to them.

Hopefully this. I spend a shitload of time idling in the summer (delivery guy, black car, need a/c, I start during the slowest part of the day). My mileage drops into the high teens when I do that (normally ~25ish, 2.2L Saturn).

Shrapnig posted:

Try driving 750ish miles a week and you'll start caring about mileage pretty quick.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Hypermiling is a special form of automotive insanity. :colbert:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Elmnt80 posted:

I pushed a newer chrysler 200 to around half its rated mpg by doing nothing but my daily routine. Horray for 2 mile round trip commutes to work. Every week or so I take my mazda and just drive it to get the fluids hot. This accounts for around 75%+ of my yearly mileage.

This is why I have a cheap Leaf. There really isn't a better car to go such short distances in.

And yes I know I should just walk instead.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I had a 1 mile commute to work and a 2-3 mile commute back home if I drove, back when I had an apartment near my office. For about two years, before our office got really big, I rode my bike along the 1-mile route. Then the site began to grow from 5-700 to 1500 employees and I was nearly run over by co-workers in the morning once I got onto the campus. They would all call into meeting is on their cell phones as they drove in.

I stopped riding my bike after a few close calls. Now I live about 7 miles from my office which could be a nice ride if the first 3ish miles to the bike path wasn't either along some very busy roads or way out of the way... And quite hilly. Maybe one day when I buy an overpowered electric assist bicycle.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

NoWake posted:

Not cool to gently caress with someone's property, but the truck deserves a good steady stripe of rustoleum over that LED housing.

The license plate LEDs sound like the unit I got when re-locating a rear plate from the stock location - it's pretty bright and can definitely bug people behind you. My solution was a strip of electrical tape over the top of the housing so the only light output went straight down.

I cannot find the product that this person was using, but it wasn't even close to the pictured light. It was literally a rectangular frame of high output LEDs aimed at traffic behind the car, not inward towards the plate. The light was so focused, it was like staring into the sun.

The next day when I saw the brodozer with the roof-bar light, it was exactly the same sort of light output.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

You Am I posted:

The "widebody" RX-7 he sold to another YouTuber is a complete mess. B for Build seems to have a hard on for doing lovely wide body kits.
:cripes: Yea... he ruined that car. And never paid me for the radiator.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

the spyder posted:

And never paid me for the radiator.

:frogon:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Crotch Fruit posted:

Hypermiling is a special form of automotive insanity. :colbert:

As a non native speaker, who always has to check how many "l"s differentiate a distance from drilling something, I just though "so that's how Zonda interiors are made"

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

the spyder posted:

:cripes: Yea... he ruined that car. And never paid me for the radiator.

You ever call him out for the radiator thing?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Guys who insist stance and body kits count as builds are terrible car stuff.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

tuo posted:

As a non native speaker, who always has to check how many "l"s differentiate a distance from drilling something, I just though "so that's how Zonda interiors are made"

As a native English speaker who is too lazy to get my glasses from downstairs, I thought the exact same thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

Guys who insist stance and body kits count as builds are terrible car stuff.

In his defense, he grafted an M5 into a Z-car body and it actually started and drove.

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Like, just flat-out a rear facing white led light bar? These guys aren't even pretending not to be colossal dicks these days are they?

Right, just a brazen gently caress You. I was trying to think of a valid reason - like reversing in the dark forest, or maybe for tailgating parties or something. Forward-facing, ok maybe it's to help night time visibility and be a huge dickhead, but rear facing? Is there any valid need?
The fact that it was molded into the tailgate means it's a product out there you can probably buy, so there must be a use-case for it. I guess. We get a lot of dickhead truck drivers here in FL but this was a new one to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

netwerk23 posted:

The fact that it was molded into the tailgate means it's a product out there you can probably buy, so there must be a use-case for it.

"we can sell this to idiots" is the only reason a product like that needs