Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

3 balls... Recent trademark related to some science crap... In 2019, Mewthree becomes real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope there's a new virus Pokemon and it's really easy to catch and they make a joke like "You couldn't catch a Koldsniff"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is there any reason to think it’s not gen 8?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Imagine 3 pokeballs on the edge of a cliff...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Finally, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee 2

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mean. it's probably 3 pokeballs in reference to the three starters the player picks from at the beginning of a new game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Oxyclean posted:

book town confirmed baby

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

i mean. it's probably 3 pokeballs in reference to the three starters the player picks from at the beginning of a new game.

That's probably all it is. Open the direct by showing the new starters maybe

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I hope there's a new virus Pokemon and it's really easy to catch and they make a joke like "You couldn't catch a Koldsniff"

I like this idea. I hope the new rival team is "Team AIDS." I can't see any other way to one-up Team Skull.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

:chloe:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

7 minutes barely qualifies as a direct imo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Seven minutes long, just like the previous two gen reveal directs. So, I'm expecting like four seconds of game footage, and some concept art. Probably the new starters since those have been getting revealed sooner and sooner. And the logos, of course.

Man, that reminds me, in a forum I used to go to, some people were adamant about SM being a continuation of Gen 6, more of a Gen 6.5 since a new region wasn't confirmed yet and poo poo lmao

e: wait, the XY direct reveal was different. It was 11 minutes long, about 7 and a half mins to the history of pokemon releases. Then we got a solid minute of footage including legendaries and starters and a bunch of areas. Followed by more Iwata.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 26, 2019

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hopefully we’ll get 30-45 seconds of starters and 6 minutes of animal crossing news

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Seven minutes long, just like the previous two gen reveal directs. So, I'm expecting like four seconds of game footage, and some concept art. Probably the new starters since those have been getting revealed sooner and sooner. And the logos, of course.

This made me look the last reveal up and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAnTaH9ALn8

Now I know what to expect. I expect nothing except the title.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man, that reminds me, in a forum I used to go to, some people were adamant about SM being a continuation of Gen 6, more of a Gen 6.5 since a new region wasn't confirmed yet and poo poo lmao

To be fair we never got a third game or second pair for X/Y, and we didnt have a system switch, so it probably seemed weird to have a Generation switch "so soon"? Granted, we had ORAS and I don't think remakes come before third games.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

chaosapiant posted:

I like this idea. I hope the new rival team is "Team AIDS." I can't see any other way to one-up Team Skull.

no

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

e: wait, the XY direct reveal was different. It was 11 minutes long, about 7 and a half mins to the history of pokemon releases. Then we got a solid minute of footage including legendaries and starters and a bunch of areas. Followed by more Iwata.

Well that's it, I'm convinced; iwatas zombie is giving the direct tommorow

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

Ah, thank God someone is here with 2006 era 4 Chan humor

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

To be fair we never got a third game or second pair for X/Y, and we didnt have a system switch, so it probably seemed weird to have a Generation switch "so soon"? Granted, we had ORAS and I don't think remakes come before third games.

When Let's Go was announced, they stated the next game would be a new generation mainline game on the Switch. It might seem soon but they did talk about it last year!

Personally I think that was an attempt to make people stop panicking about/hating on LGPE for not being a mainline game, but we'll see I guess.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Oxyclean posted:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Seven minutes is longer than dome segments in directs that people complained dragged on forever

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Seven minutes is longer than dome segments in directs that people complained dragged on forever

Yes, but those weren't Pokémon related directs.

Seriously though, seven minutes is plenty of time to give something substantial, like a name of the title, starters and possibly what the box legendary looks like.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Apparently the Sun/Moon initial direct was seven minutes and have nothing but the logo

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

mandatory lesbian posted:

Ah, thank God someone is here with 2006 era 4 Chan humor

It was a dumb joke, I apologize.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Here are the two gen reveal directs

XY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw
SM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE9WJWp8zvs

And here's a movie poster
https://twitter.com/DetPikachuMovie/status/1100432904176381952

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Apparently the Sun/Moon initial direct was seven minutes and have nothing but the logo

They were also celebrating the 20 year milestone of the franchise.

Since they already revealed that there was going to be a mainline game for the Switch during the announcement of the Let's Go games, and there's no major milestone, all there to reveal is what Gen 8 is all about.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I kinda think the new Gen 8 will take place in the same region as the new movie. It'd be silly to have it anywhere else I think. Well, not silly maybe, but a missed opportunity to take advantage of all the new fans this movie could bring to the franchise.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Mewtwo is way in the background of that Detective Pikachu poster

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

I kinda think the new Gen 8 will take place in the same region as the new movie. It'd be silly to have it anywhere else I think. Well, not silly maybe, but a missed opportunity to take advantage of all the new fans this movie could bring to the franchise.

That makes a lot of sense actually. I haven't thought about it before but do we know if the movies is set it a known region or not? That city certainly doesn't look familiar.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 26, 2019

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

chaosapiant posted:

take this poo poo to Imp Zone

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

THE loving MOON posted:

That makes a lot of sense actually. I haven't thought about it before but do we know if the movies is set it a know region or not? That city certainly doesn't look familiar.

I think we know "Ryme City" isn't in any current regions, or hasn't been mentioned previously. So my thought is that it's a new region and Ryme City is the new Veridian/Lumiose/WTF ever other main city was in the games. Then fans of the movie can go "cool I want to visit there!" and play the hot new Gen 8 game, and older fans of the franchise can also go "I wish we had a region like that!" and so on.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

THE loving MOON posted:

That makes a lot of sense actually. I haven't thought about it before but do we know if the movies is set it a known region or not? That city certainly doesn't look familiar.

Its never specified what region Ryme city is in in the game.

The trailer has a bunch of Sinnoh stuff but :shrug:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

I think we know "Ryme City" isn't in any current regions, or hasn't been mentioned previously. So my thought is that it's a new region and Ryme City is the new Veridian/Lumiose/WTF ever other main city was in the games. Then fans of the movie can go "cool I want to visit there!" and play the hot new Gen 8 game, and older fans of the franchise can also go "I wish we had a region like that!" and so on.

Okay, I now 100% think that's whats up. That would be way, way too good a marketing move not to go for it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So a coworker had a 3DS collecting dust which he lent to me so I have begun the process of consolidating all my poo poo into one cart before I start poke transporting to the bank. Except it looks like I need X/Y or Sun/Moon in order to open poke bank far enough to download the transporter portion or use the bank in any real capacity so I guess I’m buying whatever is the latest main game and getting caught up with the series.

This mini-game loving suuuuuuuuucks

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So a coworker had a 3DS collecting dust which he lent to me so I have begun the process of consolidating all my poo poo into one cart before I start poke transporting to the bank. Except it looks like I need X/Y or Sun/Moon in order to open poke bank far enough to download the transporter portion or use the bank in any real capacity so I guess I’m buying whatever is the latest main game and getting caught up with the series.

You can't download the Sun/Moon demo and use it?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Macaluso posted:

Mewtwo is way in the background of that Detective Pikachu poster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bILE5BEyhdo

chaosapiant posted:

You can't download the Sun/Moon demo and use it?

I’ll give this a try. Had no idea there’s a demo.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 26, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bILE5BEyhdo

Well they won't keeping him secret

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Ludicolo's got some disturbing fur

Also were those Bidoof crawling on the power lines at 20 seconds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah you have to local transfer to Generation 5 (Black/White) Then it's one box at a time, constantly swapping between Poke Transporter and Pokemon Bank to clear the transfer box.

From that point you do have a choice of X/Y, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, and (Ultra) Sun/Moon to transfer the older ones. Ultra Sun/Moon is the absolute latest and has 5 new Pokemon in the coding that are unobtainable in regular Sun/Moon :Poipole, Naganadel (Poipole's evolution. Also it can't breed and you only get one,) Stakata, Blacephalon, and Zeraora(Mythical.)

The demos won't work. Though there are some exclusives to transfer over to the retail game.