Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Another commission.

This is beautiful! I'm really fascinated by the dappled lighting and out-of-focus effects in the background. Very cool!

I did more life drawing!

30-60 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Love those faces in the last two.

I accidentally went to a farm park today, and saw donkeys

and chickens

and then I climbed a giant hill called THUNDERBARROW HILL and drew the world, but then I hosed up and grabbed my black copic instead of my grey

and then I was sad so I climbed back down THUNDERBARROW HILL and came home.

I bought a proper survey map of my area recently, and the main benefit is seeing all the awesome hill names. There is an actual Mount Zion a few miles from my flat.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
Those are great! I really like the subtle field rows.

Also thanks everybody! I was really happy with how that turned out. Now I'm working on this commission:

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

lofi posted:

That is quite the makeup job - she must get through so much concealer. I really like the palette, though the left figure could maybe do with something a bit more saturated to balance the pic - right now it feels right-heavy because of that figure's darker/more saturated colours.

they uses the seashell to make herself human.

yea i struggle with handling brighter colors. the alternatives...i'm not super sure about. i might make the blacks less black now that you mention it and use a less brighter hues for the skin tone.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Decided to try drawing my FFXIV character. A lot of details are off, but eh.

Edit: I forgot to draw her loving tail lol.

Edit2: been told by other goons that the pose looks very unnatural, so I'm going to work on it again tomorrow. Did the base of the new pose at least:

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 26, 2019

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I spent today drawing poultry at the local farm park, and making really cute playing card sized paintings of them:

They're on my Etsy if anyone wants to grab one.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

lofi posted:

They do! I'm impressed you managed to pull it off in your style without it getting visually confusing. How come you don't use line variation?

I used to use line width variation. Back when I was going through a very rough phase I at some point decided to try fixed width in an attempt to allow myself to focus on the lines and shapes and make it less frustrating. It turned out that, after a while of experimenting with it, I actually liked the look of fixed width better overall too. I've stuck with it since. Occasionally I do try to go back to varying width, but I generally don't end up impressed with it.

As you noted, fixed width does have its fair share of challenges too, but I guess I just prefer the look overall, even when it comes to other artists' works.

Nice job with the sceneries by the way!
I always tell myself I should go out and draw from nature, but I never end up going. :(

Tonight: a quick sketch so I can hopefully get to bed at a reasonable hour one of these days.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Think I made the gun too thin. Drawing clothes and hair is hard.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Are you using references? It's generally well worth the time to dig up a photo of something similar to what you're drawing to help get it right.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

lofi posted:

Are you using references? It's generally well worth the time to dig up a photo of something similar to what you're drawing to help get it right.

Kinda? I'm working off screenshots from in-game. What I really should have done was log into the game and draw from there because then I can at least rotate the model, but my drawing setup and gaming setup are pretty far from each other :v: Not to mention that the pose isn't one I can actually do in-game so I need to cross-reference it with similar references and it all kinda gets a little bit lost in translation. Another day, maybe. I feel like focusing on specific body parts rather than doing another whole-body for the next few days.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Always behind on art, always playing art catch up.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Cityscapes are hard.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Still working on vampires.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

lofi posted:

Cityscapes are hard.

pretty fuckin rad if u ask me

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
https://twitter.com/muffinlordArt/status/1101225514306551809?s=19

I was gonna make a Pokemon Shield joke and utterly blew it at the last second, in the grand tradition of my Apex Legends experience. Kinda fitting really.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Not feeling great tonight.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Some live drawing of coworkers during downtime.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 1, 2019

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Working on some concepts for a new comic strip.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Did a study of an Ellison Hoover work. Snowstorm outside New York Public Library.

Gray card stock, marker, and white pencil.

Edit: More snow.

Edit: And some Central Park.

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 5, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Drew a friend. Trying to get her arms down pat was hard.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

That's really nice, her expression is gorgeous.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

How does perspective?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

lofi posted:

How does perspective?

from that angle, perspective does very big lines going far off the page in three directions.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Early draw.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

I want to know what crimes the tree did to deserve to be tied down like that. How powerful is it? What will happen when it breaks loose?

Perfect "no, gently caress YOU dad!" expression!

Ibblebibble posted:

Some live drawing of coworkers during downtime.

Do you literally work with Dilbert or what? Incredible.

IkeTurner posted:

Gray card stock, marker, and white pencil.

Edit: More snow.

Niiiice. I really like how especially in these two, the greyscale on card stock gives them the feel of an old, slightly yellowed black & white photo. It feels comfortable.

I'm meltiiiing oh what a world.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Perfect "no, gently caress YOU dad!" expression!

Haha, just drawing from experience.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
more mosspunk?

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Did another study on gray stock with markers and pencil. More city, more snow.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

Al ! posted:

more mosspunk?

Yes please

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Commission done

also I'm learning how to do line art with lazy nezumi

IkeTurner posted:

Did another study on gray stock with markers and pencil. More city, more snow.

These are great! (i'm counting the previous ones too)

ThePlague-Daemon fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Shinmera posted:

I used to use line width variation. Back when I was going through a very rough phase I at some point decided to try fixed width in an attempt to allow myself to focus on the lines and shapes and make it less frustrating. It turned out that, after a while of experimenting with it, I actually liked the look of fixed width better overall too. I've stuck with it since. Occasionally I do try to go back to varying width, but I generally don't end up impressed with it.

As you noted, fixed width does have its fair share of challenges too, but I guess I just prefer the look overall, even when it comes to other artists' works.

Nice job with the sceneries by the way!
I always tell myself I should go out and draw from nature, but I never end up going. :(

Tonight: a quick sketch so I can hopefully get to bed at a reasonable hour one of these days.

there's something about this work that I like. maybe i just like the gappy line art feel a lot but that's just me. now one thing that bothers me is the leg but maybe the pants are making them look weird. just me opinion.