Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I've never heard anything other than "diaper adventure", I don't even know what else the line could be.

Also, the Mario universe should have a toad that's voiced by the guy who did Arthur Morgan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I've never heard anything other than "diaper adventure", I don't even know what else the line could be.

Also, the Mario universe should have a toad that's voiced by the guy who did Arthur Morgan.

I think it’s “time for adventure”. That’s how I hear it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think it’s “time for adventure”. That’s how I hear it.

Yeah, it's "Time for Adventure" and gently caress you all for ruining that for me forever :colbert:.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, it's "Time for Adventure" and gently caress you all for ruining that for me forever :colbert:.

I can't hear it that way at all, due to the spacing between words. "Dimefor adventure"?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Heath posted:

When the gently caress is Odallus going to get fixed

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I could have sworn it's "ready for adventure!"

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Playing one of several very slightly different sound files based on console serial number would be a great way to mess with people.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
In the UK he shouts nappy adventure

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You people somehow have worse internet poisoning than I do.

Toad is clearly coked to the gills tho.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You people somehow have worse internet poisoning than I do.

Toad is clearly coked to the gills tho.

At one point in her career, Jen Taylor voiced not only Cortana from Halo, but both Peach and Toad.

That's quite a range. :stare:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

My Time at Portia is coming to Switch in Spring and I've noticed it's the new hotness among folks who really dug into Stardew. It's out for PC right now - anyone play it?

It's very good outside of the combat being kind of just there (thankfully it's about as common as it is in Stardew except for a few story dungeon sequences)

A really cool bit about it is that you actually impact the world through the story quests. There's a nice sense of accomplishment when you ride the fast travel system that you built or pass one of the several bridges that unlock new areas that you had a hand in constructing.

That being said there's a few edge bits that do feel incomplete (like content is still coming.) I.e. a couple relationships have much more depth in the form of unique quests attached.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

At one point in her career, Jen Taylor voiced not only Cortana from Halo, but both Peach and Toad.

That's quite a range. :stare:

The other day I learned that Gladiolus from FF XV, Junkrat from Overwatch, and Artyom from the Metro series are voiced by the same person. Ranges like that always blow me away.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Pokemon direct tomorrow, 9am est.

Gen 8 reveal I presume.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Seven whole minutes, don't overdo it Nintendo

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1100395059923439616?s=21

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The new information is simply that they're going to charge 61 dollars for the new Pokemon game because they know you'll pay it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Barudak posted:

The new information is simply that they're going to charge 61 dollars for the new Pokemon game because they know you'll pay it.

gently caress yeah I will! Maybe twice, one for each version. And then give me the slightly different (but still the same) version the following year. Rinse, repeat.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

MarcusSA posted:

It’s not worse IMO and it’s portable.

Stardew is portables though?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Also Portia is worse than Stardew.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I'm excited to see the next generation of Pokemon

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Fun Times! posted:

Also Portia is worse than Stardew.

Eh Portia's quite good and I find the 3d world really gives it some life.

I'd agree Stardew is the better complete package but Portia is good if you want to scratch a similar itch.

One thing I failed to mention is that Portia has farming but it's much less of a focus. Portia is much more about crafting items to fulfil town requests.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

For those seeking FFX/FFX2 physically, Play-Asia just sent out a clarification: they'll both be on the same cart as opposed to one cart per game (as was previously announced).

This is in line with the Japanese version which has both versions on the same cart and better than the US release which contains a cart for FFX and a download code for FFX2.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hammer Bro. posted:

For those seeking FFX/FFX2 physically, Play-Asia just sent out a clarification: they'll both be on the same cart as opposed to one cart per game (as was previously announced).

This is in line with the Japanese version which has both versions on the same cart and better than the US release which contains a cart for FFX and a download code for FFX2.

Try not to buy from them. Pretty sure you can purchase directly from Amazon JP.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Takoluka posted:

Try not to buy from them. Pretty sure you can purchase directly from Amazon JP.

Yeah. Don't support PA. They're scummy.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I use P-A to get Japanese eshop points, can you do that easily on Amazon JP?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Possibly (haven't tried), but there are tons of services out there that provide international eShop codes and don't give their support to Nazis, so it might be worth looking into them!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Didn't someone here just ask about how slim the chances to a Pokemon only direct were? Man gently caress these Twitter goobers, the real leaks are coming from inside the thread

Ah poo poo I guess that means f zero rammers is real

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Annath posted:

Stardew is portables though?

I think there was a mixup where the first reply to my post said they were gonna buy SV on Switch and then asked if "it", meaning Portia, was supposed to be good. Followed by someone saying it wasn't and others assuming they meant SV when they meant Portia. I think.

Anyway, the aesthetic of Portia is kinda "off" for me, it doesn't feel cozy like SV, Rune Factory, Story of Seasons, etc. It's UI feels kinda "freemium" - a couple boxes for premium currencies would feel right at home here. Might be a game to watch in the future but it looks like it needs an update or two still.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

These things happen earlier and earlier. I wasn't expecting the Pokemon direct to be until the start of summer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

These things happen earlier and earlier. I wasn't expecting the Pokemon direct to be until the start of summer.

If Pokemon's this year's big December release, getting a trailer now would be about right. Otherwise it falls into the save-for-e3 stretch from around March/April/May

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

Deified Data posted:

I think there was a mixup where the first reply to my post said they were gonna buy SV on Switch and then asked if "it", meaning Portia, was supposed to be good. Followed by someone saying it wasn't and others assuming they meant SV when they meant Portia. I think.

Anyway, the aesthetic of Portia is kinda "off" for me, it doesn't feel cozy like SV, Rune Factory, Story of Seasons, etc. It's UI feels kinda "freemium" - a couple boxes for premium currencies would feel right at home here. Might be a game to watch in the future but it looks like it needs an update or two still.

I was considering Portia to scratch the itch for a 3D Harvest Moon-esque experience (really loved Magical Melody), but I think I'll just wait for Rune Factory to come to Switch

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

kidfresca posted:

I was considering Portia to scratch the itch for a 3D Harvest Moon-esque experience (really loved Magical Melody), but I think I'll just wait for Rune Factory to come to Switch

Rune Factory 4 is definitely the superior game. I just hope we get more news soon.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
My wife picked up Portia on our steam account last week. She's been stuck on it. It has taken over Stardew as her favorite game. She doesn't play many games and hates combat. So I guess different tastes will hit it in different ways. It seems like a fun builder game with some farming elements. It's system built around building is pretty interesting. Combat is simple but some drops are needed, so eventually you have to do some of it. Characters seem okay. Voice work is patchy.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If Pokemon's this year's big December release, getting a trailer now would be about right. Otherwise it falls into the save-for-e3 stretch from around March/April/May

It also makes sense at least for a US campaign to let parents know to buy a switch with their tax return money so they can get Pokemon for Christmas.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I bet they reveal at the end of the direct that one of the new gen pokemon is going to be the next Smash dlc character.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

PantsBandit posted:

I bet they reveal at the end of the direct that one of the new gen pokemon is going to be the next Smash dlc character.
I bet they don't.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

American McGay posted:

I bet they don't.

:shrug: They're about due for another reveal since Joker is going to be releasing in a couple months. Seems like the kind of hype-generating announcement Nintendo likes to do.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I really doubt there's gonna be a Smash announcement

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Oh boy! 7 minutes of Pokemon GO!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PantsBandit posted:

Smash Bros is all about popular well-known characters throwing down together, and a new-gen pokemon getting dumped in sight-unseen is nothing more than a marketing stunt. I don't think it would go over well with the fanbase at-large, and it'd be a total dice-roll on Nintendo's part on the faint hope it's an instant-classic pokemon beloved by all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Back around launch you could get eshop codes off amazon jp at cost but then they stopped listing digital eshop codes completely on the site not long after for some reason. It was still that way last i checked but that was a couple months ago.
If they have, or ever start again, thats absolutely the best way to get them.