Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So who DIDN'T get Farina'd?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Calaveron posted:

Your mom

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Dick Miller better get in next years montage.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Holy crap, DO NOT put Eric in charge of a clone facility.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

Holy crap, DO NOT put Eric in charge of a clone facility.

Yeah, this episode gets loving dark. It's incredible.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Calaveron posted:

Bend over and I’ll show you

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

yEAH, IT OWNS

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Dick Cheney wanting Bush to spit into his mouth got me.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

I'm about halfway through it I think and every time I think they hit the bedrock of darkness they just break on through that floor and keep going. It's pretty hilarious.

Edit: also like how they accidentally came up with half the plot of Perfect Dark while trying to make the clone president part better

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 26, 2019

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

less bend over and i'll show you and more FIGURE IT OUT please

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'd kind of like to see a post Oscars video follow up to their Oscars podcast evert year.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

A callback to the Jeff Foxworthy Golden Corral commercials? What a wonderful surprise! :D

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Beauty and the Beast Golden Corral kills me

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
Eric’s nonsense name for the puppet comic has me crying at work.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Randy Blarg Blarhf

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

If y'all aren't following SzyszkaFanatic on twitter, you need to change that. Reading through it has kind of revealed Eric as the stealth best actual joke constructer on the show.

https://twitter.com/SzyszkaFanatic/status/1086969469878956032

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Mods, change my name to Randy Bearburr, TIA.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I really hope Randy Bherr-B'Bhur becomes a new recurring character.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Fart City posted:

If y'all aren't following SzyszkaFanatic on twitter, you need to change that. Reading through it has kind of revealed Eric as the stealth best actual joke constructer on the show.

https://twitter.com/SzyszkaFanatic/status/1086969469878956032

Thank you for this.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jupin saying "Pfft whatever." to the idea of a Mike MST3K disappoints me greatly and also baffles me because his sense of humor and movie mockery is definitely closer to Mike than Joel.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
Just on the off chance Eric is still reading can I just say as a UK listener that your British people impressions are almost uniformly hilariously terrible. The Clive Owen "I get such bad headaches" one is a standout, and I am cheered immensely that after a long absence the same voice has reappeared as Newt Scamander.

Please note, this is not a complaint. Far from it in fact.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

OrthoTrot posted:

Just on the off chance Eric is still reading can I just say as a UK listener that your British people impressions are almost uniformly hilariously terrible. The Clive Owen "I get such bad headaches" one is a standout, and I am cheered immensely that after a long absence the same voice has reappeared as Newt Scamander.

Please note, this is not a complaint. Far from it in fact.

Maybe he would do better if he had a puppet!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bobkatt013 posted:

Maybe he would do better if he had a puppet!

This guy definitely hosed a puppet

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Elderbean posted:

Randy Blarg Blarhf

The funniest part is I knew who he was talking about.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Jupin saying "Pfft whatever." to the idea of a Mike MST3K disappoints me greatly and also baffles me because his sense of humor and movie mockery is definitely closer to Mike than Joel.

He is a man with many hard opinions on things

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Mike is a chud, albeit super low key about it, so that might be a factor.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Mike is my favorite host just because I grew up with him, but hoo boy did his episodes age way worse than Joel's. The amount of "this woman is slightly masculine SHE'S SECRETLY A MAN" jokes alone can make you embarrassed in your own home.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Mike is a chud, albeit super low key about it, so that might be a factor.

Yeah I'll give you that.

Marin Karin posted:

Mike is my favorite host just because I grew up with him, but hoo boy did his episodes age way worse than Joel's. The amount of "this woman is slightly masculine SHE'S SECRETLY A MAN" jokes alone can make you embarrassed in your own home.

Same but I can't not love his work (especially since he was also head writer for most of Joel's run IIRC) despite its/Mike's admitted flaws.

I honestly periodically forget Mike's CHUD status because he's so low key about it which TBH puts him above many conservatives these days. Plus going by Twitter Bill Corbett is super liberal and they're seemingly good pals so Mike probably isn't too egregious.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 28, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
New episode of the Nexus is up :woop:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The last 10 minutes of this episode (i.e. everything after Picard activates the self destruct) were loving hysterical. Crazy Picard is the absolute best.

"You will die in the BRIG! RULES ARE RULES!"

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 28, 2019

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
All MST3K hosts are the best . Yes, even the newest one.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Does the "Mike Nelson is a CHUD" talking point come from anywhere other than like an interview in the early 90s where he says he was religious?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

weekly font posted:

Does the "Mike Nelson is a CHUD" talking point come from anywhere other than like an interview in the early 90s where he says he was religious?

No, I don't think so. He can pretty safely be categorized a conservative Evangelical (he does a podcast with his preacher), but I've never known of him to be overtly political in any public forum.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I think he called a left leaning paper communist once but other than that he generally doesn't mention politics.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah, he's not John Ryhs-Davies or anything like that. (John Ryhs-Davies ranting about "Mooslems" is one of my favorite recurring bits)

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

He kind of falls into the “kids these days” white guy conservative bubble that Mike Judge also occupies (albeit with less appearances on Alex Jones’ show)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

weekly font posted:

quote:

Politically, Nelson describes himself as a conservative. He summed up his views during an interview on the MST3K fan site in 2004: "I read the National Review cover to cover. Check in at Townhall.com every day. Check the Washington Times daily. Listen to Dennis Prager and Michael Medved on a regular basis. Read Mark Steyn with regularity. Read the Weekly Standard. So, yes, I do vote Republican."

That was 15 years ago so who knows what he believes now

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Not all Republicans are Chuds, he strikes me more as one of the boring George Will types

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Not all Republicans are Chuds, he strikes me more as one of the boring George Will types

Yeah I'd absolutely buy Mike as a NeverTrumper but I've been disappointed before. That said, Mike is at the very least absolutely hilarious which puts him well above 95% of Republicans by default.