Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah but Kohonagakure Local #1 would be twelve blonds standing around supervising while waiting on one to show up from his four hour lunch break. A team of them would outwit the original and successfully negotiate an annual 5% COL increase plus an extra week of vacation. A picket line of clones outside demanding dental - you know what, this should happen, it's loving hilarious.

Naruto utterly bewildered, asking Shikamaru how his clones wound up smarter than he is, and Shikamaru replies "Well, some rocks are..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

rndmnmbr posted:

Naruto utterly bewildered, asking Shikamaru how his clones wound up smarter than he is, and Shikamaru replies "Well, some rocks are..."
"I don't believe it" :negative:

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
For the Manga readers:
Is it me, or is the fight with Delta the most boring fight in borito/Naruto ever. It doesn't feel fast and the strategy they refer to is invisible to us. It doesn't help that it feels like their are no stakes.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

:unsmith:

*sees preview for next week's episode*

:smith:

I'm not getting a Hinata-centric episode, am I.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Darth TNT posted:

For the Manga readers:
Is it me, or is the fight with Delta the most boring fight in borito/Naruto ever. It doesn't feel fast and the strategy they refer to is invisible to us. It doesn't help that it feels like their are no stakes.

I've liked it so far. Naruto getting gored through the stomach, hoping to trick Delta into giving up information was pretty great and I've been liking Delta's Juugo-esque ninja-tech.

If by no stakes you mean that you know Naruto will win...well, we know that he doesn't win as per chapter 1.

In sum, I think it's alright. I did prefer the kids fighting more though.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 24, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

I've liked it so far. Naruto getting gored through the stomach, hoping to trick Delta into giving up information was pretty great and I've been liking Delta's Juugo-esque ninja-tech.

If by no stakes you mean that you know Naruto will win...well, we know that he doesn't win as per chapter 1.

Yeah, the manga has actually been getting surprisingly decent lately (though we probably won't see any of this stuff in the anime for a good while yet).
'
I also enjoyed awkward dad Sasuke in this episode as well as Kakashi trying to give him parenting advice, is it just me or is Sasuke a better character in Boruto than he was in the entirety of Naruto's original run?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 24, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

Yeah, the manga has actually been getting surprisingly decent lately (though we probably won't see any of this stuff in the anime for a good while yet).
'
I also enjoyed awkward dad Sasuke in this episode as well as Kakashi trying to give him parenting advice, is it just me or is Sasuke a better character in Boruto than he was in the entirety of Naruto's original run?

Chilling out a character seems to have that effect. But yeah this episode is probably the most I have ever liked Sasuke.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Now I just wish they'd actually give Hinata some focus one of these days. Everybody else is still doing things despite some having kids of their own but we've generally only seen her being a mom and not much else as of yet.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Phantasm posted:

Chilling out a character seems to have that effect. But yeah this episode is probably the most I have ever liked Sasuke.
Seriously. Socially-awkward Sasuke trying to his hand at this dad thing was pretty oddly cute and endearing.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This episode was all kinds of adorable. Sasuke actually trying to be a good father, and succeeding at it was very cute. The little moment between Naruto and Boruto at the end made me happy. The genuine friendship between Sarada and Boruto is just great. New Team 7 is a much better team than old Team 7 ever was. Temari lording over Shikamaru and Shikadai in that one shot was hilarious.

The only flaw is the anime's treatment of Hinata.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you say that like there is a medium that treats hinata well.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you say that like there is a medium that treats hinata well.

Can't speak for the manga, so I went with anime.

But at least we will see more of the other students. It's nice that not all of them are children of the original Naruto cast, they need to get a bit more screentime.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Given the anime gave her an actual attack against Paine it absolutely treats Hinata better than the manga

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blockhouse posted:

Given the anime gave her an actual attack against Paine it absolutely treats Hinata better than the manga

So what in the manga she just pops in and then just gets stabbed?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

So what in the manga she just pops in and then just gets stabbed?

It's been a while since I saw that part in the manga but basically yeah. The anime also treats Tenten a little better (like actually showing her fight against Temari/her clone as well as getting a starring role in a few filler arcs) whereas in the manga she's basically just part of the scenery.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah they completely skipped chapter 2

https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Naruto_Shinden:_Family_Day

Had a summary of it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that would've been so good wtf

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Sasuke threatening to throw Kakashi in the river was a beautiful moment.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

In sum, I think it's alright. I did prefer the kids fighting more though.

Nah, Naruto playing possum was awesome and really felt like it fell in line with everything else we've seen the mangaka do so far. Like you I liked the fights the kids had as well as most were solved with smart strategies. Naruto getting stabbed and pretending to be seriously hurt was awesome.

I'm referring mostly to this chapter.
They were trading attacks to get some distance (as per Kawaki). Which didn't work because she still got Himawari in a second. So we just spent 20 pages on nothing.
It's also highly unlikely that Naruto will die against Delta at this point in time. If it happens Kashin would likely first have to show up as he didn't think Delta would be able to beat him. Or at least that's how I interpreted his comments.
Now, with her absorbing the vanishing Rasengan she might kill him with that move next chapter.

That art has been bad, but the manga itself is much better than expected. It's just this chapter which felt really empty to me.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Honestly I think all of the mangas fights have looked godawful. His paneling and layouts are just super weak and actively painful to look at.

And I loving hate the shot he keeps making of the camera looking at Boruto at an angle with his head tilted down slightly as he glowers. It just looks daft because he can't draw faces in a way that isn't horrible hateful garbage. He tries to make him look badass and determined but just ends up making him look like a constipated dork.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Larryb posted:

It's remarkable how much humanity you can lend to even the most overpowered and boring character by putting them in situations where they're out of their depth and can't just strongarm their way out of it with their usual bag of tricks. Seeing Sasuke try to be cool and impress his daughter, only for it to fail and him to be left standing there bemused with no idea what to do makes him more relatable than just about any scene in the entirety of Naruto. As did seeing him think back on the good moments with his father/brother and how he wants that kind of relationship with Sarada. Him having a simple home scene with Sakura where they discuss troubles almost worked too; though it'd have worked a lot more if Sakura had acted like he was just a person and made fun of him for trying too hard or something instead of saying "of course you are the coolest guy around, but that's besides the point".

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I think it works, though, because Sakura taking the piss out of Sasuke is just too out of character. Yeah, the two of them have a mature, trusting marriage, but Sakura still has a massive juvenile crush on her husband too. Why else would she stick around for his latest decade-long absence? I can see Naruto making fun of Sasuke for something else, but not parenting because he's just as clueless and knows it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
That's kind of the point. They don't come off as a couple so much as overgrown teenagers who barely know each other. Which is basically what they are, but having Sakura speak to him like he's a person rather than an object she near deifies 24/7 would make their relationship a lot more human and suggest it's actually moved on a bit from her just wanting him because he's Mr. Cool.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, I get the sense that Sakura never really moved on that much in terms of her younger days. She married her childhood crush who, despite not being an enormous rear end in a top hat anymore, is also barely around and she still can't talk to him like a normal person (add that to, well, being an Uchiha and it impresses me that Sarada wound up as well adjusted as she is). In terms of their childhood rivalry I'd argue that Ino's the one who probably came out on top in the end.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I get the feeling Sakura still treats Sasuke like that because she just hasn't been able to spend enough time with him for the novelty of being with Mr. Cool to wear off. Him being gone for months at a time makes it a pretty raw deal in that regard.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Honestly, I'm just surprised Sasuke stuck around long enough at least once to knock Sakura up. I wouldn't even be surprised to find out Sakura conceived artificially in some manner using a lock of Sasuke's hair or something. It's kind of sad that Boruto and Sarada aleady have a more mature relationship than Sakura and Sasuke, where they can treat each other with respect and consideration occasionally as well as mock or shout at each other whereas Sakura and Sasuke only ever interact in the one tone.

tsob fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Feb 26, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Like I said, considering her family legacy and who her parents are Sarada is incredibly well adjusted.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Sodium and chlorine make salt, it makes a little sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's possible for sasuke to grow up, but i don't think sakura can ever grow out of being sasuke's #2 fan (naruto is still #1)

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

But at the same time, Sakura is the one he could open up to and admit his insecurities with his relationship with his daughter, and for Sasuke to be able to open up to her at all instead of be typical Mr. Stoic says volumes about how much he really does love and trust her. Dude watched the person he loved the most butcher his entire family and spent the next decade veering hard into evil in desperate attempts to avoid confronting his emotional baggage, so I imagine "trust issues" is something of an understatement. It's good that he has someone.

Kakashi doesn't loving count. He injected himself into this situation with some spectacularly bad advice, and Sasuke is socially stunted enough that his first response was "trust my sensei" not "take any relationship advice from a 50-something confirmed bachelor with a habit of obsessively re-reading trashy romance novels with a massive grain of salt". Sasuke should have thrown him in the river anyways.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sasuke needs to get over himself and get that extra arm Tsunade made him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Sasukes gonna take Naruto's arm after he is killed from that dumb flashforward everyone has forgotten about I bet.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
would having two right arms cause complications with jutsu hand signs

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Like he couldn't Asura Path a replacement arm at will.

Hmm... We've seen him use the Deva Path and the Preta Path, and I seem to remember something implying using the Human Path, but thats it. I wonder if just one Rinnegan only gives you half the Paths, like Kakashi's single Mangekyo Sharingan only gave him half of the Kamui.

e. But also, Sasuke won't accept that arm until he can forgive himself for his sins, and that's something almost impossible to do. I'd paraphrase a conversation, but why do that when I can let my brother Teal'c explain it so much better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTzuxhOh80M

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 27, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That ninja tool guy should make him a sick-rear end robot arm that's also a smartphone so he can be forced to interact with his family more than once every few months.

Gimme an episode where he's trying to figure out ninjatwitter.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Bonus points if it automatically starts throwing one of Sakura's punches at his head if he ignores a family phone call.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sasuke in an attempt to look cool for Sarada does the dab after getting a new arm.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Tell me you don't think it'd be more entertaining to see him try to dab with only one arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Naruto dabs to connect with Boruto. Sasuke will not allow Naruto to one-up him yet again and unleashes the Mangekyo Sharingan to copy Naruto's dabbing technique. Probably uses his sword to fulfill the dab.